It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Solution) Free Energy + 20 Hr Work Wk + Zero Taxes = Freedom

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Yes it's called a 'resource based economy' and it would work. Check out the venus project.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
One way to ensure a money free and peaceful society is genetically modify humans and remove the GREED gene.

Then the invention of Money is obsolete and we wouldn't be a bunch of slaves. We have no freedom right now, and you are either free or not free.

We currently are not free.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

What it all boils down to is what you won't admit. You do not have a new idea. You do not have a relatively new idea. Although you will never say it you are promoting communism and bashing the free enterprise system. Anyone who,
oh my gosh supposedly does not want to share is EVIL. Anyone who decides they want to work for a profit is EVIL. Anyone who chooses to work or live for their own PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS,like the right granted them in the
constitution,is what? Out of lock step,Evil,or a terrorist?
I believe I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
we are in a "groundhog day" loop that has existed all our history and likely always will. We have met the enemy, and he is us." (Pogo). Democracy is an evil golem that immediately upon creation sets out to gobble up our wealth and our souls. How human that this is not obvious to everyone! A democracy will grow until it has destroyed its economy. looks like a natural law. we are approaching a lovely shower, a cleansing. Everything that is worth having can be had in anarchy. Anarchy is our friend. Mother Nature keeps pushing us back to it. most people want peace and the golden rule makes sense intuitively. My faith? A man speaking and acting honestly,kindly and justly is an agent of god(good). Anyone who refuses to initiate force against others and their property, and who doesn't encourage "king pretenders , is doing good's work, and i dont give a damn if he works 80 hours a week, and what makes you think he isnt playing? there aint no such thing as free energy. for an exploration of what anarchy might look like, read the book of short stories titled VISIONS OF LIBERTY. You may be delighted!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by boxturtle]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death
There are three key factors that we need to accomplish in order to set the world Free

1) Free energy - Solar, Geothermal, Wind, Tidal, Hydro, Nuclear Fusion

2) 20 Hour work week - Readjust the social programming of the population to accept a new paridigm of working less and making more

3) Zero Taxes - Paying on a debt that is quite literally impossible to pay is the definition of insanity. If it was possible to convince the masses that such a scheme was really ever achievable, then it is possible to convince the masses to accept zero taxation.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

Why don't you look outside and check out all those street lights, roads, traffic lights, patrolling police officers, court houses, jails, military bases, and then tell me that paying ZERO TAXES makes sense?

As hunter-gatherers, humans worked 20 hours a week. Then, we decided that we wanted to do other things that involved the exchange of goods and services, we wanted a system of law governing behavior and ensuring fair exchange of goods and services. Having those laws, we needed someone paid to enforce them. If those laws were violated, we would need a system to punish and imprison those individuals.

Due to the size of this system, any individual person would not have the time to research and participate personally in its governance, so we decided that it would be a good idea to select representatives who could so that we would be free to go about our lives.

What I'm trying to say is that your theory of Zero Taxes makes absolutely no sense. In addition, all the "free energy" sources you've listed above cost a lot of money to design, build, and maintain. The individuals qualified to do any of those things would likely charge for their services because they probably wouldn't work for free.

You can try to convince "the masses" to pay zero taxes but I would like to see you convince all those who are paid by tax dollars to work for free. You might consider thinking prior to typing a stream of gibberish coming out of your mouth.

By the way, next time the city picks up your garbage at the end of your driveway, go ask the garbageman if he'll work for free because you don't want to pay any taxes.

Here's my theory. You are a neocon shill that posted your nonsense so that other neocons could pop in and say, "This guy must have voted for Obama. Democrats are communists. Glenn Beck was right." Nice try but you failed. Strawman arguments are fun aren't they?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by andrewh7]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There are three key factors that we need to accomplish in order to set the world Free

Free energy? None of the above sources are free! They cost a bomb in capital investment and transmission. So no freebies here. The only way we can get free energy is what is called 'zero point energy', where the energy output is hundreds of times more than the input. But needless to say, it's a long way off!

2) 20 Hour work week - Readjust the social programming of the population to accept a new paridigm of working less and making more.

That means about 4 hours per day for a five day week. Or 3 hours for a 6 day week. Now what the dickens are you gonna do for the rest of the day?
Get bored to death, see more crappy TV, eat more pizzas and get fat and of course, get nagged by your wife 21 hours a day! Geeez! That doesn't look good!

3) Zero Taxes - Paying on a debt that is quite literally impossible to pay is the definition of insanity. If it was possible to convince the masses that such a scheme was really ever achievable, then it is possible to convince the masses to accept zero taxation.

An impossible pipe dream. Soon even the air you breathe will be taxed. After all, you've got a government to run and wars need to be funded. Where's the money going to come from?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think this solution is impossible. Here's why. It sounds like "how can I do less work, have less responsibility and enjoy myself more rather than work to pay taxes and support others". It's hedonistic and not a life challenge at all. It's an easy way out.

Let's look at a sustainable society. The Amish here in the US. They work hard but they do it to provide a life that works. They don't work "for the man" - rather they work for their family, community and God. I also believe (not sure) that they do not pay taxes to some degree. They have free energy - they utilize manures for their fields, oils for their lighting and fire for their cooking. The sun warms their crops - for free. They don't use electricity and rarely gasoline. They can sustain a family of 4-10 without modern conveniences and be happy to a point. They are not tied to the internet - tied to their 350 online "friends". They wake up, work to succeed and enjoy family and community.

You want freedom? Go Amish!

Our "modern" society, created by bankers and industrialists will come and go and the Amish will still be there while we are rioting in the cities and fighting the governments that bloat far beyond recognition.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by bonaire]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

2) 20 Hour work week - Readjust the social programming of the population to accept a new paridigm of working less and making more

Careful, with good common season ideas that might actually solve problems, you make yourself a target for those that pull the strings of chaos.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

1) Those items you list are not free energy. You may think they are because they will last for as long as the earth/sun lasts but it is NOT free energy. Such things come from sources because something is not at equilibrium. Perhaps one day our technology will be so efficient that it will be 100% ( greater than 100 means output is higher than input)(100% means gravity, friction are non existent in the system).

2) That definitely is not happening because of the heights capitalism reaches today.

3) It is literally impossible for 0 taxes. If there is no government there is no taxes. If there is government than there is taxes.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
A wonderful set of ideas.

You forgot one thing though.

A Pony for everyone.

No Pony=No deal.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
We already have 1.

We will never be aloud 3.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Fundimental flaw in all 3 points.

1) there is no free energy. Windmills? who builds em? who maintains em? who builds the wires? builds the grids, maintains the grids?

Lets also realize, if energy was "free" no one would bother hitting a light switch to off.

2) 20 hour work week takes away freedom. You can HAVE a 20 hour work week NOW, it's called being a part time worker. But now you're saying what, make it illegal to work more if you wanted too? You wouldn't be able too enforce that, because of point 3

3) zero taxes. So.. who pays for the roads? who pays for military? police? The problem with taxes is the hand out and welfair programs using public money for private persons. I'd be all for zero taxes in every country but mine... that way when the rest of the world crumbles, we are left as the giant.

Sounds to me like the OP was high dreaming of a utiopia that has no place in reality. The only way to get done what he wants, is we need to bring back slavery.

So maybe he should of said "true freedom for SOME, enslave the rest"

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Zero taxes = no roads, no air traffic control, no fire department, no cops, co coast guard, no FDA, no.......

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They can print up an unlimited amount of currency and spend it how ever they see fit.

freedom or death I agree with your ideas but surely youcan't just print money with nothing to back it up? only peoples belief in their currency keeps it afloat and i think in the U.S gold backs up the dollar, if you have more money than gold then your currency can become worthless,think germany and the deutschmark when folks were pushing whelbarrows of notes to buy a loaf of bread because they had just printed more money that wasn't worth the paper it was printed on!
apologies if I misunderstood s&f for the rest of you r comments though

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If most people became autonomous ( like i described ) then a FREE MARKET could be done : where people SHARE at their level. ( today economy is far from the hand of human being , this is part of the problem : learn to be FREE : AUTONOMOUS )

13-open-source hardware companies making 1 million

singularityhub.com...

www.adafruit.com...

the market of open-source hardware is + 100% per year.

Open Economy for Open People : in their country

Concerning the army and police ( and also hospital , and justice ... ) : you need absolutly this organisation in a society , even in a new kind of society.

There are alternative way of creating these organisation, the companys could be not in hierarchy ...

But something you don't speak yet is : the necessity of "fast decision making " (for security , police, army, hospital, justice ). That mean the right people, in the right place : that mean a group ( or a little hierarchy ) based on skill, capacity and experiences. ( or Artificial Intelligence for decision making ... ... ... )

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by consulmac

Gold does not back the dollar and has not since 1972. If it was still backed by gold it would be worth a lot more now than it is. The dollar is backed by "The full faith and credit of the US Government."

Most of Europe removed themselves from the gold standard in the 1930's.

Printing more money like the OP suggests would make the dollar worthless and our international buying power would decrease to the point of it being almost impossible to buy anything abroad.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The whole money thing reminds me of the Bill Hicks thing about money and the economy. "It's fake anyway". Gold - really, what makes it worth something? Can't eat it. Can't smoke it. Could build a house with it if you have enough of it - but it's pretty rare. Energy will probably more of a commodity than gold may be in the future. Probably one of the reasons governments want this carbon credit - it's a step towards making energy a traded commodity.

Money is "representative" of something. Maybe it's work potential of the culture issuing it. It has to stand for something and it's simply legislated into existence. A country's money is worthless if that culture offers nothing to the world. Work potential - that's energy. A Watt is a unit of work.

Zen saying: "You're only free when you are free of your own desires."

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
thanks webpirate.... happy to be re educated

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join