It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm watching FOX News right now. They have Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck doing his show. I heard him say this, and was wondering if it was true.

"I have spent more money on research, more than anybody else in the history of broadcast radio"

- Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck

Is this true? Can anyone provide any supportive evidence for this?

thanks,
et

edit on 13-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: condense title to fit (paraphrased a quote)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck

Well, apparently he has the entire Edward Bernays library handy.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That was my first reaction..Civil Rights Leader?? Why? because he did a speech on the same location MLK did?

edit on 9-13-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is borderline trolling..

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I could not even read your post, just the headline itself was too much.

Civil Rights Leader?

Glenn BecK?

HA!

Once I can contain my laughter, I will respond properly..

No, nobody can confirm who spend what ammount of money on research. What was he researching? Why would that be expensive considering the VAST ammounts of knowledge contained by just FOX and national libraries etc..

~Keeper

edit on 9/13/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

oh ya. i said it. i thought you guys would get a laugh out of that, at least.

anyone who is familiar with my opinion and posts about Glenn Beck knows i am not a fan of his.

well, he thinks he is a civil rights leader, doesn't he?

stars for everyone who noticed that. did it make you cringe a little bit?

so, what about his claim he has spent more money on research than anybody else in the history of broadcast radio? any takers who want to weigh in on this claim of his?

thanks guys,
et

edit on 13-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: stars

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me understand how some of our "enlightened" members, on the best forum for denying ignorance, can hate glenn beck. He digs into stuff that would spin most of your heads, while the rest would just scream how much " i hate that beck fellow, he cries fake tears." instead of trying to understand what he is saying. If you would get off your perch and listen to him, not once or twice, but a couple of weeks, you would understand that he is really sincere in his beliefs. Is he right all the time? NO, but is anybody? Do I always agree with what he says? NO, but he's closer than some our other "investigative journalist's" That one always cracks me up. Who you gonna throw back at me? Rachel Maddow?

As far as him being a civil rights leader? I would trust him a smell of a lot further than all these other self-proclaimed civil rights leaders. Sharpton?
riiiight. Why doesn't any of the conservative black candidates around the country have the support of the NAACP? Because, just like the tea party, they, for the most part, believe in smaller, more efficient government. While the NAACP is dependant on the government.

edit on 13-9-2010 by rbnhd76 because: to add a bit more

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

I really cannot listen to him or give him any credence. He is about as annoying to me as Rush or Alex Jones or that MILF from Faux News. Name calling, hyperbole, etc... those turn me off immediately as an audience member unless the entire purpose is god natured fun. Those are not tools I respect when talking about serious issues.

I do agree with you about the pics, though..
lol

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
I can't for the life of me understand how some of our "enlightened" members, on the best forum for denying ignorance, can hate glenn beck. He digs into stuff that would spin most of your heads, while the rest would just scream how much " i hate that beck fellow, he cries fake tears." instead of trying to understand what he is saying. If you would get off your perch and listen to him, not once or twice, but a couple of weeks, you would understand that he is really sincere in his beliefs. Is he right all the time? NO, but is anybody? Do I always agree with what he says? NO, but he's closer than some our other "investigative journalist's" That one always cracks me up. Who you gonna throw back at me? Rachel Maddow?

As far as him being a civil rights leader? I would trust him a smell of a lot further than all these other self-proclaimed civil rights leaders. Sharpton?
riiiight. Why doesn't any of the conservative black candidates around the country have the support of the NAACP? Because, just like the tea party, they, for the most part, believe in smaller, more efficient government. While the NAACP is dependant on the government.

edit on 13-9-2010 by rbnhd76 because: to add a bit more

You mean you can follow his chalk board antics? I usually just end up blinking a few times, before changing the channel.

Seriously though, I understand exactly what Glenn is saying and doing. He's diverting attention away from the Fed. That's it really, that's his job in a nutshell. Take pressure off the banker and place it on the left leaning leadership. He and Palin highjacked an entire movement.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You've engaged quite a bit in Beck threads and wondered if you or anyone else can give me an idea of his shows demographics. Alternatively, has anyone come across good demographics for Fox in general?

I was only recently introduced to this character Beck via The Daily Show. We have some pretty whacked tv characters in the UK, but Beck is off the scale.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is what i mean, he has ranted against all those ppl. bernanke comes to mind. I cant remember the exact show, because like you said he does do the chalkboard thing. but to me that's just trying to lay it out so that more ppl can wrap their head around it. As best i can remember, he has long been against the fed, against big government against all the things i'm against. He is an entertainer, no doubt. I listen most days on XM Patriot. Most days on fox i catch at least some of the show. i can't understand how you can say "I don't watch him" and then say "i don't agree with him."

And let me be clear. You don't have to like him because i do,and i'm not trolling or trying to insult ANYONE, but i think it is a disservice to some who would read yours and many other posts on ATS and jump to the conclusion that they, too, don't like beck. At the very least he releases info that others either ignore or blatantly spin to mean the exact opposite of what it actually means.

One case in point is the other week, when the unemployment figures came in, Beck gave the exact figures, which showed that unemployment had risen. And in the ABC news break,immediately following beck, they didn't say anything about the rise per se, but instead played obamas speech about how many jobs were saved or created! I wish i had the audio of that.

I guess what i'm trying to say is at least don't hate him when you don't know what he says on a day to day basis.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Then why doesn't he use his chalk board to drawl out how our monetary system works? Why'd he play the straw man argument for the FEMA camps? I'm not saying there are built and manned FEMA camps, but there are some serious documents that should be addressed. Why does he continuously downplay and ridicule Ron Paul? Why does he call himself a rodeo clown? This is all a strategy in my book. Beck is there to play to the religious right. To steer em away from our real problems towards a left leaning leadership. It's the left versus right game again.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Seems to me that Rachel Maddow, while clearly (and self-admittedly) partisan goes to extraordinary lengths to detail the research done on stories and any allegations, to the point of putting up on the screen and/or emphasizing book titles/web addresses/report names, whatever, to provide solid backing for her sources. I believe she (and her staff) even provide these materials on her web site. While anyone can deny all of these sources, if they so choose, they are there ... and are accurate. I've rarely seen this on other political sparring shows.

I don't have a problem with people if they don't like Maddow for whatever reason. But she is so not a hack and is in no possible way comparable to a complete clown like Beck.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
didnt beck spend a whole little saga on the fed when he was first introducing the whole "progressive" thing and how it all boils down to Woodrow wilson?

isnt the fed one of the many many failures he attributes to the guy?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

You really think it was Wilson who pushed the Fed, or is it Wilson got pushed and pressured for the Fed? Glenn Beck can talk about Wilson all he wants, he'll always ignore the Wall Street side of the story. He'll ignore the bankers that plotted the Fed out.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

You've engaged quite a bit in Beck threads and wondered if you or anyone else can give me an idea of his shows demographics. Alternatively, has anyone come across good demographics for Fox in general?

Link

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for September 10, 2010
P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,189,000 viewers
CNN – 436,000 viewers
MSNBC – 466,000 viewers
CNBC – 157,000 viewers
HLN – 257,000 viewers
25-54 Total Day
FNC –316,000 viewers
CNN –134,000 viewers
MSNBC –151,000 viewers
CNBC – a scratch w/48,000 viewers
HLN – 116,000 viewers

35-64 Total Day
FNC –316,000 viewers
CNN – 200,000 viewers
MSNBC – 231,000 viewers
CNBC – 91,000 viewers
HLN – 132,000 viewers

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck – 1,653,000 viewers (348,000) (720,000)
Situation Room—573,000 viewers (138,000) (201,000)
Hardball w/ C. Matthews – 590,000 viewers (158,000) (263,000)
Fast Money–185,000 viewers (a scratch w/51,000) (110,000)
Options Action — 148,000 viewers (a scratch with 39,000) (88,000)
Showbiz Tonight — 182,000 viewers (86,000) (60,000)

This is for last Friday. Looks like Fox and Beck are doing well. Looks like about twice as many 35-64 year old people watch Glenn Beck and Fox as a whole is split right down the middle in ages of viewers if I am reading this correctly

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: Added to post

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Civil Rights Leader? must be a post to provoke a reaction, the man is a shill and a fear monger. If he does any research it is thru whatever staff he has.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

And the MTV video music awards is getting millions of views right now. What's your point?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join