It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Curiousisall

thats just my point in replying to the comments, I havent researched the intellect of the people who watch Fox as opposed to MSNBC or any of the others

I also wouldnt make the assumption OR the statement that anyone who views anything other than FOX or Beck is stupid, that would be a foolish statement to make, any person with any sense can see that.....

The only reason someone WOULD say that, is to incite people..........isnt that right Esoteric

If you have not done any research then I hardly see how you can begin to refute mine. Oh right, by taking another poll out of context and misinterpreting it? Sorry if I brought some information to your emotionaly charged claims. I never called anyone stupid but not knowing the difference between stupidity and ignorance is well..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

ok.........sooo.......lol how do ANY of those links contribute to your assertion that people who watch Glenn Beck are stupid?

the average of all american IQ's is in the 90s.

legally retarded is an IQ of 75 and below. genius is an IQ of 140 and above. which is 98 closer to? genius or legally retarded? here is a visual aid, where l = the middle inbetween legally retarded and genius, and each dot = 1 IQ point:

75......................98..........l...............................140

legally retarded is an IQ of 75. i wouldn't say the majority of the FOX "News" networks targetted audience is in towards the genius range considering the national average IQ is closer to retarded than genius.

those are just the statistics. don't be angry with the messenger.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: edit because i'm retarded

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish
reply to post by rbnhd76

Then why doesn't he use his chalk board to drawl out how our monetary system works? Why'd he play the straw man argument for the FEMA camps? I'm not saying there are built and manned FEMA camps, but there are some serious documents that should be addressed. Why does he continuously downplay and ridicule Ron Paul?

Why does he call himself a rodeo clown?

you just explained it more or less and anyone who knows what the rodeo clowns do and are should be grateful.

This is all a strategy in my book. Beck is there to play to the religious right. To steer em away from our real problems towards a left leaning leadership. It's the left versus right game again.

the last part is correct except for the right /left game.

edit on 13-9-2010 by fooks because: for clarity

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

how am i taking the poll out of context? Everyone knows that the Pew research center is extremely biased #1

And #2 There was nothing out of context, I took information from the SAME polling information off the website, its all in the SAME article.....

So if you can claim that Fox news viewers are less intelligent than the people who watch The Daily Show, by the information from the site that you linked........

Then I can say that Black people are less intelligent, and women are less intelligent........its RIGHT THERE in the research you stated......

How come you can leap to make judgements based on that information, but when I DO its wrong? Im just using the same methodology and resources you are......

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

how am i taking the poll out of context? Everyone knows that the Pew research center is extremely biased #1

And #2 There was nothing out of context, I took information from the SAME polling information off the website, its all in the SAME article.....

You tried to say it said something about stupidity levels. Either you took it out of context or posted the wrong link. There was nothing about stupidity there at all. I would be greatly interested in this bias you claim but I think you are just trying to take this thread as far off topic as you can.

So if you can claim that Fox news viewers are less intelligent than the people who watch The Daily Show, by the information from the site that you linked........

Then I can say that Black people are less intelligent, and women are less intelligent........its RIGHT THERE in the research you stated......

How come you can leap to make judgements based on that information, but when I DO its wrong? Im just using the same methodology and resources you are......

You did not pay any attention to anything you read or did not understand it. I will let you decide which. Nothing I posted or said addresses intellegence at all.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

"I have spent more money on research, more than anybody else in the history of broadcast radio"

- Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck

Is this true? Can anyone provide any supportive evidence for this?

might wanna read this article
as Rupert Murdoch is Beck's boss
is he not ???

Rupert Murdoch

edit on 13-9-2010 by boondock-saint because: trying to fix url

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Thought you might find this interesting.

SURVEY: Daily Show/Colbert Viewers Most Knowledgable, Fox News Viewers Rank Lowest

The researchers stated, “The extent of Americans’ misperceptions vary significantly depending on their source of news. Those who receive most of their news from Fox News are more likely than average to have misperceptions.” Fox News viewers were “three times more likely than the next nearest network to hold all three misperceptions.”

That is an old survey from 2007, thought I would help you out with a more up to date survey from Pew.
people-press.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/591fae09564a.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f027d4a6ca9d.png[/atsimg]

Looks like Daily Show and the Colbert Report viewers are slipping.

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: To add more

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123

Looks like Daily Show and the Colbert Report viewers are slipping.

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: To add more

Yet they are still higher than Fox News.

You do realize that neither of those two shows is supposed to be a source of information but Fox News is, right? Yet they are still fairing better in getting real information to people than the Fox News is. Thank you for posting that.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Sorry thought we were discussing Beck in this thread......
Not a problem...

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Gosh you are right. Look at that, Glenn Beck just barely manages to put out more real information than two comedy shows. I guess you win.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

thanks boondock. interesting article. as for the quote from Beck, it is what he said on his FOX program earlier today. i backed the tape up a few times to make sure i got it right.

Glenn Beck said he (referring to himself personally) has spent more money on research for broadcast radio than anyone in history of broadcast radio. i did find that statement difficult to believe. does Glenn Beck put every show he does somewhere on the internet like The Daily Show from Comedy Central does?

I've googled, i've looked around on his website and fox's, but i can't find where his shows are.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

thanks for posting those stats. appreciate it.

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by ljtg123

I guess you win.

Yeah I do...

Anyway back on topic....

Is Glenn Beck a civil rights leader? I thought he billed himself as opinion/entertainment.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Your welcome...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123

reply to post by ljtg123

I guess you win.

Yeah I do...

Anyway back on topic....

Is Glenn Beck a civil rights leader? I thought he billed himself as opinion/entertainment.

So then I have to ask if you believe this claim that he spends more than anyone else on research to only be one slot higher on the list than two shows from Comedy Central?

If he spends all that money, why is he not on the top of the list?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

So then I have to ask if you believe this claim that he spends more than anyone else on research to only be one slot higher on the list than two shows from Comedy Central?

If he spends all that money, why is he not on the top of the list?

I am confused what the Pew graph is proving in your argument, I supplied an updated version THAT HAD BECK ON IT of a survey you threw up to make another user look bad. It failed miserably, I have no idea how much Glenn Beck spends on research, but if we are using this survey as having a say in anyway whatsoever, he would have had to spent more than USA Today, Fox News, MSNBC, or CNN.

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: Accidently hit the button...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Cha Ching.

Hey, just wondering.

Is the OP going to try and dispute the contention that Beck DOES NOT spend more on research as he stated?

Or just another hit piece with no meat to the matter?

edit on 14-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I find the idea of Glenn Beck being a "Civil Rights Leader" to be disgusting and a mockery of civil rights in general.

There just is no defending this man.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

Then why doesn't he use his chalk board to drawl out how our monetary system works? Why'd he play the straw man argument for the FEMA camps? I'm not saying there are built and manned FEMA camps, but there are some serious documents that should be addressed. Why does he continuously downplay and ridicule Ron Paul?

Exactly....

And why does he hate the 9/11 victims' families and act like the government had nothing to do with the attacks?

The only truth Beck ever covers is the kind that paints the Obama administration (or Democrats in general) in a negative light. Not that that's a hard thing to do, given the amount of material Obama has given him to work with, but that's all Beck is about. Fox News is in the business of slamming the Democrats, period. The Democrats have people of that ilk working in the media to discredit the Republicans, too. This is what this two-party political system has become . . . a circus sideshow.

I am disturbed by the number of people who seem to latch on to these t.v. and radio personalities and put them on some kind of pedestal like they're leaders of a movement. Is it really so hard to understand why that isn't wise? These t.v. and radio commentators are paid to keep the ratings up. They'll do whatever it takes to accomplish that. Under those circumstances, you cannot depend on them for information that's unbiased, completely truthful, or without some fabrication. Fox News is an absolute farce, so jumping on the bandwagon with any of their people is nothing short of lunacy.

What I find funny is that when a Beck fan encounters someone who doesn't like him, it seems the first thing they say is something like, "If you would just listen to him....really listen to him ....you'd see he's speaking the truth." My question is, why do they assume that person hasn't already done that? I think the one's who need to "really listen to him" are the Beck fans themselves because they are being hoodwinked.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Is the OP going to try and dispute the contention that Beck DOES NOT spend more on research as he stated?

Or just another hit piece with no meat to the matter?

the OP really doesn't know, yet. Honestly, i posted this thread within minutes of hearing Glenn Beck say that himself. those were his words, and his quote from his lips. so .... if there is no meat to be had on this plate, Glenn Beck was the chef, i'm just the waiter. would you like fries with that, sir?

et

edit on 14-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: because i changed something

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join