It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The white swirling clouds can often be attributed to the ROV "Prop Wash" kicking up the fine sand and sediment on the bottom. An easy way to confirm if it's this is to look at the ROVs "Altitude", anything under 9' and it's propably just wash from its thruster.

I believe the "Green Stuff" is a form of Antifreeze as there is lots of methane in the water and it can cause crystals on different surfaces that it adheres to. The reason the first containment dome didn't work.

I am very concerned for you my friends in the Gulf Region. This storm has the potential to spread toxins over a large part inland from "Feet Dry" and the storm surge will push oil onto streets, backyards, gorcery stores,etc,etc. Imagine how hard that will be to decontaminate!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
According to Live Ships...the ships for ROVs are still in the water. The enterprise, as usual, is no where near the Deepwater Horizon site. It is about 1 mile away. Skandi 2 is currently surfacing.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Hi Ektar, just want to confirm the lat and long coordinates you've provided are likely correct. They are the ones in the Halliburton report to BP that was written two days before the Deepwater Horizon blew up. I've given this data in this post and included a link for members who'd like to get a copy of the document. (Please note I have a typo in that post and the data is on page 28 of the document -- as Ektar has it -- and not page 18. I corrected this error in a later post.)

I also included the UTM data.

I'd like to repeat a query I made back on July 18 and which I believe drew no response. Assuming the Halliburton data are correct, where did Alex Higgins gets his lat and long coordinates data from? They are slightly different to Halliburton's, but that difference is significant if you want to locate ROVs etc to within a few feet. If he got them from a BP document that it wasn't the Halliburton one, and that one (being the actual well report) ought to be right.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Discovery Enterprise is underway now!

Speed/Course: 4.8 kn / 169˚
Destination: STORMAVOID
ETA: 2010-07-23 04:00 (UTC)

Those ships can ride out a major hurricane and not move off station while on DP.

Why is it moving?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
IMO, 169 deg (SSE) is not the right way to avoid the storm.
Southwest would be closer to perpendicular to the projected path.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
The Discovery Enterprise is underway now!

Speed/Course: 4.8 kn / 169˚
Destination: STORMAVOID
ETA: 2010-07-23 04:00 (UTC)

Those ships can ride out a major hurricane and not move off station while on DP.

Why is it moving?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

Question is, where is it going? It is not going near land...it's going further out to sea...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That heading and speed would put it in Tampa in about 3 days...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Hey! Thanks for the reply....I fear you are right. I will be going to north Louisiana soon....I hope that is far enough, but I'm not sure...*sigh*

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dockman45
That heading and speed would put it in Tampa in about 3 days...

Well now it turned away from Florida...still going SSW...No clue what could be down there, but its going.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Can someone look at Hos Achiever Maxx rov 2 and tell me what the blurry circle is? Just watch it for a minute and you'll see what I mean.....something on the lens? It is round and hazy looking. Hurry before they pan away LOL!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Something must be there - Deep C Rov was just working on a leak, it was really coming out and then they sprayed dispersant.

Where do we find the Deep Sea Map?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Can someone look at Hos Achiever Maxx rov 2 and tell me what the blurry circle is? Just watch it for a minute and you'll see what I mean.....something on the lens? It is round and hazy looking. Hurry before they pan away LOL!

Looks to me like a reflection from the light bouncing off whatever pipe that is.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Something must be there - Deep C Rov was just working on a leak, it was really coming out and then they sprayed dispersant.

Where do we find the Deep Sea Map?

Marine Traffic.com

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hey Just Mike thanks for chiming in...
I thought it was you that had the info
I just wasn't positive so I did not refer...
Thanks for re-posting the links!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's changed since I posted that. It was a hazy sphere and the rov was behind it and kept swaying side to side. When it got behind the sphere (bubble?) you could barely see the rov (it was all blurry)....but when it emerged on each side it was crystal clear....and you could clearly see the shape of the haze was round. In mid swing, part of the rov was behind the sphere (blurry) and part was out of it (clear), so you could see the edges of it. Sounds crazy I know but I watched it for quite a while. Maybe someone got a pic?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh....and it was just hanging in the water....that pipe was not there.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Also note that it's 200 meters down...so not far from the surface.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

and dont forget t include yourself, ceriddwen. Your contributions to this thread have been invaluable, tempered, and reasonable.

Thank you.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by justadood]

I thank you for your comments Dood. I really do. That said, the other posters I mentioned have been invaluable to ME, and I wanted to make sure they were mentioned.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Rub me down with honey and throw rice crispies at me but is this leaning???

Dont recall seeing it before, and if I did then it certainly was NOT leaning like that:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf410c059136.jpg[/atsimg]

Some choppy video, seems to be lagging like mad at the moment:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And the BOP, again leaning:

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join