It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's above lake Ontario!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Boring.

Shaky video of point source light in the sky.
You had plenty of time to support the camera, a tripod would have shown it to be stationary. Hell, you can improvise a monopod with a broomstick and a wall.

What you saw, and filmed, was a celestial object, probably Jupiter but maybe Sirius.

A telescope does not an astronomer make. I have an 8" Celestron and a 90mm Meade and have dabbled in astronomy for 30 years. I can't count the number of times I've seen people show up at gatherings with shiny expensive new telescopes and not a clue how to use them.

Sorry, my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Beautiful picture. I was a little surprised to hear you live in the mountains. I took you to be a city boy

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
FFS - If You saw what I did, the camera does NO JUSTICE.... TRUST ME!! I'm Bullcrapping nobody! Why would I?

edit on 18-9-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
TortoiseKweek, can you confirm again that the object was moving quickly across the sky? If that's the case then I think Jupiter can be ruled out as according to current theory planets don't move like that (Planet X excluded of course
)

From about 5:40 onwards it looks to me as though the object is strobing in a regular pattern which made me think that if there was a mundane explanation the most likely would be a plane or helicopter with landing lights on, flying straight towards you for a few minutes and then banking, leading to an illusion of hovering for a while then 'taking off' quickly. Could this be a possible explanation of what you saw?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
all these pages of posts just for that video of a dot?

what a waste of time

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
FFS - If You saw what I did, the camera does NO JUSTICE.... TRUST ME!! I'm Bullcrapping nobody! Why would I?

edit on 18-9-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

why would you?

attention...simple...same reason most people post a load of crap

this is the kinda crap people have to filter through to find anythin truly decent.....can do without it tbh

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have to say that after all the wait that video really just seemed to show a star, I'm not trying to say you are trying to make something out of nothing but you have to admit that what the camera got lots exactly like a star.

I'm glad you got something from what you saw but sadly it gives us the viewer nothing.

Keep filming...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Jupiter was supposed to at its brightest last night,I was listening to npr yesterday and they said it would be as big as the moon.

Every year (sometimes multiple times per year) we hear the same old "planet X will be as big as the moon tonight", because the same emails get resent every year. Example: www.snopes.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now I know why people don't post their videos here. You people are ignorant. I REPEAT - I'm not a hoxer! What I saw was crazy crap! I've never seen this before..... and I don't intend to fool my ATS family.... believe what you want. I saw it, it WAS REAL. I'm sorry I ever posted this, because all I'm getting is flamed....

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Did you look at 5:10 in the video - HOW does a star DO THAT????! That's not my hands shaking, so please explain to me? You have the answers - right????

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Trust me, not a heli or a plane. I see planes ALL the time from the US coming to land at Pearson. THIS was OUT there - crazy crap!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
maybe this is a question that has been asked before...

why would a ufo need to have lights on it?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I don't have the answers, sorry. All I know is that what I saw this morning, was crazy weird crap. That little light thing seemed to be controlled by a larger spherical thing, which the camera DID NOT pick up. If it did, people wouldn't be flaming me. But have a look at 5:10, that thing takes off - A star?? My ass!!

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Don't bother, OP. I've starting seeing this a few years ago. I estimated it to be over Lake Ontario also, usually appearing between 7:30 and 1am on most nights. There is a good video on youtube of it being filmed from Hamilton. I still see it now and then. I knew off the bat that this is not a star or a planet for I have been "watching the skies" since I can remember. I don't post on this board anymore because I could type my face off and I still just get "it's Venus, Jupiter..." So I gave up a long time ago. Now when I see it, I enjoy it with my telescope and/or binoculars. It's a personal thing now. U2U me and maybe we can discuss it further there. It is possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by Kandinsky

Did you see 5:10 when the "star" moved???

i did see that.

with no vantage point or scale its difficult to make an educated guess.

interesting though.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
maybe this is a question that has been asked before...

why would a ufo need to have lights on it?

Good question, and if I may-

Why do UFO's need/use lights?

I appreciate the OP's honesty, excitement, and ability to come through with video. However, this doesn't cinch anything for me...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hope to see the video (if it's not already posted by now)

Is the light completely stationary, or is it moving slowly with the stars?

(probably been asked already, but i'm in the middle of reading the thread)

MMN, what happened to the Arnie avatar?...loved that one.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

i agree Jupiter IS super bright as i mistook it for Venus
in a thread i created the other week.

it's putting on a fine show and i believe Pluto? is just behind Jupiter.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'd like to add that if anything it is not E.T. It looks very ethereal to myself. So many brilliant colours confined to a small constantly moving spherical shape. It doesn't appear to move with the stars but does move as if it is trying to blend in.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

I've seen a 'weird' star over the lake too, my hubby said its just a star and teased me--I even stood in my backyard for quite some time staring at it (I couldn't find the binoculars and we packed our telescope because we're moving). I questioned it because something seemed off about it. I was looking south from Ajax.

Forgot to add that it seemed prismatic--and I was sober by the way

edit on 18-9-2010 by canuckistanian because: Forgot to add something....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join