It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I absolutely agree that not producing our own food is a big part of this. We have moved so far from the times when it was feasible for most people to do so though, that I dont think we can get back there anytime soon.

But we COULD buy as many of our animal products as possible from local producers, or in some way vote with our dollars for producers that were humane to their animals.

I do know that for some, no animal products are good products. But I think we need to be reasonable. We are not going to make people all become vegetarians. Its not doable, and it may not even be practical health wise for some people. But we could insist on truly humane treatment for those animals we do sacrifice for our benefit. Which would drive up cost, but since we over consume anyway, it would probably be in our best interests to use less animal products.

We might even make up the extra dollars spent on humane treatment in lowered medical costs overall.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I'm glad I read some of the responses in this thread before watching the
video. Thank-you all for saving me from going to an extreme emotional
state. Emotions of hatred and/or anger cause internal medical issues.

A guy in our neighboring suburb received 14 years in jail for kicking a
dog that was peeing on his lawn last month. Hopefully the judicial
system will punish the animal abusers in the video to the fullest
extent possible, which will deter future abuses on other farms. -cwm

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If I end up being wrong folks, that is a good thing and I'll personally send them a check. If I'm right though?

What if a creep who is drawing salaries from multiple animal rights groups that do nothing for animals, took part of his huge income and paid a couple of lowlifes to go to work for a Dairy and stage this?

If that is the case, the innocent company could be harmed, innocent employees could be harmed and people could be tricked out of their life insurance based on what amounts to legal fraud through deception.

If that video is staged the OP has a far larger story than they imagined.

Anyone not lying or a sick sociopath themselves that has been around ranches and dairies will tell you how pampered the animals are. Dairy Cows simply will not give milk or give enough milk if they are not pampered. It is a FACT. No Dairy whether large or small would allow its people to do things that would make the Cows give less milk. It just does not happen, period end of subject.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

14 years for kicking a dog? That is way way overboard, reactionary and stupid. Are you sure it want 14 months?

One has to watch around animals these days....someone is always watching...trying to build a case...heck you would get less time if your precious dog killed someone.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock

They dont deserve a trial or sympathy of any sort. They deserve to be shot, and then fed to those cows.

The cows wouldn't bother with them.

I think an apt punishment for these scum would be to try crowbar this guy and see who is the bigger man:

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
What if a creep who is drawing salaries from multiple animal rights groups that do nothing for animals, took part of his huge income and paid a couple of lowlifes to go to work for a Dairy and stage this?

If that is the case, the innocent company could be harmed, innocent employees could be harmed and people could be tricked out of their life insurance based on what amounts to legal fraud through deception.

Did you watch the video? I am guessing not, because the OWNER of the farm was one of the people filmed abusing the animals.

So, unless the owner was hired to ruin his own business, there is a problem with the theory.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Look I am not going to get into the vegan meat eater thing. I eat meat, I love meat. I also think that my food should be treated with as much kindness and respect throughout their entire life. I know farmers who treat their animals very well, almost like pets.

These beasts (and not the cattle) should be treated the same as they have done to these animals. I feel so terribly sorry to see these cattle treated in such a manner. God this video was something terrible to watch, I cannot lie about that. I have seen some very terrible things in video and in real life. I still think this video is hard to watch, I would not suggest anyone who is even remotely sensitive to watch it. The sounds are what made the video the worst. I could nearly feel the pain the cattle were feeling. If I had been the person filming I would have had to have taken a beating or dished one out, but I would have had to try to stop it.

I would like nothing more than to see the beasts (again not the cattle) suffer the same treatment this gave the animals in the video.

Animals whether raised for food or whatever should be treated with respect and never tortured. These animals did nothing to deserve the treatment they received. I only hope they are done with the suffering and pain even if that means they are dead.

Raist

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by susp3kt

How would you feel if you found out this video is staged and members of the fake animal rights group were the men in the video abusing the animals? That is most certainly what is going on here.

So what are you saying? That the cows beaten in the video are CGI cows or that someone willingly allowed themselves to be taped beating on an animal?

Originally posted by Neopan100
Suspect in Mercy For Animals Video In Custody
(Edited for size concerns)
Union County Sheriff Rock Nelson announced Wednesday that Billy Joe Gregg, age 25, of Delaware County was arrested and charged with a dozen counts of cruelty to animals, a second degree misdemeanor.
"This investigation began this morning when we were called to the Conklin Farm to provide security while they terminated an employee

So, they got Billyjoebobbubbaray for givin a whompin to the cows.
What about Gary Conklin who was featured in the video? Will he be charged as well?

the Department will provide ongoing security to the farm and the family due to violent threats made in the hours following the video's release on the internet.
The wide attention this story has received in the media and on the internet has caused a considerable strain on the Sheriff's Department's resources

Well GOLDERNIT as I recon when I needed the Sheriff to do some a protectin fer me I had to do it myself or have my kinfolk help me.
I say if they need additional protection for their mistakes then they should pay extra cash.

WOW only a 750$ fine and up to 90 days in jail...that's it??????????????

I wonder if we could get the same deal for beating these same inbred bubbarays?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yes I watched the video. You are saying the owner would reduce his own Cows production by a large amount on purpose to make less money? Ok, that would be a first. A Dairy Owner who does not want to make money?

Dairies are not big money makers in the first place. That is why they tend to be so large and why the small ones don't survive. A ten percent reduction in milk production by the Cows is financial suicide.

Do you know that supposed Animal Rights Group well enough to state that they are honest and the people running it are honest? It will do no harm if I check them out.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I dont know the video group at all. I am saying that it is highly unlikely the people in the video were hired by that group that filmed this to ruin an innocent business, because one of the people on the video abusing the cows was the OWNER.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Add my name to those calling for his head, but I won't stop my research on that group. No credible organization asks people to give them their life insurance that I've ever seen.

They could be both right about that one person and still be a money pit for some bad people.

If I'm wrong and that money is going to animal welfare I'll admit it. Until I know, I don't see any reason to not continue.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's official. I am officially ashamed to be a member of the species known as Homo sapien. If there is no punishment for these people, then I give up on everything. Justice is a joke if these men don't get their comeuppance. What a pathetically disheartening existence... To live each day only to be tortured into pain and suffering with no cause. I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone or anything, except the men carrying out that horrible treatment. I sincerely hope that karma comes back and verily destroys these men. This is the closest I have ever been to embarking on a campaign to assassinate an entire group of people (those in this very video). I swear before everything good and honorable that if I didn't have a family to feed, these men would not live to see another week.

Maybe some other vigilante will take up the mantle and DESTROY these monsters.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ATS Team:

It's just been reported on Radio 2GB in Sydney that these guys have been charged with animal cruelty based on this video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I watched the whole video. All I can say is there is a special place in hell reserved for scum like this.

Pathetic wastes of life and I hope they get what they deserve and are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Wow, 14 years for kicking a dog? Jeez, the judge should be kicked in head for that. If that is true then we "people" have gotten our priorities WAY out of order. You'll get less time killing a man involuntarily or beating another man within inches of his/her life. Kicking a dog or urinating on his lawn shouldn't be more a day in the fishtank. Even if it was 14 months sentencing, thats beyond ridiculous.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

so treat the animals with kindness and respect , right up until the point that you would have them killed, so you can eat.
makes total sense to me! i know i want my food to have the very best possible existence, even if it means i have to end their entire experince on this earth so i can enjoy some tasty BBQ!!!! after all there is no other way aorund it with no other cheaper, healthier, non murdered food sources that i have easy access to .
oh wait.....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
reply to post by Raist

so treat the animals with kindness and respect , right up until the point that you would have them killed, so you can eat.
makes total sense to me! i know i want my food to have the very best possible existence, even if it means i have to end their entire experince on this earth so i can enjoy some tasty BBQ!!!! after all there is no other way aorund it with no other cheaper, healthier, non murdered food sources that i have easy access to .
oh wait.....

So you are going to make this into a vegan vs. meat eater post after I said I was not going to get into that?

There are ways to make death less painful and very quick. A quick death is a good thing. Or would you rather they suffer a long death with a lot of pain? That can happen as they grow old as well.

Again I am not going into the vegan vs. meat eater stuff. I have my life style you have yours. Leave it at that and move on. I do not push my life style on you so I ask politely you do not try to push yours onto me. Please kindly take your agenda and place it in an area that the rays of the sunlight cannot reach.

How hard is it to stay on topic? You know the guys abusing animals, animals that should not be abused.

Raist

Edit: spelling

[edit on 5/26/10 by Raist]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Everybody is understandably worked up about this..however, lets not loose our morals just because they lost theirs......somebody has to act like the human in this situation.
Also, I would not advise making any kind of violent threats promising that YOU intend to hurt them.....could be misinterpreted by the law.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
ATS Team:

It's just been reported on Radio 2GB in Sydney that these guys have been charged with animal cruelty based on this video.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

G'day Again.....

I definitely heard this in their news bulletin, but I won't have time to check this out.

Someone will need to verify that these low b______s have been busted.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by super genius

The Native Americans had the best outlook on animals. They believe all animals are our brothers. They respect the animal. To them, humans are just another animal. Just as the cougar hunts the deer and kills it for food, so does man hunt the buffalo. Man was made to hunt, just like other carnivores. We are omnivores, not true carnivores, but we are also not herbivores. The human body needs meat.

But never, ever should an animal be treated in this way. Animals are to be respected. This is true evil.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join