It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's a link to the story about this sicko being arrested:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

CLEVELAND — A dairy farm worker was charged Wednesday with 12 counts of cruelty to animals after a welfare group released a video it says shows him and others beating cows with crowbars and poking them with pitchforks.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That is the most disgusting thing I've ever saw! What was the purpose in doing that? I think the people responsible should have the same things done to them !! I mean, really...my God...that is just sick !!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm back hat in hand.

I have their financial information now and this is a well run organization. However it would appear no animals are helped which does not surprise me as the Vegans obvious goal is the elimination of Domestic Animals.

I apologize for going overboard yesterday, but my opinion of asking for peoples life insurance still stands. That is unethical when you are using video's like they produce to invoke such strong emotion that people will be enticed to do a stupid thing.

What angers me the most is actually the idea that people who deny their own species would go to such lengths to deny others their natural diets and I've never met a Vegan who was not also very radical and irrational in their views.

I also hate the unspoken idea that all farmers and ranchers abuse their animals which is in fact the message they wish to convey. There is no difference in spreading this video and a Pro-Life person spreading video's of an infants head being crushed in the birth canal. Same thing exactly. They should have given the evidence to the police and then reported the offense but the video is for other reasons. It is to shock and use as a fund-raising tool.

That man is as unique to Farmers and Ranchers as a mass murderer is to the general population.

I'll just leave it at this is a legitimate organization but don't expect your money to directly benefit any animals. They are promoting the Vegan lifestyle through shock video's.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Lets hope the sick bastards who did this gets the same done to them in prison on a daily basis.

Probably no need to hope-karma exists,they will learn.

And no one deserves to learn more than those subhuman demons who did this.

After they get let out of prison,if they survive,they should be sent to live in India,and their crimes made very public.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Simply disgusting but thanks for sharing

I hate animal abuse and I could only watch a few seconds of the video before I felt ill but I hope the farm has been shut down and those 'cow'ardly people have all been summoned to court or something.

Airease

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Crimson_King

I was raised on Farms and Ranches. That video is staged, period end of subject.

Won't we find out, isn't there a law, someone will be prosecuted if it is real.right.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Thank YOU for bringing this to our attention. Hope you feel much better soon!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I agree that many vegans hold naive views about completely abolishing "animal slavery" but that is unrealistic. I think the stereotype that vegans are all extremists is because the extremist vegans are the most vocal. For most vegans, their diet just isn't that big of a deal. I'm sure there are foods you avoid - but you don't go around telling other people they shouldn't eat them. I've never liked mayonnaise but couldn't care less if other people eat it.

We need animals to farm properly, and I also don't believe that everyone can thrive on a vegan diet.

I don't have much farming knowledge, but I do know we need to farm bees to pollinate our crops. I think having animals graze, like sheep/goats/cows the land is kept healthy. I'm sure there are plenty of examples of sustainable farming practices that require the help of farm animals.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You know, I find it funny how that piece of # owner of the farm says they won't tolerate animal abuse, etc. YET he is clearly shown on the video kicking the cow in the head.

I'm glad the one "main guy" in the video got arrested and charged with 12 counts of animal abuse. Can't believe the sick f*cks out here these days.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Wow

It almost seemed staged.

Here's a video of a chicken farm I found in an uber-rare old film:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Those people need to be executed or thrown in jail for a long time. They are psychopathic and animal abuse is a precursor to doing the same to humans. Basically serial killers in the making.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I saw another poster say something along the lines of "I watched the whole thing to get the whole perspective" and I did the same.

After seeing the entire video, I have to say first of all that I am very pleased that G-D created such beasts of burden for my work, or for my meal, and he created them to be worked to the bone, and to die for any cause of my own.

And with that said, I have to say it is not sad to consume a beast in in its many forms of work, and food, and to respect its place of submission to us.

But to not respect the animal, and to be cruel, is indeed the evil that men do so easily wield.

I have removed the warm parts of a previously living deer many times, and each time it is quite an honor to RESPECTFULLY end its life, use its body, enjoy its meat.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If such behavior is so accepted at this facility that this man was comfortable enough to engage in abuse in front of the camera, that's a sign. The place should be closely evaluated, monitored, and possibly shut down.

What this man was doing was horrific. Disgusting. No doubt. Outrage toward the individual is an completely appropriate response. (It is unlikely that I would have had the self control to not demonstrate the business end of a pitchfork in his backside... Or Worse.)

However, making a judgement about the entire dairy industry, and even all industries that rely on animals based on this one man in this video specifically, or even others in several videos is foolish.

This mans behavior was beyond the norm. That is not to say that callousness and even brutality does not occur everyday in such agrarian based occupations working with animals; but this was several, very large steps out of bounds well into criminality, and possibly psychosis.

Please remember that the people who make such videos have an agenda. Finding such a sick individual was a veritable gold mine for them. They will only show you the lunatics. The brutes. They will not show you the many people that work with animals within these industries that are empathetic and actually know what they are doing.

What I have been taught about handling cows usually amounts to 'softer, softer, slower, kinder', and these are ranchers. Die hard, cowboy-up, smokin', drinkin', weathered, leather-faced ranchers. Beating an animal just to beat it is a good way to get your own a$$ kicked around here.

If that idiot had tried mangling a calf that way in front of most of the people I know, he would have been a smear, in short order.

On that note. I'll risk pretensiousness and leave you with a quote that sums it up better than I ever could...

"There is a certain consideration, and a general duty of humanity, that binds us not only to the animals, which have life and feeling, but even to the trees and plants.

We owe justice to men, and kindness and benevolence to all other creatures who may be susceptible of it.

There is some intercourse between them and us and some mutual obligation."

-Michael De Montaigne

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At the risk of being labeled callous and jaded, the entire video smell of preemptive environmental superfluity, it looks contrived and phoney.

This happens every time a preborn baby child is aborted except the baby human is not just injured, it dies.

With all the outpouring of shock, grief, disgust, horror, and other intense emotions for some cattle, I wonder where this same reaction is for fellow humans who are treated worse and in the end die.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

With all the outpouring of shock, grief, disgust, horror, and other intense emotions for some cattle, I wonder where this same reaction is for fellow humans who are treated worse...

So we should all just pick one problem and everyone get around that cause and just forget about the others? Bringing attention to one cruelty does not negate the need for attention to others. Cruelty to animals, and to humans is both wrong. Thank goodness there are enough people around to fight all of the causes even if no one person fights them all.

This "farm", or should I say business, should be shut down. The actions filmed would not have occurred if the work environment had not been conducive to it and the owners complicit. At the very least, people should boycott the business.

There is a part of me that would like to see the end of giant industrial farms where living creatures become only "products" and commodities.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
This happens every time a preborn baby child is aborted except the baby human is not just injured, it dies.

With all the outpouring of shock, grief, disgust, horror, and other intense emotions for some cattle, I wonder where this same reaction is for fellow humans who are treated worse and in the end die.

Good question. I often wonder where the shock, grief, disgust and horror and other similar emotion are from the right to life crowd when the subject in question is the abuse, killing, torturing, etc., of already born humans in various stages of development. Generally speaking, they are absent, or often, there is a rabid appetite for the slaughtering of adult humans among those tender hearted towards fetuses.

But thats really beside the point in this thread, isnt it?

This isnt even about vegetarianism and meat eating. This is about what we as a society should tolerate in terms of cruelty to animals that are clearly alive and aware, that will in the end (like it or not) be slaughtered for our benefit. It is also about these specific individuals, and what should be done with them. This isnt a debate about abortion.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Bond for one of the main offenders, Billy Joe Gregg, has been set at $100k.

He's quite a bit of work - he asked to be let go so he could take an exam to be a cop in Ohio.

Bond set at $100,000 for farm worker accused of animal cruelty

Gregg told the judge he has moved a lot because of a six-year stint in the Army. His military service could not immediately be confirmed.

Gregg asked to be released from jail because he has an upcoming appointment with the Department of Veterans Affairs for his military disability, which he did not identify.

On the tape provided by Mercy For Animals, Gregg can he seen bringing guns into the farm's milkhouse, firing them on the property and talking about stealing M-16s from the U.S. Army while he was stationed in Iraq.

Gregg said in court today that he is scheduled soon to take his Ohio police officer's examination, and needed to be there for that.

"I know these charges are serious, but if I don't take that test I'll be in even more dire financial straights," he told the judge.

He also told the judge he needed to be home to take care of his own animals. Grigsby ordered that, if he is released from jail, he have no contact with animals.

Good Lord - can you imagine if this guy hadn't been caught and got a badge?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yeah, I think the people of Ohio dodged a bullet on that one. We can clearly see how this guy exercises power, anyone who would beat the hell out of an innocent little calf is probably not going to be too concerned with the civil rights of some crack head somewhere.

Thats all the country needs, sociopaths with authority and guns. Oh wait......

[edit on 30-5-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Animals that are used in food production are abused every day. They lead miserable, short lives, & die a cruel, bloody death. Chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese & other poultry don't have any legal protections in USA whatsoever. IMO, anyone who buys animal products, especially meat, is contributing to pain & suffering on this planet. If it weren't for people's financial support, the abuse of animals would end, & this world might be a much better place.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by someotherguy]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
this is my first time viewing this video; but really it seems like who cares. if i tell some woman about it, supposedly a representation of her form; she says i dont want to hear it. so people turn their heads at the sound of even hearing of "such an atrocity". and people who view it are damned to become that which they have a bleeding heart over.so its best to be niggrish about it?

i personally feel all false cowards are the blame for this as well as all the other issues stemming from the right cowards not being where god placed them.i could get racial, but we all know what happened to people who listened to uncle sams cries.

personally if i am attacked from the point of existence from a cows "creation"(headaches after eating meat) then is it my fault the cow was beaten, or the cows fault for loving her beater and not respecting itself as my meal.

this is only serious to people who want to get involved. all the people who choose to ignore this will be the ones doing the beatings.but i say unto you; it is not your place to be a warden unto my fields, even if the cow desires your company.

the real truth of the matter is this is an occurrence that is not new and will continue to occur unto entropy.i say this because if you find it right now to do as you will as an american; but find yourself being a good american by governing my own governance:you are being the cow and i the warden, for i have not granted you the power over my will in no means possible to govern as you see fit my products and creations: thusly including the mind of god that you extol for acceptance.

the funny thing about this is that i hate cows after watching this video.i mean how could a woman eat meat and call herself a woman but not want to hear of these "atrocities?!"and if a woman wants to ignore this; they are not goddesses and cows are not representative of a goddess form excluding what is supposedly a goddess form that is woman.

in someones sick mind the guy doing the beating is doing us all a favor.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join