It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation.

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UsuallyNot
reply to post by Gab1159

Well, if he asks for evidence it does not really help to keep throwing 'possiblities' at him. You speak of wormholes, also stargates (whatever they may be); unexplored, undiscovered methods of long distance travel don't make for a good argument. One can neither accept or deny the possibility, but at this point in time, with out current knowledge, we can define what is likely and what is not.

They are theories, aren't they not? Almost everything scientific starts as a theory. And many times they have been ridiculed before finally being official. But dagger talks like these things are not possible, and thats not the way to look at it. Off course there is a chance that these theories have no substance, and just fade away. But there is also a chance that these theories may turn into something that is real.

Im not saying that wormholes,stargates, and other bend space and time theories are true. But to dismiss them altogether is not very wise.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
ENOUGH!!

The off topic, rude back and forth sniping at each other stops now.

Either discuss the issue at hand or find another thread.

The title of this thread is (since several of you have forgotten apparently):

##Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation.##

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Who says Faster Than Light Travel is necessary?

Fermi realized that any civilization with a modest amount of rocket technology and an immodest amount of imperial incentive could rapidly colonize the entire Galaxy. Within ten million years, every star system could be brought under the wing of empire. Ten million years may sound long, but in fact it's quite short compared with the age of the Galaxy, which is roughly ten thousand million years. Colonization of the Milky Way should be a quick exercise...

A lot of folks have given this thought. The first thing they note is that the Fermi Paradox is a remarkably strong argument. You can quibble about the speed of alien spacecraft, and whether they can move at 1 percent of the speed of light or 10 percent of the speed of light. It doesn't matter. You can argue about how long it would take for a new star colony to spawn colonies of its own. It still doesn't matter. Any halfway reasonable assumption about how fast colonization could take place still ends up with time scales that are profoundly shorter than the age of the Galaxy. It's like having a heated discussion about whether Spanish ships of the 16th century could heave along at two knots or twenty. Either way they could speedily colonize the Americas.

Seth Shostak at www.space.com...

The fact is FTL travel is not necessary. Therefore your concerns about infinite energy are redundant.

The question is not 'could they reach here? - the answer to that is most emphatically 'yes'. The question is 'where are they?'

If some people claim to have seen them it's not possible to negate their claim simply by saying ET couldn't be here, as that's just not true.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

ATS posters would make losey court reporters!
Never said Impossible! Never!

Here's a quoto from introduction to ATS!

"Things are not always what they seem, though not in the way you might think.
While all things are possible, not all things are likely."

2=2 equals.....?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yes, a beautiful way to avoid everything above posters tried to tell you. We've tried to show you things. You did not listen. I think you're done here.

Thanks, goodbye. I think mods can move this one. It's getting ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Where did I say you said it was impossible?

Let's step back

Originally posted by OldDragger

Well for starters, distances are unimaginably vast. Yes we can achieve interstellar flight if you don't mind centuries or thousands or millions of years flight time. Einstein sez" As an object approches the speed of light ( approx. 750,000,000 mph ) it's mass increases to nearly infinity, requiring nearly infinite energy to achieve that velocity.
Think about that. INFINITE ENERGY!!
Don't flippantly skim over that! Infinite. Now that's some technical problem eh? It may never be solved.
to simply say "they have advanced tech is the understatement of all time.

You used this argument about the logistics of interstellar flight as means of countering what you saw as a fallacy in the 'believer' argument viz.

Believers conveniently ignore the logistics of interstellar flight.

I've demonstrated that

1) the requirement for Infinite Energy you alluded to is not in fact a requirement at all because FTL travel is not required. Therefore that part of your argument is irrelavant.
2) Bona fide scientists such as Seth Shostak don't consider this as a reasonable argument, in fact the opposite is true - it is reasonable, nay expected that aliens if they exist would already be here.

In fact the probabilities are stacked in favour of aliens being here already. The paradox is that they aren't (if indeed they aren't).

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Everything you say is conjecture. I did mention flight time, at no time did I EVER say you would have to attain the speed of light did I? Read my post.?
What reason would I have for believing anything you suggest is likely. Why don't we hear any radio signal if this has been going on so long ( for one thing).
You still offer NO PROOF! far from it.
All you offer is possibilities! i could do that all day long. Amounts to imagination, nothing more.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ok, then. Tell me.

What is a proof for you. What is it that's gonna make you believe. In all honesty, I think you're here to troll. I hope I'm wrong. You change your version of your older posts every time. What do you need

I'd like to hear your input on those.

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Here, I'll give you a little start, perhaps some incentive to redeem yourself. Please, by all means, drop by any of these following threads to offer logical debate and discussion. You obviously seem to know more than the rest of us do. Please forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting for you to show up.

The Robertson Panel: UFOs and Ridicule

UFO Government Documentary Evidence ~ John Greenewald Junior

*Above BlueBook* - Ohio UFO Chase , Portage County April 17, 1966

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

The SAC Base UFO Flyovers - Oct/Nov, 1975

Firestorm: Dr. McDonald's Fight for UFO Science

Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings

The Minot AFB B-52 UFO Incident

Major Donald Keyhoe's UFO Archives

The Missing UFO Evidence Thread

Ted Phillips on UFO Physical Trace Research

White Sands UFO tracked by Theodolite pulling 20 G's

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Sigh.

What can I say? When I do finally discover the proof you seek, you can be sure I'll let you know first.

Until then let us glory in our dead universe and cast our eyes to the ground and celebrate the death of our imagination.

I'm off to the Cryptozoology forum to remind everyone there that there's no proof of Bigfoot just in case they've forgotten. I'm sure I'll receive a warm welcome.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Sigh.
Once again you assume I'm simply not familiar with the subject.
wrong.
What's to debate? It's like debating God. YOU believe, you have NO PROOF, you want to convince ( convert) me.
Why if I only knew what YOU know I would believe!
Paise the aliens.
Believers convieniently ignore the logistics of interstellar flight. Why they have advanced tech! There, that explains it! No it doesn't. They how, and the why are always in sci/fi territory, you simply skirt the issues, or more likely, you don't understand them.

Let's take a look at what you are saying here. You said "Believers convieniently [sp] ignore the logistics of interstellar flight". The implied reasoning behind your statement would seem to be that interstellar flight is impossible, and that the reason it is impossible is because WE, the Human Race don't know how to do it. Now do you have proof that it is impossible, or is that just your personally chosen belief? You see the same 'arguments' you use against others can also be applied to your own thought processes.

We, the Human Race which was once dead sure that the world was flat and the center of the universe and burned people at the stake who argued otherwise. We, the Human Race who was once dead certain that putting a man on the moon was impossible. Of course we all realize that Mankind has reached perfection since those primitive old times and currently hold not a single silly, nonsensical belief to be looked back at from some future century with smirks and arrogant contempt.

Regarding your 'familiarity on the subject' OldDragger, what are your thoughts on the accounts of US astronauts who clearly state that they have witnessed craft that were not of this world and on Leslie Kean's new book 'UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record'? How about the January 2000 well documented UFO incident in Illinois witnessed by many people including police officers from different jurisdictions?? I find all to be very compelling personally.

Link to 2000 Illinois UFO Story

By the way, OldDragger, you never did answer the original questions I asked you nor do you seem to recognize their importance though I tried to point it out. To refresh your memory:

"I find your question just a bit vague. It would be helpful if you could elaborate a bit on what you consider to be 'non-garbage' evidence? For example, what are some hypothetical examples of the 'things' you are looking for that would satisfy you? What are the specific criteria you require to satisfy you?"
edit on 28-10-2010 by TheFlash because: Added additional reference

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is just to inform those interested in this thread that shortly after my last post here, OldDragger sent me a private message telling me that he will no longer be posting here on ATS. Interesting....

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"Regarding your 'familiarity on the subject' OldDragger, what are your thoughts on the accounts of US astronauts who clearly state that they have witnessed craft that were not of this world and on Leslie Kean's new book 'UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record'? How about the January 2000 well documented UFO incident in Illinois witnessed by many people including police officers from different jurisdictions?? I find all to be very compelling personally. "

He said they were "not reliable". Sigh

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

Really? I was looking forward to some well thought out debate and logical answers in some of the topics I provided. Darn.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Even if we did, would you believe it?

You shouldn't ask for things if you're unwilling to believe them, you'll just end up disappointed.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I like this one from Out of the Blue (starts at about 6:05 into the video):

www.youtube.com...

Anyone know anything about this apparent flying saucer?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
This is just to inform those interested in this thread that shortly after my last post here, OldDragger sent me a private message telling me that he will no longer be posting here on ATS. Interesting....

I have heard that from OD before.
If you present something that hasn't already been de-bunked he might show.
Like Santa on Christmas...if you are very, very, he good might show up and give you presents.

Hang in there Jocko Flocko.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I really enjoyed the video. The UFO caught on film at the 6 min mark was pretty amazing. The only way anyone can explain that away would be to say it is CGI. There are people here who can make an educated call on that too. Alone, any one of these reports might be doubted, but en mass I think they are the greatest evidence of UFO's we have. So many claims by credible witnesses along with actual footage, that cannot be explained away.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You want a pic, okay you asked for it.

www.rense.com...

here is a link. I don't have time to post the pic.

Its from 1942 though.

Edited to add: The pic. Check the Link, this is the enhanced version. There are also Negatives to this pic as well.

edit on 29-10-2010 by Quickfix because: Edited to add the pic.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenGlow

Shaky blurry footage, no matter who says that it is strong evidence- it is weak.

Crop circles- I will believe them when there is one found in the side of a granite mountain or in a pine forest.

I like the star child skull for one reason only- (the purple fibers) will break a scalpel, and where they appear (inside the bone) is a first.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Admins on this site have probably seen proof.. before the PTB has it taken down.

Personally, I'm not sold on ET. There are definitely unknown objects in our skies though. OP can't say that there's no such thing as unknown flying crafts being reported that isn't a hoax. (WOW that was a lot of negatives) The Stealth Bomber was around years and years before they came public with it, for example.
edit on 29-10-2010 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join