It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Solution) Free Energy + 20 Hr Work Wk + Zero Taxes = Freedom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There are three key factors that we need to accomplish in order to set the world Free

1) Free energy - Solar, Geothermal, Wind, Tidal, Hydro, Nuclear Fusion

2) 20 Hour work week - Readjust the social programming of the population to accept a new paridigm of working less and making more

3) Zero Taxes - Paying on a debt that is quite literally impossible to pay is the definition of insanity. If it was possible to convince the masses that such a scheme was really ever achievable, then it is possible to convince the masses to accept zero taxation.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
fantasticidea but have fun getting it passed and approved.

would be nice though,, perhaps we should revolt!!

s + f because i'm with you on this one

[edit on 5-6-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom or Death

Great but what would I do for the other 6days 4 hours???

I'd get bored, certainly wouldnt have enough money to go out everyday...

BTW, Free energy and Zero Tax is what we should have but lets notmake a race of lazy people..s&f

[edit on 5-6-2010 by virgom129]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Dear Freedom or Death

Nice thoughts but while we are still human it is not going to happen.

Greed will kill it all

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The first two sound great, except maybe a 20 hour work week would be a little too less. Perhaps a 30 hour work week would be more fair.

But the no taxes part? Yea, you don't honestly believe that you think a society could be upheld with no form of paid infrastructure, logistics, government, social support, or bureaucracy, do you?

[edit on 083030p://666 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

No but a small sales tax and pay as you go for other items would cover everything if we didnt pay in blood to the bankers.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

The first two sound great ...

But the no taxes part? ... you don't honestly believe that you think a society could be upheld with no form of paid infrastructure, logistics, government, social support, or bureaucracy, do you?

Oh no you miss my point, we need that stuff. What we don't need is to have to pay for it.

The government is the authority and as such has the power to do whatever it wants. They can print up an unlimited amount of currency and spend it how ever they see fit. Social services would not disappear, nor would infra-structure. Hell they might not even improve on effeciency. After all they are the government. That's where the private sector would fit in to improve upon inefficiences and service failures.

People would still serve in government to make sure that these things happen. I think what people are afraid of here is loss. Loss of stuff, loss of services, loss of whatever...

We only have to gain. People will not serve or work for free lets not be naive here. Human nature is what it is.

However, if the basics are provided, most people would be content. Some would work harder to achieve more and we would still have the few who would work as hard as they could and they would achieve the most for thier efforts.

The key thing to realize here is that most people are stupid and lazy. It's really the key componant of what makes the whole scheme work.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death
There are three key factors that we need to accomplish in order to set the world Free

1) Free energy - Solar, Geothermal, Wind, Tidal, Hydro, Nuclear Fusion

2) 20 Hour work week - Readjust the social programming of the population to accept a new paridigm of working less and making more

3) Zero Taxes - Paying on a debt that is quite literally impossible to pay is the definition of insanity. If it was possible to convince the masses that such a scheme was really ever achievable, then it is possible to convince the masses to accept zero taxation.

I'm with you. Where do I sign up?

All you have to do is purchase the Island we will use, and after moving everyone away from these evil corrupt countries, set up a fair working system of government.. Oh and you'll have to feed us too.. I suppose you would have to deal with some of these evil peoples for trade and don't forget, protect us from the elements, got to have shelter you know...

But I'm sure you have all that under consideration. So.. When do we leave again?

Edit:

Yeah I was trying to be funny.. and I do love the idea.. but sadly, I cannot see the U.S of A doing this.. we would have to do it on our own and solve all these problems that come with it.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Freedom is another means of happiness, tell me other than what we are given are we all truly happy in the state in which we are in? Of course some could say yes, but sometimes people will say "Well if I could just do this, or have that..." then it would all be better.

Though that is a tangent thought sorry about that

In any event as to the solar energy I know my university is working on something of the sort as some others. I'm not sure how much ground it has covered, but I do believe it got a bigger boost when it received a grant of some sort. Here is a clip of our news station that at least shows a partnership with NASA about the grant of solar panels.

www.youtube.com...

This next link I will be dropping shows the grant that was received from a department of energy.

The U.S. Department of Energy has announced $13.7 million in funding for 11 university-led projects focused on developing advanced solar photovoltaic technology manufacturing processes and products.

utnews.utoledo.edu...

So here's hoping we [everyone in the world] will get some free energy, it will certainly cut down on our bills, but in all honesty the pockets we line for said energy will probably not allow such a thing.

---

As for the 20 hour work week I believe I read another topic in which you talked about this. This in all honesty would be great, but would not see it happening sadly. The technology is certainly there, and looking at my own part-time job I'm stuck for at least 4~5 hours reading my philosophy books or playing with my phone. Either way I look at it, feels like I'm just standing there waiting for something to happen. So it would be great to have a 20 there, but just not something that would be foreseeable. At least not yet and until more people clamored for it maybe?

--

I can't really talk on Debts as I don't really have any experience of being in debt so I shall refrain from that. Over all good ideas, but do not think they will come to fruition at least not soon sadly.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

In Canada, the average cost of health care (per Government funding) is around 5500 source a person a year. That comes out to 183 billion dollars a year just in health care. Canada's personal expenditure on goods and services totalled around 917 billion dollars for Q1 of 2010. source

Now that you have the numbers, let's take a look at what this has to do with a small tax. It would take a 20% tax on all Canadian consumer goods and services JUST TO PAY FOR CANADIAN HEALTH CARE if we are to take away all taxes. Now, factor in public education, infrastructure, transportation, and social assistance, not to mention Government expenditure, and you've got one massive tax on all goods and services just to keep your country up, running, and with a good healthy standard of living.

As you can see, we need taxes, and a good amount of them. I'm not condoning or supporting their miss use and over burdening of the population, but to argue that a "small tax on consumer goods and services" could keep your population at the high standard of living they enjoy right now is downright unrealistic.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I cannot see the U.S of A doing this.

I can't see the USA doing this either.

They like the money.

They want to continue with the paper chase.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b26d5ab73f50.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21410edee4f9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2baf2014909.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa

This in all honesty would be great, but would not see it happening sadly. The technology is certainly there ... just not something that would be foreseeable.

I can't really talk ... I don't really have ... I shall refrain ...

Over all good ideas, but do not think they will come to fruition at least not soon sadly.

Oh well you gotta have faith.

The Depression is mid-stream. There is 2 more years to go.

Total Capitualtion will be achieved by any means neccesary.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c53971b11c9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Freedom or Death]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well ...

1) Free energy - sustainable energy is all derived from the sun (directly or indirectly the sources you mention are just that). But a few very smart studies have figured out that we can only support 2 billion people indefinitely with the amount of energy we get from the sun. So a lot of people have to go.

2) 20hr work week - 500 years ago the Plains Indians had a pretty easy life. Hunting and gathering is actually less work than farming because it means there is abundance. The agricultural revolution meant that people had to work sun-up to sun-down. Today, energy (oil) does that work for us. So we need even more energy to work less and still live well. Looking at point one (limited energy). We have to get rid of more people. So now we're down to between 500 million and a billion in population.

3) No taxes - even if you achieve #1 and #2, there will always be "common projects" that are needed that benefit everyone. Those projects require compulsory service or an industry of its own ... paid for by taxes. If you're part of a community or a region and you don't think you should have to pitch in your fair share for the good of everyone ... then welcome to the tragedy of the commons ... which eventually leads to robber barons and war.

So free energy and a 20hr work week ... maybe. But no taxes ... probably not.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by area6]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i'd like to add no. 4 from my own personal experience, and experience living overseas *outside of the US*

4. minimal self-sufficiency, or equal knowledge of

alot of people think that just having a small garden, or a few vegetables is a waste of energy but NO WAY. even just having a few herbs around growing in containers is a great way to at least liven up some dishes. talk about being economically sufficient.. eating healthy... and promoting a great enviroment to learn skills in taking care of things and understanding the give and take balance that we as humans rely on living on this planet.

if people understood how the water, the plants, the air and everything is connected and all nutrients cycle from one to the other, there would be less polution, perhaps less companies run by individuals dumping a certain toxic product in one area and expecting it not to eventually find it's way ... into our water, into our homes, etc etc

man, i could go on and on with that line of thought
but to sum up my point, i think we all should have the right to a garden in our backyards, and every city should have enough community garden spaces avaliable for everyone that lives there to have their own space as well, like i said, economically, it releives stress because you don't have to spend as much money on food, health wise, it's ALOT healthier, home grown fresh vegies are much better tasting and slightly nutritionally wise than store bought, hour and day old vegies... and the most important, gardening teaching life skills in ways that no other hobby could

[edit on 6/5/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom or Death

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa

This in all honesty would be great, but would not see it happening sadly. The technology is certainly there ... just not something that would be foreseeable.

I can't really talk ... I don't really have ... I shall refrain ...

Over all good ideas, but do not think they will come to fruition at least not soon sadly.

Oh well you gotta have faith.

The Depression is mid-stream. There is 2 1/2 more years to go.

Total Capitualtion will be achieved by any means neccesary.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c53971b11c9.jpg[/atsimg]

That is true and we shall see what is going to happen in the coming years I suppose. Everything seems to be up in the air at least in terms of my eyes. Here's hoping that "free" energy comes about.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
personally i operate on the barter system, most of my work is cash under-the-table so i am already not paying income tax. i'm trying to figure out a cheap way to set up a small wind turbine and solar cells for my RV, it seems the prices are dropping too - kinda like how memory for a PC used to be hella expensive, now they practically give it away....

i did the math, and a "regular" job would pay around $200/40hr week. i can do 3 or 4 under-the-table jobs and work less than 20hrs and make over $200 - WTF?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6

1) ... a few very smart studies have figured out that we can only support 2 billion people indefinitely with the amount of energy we get from the sun.

2) The agricultural revolution meant that people had to work sun-up to sun-down. Today, energy (oil) does that work for us. So we need even more energy to work less and still live well.

3) No taxes - even if you achieve #1 and #2, there will always be "common projects" that are needed that benefit everyone. Those projects require compulsory service or an industry of its own ... paid for by taxes.

If you're part of a community or a region and you don't think you should have to pitch in your fair share for the good of everyone ... then welcome to the tragedy of the commons ... which eventually leads to robber barons and war.

So free energy and a 20hr work week ... maybe. But no taxes ... probably not.

Sounds like you want to eliminate alot of people.

Elimination of the population is not neccessary. It will however be neccessary to curtail the birth rate.

Can you image 7 Billion people driving SUV's down the highway at 90 MPH and throwing fast food wrappers and boxes out their window?

So apparently you agree with most of the points made as long as population elimination is involved. However you would like to continue to pay taxes into a broken system.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So your post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's not enough to push your ill-conceived idea, one which I pretty much put out of its misery for all people in service related industries? You have to start another thread one day later?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
So your post here:

That's not enough to push your ill-conceived idea, one which I pretty much put out of its misery for all people in service related industries?

I answered your post here and you have not yet replied to it.

Think positive my friend.

All new ideas are scoffed at.

We actually have the knowledge and technology to make all of this happen.

Seriously the only thing lacking is combined will power.

Implemtation is another thing, it may require multiple wars and a global depression to crush the opposition in order to make the vision happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Is it necessary to have two, simultaneous threads about primarily the same topic?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join