It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John "William One Sac" Crawford has passed away...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Many ATS members who have been around a while will know that William One Sac is one of the founding members of AboveTopSecret.com. He's been the Lead Administrator here for ages...

Some of you will know he's been battling a most brutal case of cancer for the past 5 years.

What you may not know is throughout his battle he never once complained, never once showed any signs of self pity, no, he was always thinking of everyone else and how he could help them.

He always had a smile and a "how can I help" whenever we saw him. He was the most selfless person I've ever met.

John ended his battle with that horrid disease today in the hospice center near his home on Long Island. I say "ended" because after watching him live the past 7 years I won't say "lost".

Bill "Skeptic Overlord" wrote a tribute to John that puts into words the essence of John, so please read on...

As we go about our day to day existence, encountering someone with a passion for new knowledge and the uncovering of truths is an all too rare happenstance. Rarer still is a such a person who, while relentless in his path of discovery, remains a uniquely kind and gentle soul. Among such people, there are a scarce few who inspire us to do better, be better, and follow in their company. And among those, there are the uncommon treasures of humanity who have touched millions, and each has become the better for it.

John Crawford was such a man.

John was that unique peerless soul who felt compelled to ask difficult questions and seek answers, no matter the nature of the truth to come. His passion for the truth and knowledge was surpassed only by his gentle kindness and wit. Not content to seek answers in solitude, John shared his views, his ideas, his questions, and his answers on the Internet for all to read. And we did read. Millions of people discovered John, his answers, his kindness, and his passion for discovery. No one can encounter his words and not be enriched.

In 2004, John was stricken with debilitating cancer.

Even the strongest among us cower in fear over the prospect of this dreaded disease. Not John. He continued his passion for difficult questions and hard to find answers. His humor and selflessness continued unabated. He shook his fist defiantly in the face of cancer and said, "you won't change me." And John became a hero to all those people who read his words and learned his plight. A role-model for all who face adversity.

We, the owners of The Above Network, LLC will honor the memory of this singular man form now on. We are working diligently to get a new, non profit foundation established in his honor and will make announcement when that work is done.

Finally, here is a link to a video interview we did with him last fall while Bill and I were in New York City for a seminar. In spite of being ravaged by cancer and the most brutal chemotherapy protocol available, you see his natural kindness and positive outlook come shining through in this video...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

John Vincent "William One Sac" Crawford will forever be remembered as long as The Above Network, LLC is in business, we'll have more on that later, and we truly hope all 18 million people who have read his work over the past 7 years will take a moment out of their day to think a kind thought for such a wonderful human being.

The Amigos...

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Rest In Peace, John

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
John, your suffering is over, rest in peace, my friend...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Rest in eternal peace Mr. Crawford

I believe his legacy will live on in the good work he did here at ATS, and that is the most any man can ask for. To have made a positive mark on the world and to be remembered as someone who gave of themselves generously.

link   
RIP W.O.S.
You were,AND ALWAYS WILL BE,an inspiration and a true gentleman.

Give them what for out there.
T.

link   
Bless your family and friends - all of those who loved you and will never forget you. Peace to all of you.

[edit on June 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

link   
Thanks, John!
R.I.P.

link   
I actually had to lower my coffee and stop my day for a moment there. That is quite sobering, both as a remembrance of ones own mortality and of the general injustice of this chaotic and bizarre world. I've been here for far too long; back when Skeptic just had the username William and this will little more than a glorified geocities board. I remember W.O.S. as always being almost unbearably kind and helpful, and this actually quite saddens me.

“For death begins with life's first breath And life begins at touch of death”
- John Oxenham

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Somewhere I can hear him laughing and with a wink saying...

"I knew it! I knew it all along"

Thank you for being there for us John, you will be missed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Rest in peace John, and all my love to the good and loyal friends he left behind.

link   
Good by John (WOS), peace be with you in your search for truth.

link   
RIP .... you will be missed but remembered with love.

link   
RIP John. I was proud to have known you even for a very short time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Having just lost a very good friend to cancer, i can only offer my sincere condolences.

Much love to his friends and famil and colleagues.

RIP

(Thankyou for the hard work on this site)

Mr L

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
John, you will be missed. Rest peacefully.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
RIP John.

Your name was always one that went hand in hand with ATS. Always did, always will.

The place won't be the same without you, but will always be what it is because of you.

An inspiration to all.

Thank you.

CX.

[edit on 4/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Fly now, free

A great inspiration, never to be forgotten.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dear Sweet John,

I loved you from afar. I will miss you until I see you again. I am so glad you are not hurting and struggling and battling anymore.

Rest in Peace (and put a good word in for me...I need all the help I can get!)

*HUGS KISSES AND LOVE TO YOU*

To John's Family,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers have been with you and John during this terrible time. I will continue to think of you and pray for God's mercy and grace for you during your time of grieving.

Kindest Regards,
Valhall.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Treacherous disease.
I can only hope he is now experiencing the peace such a man deserves.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Rest in peace. My condolences and prayers go out to his close friends and family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join