It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Something to think about, if daddy does this at work, how does he treat his children.

Mean is mean.

My guess is this guy carries this behavior over to his home life.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I watched the first 5 seconds of this and cried, I haven't cried in 10 years and have seen a lot of violence, just not against animals. I closed my eyes and imagined beating the crap out of that bastard.

Ironically, I am actually in mid viewing of Food inc. the documentary, was getting a bit bored with the fact that the writer was agonising over the plight of the humans who are being exploited by big corporations, seemingly overlooking the much more depressing fate which awaits the animals bred for slaughter- in the most inhumane (I don't care if they aren't human) disgusting way possible.

Was having a break and checked up on ATS, I'm glad I have because sometimes we need to see these things in order to generate the sense of purpose and energy to try to do something about it. Watching the doc would not have done this, but seeing this video has really got me fired up!

For me, acts like these completely overshadow any goodness in the humaan race, we should all be wiped out.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is exactly why I like animals better than people. I'm a cop and people hate me. I find solace in my 12 cats and the geese at the local lake where I work. People are just disgusting...myself included. I think that the things that were done to these cattle should be done right back to the people that did it. What a bunch of ignorant redneck jerks. WTF!!!
Seeashrink

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Only two of their offices are registered of the ones they list and they have the "50% deductibility" limitation.

You leave your Life Insurance to them, your real heirs have to pay taxes on half of the gift.

The search continues.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Izarith

Something to think about, if daddy does this at work, how does he treat his children.

Mean is mean.

My guess is this guy carries this behavior over to his home life.

great point! and you probably right and if he hasn't yet it's probably only a matter of time or alcohol

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Stagged or not, that was a real cow gettting it's head kicked in.

Read Slaughter House by Gail Eisnitz.

Since dairy farming has been taken over by corporations, it's not even the same animal. Sorry no, I don't buy cows reared in factory farms receive the same care our cows received.

I've seen too many videos like this one.

Thousands of calves are taken from their mothers within hours of being born. The separation of dairy cows and their newborn calves is very traumatic for both. Desperate cows can bellow for days in the hope of being reunited with their babies.

Female calves are kept for the dairy industry, she will be inseminated at 15 months to start her gruelling life as a milk machine. The poor bullcalves are just byproducts of milk production. Many are shot at birth.
Many calves die, but most will go to markets where they are abused and cruelly treated, prodded with sticks to make them walk around the ring, so young, sometimes just days old, they can barely walk properly.

His mother will be put in calf again within three months. She is pregnant for 9 months again. This will continue until she is about 4 or 5 then she will be sent to the slaughterhouse. Hundreds of dairy cows like her will be sent to slaughter in calf, they are cut from their bodies, and used in byproducts in food. By the end of her short life, she will be physically exhausted. She would have developed lameness from the extreme weight of her udders, and mastitis, ulcers on her legs, from the size of her udders. She will spend seven months inside on hard concrete floors, causing very painful foot sores. Happy healthy cows can have a long life of around 25 years, hers is cut short in just 4 or 5.

Throughout her cruel and overworked life, she would never get to love just one of the calves she gave a life to.. They were torn away, sent to market, and exported in horrendous conditions with no food or water for hours on end to Europe, to be put into wooden crates, a solitary confinement.. only wide enough to stand and lie down. This prevents muscle from developing, keeping their young flesh tender ready for the dining table. This is their home until they are between 16 and 20 weeks old, still babies, they will be slaughtered by being hung up, and having their throats cut.

The sawed-off legs of cows are collected in barrels-they will later be rendered into fertilizer, dog and cat food, or feed for pigs and chickens in factory farms.

If you are like me and love and respect animals, please show compassion for these very badly treated animals and their young. Please remember when you drink milk, what misery and pain it took to get there, and the calves who suffer trauma, cruelty, confinement, all without the love and comfort, they were deprived of from their mothers. And finally the tragic end to their lives

www.squidoo.com...

We never gave our cows growth hormones - this is a common procedure now "to make them produce more milk" Now, ask yourself, why are people, kids getting so fat? Could it be the growth hormones in our milk by any chance carried over from the hormones they shoot the cows up with?

Though they can live to be 25 years old, most dairy cows are slaughtered at around 5 years old when their milk production slows down, as they are worn out from a lifetime spent pregnant and pumped for milk.
Though they would normally suckle for 6 to 12 months, calves are taken from their mothers within 1 to 2 days of birth, a painful separation for them both.

While some of their sisters are raised as cattle for meat and others as dairy cows to one day replace the herd, male calves are used for veal meat, subjecting them to a short lifetime alone, confined to a tiny crate that limits their movement so as to keep their muscles as "tender" as possible.

Dairy cows are horribly overworked, which one expert has compared to a human jogging 6 hours a day, every day of their lives.
Though naturally herbivores, the dairy industry has turned its cows into carnivores, feeding them meat and bone meal, the very practice that has led to the debilitating and dangerous mad cow disease.

Unfortunately, ours is a society that turns a blind eye to this unnecessary suffering, and our mainstream media typically makes it pretty easy. I'm on both the PETA and Humane Society's email lists, so I see undercover video of animal abuse all the time. It's not often that these videos make the network news, but I saw one make it through the other night on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.

The Humane Society filmed undercover video of dairy cows being abused by workers at Hallmark Meat Packing Co., which which sells beef to sister company Westland Meat in California. These cows were so sick, that they couldn't stand, but workers were poking them with sticks, ramming them with forklifts, dragging them by their legs, and spraying them in the face with high-pressure water hoses -- all in an apparent attempt to agitate the cows so badly that they would get up and walk themselves to slaughter.
animalawakening.blogspot.com...

Any animal raised on any big corporational farm is not pampered.

They are looked upon as a number, corporations run on profit not pamper.

I do Workers Comp for some of the Ohio Dairies and the injuries are bitting and kicking and we're talking thousands of injuries per year.

I grew up around cows and none of our cows would ever bit or kick us, because we were nice to them.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That stupid idiot

I think someone should punish him like that.

least see if he likes it.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yes there were years ago thousands of small faimly dairy operations that were put out of bussness by the big milk monopolies. They drove down prices, passed laws ect.

One dairy guy I talked to a few years back said they dump, and are required to, so many chemicals in the milk that its not even milk anymore.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Ignorance breeds fear

fear breeds hatred

hatred breed violence

They're afraid, feel like they are out of control of there world.

So they act in a way that makes them feel like they've got clear control of if not over there own life then something else.

Its the same as bullies, child abusers and authority figures.

I pity them to be that weak

This bears repeating. I thought for a second you were quoting Yoda, but you really understand the "cycle" at work here. There is ANOTHER very important reason to NOT allow animal cruelty that seems to escape people who constantly berate organizations like PETA: When humans torture animals, they become worse human beings. Serial killers torture animals and so do people who grow up to be callous sell-outs with no remorse.

It does not HURT humanity, nor is it every necessary to be cruel just because you choose to eat meat.

But I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian more and more because of Cloned Cattle, and that I know that KFC cannot call their meat chicken, because it is genetically engineered animals without feathers, beaks or feet.

The people who abuse animals are also people who will feed you anything. A lack of compassion and empathy is like a cancer in our souls, and that is infecting our society -- I say this as a very rational person who is NOT religious in the least. It's just simpler to say it like that than to draw out HOW in great detail, we are influenced by fear and hate at a biological level. IN tribal societies, psychopaths could be weeded out. In our corporate society, the least moral who can pretend morality will get promoted. This is ultimately what leads to Deep ocean leaks.

This is all connected. It's why I'm against Nuclear Power and Oil Drilling -- not that it cannot be done safely, but because you will always get someone doing their worst to make a buck -- always. It's best not to allow for such profit motives in the first place and stick to things like solar power that with a little effort could easily surpass these other forms of energy.

And we need to stop abusing animals for the same reason -- we are connected with what we do and what we feed on and how we live sustainably.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
The rest of the animals you will note, people don't even mention in a disaster, a flood a volcano they always say ...such and such number of people were killed or injured, they are nothing to most people!Or less then nothing!

One of the saddest videos I have watched in recent years was about all the animals left behind in Katrina. So many of their owners tried desperately to go back in and get them, but they were not allowed. So many of their owners tied to evacuate them with them, and were not allowed. (Those who had to go to shelters or use buses to get out.) You are right. We dont even get to hear about how disasters affect animals usually.

Though I often wonder how in the world we will ever get people to take animal rights seriously when we only pay lip service to human rights. The word "humane" often strikes me as a sad joke.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow that is hard to watch, I mean it is very cruel to do this. Now that I think about it I would love to have a Wendy's triple burger about now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow. Words are indescribable for how horrific that is.. I am ashamed America has let this go on. There seems to be strong evidence more and more of animal abuse, and other cases. America turns a blind eye to all of these, while we focus on our precious oil spills. We don't care if we are harming creatures of this earth, we just want more money in our pocket and a nice pat on the back for doing the right things for large company's. Good job America.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Yes there were years ago thousands of small faimly dairy operations that were put out of bussness by the big milk monopolies. They drove down prices, passed laws ect.

You bring up a very good point, and that is that our desire for "cheap" products is often the cause behind the cruelty.

I know people will say "well people cant afford to pay more," etc. but the fact is, we (in the US) eat way more meat than we NEED to. We waste more meat than people in generations past ate. I dont advocate giving up meat for everyone. Thats unrealistic. But if we were willing to do with less, by being willing to pay more and eating it less frequently, we could treat the animals humanely.

It is our individual desire for more, more, more, and cheaper that leads to a lot of suffering. Both human and animal.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Someone needs to go all boondock saints on these animal abusers. Only a vigilante could inflict the type of pain and punishment these guys deserve.

They dont deserve a trial or sympathy of any sort. They deserve to be shot, and then fed to those cows.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Any animal raised on any big corporational farm is not pampered.

They are looked upon as a number, corporations run on profit not pamper.

I do Workers Comp for some of the Ohio Dairies and the injuries are bitting and kicking and we're talking thousands of injuries per year.

I grew up around cows and none of our cows would ever bit or kick us, because we were nice to them.

sorry to burst your bubble but corporations don't care about any life, human or animal. if you can remember a few weeks ago this big corporation killed a dozen people and is now poisoning the gulf. another month earlier there was a big mine disaster and more people died.

yeah we need to treat animals right but i think we first need to make sure human life is protected from corporations before we go the mile for animals.

these guys who beat those poor defenseless cows may get 90 days and a fine. how much will BP or the mining company people get? zero days and maybe some fines. maybe because they have powerful friends...

we can't respect animal life if we're not capable to appreciate human life first! to the corporation you too are "looked upon as a number" or body and nothing more.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just cried for the first time in 5 years....I didn't even cry in Iraq.........What the hell is happening to this place?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well there has been a large disconect from folks producing thier own meat and food otherwise. This has been the majior factor in all of this if you ask me.

Some are always going to consider any killing and eating a crule thing no matter how well the thing is treated. But to your point yes we could probably eat better even at a cost increase if we bought from smaller local producers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i have never seen something that mad me feel so many emotions at once.

That guy and whoever is filming are defiantly on my hit list.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yes, but it matters to me if the group raising money based on those video's and asking people to leave their life insurance to them is for real or phony like PETA is.

I just submitted a formal request for their latest annual financial statements and reports. Any honest group will comply within a week. If they don't I'll keep digging.

I give in a large way to groups that save animals or contribute to their welfare. Lately there has been a large number of groups started within the last decade that use all their money for payroll and Lobbyists while giving the impression they help animals with the money. You may have seen the multiple news articles on this lately. They even use sound alike names to trick people and are running heart breaking ads to trick people. When you give to them, most of it goes into an Attorneys pocket.

Also paid Board Members and Administrators can draw salaries from multiple organizations at the same time, giving the impression they are only making a normal salary when in fact they pull in huge numbers. That has been going on for a long time.

One huge alarm bell for a bad organization is when they use video's like these or scare people into signing over their life insurance to them. I've never seen a legitimate group do that, ever.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Billy Joe Gregg Jr. is being charged with the abuse seen in that video.
source

He has a facebook page, and by the picture and location it seems to indeed be his facebook. Maybe you would like to let him know how you feel.
Billy Joe Gregg Jr.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join