It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

yes!

You careful incredulousness is appreciated.

baby steps.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
For those who were asking, here is the distance calculator I posted earlier in the thread. The ROV must have N and E numbers to use it. I am not surprised at all that we are looking at two different rigs or more as some of the calculations for the ROV's, particularly the Q4000's, were pretty far away from Deepwater Horizon.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAinhabitant
reply to post by -W1LL

What do you suggest the people in the gulf do? Leave their homes, jobs, possessions on some wild speculations? I have yet to see any of these predictions people have made come true. The floor hasn't collapsed, people are not dropping dead all over, the blowout preventer hasn't toppled over and the gulf hasn't blown up.

There are a whole lot of platforms and drilling rigs out in the gulf owned by other companies where engineers, geologists etc work. Are you implying that these other companies and people are all risking the many lives of those thousands who work in the patch as well as people on land?

- I suggest the people open their eyes and watch what is happening and be prepared.
homes jobs possessions are meaningless, Life is what is important.
- you haven't seen anything, and neither have I, my point is they are covering something up this is obvious. what we do know is how toxic all the crap that is being mixed in the Gulf right now is.
- we know the tests of the water in the sand and waves show toxic levels way beyond safe. but are undetectable to humas.

yes! these other companies are putting their workers and the public in danger. you think they care?
11 crew members died when the rig exploded and sank, alarms were disabled and countless requests and safety reports by crew members prove these oil companies do not care about their workers. were you under the impression BP or any other oil company cares?

[edit on 7/24/2010 by -W1LL]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

This should be the Deepwater well...I notice the features on the cap. If I had screen shots of when the cap was placed on I would post them. If anyone else has them I would request you post them for comparison.

Assuming that is not the Deepwater well, and I can see the UTM numbers correctly, then the ROV is almost a mile from the deep water well.

The ROV is 6.2 feet north and 5072.59 feet west of the leak point. The ROV is 5072.59 feet away from the leak point. according to the calculator.

Not to mention the live ship data is useless...according to it there are no ships anywhere at the deepwater site or anywhere around it. We are also not being shown all the live feeds. Watch the Q4000 2 and see at least 1 ROV at the/a well...we don't see that anywhere on the feeds.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what the black and blue thing is? (Top left) Some kind of sonar?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Can anyone tell me what the black and blue thing is? (Top left) Some kind of sonar?

Yup a sonar...not operating. Don't know why its there unless it was placed there to hide whatever the Skandi 1 is doing. Either that, as i said before, the operators don't care about operating the ROVs properly.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The BOA DEEP C 2 which is holding onto the well, showing the leaking oil bubbles, appears to be swaying, or the well is. Last time I recall an ROV watching this spot, it was as still as could be. The bubbles are also rising at an angle...though that just might be the current.

Watch the below video and notice the bubbles, and the fact that there is no movement from either the ROV or the well:

Another video..no movement/swaying at all:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
[more
Thanks! That is just freakin ridiculous.....someone needs to kick ass and take names!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
[more
I thought it looked like it was swaying but I didn't say anything because I thought maybe it was the camera......but it does look that way....do you think it's the BOP itself swaying? I wonder what would happen if it toppled over.....a huge gusher?

[edit on 24-7-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Lets say it does topple over...we can forget about it ever being fixed. In my opinion I don't know how that well, being as damaged as it is, could hold that 150,000lb cap. I always thought it might topple over, or at least start crushing everything that it's sitting on.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
At least 3 ROVs in the water...we only see the live feeds of 2 of them...hmmm...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I heard somewhere the cap is 45 tons ??? there must be a lot of pressure to actually tilt that thing...im afraid that if it does topple over, there will be a super pressurized blast of methane and oil.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467
I heard somewhere the cap is 45 tons ??? there must be a lot of pressure to actually tilt that thing...im afraid that if it does topple over, there will be a super pressurized blast of methane and oil.

The cap is 150,000lbs minimum. Calculations put it at roughly 75 short tons.

On a side note, The ROVs have at least 4 cameras on them. More proof we are not being shown all we are supposed to be shown. EDIT: Its is a screen of 4 cams from different ROVs. Notice the bottom right camera...Why isn't that part of the live feeds?

Also...the Live Ship data does not even list ANY of the vessels associated with the Deepwater well or any other well. They are not on the Vessel list...none of them. We know at least one ship is on location because the Olympic Challenger 2 has surfaced...so where the hell are the ships?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

This is getting weirder and weirder.....let's hope that thing stays put. Could google earth show where those ships are? I have never used it, so pardon me if that was a dumb question LOL!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

There might be an additional app for it but I have not tried looking for one. It would also be depending on how recent the satellite photos are. So if they do have an app for it, then it would need to be real time, or its useless in this case.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

notice the angle of the BOP This BOP is on well [B] it tilts on an angle
This well is 50 miles off the coast.
reason BOP is bent

Notice how stright this BOP sits, This BOP is on well[A] 40 miles off the coast

flow from well [B]

flow from well [A]

[edit on 24-7-2010 by mr20121221]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr20121221

Ok if there is a second well gushing oil, and the ROVs are at that well and the Deepwater well, then why have we not seen any gushing oil? Are they both capped?

EDIT: The image below is NOT the deepwater well in upper left box:

The picture below IS the Deepwater well...Notice the difference?

The top picture has an ROV at the well. Which we do not see. Even if at a different angle, the lights would be seen and at least part of the ROV. The top image shows no lights at all from any other ROV.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yes both are capped, both wells were being operated on with same time frame
or fairly close within couple of days, we noticed a difference between the two flows and BOP angles. There were trying too fool the energy commision into thinking it was properly fixed and no problems or leaks. along with the general public.

We caught BP again trying to sell us fake goods
feed after the intial 24 hour period

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

just wondering... is there any chance that 'sway' in the bubble's 'stream' is from the water's currents?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Mr2012, how do you know which well is the one where the rig blew up? I saw your lat/long readings, but it didn't make it clear. In fact, none of these recent posts are clearing anything up for me. I do see differences in the BOP or cap structures but I can't tell what I'm seeing. Seems like there should be some notable differences in the structures that could positively identify them in conjunction with the position data (assuming it is not faked).

From other info I've seen the one Deepwater Horizon was at in Feb is the one that blew, but you said it was the other one if I understood.

Can we differentiate the ROV seafloor monitoring video feeds? Would it do any good for me to note the N-E data if I watch a video (youtube archive or live) and see seeps or something else of interest? Videos are really slow to d/l for me so I can't watch everyone that is mentioned. I'm not even sure I trust that these feeds really are live if most of the ships bugged out.

I've been listening to radio feeds from the Louisiana coast, and haven't heard anything unusual, for what that's worth.

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join