It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I keep trying to figure out where to enter
Lat & Long numbers...wanted to compare
info from photos...

I swear every time I go at the feeds
they look the same

Ektar

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

If you get it, let me know......

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yeah the BOP is very cloudy...
Some of those feeds don't contain enough information
at least for me to try & figure out.
I took some screen shots of what's there now...
I have to take off but later 2 day I can try
to see if locations match up. I think DragonFire
& Just Mike were working it...they're far ahead of me

Ektar

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

What do you suggest the people in the gulf do? Leave their homes, jobs, possessions on some wild speculations? I have yet to see any of these predictions people have made come true. The floor hasn't collapsed, people are not dropping dead all over, the blowout preventer hasn't toppled over and the gulf hasn't blown up.

There are a whole lot of platforms and drilling rigs out in the gulf owned by other companies where engineers, geologists etc work. Are you implying that these other companies and people are all risking the many lives of those thousands who work in the patch as well as people on land?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
And the BOP, again leaning:

THIS is the actuall BOP it leans quite a bit the other BOP we have been seeing is stright. The orginal drill well site was abandoned because the tool got jammed suppositly after 6+weeks of drilling so that roughly 42 days of drilling 42 million + additional 25 million in tools and mud lost on the well.

The Macondo prospect is located on Mississippi Canyon Block 252 in the Gulf of Mexico in a water depth of 4,993 feet (1,522 meters). BP serves as the operator, holding a 65% interest in the prospect; Anadarko holds 25%; and MOEX 2007 holds the remaining 10%.

TextOn October 21, 2009, the Transocean Marianas semisub arrived on location to spud an exploration well on the Macondo prospect. Several days later drilling commenced, but was halted on Nov. 28, 2009, when the semisub underwent repairs for damage caused by Hurricane Ida. BP leased another rig, the Deepwater Horizon semisub to complete drilling operations on the well. TextThe Deepwater Horizon semisub commenced operations in February 2010 and had recently terminated drilling at a depth of just over 18,000 feet (5,486 meters).On Feb. 13, BP told the minerals service it was trying to seal cracks in the well about TextText40 miles (64 kilometers) off the Louisiana coast, drilling documents obtained by Bloomberg show. Investigators are still trying to determine whether the fissures played a role in the disaster.

this is drilled well [A]

from the Transocean website is latitude 28° 44.20′ N and longitude 88° 23.23′ W or approximately Text50 miles S.W. of the Mississippi Delta at the edge of the continental shelf.

this drilled well [B]

BACKGROUND

Before the accident, it worked on BP’s Mississippi Canyon Block 252, referred to as the Macondo prospect.[10] The rig caught an explosion when it was last located approximately 41 miles offshore Louisiana on Mississippi Canyon block 252. [11]

Well A is approximately 40 miles offshore.
Well B is approximately 50 miles offshore.
Both wells are on the same block 252, the rig sitting on the ocean floor is closest to well [A]

28° 44′ 12″ N, 88° 23′ 13″ W
28.736667, -88.386944

WELL A
Latitude 28.738132500000003
Longitude -88.36592777777777

WELL B
Latitude 28.73778527777778
Longitude -88.36682805555554

or go to page 11 out of 52 shows the exact locations of where the wells will be drilled
www.scribd.com...

we are seeing two different shows going on that is why one BOP is stright the other is on an angle and looking at the ROV the pressures would appear different as well [A] has a drill head and tooling jamed in it.
If someone could get the live marine feed HISTORY that would be the rusty nail to seal the coffin.
www.bloomberg.com...
lizinan.wordpress.com...
www.subseaiq.com...
en.wikipedia.org... - show crash location
toolserver.org...:US-LA_type:landmark
http://(nolink)/2010/06/13/bp-gulf-oil-spill-rov-utm-distance-calculator/
toocan.com...
energycommerce.house.gov... shows problems involved with the well not sure which one?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I was just watching Olympic Challenger ROV2 (the BOP)....and to me it looks to be leaking....especially the top left portion....it's hard to see but if you watch for a few minutes, you will see it. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? It is awfully hazy around it also. Anybody else see it? Just curious....

[edit on 24-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Unless they have High intensity lights down there, which given the storm I doubt, then we are NOT being shown all the feeds. According to the Olympic Challenger UHD 31 there is another ROV down there. Would be the only explanation of the lights if they don't have portable lighting down there. So now the question is, why can't we see that feed? What are they hiding? Why is the government, who ordered them to show ALL feeds just standing by and letting them do this?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

We all believe there are 2 sites. The only problem we have is proof or enough evidence. We lack that. Unfortunately, unless enterprise lowers that massive cap/sucker again, we may not even get pictures of this well. The last well I saw on cam tat was not Deepwater, was the Kepler well and that was shown on Viking Poseidon about 2 weeks or longer ago.

EDIT: Bonnie is just about directly over the top of the Deepwater leak point.

EDIT: We need a list of all oil wells that are near the deepwater well leak point. This should be public information yet I cannot find any. Anyone who can help?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

You have TON's of video feeds even on U-TUBE. There showing 2 wells both wells are leaking the well 50 miles away leans the well you never see to much of this well as its still leaking all around the sea floor and is getting the relief wells bored into it

the first well is the well your watching on the ROV's It's stright and only has a small leakage it's 40 miles away, the deep horzion rig collasped 1 mile away from this well. or 41 miles off shore

http://(nolink)/2010/06/13/bp-gulf-oil-spill-rov-utm-distance-calculator/

notice where the rig is to the BOP 41 miles away the only well near it is the 40 mile well the first well

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

The videos, screen shots etc don't add up really. They are blurry and what not. I think there are 2 sites yes, but we need a name for the second location. We could just as well assume the cameras are not straight. There are many factors. We need hard evidence. the only way to get that is to find out the name of this supposed other well. Without that we are lost. To assume, based on just a few videos alone, that they are two different wells is not enough to convince me even though I believe what you say. Until we get something that we can work on, and come up with more videos or images, then we are dead in the water on this theory.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
On a side note. This is proof we are not seeing all the feeds. This is an ROV holding on to part of the well head looking at something while the Olympic Challenger UHD 31 watches. Only problem is, the ROV holding onto the well, is not on any feeds. So this, in my opinion, is proof we are not being shown all the feeds. The circle indicates the ROV arm:

Another view:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is it me, the camera or what...I don't know but in BOA DEEP C 2 and Olympic Challenger 2, the well looks like its tipping over...badly...and it shows it leaning in both feeds. If it were the camera I would suspect it would only be one...not both.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
“One Moment” and “DragonFire1024” sorry if I up set you?
I did not see what you put down.
but I guess you had a go at me!

next two...

[edit on 24-7-2010 by buddha]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So either the cameras on the ROVs are now on an angle, or the ROVs cannot fly straight, or the well is definitely leaning. Which do you think?:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
So either the cameras on the ROVs are now on an angle, or the ROVs cannot fly straight, or the well is definitely leaning. Which do you think?:

This is well B the well that exploded 50 miles of the coast

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Unless they have High intensity lights down there, which given the storm I doubt, then we are NOT being shown all the feeds. According to the Olympic Challenger UHD 31 there is another ROV down there. Would be the only explanation of the lights if they don't have portable lighting down there. So now the question is, why can't we see that feed? What are they hiding? Why is the government, who ordered them to show ALL feeds just standing by and letting them do this?

They are hiding something for sure! I am so pissed off I can't stand it! I am really worried about the way the BOP is looking as if its going to just topple over.....and with everyone gone. That "storm" is nothing.....it's not even a storm, it's only a depression. I am REALLY angry with the way Obama is handling this......it's like he is just letting BP run and he just pops on TV every few weeks to make some lame comment! We need LEADERSHIP.....this is no time for wimpiness!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Is it me, the camera or what...I don't know but in BOA DEEP C 2 and Olympic Challenger 2, the well looks like its tipping over...badly...and it shows it leaning in both feeds. If it were the camera I would suspect it would only be one...not both.

No it's not just you.....it's freaking me out right now! It looks like it is going to fall.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Based on what we've seen in the past when we noticed a tilt at the "Top Hat" end (and which BP eventually confirmed was tilted), I'd say that this structure is leaning.

We need a frame of reference to work with, so seeing as the ROV in your screen capture is on "bubble watch" duty, hopefully some streams of bubbles will give us the info we need. Ignoring the guff that's flying in all directions close to the ROV (due to turbulence from its own props), most of the bubbles rising near the BOP itself should go straight up. I've seen enough of what appear to be bubbles that are doing precisely that, and from watching their upward path past the BOP it looks to be off-vertical a few degrees.

That's my take on it anyway.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join