It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation.

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Jay-morris

Lol, your examples are very weak, and little to do with what we are talking about. And this a thing. You are thinking like a human being
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would you have me think like?
My examples are just fine.
What does the cliche' "outside the box" really mean? Does it mean simply making things up? It certainly doesn't explain anything!
Apparently so. the rest of your post is just the usual personal attack and list of what you imagine are my shortcomings.
Too bad, I really thought you were smarter than that or I wouldn't have replied to you.
And by the way, you haven't provided any proof of anything.
SO! No more replies to you.

•Thinking outside the box is to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel, creative and smart thinking.

I may be smart, i may not be smart. To be honest, i am not concerned about showing people how smart i am, unlike many people on this board. And your examples were rubbish, im sorry, but they were. We already have theories, not evidence, theories on how space travel could be possible, to get from A to B in a small amount of time.

And this is the thing. Almost everything starts as a theory, and yes, you will get people saying its rubbish, impossible, flawed theory etc, but how many theories in the past have people said the same thing, and the theory turned out to be true?

Do you think we know everything about the universe,and Physics? Theories are changing all the time. Who would have thought that scientists would ever take parallel universes seriously. I mean, that was the stuff of science fiction movies, right?

I think will start seeing some wonderful discoveries. And yes, some of them may be something we once thought impossible, or unlikely.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The possiblity of extraterrestrial life in our universe is very likely, intelligent life is less likely and intelligent life visiting us even so. (Though I would add that if anyone would truly 'believe' in this existance or even visitation, they have a reasonably good basis to do so, as opposed any religion out here)

On the topic of UFO sightings, a lot of people seem to jump from 'UFO' to (identified) 'IFO' too quickly; they assume that the object is from extraterrestrial origin if it displays something "out of the ordinary". Even so, it is evident that there is no real evidence out there in terms of visuals/audio. True evidence would be a real game changer, and since nothing along those lines has happened we can scrap that.
There are however claims of evidence out there that provide imagery which can not be truly identified, though this is often because the quality is very bad; no more than a blob or a light can be seen (Whenever I see 'evidence' being one or more luminous objects, I think by myself why extraterrestrial crafts would fly around with their headlights on; If they want to remain unseen they wouldn't, if they want to be seen they would probably try in different ways).
Then there are also the claims, or stories, by individuals. Sometimes they have quite a curriculum that could deem them more trustworthy. But I am simply not a big fan of stories; regardless who tells them. There are simply too many reasons why someone would tell a false one for their own or someone elses benefit.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UsuallyNot

I believe the following events will take place if we don't blow ourselves up:

1) we will eventually travel to and explore other planets.
2) once we do, we might leave bacteria/microbes there.
3) in a few million years, life may flourish on some of the planets we visited.
4) repeat.

so, what are the odds that we are at the beginning of this chain of event? considering the billions of years that has passed.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Believers convieniently ignore the logistics of interstellar flight.

Could you elaborate on this? What are the logistics that would prevent interstellar flight? We currently have a vehicle in interstellar space and we've only been in space for about 50 years.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Well for starters, distances are unimaginably vast. Yes we can achieve interstellar flight if you don't mind centuries or thousands or millions of years flight time. Einstein sez" As an object approches the speed of light ( approx. 750,000,000 mph ) it's mass increases to nearly infinity, requiring nearly infinite energy to achieve that velocity.
Think about that. INFINITE ENERGY!!
Don't flippantly skim over that! Infinite. Now that's some technical problem eh? It may never be solved.
to simply say "they have advanced tech is the understatement of all time.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well for starters, distances are unimaginably vast. Yes we can achieve interstellar flight if you don't mind centuries or thousands or millions of years flight time. Einstein sez" As an object approches the speed of light ( approx. 750,000,000 mph ) it's mass increases to nearly infinity, requiring nearly infinite energy to achieve that velocity.
Don't flippantly skim over that! Infinite. Now that's some technical problem eh? It may never be solved.

Again, you are looking at this as a human, which, to be fair, is like a child when it comes to knowledge of the universe. Who knows what theories will come about. Look what we have learned in the last 100 years about the universe. And with all the new theories coming forward now, then anything is possible.

Like i said about Parallel universes. Years ago you would have been laughed at if you spoke about parallel universes and other dimentionsm but now, these theories are taken very seriously. There could be a number of ways to bend space and time, we just don't know it yet. Maybe there is not a way, who knows, And thats it, we just don't know. But to outright dismiss it as impossible, is not wise.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Traveling at the speed of sound must have sounded just as ridiculous a few hundred yeas ago...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkererJim

Not a good analogy. Do some "research" and see if you can see why!
Guess the "infinite" part is just a minor problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok so what is it you're talking about?

How can you be sure Einstein was right? How can you be sure that what you know now is reality? Let me tell you something about space travel: wormholes, stargates. These haven't be proven to be existant, but the world of physics there are good possibilities...especially when it comes to wormholes. Who told you you had to travel billions years...when there are shortcuts available.

And I don't see why you're repeatedly continuing to feed this thread, as a lot of clear visual evidence has been provided to you throughout the whole thread...

Please open your mind dear, please think outside of the box (which obviously means to make your own theories and think for yourself). Stop following mainstream science...it's a hoax. They do have truth there...but there is more. Did you know that mainstream science rejects new breakthrough theories everyday, only because it's too different? Did you know we have free energy available to us, but the govt. AND the mainstream science hides them? I guess you did, you seem to have an answer to everything...

Free your soul man, you're slowly dieing.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Here's where i can draw a line. Thats pretentious BS from a self important bag of...
you have no knowlege of anything, let alone MY SOUL!
Believers are the most pompous fools!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
I don't think this Russian military related one is fake, nor has it ever been debunked that I know of...

This looks like it was lifted from a ridiculously silly film, or kooky TV series.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

If you don't like my post nobody is twisting your arm.i see you have been a member what, two whole weeks?
i won't lower myself to your level. bye

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Lower yourself to my level. Dude, I'm trying to help you, provide you information. I'm not trying to sound smart ass, just replying to your thread. Does the fact that I am an ATS member for 2 weeks makes me dumb? Does it make me unexperienced in the alternative subjects?

Once again: www.youtube.com...

You use Einstein's theory of maximum speed (speed of light), then why are you ignoring what completes it? (wormholes).

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sigh. Once again you assume I'm simply not familiar with the subject. wrong. What's to debate? It's like debating God. YOU believe, you have NO PROOF, you want to convince ( convert) me. Why if I only knew what YOU know I would believe! Paise the aliens. Believers convieniently ignore the logistics of interstellar flight. Why they have advanced tech! There, that explains it! No it doesn't. They how, and the why are always in sci/fi territory, you simply skirt the issues, or more likely, you don't understand them.

So I take it that you are declining my offer and would much rather carry on with your little charade? I figured since you obviously have all the answers based upon your posturing in this thread, you might take a shot at some of the events in "UFO History" that have stood the test of time and raised more questions than answers.

I imagine though you aren't really here on this forum because you are interested in the UFO phenomenon, but rather because you enjoy the attention your little act draws.

Just another pseudo-skeptic not willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Well, if he asks for evidence it does not really help to keep throwing 'possiblities' at him. You speak of wormholes, also stargates (whatever they may be); unexplored, undiscovered methods of long distance travel don't make for a good argument. One can neither accept or deny the possibility, but at this point in time, with out current knowledge, we can define what is likely and what is not.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by TinkererJim

Not a good analogy. Do some "research" and see if you can see why!
Guess the "infinite" part is just a minor problem.

A few hundred years ago 16,000,000hp of Space Shuttle would be considered infinite. Don't confine yourself with what is known today. Doesn't the pattern show that we constantly figuring out new ways to solve problems, make things go faster and farther while consuming less energy? We find ways to break down the problem, take different perspective on the problem and eventually find new and interesting solutions that make us smack our heads and say "Why couldn't we see that before?"

Imagine yourself telling people in the middle ages about cellphones, internet, and GPS. They'd give you the same response as you're telling us, "Impossible!"

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join