It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Take it easy....

and go with God....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tspark
reply to post by Curiousisall

his claim doesn't try to call into question your honor, yours claim does Impugn his

What does honor have to do with anything? Please explain to me what your line of thinking here is. I do not understand at all. He made a claim. Why should anyone just believe him?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If you can disprove his claim...you need to show the evidence...if not why question it? because you have a feeling he is Lying?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If you can disprove his claim...you need to show the evidence...if not why question it? because you have a feeling he is Lying?

I question everything. Don't you? Do you really just believe anything some guy on television or radio tells you?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

No i sure don't...but if i don't have anything to back up my feeling then all i have is a feeling..right?

Do you always go on your feeling(not saying that is a bad thing)...but generally if i have a Baaad feeling about something i try to find proof that my feeling is vindicated....doesn't that make sense?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Your welcome and I did not bother to look that far into it. I see no one is bothering to look into how much Beck actually spends on research so I gave up there.

I am looking and I can't find it where he spends a dime.

It seems to me the person making the claim in the first place should back it up with proof.

Why should anyone respond to what is at best an inaccuracy or at worst a lie?

Sort of a waste of everyone's time, I think.
But that is Glenn Beck summarized in a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No i sure don't...but if i don't have anything to back up my feeling then all i have is a feeling..right?

Do you always go on your feeling(not saying that is a bad thing)...but generally if i have a Baaad feeling about something i try to find proof that my feeling is vindicated....doesn't that make sense?

Your response to me is most curious. It seems we are shifting farther and farther from the original point which is Glenn Beck making a crazy claim. I just do not understand why anyone on ATS of all places would just simple accept that because he said so.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

no the topic is still the same ...Trust... if you don't trust a claim... i would like to see evidence that counters the claim... else we working on baseless assumptions... if you believe his claim is false you should be able to back up the belief with facts that show it as false...i don't know any other way to put it....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

So you don't think Glenn Beck or his minions should give us a "for example?"

No, he does not have to explain to anyone how he spends HIS money or runs HIS business.

Who pays for research?

He specifically said that He pays for the research on his radio show, it is a business expense. He also stated that FOX provides researches but he ALSO has his own team.

What sort of information are you looking for that you have to buy?

He never said he had to buy information, but he has to pay a staff....

Is this because he is too lazy to crack a book or search the stories himself and so pays an assistant?

I don't think anyone on top is lazy, In my opinion anyone who makes it has probably worked their butt off to get there. He runs a successful business, has a very large following, and make a lot of money. Are you saying he shouldn't have an assistant? That he shouldn't have employees? What exactly do you think it would be OK for him to spend HIS money on?

This is a little like Leona Helmsley bragging she spends more on "cleaning services" than anyone else in NY.

And your point is?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

I am looking and I can't find it where he spends a dime.

So you are calling him a liar without any proof to the contrary? It didn't turn up on a google search so that make him a liar? I wonder how many multi-million dollar businesses keep detailed pay records on the net? Hurry Google it... I'll check back later. Where would you look for that little tidbit of info? I am unaware of any reason he would have to give an answer. But since you are "researching" this "issue" did you try sending an email of to the Beck people? They probably won't answer you, because frankly it is none of your business the amount of money he spends on anything.

It seems to me the person making the claim in the first place should back it up with proof.

Maybe he will as soon as he sees the ATS folks are looking for those answers.... Perhaps he could spend millions to have people watch what the media is saying negative about him.
I doubt it though, he is a private citizen using his own money. Maybe we should be a little more worried about tax dollars being spent to monitor bad press of Obama....

The federal government hired a New Orleans man for $18,000 to appraise whether news stories about the government's actions in the Gulf oil spill were positive or negative for the Obama administration, which was keenly sensitive to comparisons between its response and former President George W. Bush's much-maligned reaction to Hurricane Katrina.

www.foxnews.com...
www.nola.com...

Why should anyone respond to what is at best an inaccuracy or at worst a lie?

Since you feel that way can I ask why you have spent so much time in this thread?

Sort of a waste of everyone's time, I think.
But that is Glenn Beck summarized in a nutshell.

Like I said it's your time waste it how you want to....

edit on 15-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: To add more

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Questions asked by Pew

Asked a series of four questions to test their knowledge about politics and current events, just 14% of the public got all four correct – as many got all four wrong (15%). Two-in-ten got three correct, 26% two and 25% one. Regular readers, viewers or listeners of most media sources outscored the general public.

People were asked which party currently controls the House of Representatives (Democrats), to identify the post held by Eric Holder (U.S. attorney general), which company is run by Steve Jobs (Apple) and which country has an active volcano that disrupted international air travel earlier this year (Iceland).

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
start at 5:00. Glenn Beck says he does not check facts and he is not a reporter, and he is not an investigative reporter, on the view.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Thanks, I would of gotten all of them correct, wonder why they did not call me?

Of course if you asked the ATS community that participate in the political section, I think you would get better answers to political questions then if you polled the MSM, politicians or many other pundits.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thus the research Budget?

I think he was being funny on the radio clip... just My Opinion

he would have to be GREAT to flip facts off the top of his head the he way does ...if he didn't look into some of the topics he wouldn't be able to keep a straight conversation about the topics...

edit on 15-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

He only answered the question about being a reporter. Mrs Walters attempted to ask him again but Whoopie steamrolled over her...
So no he did not say he never checked facts..

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I would have also, I wonder how they go about selecting who to poll?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

had to watch again for the laughs...ltjg123 is correct he never says he didn't check facts....

edit on 15-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tspark

You are honestly trying to get me to try to prove the negative postition? This has gotten all kinds of twisted around no matter how hard I hang on here. Glenn Beck made the claim. He needs to prove it. Or maybe you can tell me why I should just blindly believe something someone on the radio said?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
he does say he does not consider himself an investigative reporter, my emphasise on investigative.

investigating and research in my mind can be similiar. researchers are investigators, imo.

you guys are right, with people talking over one another, was i hearing his response to barbara's question or whoopy's?

my open ended inquiry is how can someone spend more money on broadcast radio than anyone, and not consider themselves to be involved in investigating the subject matter?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join