It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

i suppose your right. im not a regular viewer nor did i see the portion on the fed in its entirety.

but i wouldnt expect him to delve into the real issue's.he showed us his true colors when he covered 911/fema camps/etc....

hes trying to hijack the whole "waking up" movement. so that people "wake up" to the wrong thing, and once they hold a position on it they will defend it to the death against all, ludicrous, outrageous, whacked out "conspiracy theories".

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I replying to a post from Larrylove earlier in the thread, and your reason for replying to me is what?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Does one have to be black to be a civil rights leader? I disagree with the Jessie and Al show, both are scum sucking leeches as far as I'm concerned, and yet they hold that title to quite a few people. Maybe it's just racism, we're not allowed to have a white civil rights leader.........just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxlynx

No, it's a valid thread, since so many bow down to an entertainer, it is important to point out his foolishness.

Perhaps he really does spend money on research after he looked like such a fool on The View (it must be so humiliating to get owned by Walters and crew
)

edit on 13-9-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: Fixed the silly icon

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

I dunno, I was on a roll.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You've engaged quite a bit in Beck threads and wondered if you or anyone else can give me an idea of his shows demographics.

his target audience is disgruntled americans in my honest opinion. most of the advice he panders he does not really demonstrate through his own actions and behaviors. i agree with a small amount of his rhetoric, but i do not like his approach. i disagree with his ideologies and premises for some of them. i have been watching him for three years, now at least twice a week. i don't like how he makes stuff about him. i do not like how him and his platform utilizes neuro linguistics and psyops tactics to manipulate his audiences' interpretations. i also do not like how he makes stuff up, and ... well, he lies. of course he has convinced himself it is for the greater good, but he is still too much of a variable in his own opinion maker to know what the greater good truly is. this are some of my opinions on Glenn Beck.

i equate Glenn Beck as being somewhere inbetween a dog chasing his own tail, and a monkey throwing poo at his own audience. I'm not saying he is not capable of saying something intelligent now and again, or bringing a few truisms to the public eye. but overall i just do not like his approach and his covert mediums he utilizes.

Alternatively, has anyone come across good demographics for Fox in general?

by demographics, do you mean their target audience and who they are aiming for?

I was only recently introduced to this character Beck via The Daily Show. We have some pretty whacked tv characters in the UK, but Beck is off the scale.

thank you for your outside perspective. I really like the Daily Show's Team, writers and all, to include Jon Stewart. they do a good job at what it is they do.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: fix quote, typing too fast i missed this symbol: / . and the mistake cost me 106 more symbols to type in this damn little edit box.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
I can't for the life of me understand how some of our "enlightened" members, on the best forum for denying ignorance, can hate glenn beck. He digs into stuff that would spin most of your heads, while the rest would just scream how much " i hate that beck fellow, he cries fake tears." instead of trying to understand what he is saying. If you would get off your perch and listen to him, not once or twice, but a couple of weeks, you would understand that he is really sincere in his beliefs. Is he right all the time? NO, but is anybody? Do I always agree with what he says? NO, but he's closer than some our other "investigative journalist's" That one always cracks me up. Who you gonna throw back at me? Rachel Maddow?

As far as him being a civil rights leader? I would trust him a smell of a lot further than all these other self-proclaimed civil rights leaders. Sharpton?
riiiight. Why doesn't any of the conservative black candidates around the country have the support of the NAACP? Because, just like the tea party, they, for the most part, believe in smaller, more efficient government. While the NAACP is dependant on the government.

edit on 13-9-2010 by rbnhd76 because: to add a bit more

The first voice of sanity and clear thought in this thread. I'd love for some of the Beck haters to prove, actually PROVE he is a liar as has been claimed by so many here. This guy puts his money where his mouth is and only wants the best for this country and the constitution on which this country is based on. Every one I hear hating on him has never once provided proof that he is any less than he claims to be.

If you cant follow something as simple as a chalk board diagram that connects the dots I suggest you go back to preschool and start doing connect the dots by numbers.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

You've engaged quite a bit in Beck threads and wondered if you or anyone else can give me an idea of his shows demographics. Alternatively, has anyone come across good demographics for Fox in general?

I was only recently introduced to this character Beck via The Daily Show. We have some pretty whacked tv characters in the UK, but Beck is off the scale.

Larry- just an FYI- you're not going to get a fair or unbiased view of anyone even slightly conservative from "The Daily Show"..............

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

ya, ratings.

so do you think there are more people in america with an IQs greater than 120 or are there more people in america with IQs less than 120?

if more people are watching stupid, it is just a reflection of how much stupid turns in to watch stupid.

or i could just be stupid and wrong,
et

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Dont you think its awfully presumptuous of you to assume that the majority of people who tune into Beck have a low IQ score?

I could say the same for people who think that the Daily Show, or Colbert Report serves as actual news, with any investigation period, other than what has already been reported on by other news agencies.

Whatever he has spent on investigating, i would put my money on it that its more then these two clowns have invested in proper investigation of news...in turn, I guess I would have basis to say people who take them seriously have low IQ?

Just trying to sort all that out

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Dont you think its awfully presumptuous of you to assume that the majority of people who tune into Beck have a low IQ score?

no.

I could say the same for people who think that the Daily Show, or Colbert Report serves as actual news, with any investigation period, other than what has already been reported on by other news agencies.

you most certainly could.

Whatever he has spent on investigating, i would put my money on it that its more then these two clowns have invested in proper investigation of news...in turn, I guess I would have basis to say people who take them seriously have low IQ?

I'm not sure if i would be able to find the facts to dispute such a claim.

Just trying to sort all that out

me too. according to most studies the average of all americans' IQ's is less than 100.

i watch Glenn Beck. i can feel my iq falling while i do.

or maybe it's just my imagination.

-et

edit on 13-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Civil Rights Leader? What a joke.

Careful, the delusions of grandeur for GB have set in and his ego is bound to consume and assimilate mindless idiots to his cause.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

ok.........sooo.......lol how do ANY of those links contribute to your assertion that people who watch Glenn Beck are stupid?

The only thing on those pages is an IQ comparison with other countries?

I have to say your statements were inflammatory at best, with nothing to back up your claims.....

Ad homonim attacks on the viewers of the Glenn Beck program...

Thats very poor taste my friend

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Thought you might find this interesting.

SURVEY: Daily Show/Colbert Viewers Most Knowledgable, Fox News Viewers Rank Lowest

The researchers stated, “The extent of Americans’ misperceptions vary significantly depending on their source of news. Those who receive most of their news from Fox News are more likely than average to have misperceptions.” Fox News viewers were “three times more likely than the next nearest network to hold all three misperceptions.”

edit on 13-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: add snippet

edit on 13-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

While it is interesting, the problem with that site is that its an obviously EXTREMELY biased site.......

Just looking at the ticker on the side of it had all kinds of neat little key phrases like "paranoid Palin"
and "Extreme right wing islamophobes"

With that sort of rhetoric its hard to call that site even CLOSE to accurate

From the sites own source, I could also say from the findings that apparently Blacks are less knowledgeable than Whites, and Women are more stupid then Men.....right?

I mean its right there on his site...

Source of graph information

edit on 13-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: for more sources

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thanks very much for your opinion. I am sure you would not have an opinion on the intelligence and education levels of Fox and Comedy Central viewers if you did not have some facts on which to form them. I look forward to seeing what research you have done. Thanks in advance.

BTW, the source is the Pew Research Center, not any website. I just linked to a website that had an article about the PEW study. Maybe if you read it again, that would be more clear.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: clarity

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

thats just my point in replying to the comments, I havent researched the intellect of the people who watch Fox as opposed to MSNBC or any of the others

I also wouldnt make the assumption OR the statement that anyone who views anything other than FOX or Beck is stupid, that would be a foolish statement to make, any person with any sense can see that.....

The only reason someone WOULD say that, is to incite people..........isnt that right Esoteric

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I grabbed the link directly off their website, and included it in my post.......its pretty clear

2nd line

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I grabbed the link directly off their website, and included it in my post.......its pretty clear

2nd line

It must not be that clear because you did not read it correctly at all.
You said.

From the sites own source, I could also say from the findings that apparently Blacks are less knowledgeable than Whites, and Women are more stupid then Men.....right?

I mean its right there on his site...

Source of graph information

Yes, you can say blacks have less knowledge than whites. That is what the study shows. Please look into it. If you do not think there may be a correlation between knowledge level and a history of institutional educational disadvantage then you have much to learn. I see nothing that addresses the stupidity level of anyone in anything you linked to.

I guess since there are no facts to back up your opinion, you are going to try and skew the image of the source of mine. Interesting.

edit on 13-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: fix tags

edit on 13-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join