It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
Go, Glenn. Until somebody proves him wrong, I'm fine with it. I've watched his show and he makes a better case for his beliefs than anybody in TV or radio that I know of.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d1f55bcfd2c.jpg[/atsimg]

I think I see what your problem is.

Bolding by me. Fox Mulder made a pretty case for the things he believed too. There are many convincing people on TV. Unfortunately Beck is no more reliable than anyone else on television and I have never seen anyone prove anything any different.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

In all honesty, I think the only thing Beck cares about is his ego and pay check. I think hijacking Martin Luther King's speech day (albeit five flights down from where Martin Luther King gave the original speech) and proclaiming himself as a self-styled leader for ordinary people is enough for him to be resigned to the kook bin.

This guy doesn't care about anyone except himself and the Fox tv narrative. Beck is disingenuous and judging by the way he screams at people, slightly mental. Thinking about it, a chalk board prop is about right for the childish show he puts on.

He looks like a perfect candidate for the Jeremy Kyle show - think UK version of Jerry Springer.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by Crimelab

Please tell me this fool Beck hasn't got a university?

i'm still reading and catching up. but, yes .. Glenn Beck has his own university

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tspark

your assumptions are baseless....and it shows where you fit into the scale..

what grade level does Glenn Beck Speak at during his shows?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Good one!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It is unreal. A degree in chalk board drawings!

I just don't understand why people can't see beyond this guy's false facade and take him seriously.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What civil rights? He represents a minority of folks who are upset that someone they don't like is in office...aka a bunch of bitter white folks.

Also, he has been very inaccurate with history of broadcasting in general many times. And why spend money to do research? Oh yeah, saying that makes you sound more "credible."

F Glenn Beck.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm flattered that you think I'm a political pundit.

If Glenn Beck and his ilk can preach how much they hate liberals, then I can preach how much I hate Glenn Beck and his ilk.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ratings for Two and a Half Men, Dancing with the Stars > ratings for Mad Men, Breaking Bad.

Must be some sort of nugget of wisdom buried in that factoid?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh man, the title of this thread was pure genius.

It almost made me throw up a little.

I'm glad you were "trolling" for that reaction.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Could I get a list of the questions asked and the "supposed" correct answers?

Thanks, or were they not included in the "supposed" polling data.

Tell me, what is the correct answer to?

What is the current national debt?

See, this question has many correct answers.

One, current outstanding treasuries- appx $14 Trillion

Two, current outstanding unfunded liabilities- $130 Trillion

So forgive me if I think using a poll has nothing to do with anything.

As for the proof that people getting a poll questions correct, I could have 100 people listening to me give instructions, there would be quite a few that got things wrong.

Now, what EXACTLY does THIS poll have to do with money spent on research?

And what does that HAVE to do with what Beck talks about?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Civil Rights Leader? More like War Mongering Idiot. I found this video of him smoking a cigarette as if to prove theres nothing wrong with smoking. (He lights up at 1:25)

That's the ticket Glenn, keep lighting up, maybe you'll rid the world of yourself sooner.

edit on 14-9-2010 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I'm with ya....

and we would also, if i might add, like to know when innocence needs to be proven...instead of just the opposite...guilt is proven..

Innocent until proven guilty....

those that claim he is being false about his claim on how much he spends...needs to prove he is lying... otherwise

put up or shut up...oh sorry did i say that out loud?

their need to proffer baseless accusations is protected under the "Freedom of Speech"

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tspark
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I'm with ya....

and we would also, if i might add, like to know when innocence needs to be proven...instead of just the opposite...guilt is proven..

Innocent until proven guilty....

those that claim he is being false about his claim on how much he spends...needs to prove he is lying... otherwise

put up or shut up...oh sorry did i say that out loud?

their need to proffer baseless accusations is protected under the "Freedom of Speech"

Amazing logic. He does not need to prove his claim, people need to prove it is false? Really? Explain that concept to us, wont you? What is this innocence or guilt? It is about a claim made. He who makes the claim holds the burden of proof.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

What is the current national debt?

i'm not sure if this question is relevent to me. i'm not being condescending here. just literal.

what do i care what the national debt is? do i live in a society where i am permitted to pay my part of that off before i die?

if there is nothing i can do to fix my part of it, it isn't really relevent to me, is it?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Only 4 flags? It deserves them for the catchy headline alone!!

When I first saw it on the sidebar yesterday I thought it was some new jackarse coming to bring us the good word.

He's such a chump and a plagerist. Man I could go on for half a day verbally ranting about how thick his hardcore black propaganda BS is, if only I had the time. Even Rush doesn't pretend to be something he's not, as he's quite open about being a staunch binary left/right zealot.

The funny thing is I actually agree with a great majority of the things they talk about on the GB show.

Now if that doesn't speak entire bookshelves I don't know what does.

edit on 15-9-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

i thought i would apply some of FOX's own tactics.

i seem to remember FOX news pundants and commentary repeatedly refering to President Obama as "The Annointed One" for months at a time, every day, almost every show.

so, i applied their tactics to choose that title. Glenn Beck does market himself as a Civli Rights Leader, in my opinion. So, i just put those words together to see how others might feel about it. from the stars that people got who did not like it, i'm guessing there are those who do not agree with the concept of Glenn Beck being a Civil Rights Leader.

just thought i would throw that out there and get some feedback on it. But the premise of the thread was really the claim that Glenn Beck made concerning his statement on his show where he said he had personally spent more money than any other person in the history of broadcast radio on research. that was an insult to everyone in broadcast radio who spent more than him on research if it was not true. i posted this thread minutes after hearing him say that. cuz i wasn't really if it was true. and i'm still not. he said more than that, i have it recorded. he spent a few minutes talking about how he spends his money, soooo much of it on research. he even talks about how his financial advisors told him he was crazy for spending so much of his money on research. it was just another segment on the Glenn Beck show about Glenn Beck and the sacrifices he makes for everyone else....

thanks for sharing,
-et

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The only thing Beck should be sacrificing is himself. The reason why Beck winds me up so much is his inability to be a decent human being. Money and ego is what matters to him most, not the ordinary person.

I have spent quite a bit of time around ordinary American people and they are all light years beyond Beck - both in intelligence and integrity and they don't need some free loading tv personality to tell them what needs to be done. In essence, it is all about power to the people, but Beck and Fox only want power for themselves while giving the illusion that they have the ordinary persons best interests at heart.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Glenn Beck, seriously, Glenn Beck, no seriously, Glenn Beck
The same Glenn Beck that can't put a single sentance together
without using a "Black" Board.

There must another Glenn Beck, either that or I've just slipped into
another Interdimensional worm hole again.

Yeah, that's it. I'm in another Parallel Universe, that is the only
Logical explanation.
l

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
If a hate filled, venom spewing, war mongering fear broker is what passes for a "Civil Rights Leader" then it's time to redefine the term "civil rights."

We truly have no heroes left anymore.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join