It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tspark
reply to post by Curiousisall

Where do you get that from those surveys?

how can you tell the budget from them....

by the viewers?

that would be idiotic wouldn't it ? to try and project the budget based on viewer...

I am not sure what you are asking. I said he came out just above two comedy shows in having informed viewers. It is right there on the chart since that is what the chart is of. How did you miss it? I never made any claim that the charts showed what his budget is. Maybe if you ask 5 or 6 times.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER??? Glen Beck????

What civil rights did he promote with his consistant flip flops?

If such a man can be elevated to civil rights leadership, humanity is a lost cause, not to mention the millions he lined his pockets daily and only throw out a pathetic few coins to show he cared for others, as well as for his own stupidity not to realise and draw conclusions to truths but only to twist truths to suit his wallet on his own.

This guy is getting too much attention than he really deserves here, and put shame upon the other countless others who are fighting on behalf of humanity even penniless. Glen is an idol only for village idiots and someone who has a coin to spare and cannot think for himself rationally.

PS: My policy had always been to seek the message and not the messenger, but with Glen, there is no message except for flip flopping currently profitable (to himself) messages.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Again I point to my previous post...

how does it calculate the budget?

can you give some mathematical equation....

I see you are having some trouble following one thought to the next. Is this indicative of a typicl Beck audience member? Here is what I actually replied to.

Is the OP going to try and dispute the contention that Beck DOES NOT spend more on research as he stated?

Please read that sentence as many times as it takes to see the word "NOT." Now follow along. The chart clearly shows one of the following possibilites.

A) Glenn Beck is lying about his research budget.
B) Glenn Beck is not lying but does not know what to do with his research, rendering it useless.
C) Glenn Beck does spend that money and does understand his research but his audience as a whole is not smart enough to follow along.

If there is another option you see, please tell me. If you are going to post the same question 6 more times I will just ignore you.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Your making claims about him spending on his budget... like you don't believe it.... in fact you ask one poster..

"now do you believe him".... what i said was show us the facts that says ...he is not spending as much as he said is..

not facts as to what the memory retention of his audience is...

facts about his budget....

Facts...PU-OSU

edit on 14-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123

On the radio.... Let it go....You are wrong, I am right, come to terms with it.

Oh so his television show does not put out the same quality research as his radio show? Does he forget his research when cameras are turned on? Where is your proof he spends all that money? Where is your evidence he informs anyone of anything? Where is your evidence that his audience is more informed than any other audience? All you have is "You are wrong, I am right." That is it. That is all you have even put forward.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Your making claims about him spending on his budget... like you don't believe it.... in fact you ask one poster..

"now do you believe him".... what i said was show us the facts that says ...he is not spending as much as he said is..

not facts as to what the memory retention of his audience is...

facts about his budget....

Facts...PU-OSU

edit on 14-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

I have a chart clearly showing that his audience is far less informed than those of other media outlets. That would be evidence that his research budget claim is BS. What evidence do you have to the contrary aside from him saying it? FACTS!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

See all my other posts....

Attack his claim with facts about his budget claim....

attacks against his viewers does not negate his budget claim....

must i say sloweeeerrr

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is not a fact about his budget claim it is about his audience...

try to see the difference.....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

now gonna trust your integrity here....

you know about...

cloward and piven?
the Black Robed regiment?
Weimar Republic?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

legally retarded is an IQ of 75. i wouldn't say the majority of the FOX "News" networks targetted audience is in towards the genius range considering the national average IQ is closer to retarded than genius. those are just the statistics. don't be angry with the messenger.

Flawed logic used in conjunction with statistical data doesn't prove anything..

Most of the people I know who are Beck fans happen to be quite intelligent. I think it's more likely that Beck fans have become blind out of loyalty to their political party in addition to the fact they have been fooled into thinking Fox News is reporting actual news instead of propaganda.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Ltg just did it for you

Thanks for the repost....

Or Ltg just pointed out that Beck or his audience have no clue what to do with that research. Somehow you all think he proved something else so now I am even more curious.

Actually I am a woman. 38 years old, with my hubby since I was a teenager, kids, farm. A real person. I simply posted a current version of your survey. You attacked me. Is this how you treat everyone? YOUR SURVEY and MINE prove nothing....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It is based on 4 questions asked of people at random over the phone. So the viewers of those other news sources answered 1 more question correctly than Beck folks......

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thanks for making me clean my monitor, because when I saw the words "Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck", I sprayed my beverage all over it! Glenn Beck is nothing more than a Conservative Meat Puppet and an alarmist. If anything, he helps to set the Civil Rights Movement back a decade or so... He sure ain't no Martin Luther King!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76

As far as him being a civil rights leader? I would trust him a smell of a lot further than all these other self-proclaimed civil rights leaders.

edit on 13-9-2010 by rbnhd76 because: to add a bit more

Nice one at first I almost believed you! Well done for carrying the humorous tone set by the op! Glen Beck LOL

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Is this true?

It probably is true. Considering how much information they put out and how much research has to go into finding that information. They put out the information 5 days a week .. an hour each day. I don't doubt that his research expenses are high.

BUT ... I take issue with calling him a 'civil righs leader'. I wouldn't call him that. He's exposing political corruption. He's making a good living off giving speeches (nothing wrong with that). Now he's sliding into the far right christian thing. But I wouldn't put the 'civil righs leader' title on him.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
ET, you know I think you are hilarious, but when I saw "Glenn Beck, Civil Rights Leader", I thought,

OKAY. Now he's gone too dang far!!!

lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Originally posted by ljtg123

On the radio.... Let it go....You are wrong, I am right, come to terms with it.

Oh so his television show does not put out the same quality research as his radio show? Does he forget his research when cameras are turned on? Where is your proof he spends all that money? Where is your evidence he informs anyone of anything? Where is your evidence that his audience is more informed than any other audience? All you have is "You are wrong, I am right." That is it. That is all you have even put forward.

Where is your proof he doesn't? Looks like he is doing better than all the cable news orgs, is beating the hell out of the Networks, and print news on getting the truth out and he is just 1 man with 40 employees.
I watch daily do you? If not why are you even responding? Why don't you go watch the show? I saw there was a link to it earlier in the thread. But in case you don't here is "the quote".

But I'm not a charitable organization. I spend more on research — you know, this program, I bet I lose money personally on this program because I pay for research. Fox pays for research, but I hire people myself. I spend more on research on my radio show, more than anybody else in the history of broadcast radio — history.

I employ 40 people in New York City. I have the best health insurance for everybody — nobody pays a deductible. It's the best that money can buy. I'm told that the insurance that I pay for my employees is actually — I'm the only one in New York still buying it because it's too expensive.
But I believe in treating people right. My choice.

Link

As for how do I know... I'm taking his word for it, it is a little thing I like to call trust. Until he gives me a reason to doubt him I will believe every little thing that he says, if that means that people say I am stupid or uninformed so be it. That is an untruth, that is why I am a member of ATS, I want to discuss information, read, and learn something I am not interested in what a bunch of anonymous avatars think of me. Until I can get something other than stupid sh!t like this (you know, baseless attacks, blind stupidity and nothing of substance) I'll make up my OWN mind on who to view and agree with. If you don't like it tough. This argument is over for me. You just aren't worth my time. Oh, and your starting to come off as hysterical might want to check that.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Since Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck (his formal title now, i take it) has his own University, I am wondering if any of his "research" is funded by Federal Grants.

I know it is funded partly by Goldline(tm), just wondering if taxpayers foot the bill for any of his Universities activities.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Glenn does not say that he spends more than any other media outlet, he says that he spends more than anyone else in "Talk Radio".

Because most of the successful radio personalities are smart enough to have incorporated; there is no public information on how much anyone spends on research.

Notwithstanding the above, we can use elementary deduction to arrive at some sort of numbers. Beck has mentioned names of his research staff on the air many times. Basic comparison of RADIO hosts who sometimes mention names or numbers of staff, or have names on their websites, would, in my opinion, lead anyone to believe his assertion is not much of a stretch.

We should also point out that the sample size and questioning methodology of the Pew survey are suspect (statistically) at best.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You lost me at "Civil rights leader" when referring to Glenn Beck. Give me a break!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join