It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The ROV's are last to leave, apparently...

Anyway, the more pressing question has to be... What the hell is this storm going to pick up from the sea? Oil particles and more worryingly, Corexit, and where will it take it to.... inland and beyond.

This will be a time bomb situation and the resultant pollution will be wide spread and possibly very evident... in plants and people. This might be the start of the true facts about Corexit as it escapes from the confines of the sea and the local shores.....

I worry how many people will be exposed to this stuff, after all, I live in the UK and when the Icelandic volcano went up, we had yellow dust on our cars, and when the wind blows up from Africa, we get Sahara sand on the car too! Particles travel in air, and Corexit will too!! Along with Benzine etc.

So, when the storm comes and the ships and Rov's run for cover, we will get NO news and we shall just have to wait and see what happens... Methane bubbles could also be drawn upward, though I hope not!

Can the storm affect the Methane down by the BOP? (or anywhere else in the Gulf for that matter!)

[edit on 23-7-2010 by ckitch]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ckitch
The ROV's are last to leave, apparently...

Anyway, the more pressing question has to be... What the hell is this storm going to pick up from the sea? Oil particles and more worryingly, Corexit, and where will it take it to.... inland and beyond.

This will be a time bomb situation and the resultant pollution will be wide spread and possibly very evident... in plants and people. This might be the start of the true facts about Corexit as it escapes from the confines of the sea and the local shores.....

I worry how many people will be exposed to this stuff, after all, I live in the UK and when the Icelandic volcano went up, we had yellow dust on our cars, and when the wind blows up from Africa, we get Sahara sand on the car too! Particles travel in air, and Corexit will too!! Along with Benzine etc.

So, when the storm comes and the ships and Rov's run for cover, we will get NO news and we shall just have to wait and see what happens... Methane bubbles could also be drawn upward, though I hope not!

Can the storm affect the Methane down by the BOP? (or anywhere else in the Gulf for that matter!)

------------------------------------------------------------------
This worries me, as I live in New Orleans. It's just scary because no one knows for sure what it will do...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by ckitch]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
HOS Achiever ROV 2 is spraying green stuff right now!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
They keep pulling up a yellow cage by a rope and then lowering it and pulling it back up over and over....and the yellow cage is spraying or spewing a yellow/ greenish substance. A LOT of it!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
And just like that......they switched to something else....sigh....anyone see that?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yeah they were spraying that green stuff yesterday...
I had inquired on here to what it might be, but didn't get
any answers...I thought it looked like antifreeze.
This is a good article....source is Before It's New's

Emergency Committee Challenges Top BP Representative On Dispersants BP Deputy Area Commander Refuses to Answer Whether BP Is Still Using Dispersants or Commit to Ending Their Use

Ektar

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am trying to get my head around the fact that they are currently working on what looks to be 2 sites when they should only be one. The risers that come from the seabed are totally different sizes:

I R Confused!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Now they have the thing that is spraying again and keep zooming in on it where the stuff is coming out....on HOS Achiever ROV2.....

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Dragonfire....are you on? I think I know what they "green mist" is that was half the picture for a few days. I think it is something they are spraying and it just hung in the water.....they were probably spraying it right off camera.....because they are spraying something right now that looks exactly like it (that odd green color)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I take it this is what you are refering to Kat?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Yes....that's it. It has been doing that for quite some time....and on one of the other cams there were black clouds that would obsure the camera....really dark.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the yellow thing is that is spewing the green substance? The camera really is zooming in and focusing on the spot where it is coming out.....what the hell could it be?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
what cam is this happening on stealthy?

Im on realitycheck and cant see it

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

Hos_Achiever_Maxx_2 here mate: www.sanaracreations.fi...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
cheers, cant seem to scroll down on that screen though

get 8 screens and a quarter of the 4 below them

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by niblo

I was watching Morpheustruth....it was the Hos Acheiver ROV 2 cam. They are working on the yellow thing now....it is not spewing the stuff now, but is just in a haze. At one point it was gushing.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Got it now.

Just checked stormpulse, looks like its less than 29 hours till Bonnies right on top of the site

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is a lot of cloudy bursts (white) around that yellow thing now and when the camera panned, a couple of large cracks. The smoky stuff could be from the fans but there is so much of it and it's white at times. Anyway, they sure are concentrating on that thing.....BTW does anyone know what it is so I can stop calling it "the yellow thing" LOL!?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You know, the closer Bonnie gets, the more BP ticks me off. Watching the feeds, and knowing that they are leaving for X number of days because of the storm, really combines to make a nasty feeling in my stomach.

The drips and hydrate formation that Hos_Achiever_Maxx_1 is showing, does not look like it will be 'happy' left alone for a week.

And is it just me, or is there a much greater amount of particulate matter floating around in most of the other 'useless' views that BP is presenting to us? Where is the 'floaty' (and I am sorry for a lack of a more tehcnical term here) stuff coming from and why is there more? The storm is still very far from this site.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
ok, on Skandi ROV 2 we can see some oil leaking... smalln bubbles on the right side of the screen.

I haven't seen that before, so I guess the pressure is increasing. Maybe storms, moon phase or something else can impact the lower earth crust...

Let hope nothing bad happens !

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join