It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I was NOT replying to you, I was just asking about what the poll questions were that everyone had been discussing.

Like I used as an example.

Some questions have more than one correct answer, but whatever.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

no problems with this saltheart. i was not putting your post down, the contribution was justified, i even starred it.

i was just suggesting that it is the powers that be that are creating this debt as a deterant from us knowing the truth. it creates a sense of guilt. when in actuality i think there is no way i will ever be able to pay off my own portion of this debt. look how much we pay in taxes already, yet my personal responsibility and obligation to pay off this debt is in the tens of thousands of dollars, and steadily climbing.

the only point i was trying to make with that post was that we (the average you and me) don't really have the means to pay off our own portion of this debt. in my opinion it is likely that future generations will have even a higher individual portion of the national debt if we keep going the way we are going, economically that is.

i'm not sure if i have a solution, and i most certainly am not sure the government entities or united nations have a viable solution, either.

are we in a position to be able to pay off our individual part of our national debt? or would i get arrested for sending money to China in order to do this?

those were just some of my thoughts. I am sorry that post does come off as a little abbrasive, but i was just in a bad mood thinking about how i owe so much my self for the national debt, yet i still feel guilty when the donation baskets are passed around in church if i don't make a contribution.

peace,
et

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Actually, Beck has probably spent a lot of money on chalk. More than everyone else in the business, so I guess he's right.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Hey, you will just go ape.... when looking at this-www.usdebtclock.org...

Your share of the national debt, if you are a taxpayer- $121,000

Now, if you add in your state's debt- New York example-$16,337

Now, if you include your share of the unfunded liabilities, that one will make your head spin-

130 trillion/# of taxpayers-Per taxpayer-$1,123,571

Adding all of them together, you get-$1,260,908

Come on, cough it up!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Your share of the national debt, if you are a taxpayer- $121,000

Adding all of them together, you get-$1,260,908

Come on, cough it up!

see? that is what i am talking about. i am now 38 years old and collecting close to 100% disability from the tax payers for my medical retirement from the usaf.

i get 33,000 in pention/retirement annually. and it is difficult to find work these days. i usually get "you are too qualified for any positions we have right now". when what they really mean is: "you've spent more than 3 years in warzones, and we are afraid to hire you".

how am i suppose to live and pay off my fair share of this debt? i dunno.

edit to add: (oh yes, i hate to say it) i first learned about the unfunded liabilites part of the debt from .... i really hate to say this.... Glenn Beck on FOX news.. but you didn't hear that from me, ok?

now i feel dirty inside.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tspark
So i take that as a no? to all 3?

You need to truly watch Glenn... he will inform you about such things and more....

your issues are in trusting....

Why would he have to lie about that.... to wow his audience? trust me he doesn't have to boast for the audience...

if you have issues with trusting what he has to say.... perhaps you need to take his 40days and 40 nights challenge...

until he is proven as not spending as much as he claims...then i will take him at his word....

you keep alluding to that you don't believe him...but even you admit you don't have any proof of what he is or isn't spending ...you don't find "issues" with your own line of thinking?

Your of the mind it's cool to bash someone without any proof?And then turn it on the defenders of said person to prove you wrong....again you don't find issues with this line of thinking...
I feel sad for you, really i do...

I guess you are just going to "take it" however you see it as relevant. I am still not sure how tossing a random bunch of words at me proves that Glenn spends anything. Why would you take Glenn Beck at his word? Because he is on television? Because he is on radio? I have only seem him be so/so at best when it comes to accuracy so I have no choice but to question this claim. No, I do not just belive him. If Glenn Beck truly spends more than anyone else in broadcasting on research then he must have some solid numbers he is looking at to make that assessment. I just think it is only fitting that he share those numbers along with his braggadocious claim.

When did I ever bash anyone? When did I bash Beck? I doubt his claim. I have a completely different level of feelings I will reserve for people that blindly follow anyone. It is not about me asking anyone to prove me wrong. Beck made a claim that he failed to back up. I have no clue why anyone would just take him at his word. Can you please explain to me why you would blindly trust anyone on television or the radio?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Yes but I still do not see how that validates Beck's claim that he spends more than anyone else on research. Maybe I am missing something?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tspark

those that claim he is being false about his claim on how much he spends...needs to prove he is lying... otherwise

So you don't think Glenn Beck or his minions should give us a "for example?"

Who pays for research?
What sort of information are you looking for that you have to buy?

Is this because he is too lazy to crack a book or search the stories himself and so pays an assistant?

This is a little like Leona Helmsley bragging she spends more on "cleaning services" than anyone else in NY.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Curiousisall

Could I get a list of the questions asked and the "supposed" correct answers?

Am I supposed to take this line by line? Is that why your response is posted in such a way? I am not sure where you can get a list of supposed correct answers. Maybe the whole poll is made up.

Thanks, or were they not included in the "supposed" polling data.

Your welcome and I did not bother to look that far into it. I see no one is bothering to look into how much Beck actually spends on research so I gave up there.

Tell me, what is the correct answer to?

To? The ? indicates the end of a question.

What is the current national debt?

Considering the fact that my answer is going to be wrong one minute after I post it, that seems like an odd question to ask. I am not sure how it proves Beck's spending on research either. I can google a current number for you if you like.

See, this question has many correct answers.

Oh, I get it. Is this one of the questions that was asked in the survey or are we just making up whatever we want now?

One, current outstanding treasuries- appx $14 Trillion

No response.

Two, current outstanding unfunded liabilities- $130 Trillion

No response.

So forgive me if I think using a poll has nothing to do with anything.

You are forgiven. You are right. We should be critical of this poll. We should take it apart and examine it. We should look at all angles and really examine all the data available. Beck claiming he spends more than anyone else on research shoud just be taken for granted though?

As for the proof that people getting a poll questions correct, I could have 100 people listening to me give instructions, there would be quite a few that got things wrong.

Yes and that would still not prove Beck's claim would it?

Now, what EXACTLY does THIS poll have to do with money spent on research?

So far it is the only thing of any substance anyone has been able to produce to show what the fruits of his labor and crazy spending are. If anyone has anything more substantial then it would be really nice to see.

And what does that HAVE to do with what Beck talks about?

Well, he made a claim with no evidence to back it up whatsoever and the only evidence we have come across would indicate that either what he is saying is not true or his audience is not able to benefit from his spending. I have said all along that if anyone has anything that can show his claim to be anything more than more television theatrics, please bring it. Instead all anyone has done is blindly defend Beck with nothing.

Sorry if I refuse to just believe anyone because they say so.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

so he's guilty of lying about his research budget until proven innocent.....thats fair, and american....at least it seems the america of today...

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

so he's guilty of lying about his research budget until proven innocent.....thats fair, and american....at least it seems the america of today...

I am not sure if you are serious or not at this point.What does being American have to do with backing up your own claim? I do not blindly believe anything anyone says in any country. Is there some new American law that says that if you make a claim it is true until proven wrong? I have super powers. I guess it is un American to doubt me?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

If he claimed to have A Positive blood type would he have to provide proof,
If he claimed to have 6 cars, would he have to produce titles and registration

No ..because if you thought it was a false claim then the burden would be upon you to prove him guilty of lying...

Right? it's only decent to provide facts that backup your claim that he is lying....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

so if your accused of murder.(or a LIAR).. would you expect me to prove your murderer or are you:

innocent until proven guilty?

edit on 15-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

so if your accused of murder.(or a LIAR).. would you expect me to prove your murderer or are you:

innocent until proven guilty?

edit on 15-9-2010 by tspark because: (no reason given)

Do you see a judge anywhere? I did not realize we were in court. You are not making much sense. If you claim I comitted murder, then it would be up to you to prove your claim. Yes, innocent until proven guilty, that is how it works in court. How are you equating these things with each other? No one is on trial. No one is accusing Beck of anything they need to prove. He made a claim. That claim is his to prove. Why should it just be believed? Please show me where it says that in the USA anything you say is true until someone else proves it wrong.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tspark

Tspark, faith means a lot to you. Maybe you should ditch the idea of Beck and focus on what this fool believes:

1. Opposing the distribution of condoms and so increasing large families in poor countries and the spread of AIDS
2. Promoting segregated education
3. Denying abortion to even the most vulnerable women
4. Opposing equal rights for lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender people
5. Failing to address the many cases of abuse of children within its own organisation.
6. Rehabilitating the holocaust denier bishop Richard Williamson and the appeaser of Hitler, the war-time Pope, Pius XII.

Address the wrongs of faith and bring it into the 21st Century. Beck wants your money and to have his ego massaged - nothing more.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

if you don't believe him then are you not calling him a Liar? are you not claiming he is lying?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

if you don't believe him then are you not calling him a Liar? are you not claiming he is lying?

It is intersesting that you would use the word "claim" here.

Why do you just believe Beck when he makes a claim but anything I claim needs to be proven? Beck claims to spend more on research than anyone else. I claim to doubt that.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by tspark

Tspark, faith means a lot to you. Maybe you should ditch the idea of Beck and focus on what this fool believes:

1. Opposing the distribution of condoms and so increasing large families in poor countries and the spread of AIDS

Side one of this statement does not imply side two this is a fallacy of "Confusing Cause and Effect"

2. Promoting segregated education

Are you kidding on this one...the bolding....just in case you don't know is sarcasm...

On his radio show today Glenn Beck continued to urinate all over the meaning and legacy of Martin Luther King, by claiming that King would support a new Arizona education policy that bans courses that are designed for students of a particular ethnic group, and prohibits teachers with a heavy accent from teaching English. Beck said, “This I believe Martin Luther King would be for.”
Beck said, “There is a new racist bill in the state of Arizona. Racist, these people are so racist. Signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Jan Brewer, cheering critics who called such classes in Arizona, ethnic studies classes in the schools there, divisive, they called them divisive and again, the outcry from the Left is that they are targeting Latinos, targeting Latinos. This is HB2281. It bans schools from teaching classes that are designed for students of a particular ethnic group, promote resentment, or advocate ethnic solidarity over treating pupils and individuals.” This I believe Martin Luther King would be for. It’s the content of your character not the color of your skin.”
www.politicususa.com...

3. Denying abortion to even the most vulnerable women

Abortion should be illegal...it is murder...

4. Opposing equal rights for lesbians, gay, bisexual and transgender people

Again you seem to be saying this is Bad?

5. Failing to address the many cases of abuse of children within its own organisation.

perhaps he doesn't air the laundry in public, if it's his duty to reform the organization

6. Rehabilitating the holocaust denier bishop Richard Williamson and the appeaser of Hitler, the war-time Pope, Pius XII.

not sure....couldn't find anything on this...are you saying he believes in "Rehabilitating the holocaust denier bishop Richard Williamson and the appeaser of Hitler"?

Address the wrongs of faith and bring it into the 21st Century. Beck wants your money and to have his ego massaged - nothing more.

actually...most of these things are condemned in the Bible....fornication/adultery....murder....homosexuality...

God says he still hates these things, they are an abomination to him....

I personally would like to fall on his side and not on tolerant mankind....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tspark

Tspark, you are a real 21st Century dude.

I will let you live your life of fire and brimstone and sign off. Good luck and may Beck be with you.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

his claim doesn't try to call into question your honor, yours claim does Impugn his

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join