It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's above lake Ontario!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Try get us some videos and post on ATS

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Thank You for your opinion, but you are wrong friend. I know what I saw. I'm no BS'er, hoaxer etc. I would not have posted this unless I thought it was real. REAL it was. If I had your 8", I would have a better post, but I don't. Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
ATS members share with me, so should I, right?

Yep, and good on you for doing that.

I hope that i get the opportunity to do so one day.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalthinking
Good post man. I do believe you, for some reason you seem sincere.. At least you posted somethnig. Good job on it tho, seriously....Eye perspective vs the camera is going to be different...Keep an eye out for it, maybe it will return...

I am sincere, I have no reason to lie. What I saw, I recorded and shared here. People can flame me all they want, I don't care, because the truth is the truth and nothing more!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

It's already uploaded to Youtube, see earlier posts for the link

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Sony Handycam

DCR-DVD610

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star

ATS members share with me, so should I, right?

Yep, and good on you for doing that.

I hope that i get the opportunity to do so one day.

You may not want to do that, considering the grief I'm getting here

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Mclaneinc

Did you look at 5:10 in the video - HOW does a star DO THAT????! That's not my hands shaking, so please explain to me? You have the answers - right????

I don't dispute your honesty, however from an objective point of view looking at the video, the point of light you captured at least coincidentally looks very similar to what Jupiter looked like late last night in North America. Sometimes with the right cloud cover and ground light, only a couple of the bightest stars/planets in the sky will be visible through the clouds.

And at 5:10 plus, the problem is that there's a partial zigzag motion as the object is leaving the viewable area, confirming that the camera was moving during at least part of this time; and there's no way to confirm that the object itself was also moving, only the camera, particularly since you zoomed in when you should have zoomed out for perspective. So when you say that wasn't your hand shaking, well your hand was shaking almost the whole time.

With that said, I think many of us have seen distant lit objects move in the sky in a way that didn't seem possible or natural, so whatever it really was that you captured on video, thanks for sharing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Jupiter was supposed to at its brightest last night,I was listening to npr yesterday and they said it would be as big as the moon.although I didn't see it (too many trees around me to get a clear view)maybe this will explain what you saw.

I understand why some of you are suggesting what OP saw was a planet but can't we give him the benefit of doubt assuming, he saw this object speed away?

It's one thing to confuse ' bright flying objects' to 'bright stationary objects' every now and then but I would hope, someone who possesses the ability to film, download, upload and converse about it in a forum, has enough common sense to differentiate between the two.

If this thing did not fly away, as OP claims it did, I would 95% agree that he probably did see Jupiter in all its glory this morning but..........I can't do that when I allow that this 'thing' moved!
'

edit on 18-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Looks like Jupiter, acts like Jupiter, is there any reason it can't be Jupiter?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Just so you guys know, I have a tripod with legs already extended that I keep by the door, and I keep the tripod mount attached to my camera and the battery charged. I do this because I often take pictures of sunsets so I have to have the camera ready as the window of time to get a good sunset picture can be just a couple of minutes.

That being said, I pledge, should I ever see a "UFO", I will:
* Use the tripod, or, if away from the house, steady the camera against a solid object - no blurry shaky cam!
* Verbally state the date and time
* Zoom out a few times to get surrounding area and perspective view
* Actually try to focus on the object
* Hopefully use multiple cameras (my cellphone takes 720p HD video and 5MP stills), or at least a still image so that the GPS coordinates are stored.

So there we go, I now just need a UFO to present itself, and I will then present the first ever clear video/pictures ;-)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thanks for your observation. As said previously, I had a 4" Orion telescope in SA and used to look at Jupiter LOTS. It's not freaking Jupiter - I WOULD know!! Just BTW, does anybody know where Jupiter was at about 3am??

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Great, why don't you come here and film over Lake Ontario?

Tripod and all. Because it happens when you're ready, never happens when you're not ....oh let's say walking the dog??

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
any reason it can't be Jupiter?

Only if we assume it sped away as OP says it did.

I just can't see someone filming this (that, to the average person looks like it COULD be stationary) for 6 minutes in the early AM if it didn't seem to behaving oddly.

I also have to assume he saw what he saw at 5:11 which to me, looks like it moved too. Now, I am not a photographer at all but I understand the basic mechanics of motion picture whereas, if you (the filmer) moves, so will appear the 'thing'.

But I go back to the 'why' of the whole thing? Why go online to get verbally assaulted? And be called a hoaxer? And to be called (in not so many words) an idiot?
He's been on ATS for a couple of years. Why would he risk his reputation?

Those are the questions I ask myself before I jump to my own, second-person-removed, conclusion and so should some of you.

I rather be wrong in fairness (giving the benefit of doubt) then be wrong in arrogance (assuming we know better).

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thank you. You have made a point that I could not have. I would NEVER destroy my credibility with some crap! I only wish the camera picked up the larger object. That would have sealed it for me, but unfortunately it did not.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Nice find of whatever it was. I live in Sauga as well so this is pretty neat. I am also a amateur astronomer. I dont have time to read the entire thread post by post, but I've seen some people say it Sirius. Well, if you look at the 1st picture below with the help of Starry Night, Sirius comes out the horizon at 3:19am right between E and SE as seen in the 2nd picture. The object in the video is MUCH more higher then the horizon. Jupiter is pretty easy to spot and I'm sure it would be hard to mistake Jupiter for something else, when you have looked at it previously and what not.I don't remember seeing if you posted which direction you were looking while taking the shot so can you post that again. thanks. Also, I will keep an eye out tonight and have my camera ready incase something does pop up.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by 8fl0z

It's already uploaded to Youtube, see earlier posts for the link

Who knows...it just looked like a planet to me, that or a bright star...

My reasoning is: If it were an alien craft, why would it be hovering...say 20k feet above the surface, with all lights ablaze?

If i were an ET and i was scouting a world with intelligent life, id go as stealthy as possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

Chad, I would have to say South West. BUT this was just nuts!

Southwest is where Jupiter would have been at that time of night where you are in Missassauga, Ontario.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

You are in fact correct. ( oh the irony lol )

Just for reference

I dunno why the picture gets all fuzzy after I save the image with paint.

edit on 18-9-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I didn't say ET - I said UFO - Unidentified Flying Object. I did say that I think it's ours. Read the thread, before making comments!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join