It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

www.huffingtonpost.com

CLEVELAND (AP/Huffington Post)-- An animal welfare group said Tuesday that a graphic video it secretly recorded shows workers at a dairy farm beating cows with crowbars, stabbing them with pitchforks and punching them in their heads.

The video was recorded in an undercover investigation at Conklin Dairy Farms Inc., said Mercy For Animals, a not-for-profit group that publicizes what it calls cruel practices in the dairy, meat and egg industries and promotes a vegan diet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The video shows workers at the federally-subsidized farm holding down newborn calves and stomping on their heads. It shows one worker wiring a cow's nose to a metal bar near the ground and repeatedly beating it with another bar while it bleeds.

Bad ... what the hell! how can these so called humans do this to innocent defenseless animals? this farm even received 36000$ in federal farm subsidies and $12000 in 2009. tthe farm should be closed and the whole group along with the owner should be sentenced with million dollar fines.

srry mods cant give more content, i met accident today and my right arm is bandaged cant move so typing with left even though its burning bad but wanted to share this story with everyone. pls dnt remove thread.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Just heard about this. My god how can men do such things? Forget it he's not a man, he acts like a stupid child. I couldn't watch that whole video...it was just too much.

I was filled with rage but now it's just a disappointment in humans overall. How much better off would these animals be if we didn't even exist? I'm ashamed to even be part of the same race as these people. Disgusting.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Truekn]

+11 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Where I grew up dairy farms were one family operations, and the farmers loved their cows. Every cow was named and recognised, and they all eagerly queued up for milking time.

The farmers believed that cosseted, loved cows produced more, creamier, milk.

Recently I read a study showing named cows produced more milk.

These guys in the OP are not only cruel assholes, they are stupid cruel assholes.

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Why, oh why do I click on things like this..I do it on LiveLeak, too..I just HAVE to click on horrible things..then I wish I could unwatch it!!

I didnt watch the video, btw..just reading what you wrote was enough..I cant even describe the feeling I feel right now..its beyond rage, horror and despair..

Honestly..I can not say I belong to the race of people that do this..either they are not human, or I am not.

I dont care that there are people out there, and even HERE in ATS, who do not hold animals as important enough to be treated with respect. But to me, they are my spiritual brothers and sisters and are just as important as all life on this planet.

Nothing should be treated this way..no living creature on the face of this planet. I do believe in Karma..and its coming..not soon enough , in my opinion!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ignorance breeds fear

fear breeds hatred

hatred breed violence

They're afraid, feel like they are out of control of there world.

So they act in a way that makes them feel like they've got clear control of if not over there own life then something else.

Its the same as bullies, child abusers and authority figures.

I pity them to be that weak

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
y wuld nyone even stomp on newborn head?? it makes no sense, wat would poking and beating bring?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Ignorance breeds fear

fear breeds hatred

hatred breed violence

They're afraid, feel like they are out of control of there world.

So they act in a way that makes them feel like they've got clear control of if not over there own life then something else.

Its the same as bullies, child abusers and authority figures.

I pity them to be that weak

You are spot on. I always believed that anger is fear turned inside out.

But I sure wish I could walk in there with an AK47..Karma unleashed!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Honestly..I can not say I belong to the race of people that do this..either they are not human, or I am not.

To deny the evil in the hearts of men is to give it strength.

Most if not every human has the capability to perform act like this and worse, the thing that truly gives human morality value, is the ability to resist these actions.

To deny that we have the potential for evil is to deny we have the potential for good.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'll never understand how these videos are filmed.

If i was a guy with a hidden camera and I saw some guy spontaneously start beating, choking and smothering a new born calf I'd kick his ass, i would not just sit there and make sure the camera catches it all.

You can tell this Camera guy was egging him on because the rancher was so open and talkative about it, this would have only happened if the camera guy was enjoying it as well.

You want to stop animal cruelty punch ranchers who do stuff like that square in the nose...hard and tell them you will showing the film to their children so they know what daddy does at work.

Both these animal activist and the people who take their frustrations out on animals make me sick.

I can understand a bunch or a kick on a bad day but torturing a cow and liking it is just wrong man..and so is filing it while doing nothing to stop it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I hope these ignorant spawn of Satan do hard prison time with people who love animals. I could not watch the whole video. They need to be barred from working with animals and owning pets for the rest of their lives. Seriously they need some stiff punishment.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Grew up on a dairy farm. This is a corporate farm correct?

I agree with the poster that stated we had names for them and each cow had it's own stall. Nowadays you have tags in the ears that are chipped that identify the animal. They have what is called a parlor operation now that is just a circular milking station. The cows are milked and then release back to a holding area. No stalls and the like.

These idiots would be fired if this was seen by anyone that knows the dairy industry. Cows will not drop their milk if they are upset, frightened or whatever. They have to be relaxed or their milk production goes down.

I would also like you to notice the supplier of the video is a group that calls for the stopping of cow milk for humans. So, I wonder if the group is the one that did this and if they created it for the specific purpose of their agenda.

Of course more than likely not. It is more than likely just some people that should not even work around humans let alone animals.

Now, we use to treat our bull this way. The bulls have to be kept frightened of people. They can kill you and will do it on purpose when pissed or wanting to mount. My father got 4 ribs broken when the bull was a "little" horny.

Yes, I know about artificial insemination. That costs money and we never used it on our farm. We used a registered Holstein for breeding.

This is how real farmers feel about their cattle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6e44d6a6bd1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

To deny the evil in the hearts of men is to give it strength.

Most if not every human has the capability to perform act like this and worse, the thing that truly gives human morality value, is the ability to resist these actions.

To deny that we have the potential for evil is to deny we have the potential for good.

I do not have, nor ever have had a desire to inflict pain upon helpless creatures. Neither do I deny there are evil humans among us, I do not want to be likened to them.
I do NOT, however, understand how a human being can do such an act and not feel the least bit remorse.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Crimson King.....

I got through about 2 minutes of that video & then couldn't watch the rest of it.

I just don't understand it at all.....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I felt that in order for me to comment on this thread i would need to watch the whole video, so i did... disgusting... although i do not agree with the politics behind it or the vegan way (but that another issue)

In my opinion these pathetic men are a danger to society and their family’s... their inability to show any compassion or have any empathy with these creatures makes them, at best, sociopaths and, at worst, psychopaths. They are clearly getting pleasure from inflicting pain... how long before they extend this to humans.

I hope and pray that these sorry excuses for humans do not have children. I also hope and pray that they are punished for this and that this video is exposed to the communities where they live.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

I have no respect for the lives of people who do that to animals. They've earned a dark place in my heart for what they've done. I'm told to value a human's life, but now I don't know how I can with people like that. Thank you OP for posting this video. I've finally come to terms with my thoughts about the value of human life and now I know.

What they did to the calf... I don't feel anger or sadness or any form of ire. The feeling is unexplainable to me.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's videos/human action like this that make me not want to be here. I could only only watch 1 min of it, i cry, i cry and i cry some more.

I do not understand.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I wont watch the video. I hope these people lose their jobs as well as being named and shamed.

Now I'm going to have this on my mind all day, just imagining what's on that tape.

"ANIMALS ARE PEOPLE TOO, JUST A DIFFERENT SHAPE!" Says me the guilty meat-eater.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

Better still to watch all the cruelty, then to turn a blind eye. I kinda understand the chickenfactory where chickens are grinded up alive, but this is just too much. These men should go to jail.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
its a damn cow people. Im not condoning such actions....but please grow up with the 'poor defenceless cow' tripe.

Every time you eat a burger remember...it was a cow that was killed. dont like it...become a vegan.

half of you that cry foul about this(even though you should)probably dont have a crap about your fellow humans.

its just a running theme with these pro-animal groups.

Like peta....when during katrina they rescued the ANIMALS instead of there fellow human beings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join