It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Leader Glenn Beck Says he spent more money on research than anyone in broadcast radio

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Curiousisall

how am i taking the poll out of context?

i don't particularly like a lot of your posts. please do not start giving me too many reasons to star them, again.

that was a pretty good line

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I can't rip on someone on less I truly disagree with them and even then I don't enjoy it much.

Have been watching Beck on and off for long time now and noticed he is changing. Always found him entertaining whether or not it made any sense.

What he is addressing at the moment is very interesting.

He actually admitted on last nights show that he spent is life telling lies including to himself (who hasn't) and he is finished with this now.

If people actually listened to him instead of just using him as target practice they might notice something different. Lets face it , he is a very easy target! You are really showing your lack of intelligence by mocking him.

I ain't saying this guy has got any answers, but just listen, he might get you thinking.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFreedomGypsy
I am disturbed by the number of people who seem to latch on to these t.v. and radio personalities and put them on some kind of pedestal like they're leaders of a movement.

thank you for sharing that.

Is it really so hard to understand why that isn't wise?

wise? i think i addressed a possible reason for this phenomenon in this post

What I find funny is that when a Beck fan encounters someone who doesn't like him, it seems the first thing they say is something like, "If you would just listen to him....really listen to him ....you'd see he's speaking the truth." My question is, why do they assume that person hasn't already done that? I think the one's who need to "really listen to him" are the Beck fans themselves because they are being hoodwinked.

if people think they can live up to his verbal expectations i say good luck.
i've been watching him for years. of course i'm embarrassed to say that, but .... it is entertainment.

FOX is to news what the WWE is to sports, imo.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Curly fries please.

Lots of Lawrys seasoning salt.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I'm sure that there were folks like you that encouraged people to listen to Hitler and Mussolini and just about every other dictator out there. What happens is that when people listen, they tend to listen too much and get sucked into the vortex of lies.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just watched the show. Let us take this into context shall we?

Can anyone find another radio personality that has 40 people working for them?

I know you folks will hate it, but take a look at Rush, he may have that many.

Now, if you think about the amount of money that 40 people earn, and have the BEST health care coverage offered in New York, I would think that saying he does spend more money on investigation is a very BIG possibility.

Here is a link to the show if anyone missed it-The Daily Beck

Quite an interesting show.

He goes over how the propaganda channels, erm the MSM were making up stories about the 9/11 speech he gave.

From the MSM-NO video, NO proof, nothing but lies.

Hmmmm, whoda thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I find the idea of Glenn Beck being a "Civil Rights Leader" to be disgusting and a mockery of civil rights in general.
There just is no defending this man.

so
is that the real reason why you are attacking him?
or does it involve another agenda???

I ask this cuz I have noticed you doing
the same thing on other threads with other
people.
Can we say: Political Pundit ???

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

your assumptions are baseless....and it shows where you fit into the scale..

i could just as easily make a baseless assumption and may be even closer to the Truth...the million+ viewers are on the highside of you "graph" since the population of america is 309,905,000 +or-

i feel ......you just love to rant and show where you fall on your little pictures .....

the problem is you can't prove your baseless assumptions because you don't have any real facts about those that Watch Fox and in particular Glenn Beck...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

That is Slam Dunk research....

What is your research budget?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123

So then I have to ask if you believe this claim that he spends more than anyone else on research to only be one slot higher on the list than two shows from Comedy Central?

If he spends all that money, why is he not on the top of the list?

I am confused what the Pew graph is proving in your argument,

Pretty simple. If Glenn Beck spends more than anyone else on research, he would be at the top of that survey, not way down the list with the comedy shows.

I supplied an updated version THAT HAD BECK ON IT of a survey you threw up to make another user look bad. It failed miserably, I have no idea how much Glenn Beck spends on research, but if we are using this survey as having a say in anyway whatsoever, he would have had to spent more than USA Today, Fox News, MSNBC, or CNN.

The premise of the thread is that Beck claims to spend more than anyone else on research. He did not say "I spend more than a couple other folks" He said he spends more than anyone right?

I am not sure where you got confused. The chart I put up was trying to make someone look bad? How? Who? All I was putting up was the fact that comedy shows should not even be close or concidered but since it had been brought up already, there it was.

So let me ask AGAIN.

Do you believe Beck when he claims he spends more than anyone else on research?

edit on 13-9-2010 by ljtg123 because: Accidently hit the button...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by ljtg123

Cha Ching.

Hey, just wondering.

Is the OP going to try and dispute the contention that Beck DOES NOT spend more on research as he stated?

Ltg just did it for you

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/591fae09564a.png[/atsimg]

Or Ltg just pointed out that Beck or his audience have no clue what to do with that research. Somehow you all think he proved something else so now I am even more curious.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Where do you get that from those surveys?

how can you tell the budget from them....

by the viewers?

that would be idiotic wouldn't it ? to try and project the budget based on viewer...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Again I point to my previous post...

how does it calculate the budget?

can you give some mathematical equation....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tspark

the problem is you can't prove your baseless assumptions because you don't have any real facts about those that Watch Fox and in particular Glenn Beck...

Again, thanks to LTG[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/591fae09564a.png[/atsimg]

Please explain to me how he is spending all this "research" money then? Either Beck himself is pissing that money away and cannot grasp what he is researching or his audience is just not bright enough to grasp what he is telling them. Either way, according to this graph Fox News viewers and particularly Beck viewers are not apparently able to get as many facts right as so many people that go elsewhere, (places with smaller research budgets) and get more correct information.

edit on 14-9-2010 by Curiousisall because: add a (

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

maybe it has to do with memory retention of various topics... like:

how many vacations has the President had?
how many congressmen have TANS?

you know stuff that matters...

edit on 14-9-2010 by tspark because: took out comment anout lady ga ga.....she's not political...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I actually went and read the whole site the info cam from....not on word of the size of budget...

did i miss it...if so could you point it out?

comon show me the amount you can put into your "research budget"

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I actually went and read the whole site the info came from....not one word of the size of budget...

did i miss it...if so could you point it out?

comon show me the amount you can put into your "research budget"

edit on 14-9-2010 by tspark because: spelling errors ..

edit on 14-9-2010 by tspark because: more spelling errors...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

perhaps its the human error....

you get every answer right all the time?

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And point at that chart is still not proving baseless assumptions...

wouldn't you agree....

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

On the radio.... Let it go....You are wrong, I am right, come to terms with it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join