It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John "William One Sac" Crawford has passed away...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I never had the privledge to meet you and never had the privledge to get to know you but I have read some of your stuff and have always enjoyed it.

I am sorry for everyones loss.
ATS lost a founding member but the greatest loss is to the ones who knew him.
You are an inspiration.
I have always had Springer's signature in the back of my mind.
I hope I am privledged enough to know you in the next life.

RIP William One Sac.

I already toasted you as I have told another member but heck...why not twice??
You deserve that and earned it...from a stranger who never knew you.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
RIP.. Thank you for all you have done. You will not be forgotten.

Deebo

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
My Sincerest condolences to the family may they be comforted and may John rest in peace!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
John, I'm so proud and honored to be able to say that I actually got to meet you in person. Three times at that.

Each time in a different setting.

The first time we met was at the Nov. 5th event and even there you helped me to relax when I had a butterfingers moment and deleted a chat room by accident. I look back and laugh at it now, but you saw how nervous I was to have caused a hiccup during a huge event and you helped calm me down in your special way.

The second time was when you filmed the interview that so many folks have watched today. It was such a privilege to have been in the room (and perfectly OUT of camera range) to get to listen to you telling your story live and in person. It was even more of a privilege for me personally because it was your writing that was one of the main reasons I joined this community. What an exciting and fun experience that way.

The third time was when Springer, Crakeur and I came to visit you around a week ago. I was petrified. This would be a difficult visit. Well... it should have been. You introduced us to your family, you made us feel welcome, you gave Springer his birthday card and present. We laughed, shared memories, spoke of good times. My fears were put to rest.

Leaving the hospice I remember the three of us preparing to drive out and saying "That could have been a lot more difficult, but it wasn't because of who he is."

I will never forget you. You inspired me to realize that we need to stand up and make the best of life, no matter what obstacles get thrown at us. You made me realize that I have no excuse to sit down and say "poor me" when things aren't going my way, because you had a million reasons to say "poor me" and you never did.

I am truly a better and stronger person because of you, John.

To his family, thank you for sharing him with us, we are all better for it.

Till we meet again my friend.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well Sir William One Sac, I am not sure if I ever had the chance of reading any of your posts, but if you were one of the founding members of ATS, I think we all owe you are great deal of gratitude for the knowledge and wisdom you brought upon us. Thank you!

Hopefully, your soul is in an alien spaceship zooming through the stars like we all wish for in death. May peace be with you sir.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
RIP. Question though - why was he called "William One-Sac"? Is there a story behind that?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Im amazed that with all these alternative treatments for cancer on ats and out there, he didnt heal. Make me wonder just how much of these methods are total scam

Do you know if John tried some of these alternative treatments?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for everything you have done for this community, you will truly be missed.

Rest In Peace John

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is so sad! Usually I do not "know" ATSers who die, but William One Sac's death surely hits home. He will be remembered here well I am sure!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Rest in peace.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Remember, there is no death, only life

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Springer

While I did not know William One Sac in person, he never made you feel any lesser than you were, and in dealing with him as a fellow ATS'ers, and through the TinWiki, he was always a positive force for our commitment to Deny Ignorance

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus by :William Ernest Henley

A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

David Herbert Lawrence

Beautiful.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It is my belief that death is a new beginning and not an end. In gratitude I thank John for all that he has done. Much sympathy to his family and friends. May the memory of knowing him bring comfort and peace. Wishing you all strength and courage at this difficult time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Rest in Peace. I too have lost an online friend to Cancer, someone who helped found a place for people to game together for fairness, friendship and fun. Hew is sorely missed, and so will William.

link   
A true measure of an exceptional human being is not in how long they lived, nor how they died. it is in how they lived, and from this thread it is abundantly clear that John Crawford was one of those rare exceptional human beings who despite leaving this world too soon will live on through the many lives he has touched, even those who never knew him personally.

He is not lost, or gone but totally free.

His journey home is complete now, ours continues...

link   
Rest In Peace Mr. Crawford.

He can no longer suffer any pain where he is at now.
God bless his family and friends in their time of grief.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No More Secrets Now John the truth blazes before and through you.

Thank you for the lesson on how to cope with lifes adversities indeed.

I said to you when you first became ill,

You have to get better who else will show us the truth from the lies, and guide us through 2012 and beyond.

Your response as you know touched me mate and was typical of your personality, humble but strong, optimistic and fighting but other centered approach.

Guide us still from your new home John.

Deeply Saddened, one of the brightest lights on the internet has gone out today.

Johns family you are sincerly in my prayers now.

Elf

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Rest Well John.. WOS...

While you may be absent in body, your inspiration and you will live forever...

Semper

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Such a thoughtful post, thank you for sharing, I didn't know him, but your post made me think I knew him through you.

RIP, William.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Rest In Peace WOS many thanks for what u have given to all of us (ATS) members you will not be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
John, we never shared even one word between us, but your truths and influence have shaped the great place that ATS is today, and your gentleness has given us a high bar to shoot for in our interactions with others.

You've broken the chains of your physical body, so now you can fly and see behind the veil of knowledge we can only dream about.

I love your smile. Strange for me to feel a loss for someone I never knew directly, but only through their works. I pray we can rise to the challenge of laying down footprints as encompassing as yours.

Now you can dance.

Much respect,

Argentus

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join