It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It is said that food, especially meat and dairy products (milk, eggs and the like) are less nutritional if the animal is afraid when killed or when supplying milk. I do eat meat but do not condone the way animals are caused to fear and cry out before they die or when they are at farms for production for consumtion. It seems as though these incidents are on the rise or that there are more video leaks, not sure which one. We need to nourish the animals and their products is many ways not just with food, to make it more beneficial for us.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Suspect in Mercy For Animals Video In Custody

Union County Sheriff Rock Nelson announced Wednesday that Billy Joe Gregg, age 25, of Delware County was arrested and charged with a dozen counts of cruelty to animals, a second degre misdemeanor. Gregg was identified as the suspect featured prominently in an "undercover" video released earlier in the day by animal rights organization Mercy for Animals, depicting numerous abuses to dairy cows and calves while in the employ of Conklin Dairy Farm near Plain City.

"This investigation began this morning when we were called to the Conklin Farm to provide security while they terminated an employee," Union County Sheriff Chief Deputy Tom Morgan said. "When we inquired about the reason for the termination, it was clear that we needed to ask a few more questions." Chief Morgan indicated that Mercy for Animals had turned over video tape from their four week "investigation" at the Conklin farm.

A second-degree misdemeanor is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and up to a $750 fine. Gregg will be arraigned in Union County Municiple Court Thursday morning, and the investigation is ongoing. The Sheriff's Department said that additional charges may result from the investigation, and that the Department will provide ongoing security to the farm and the family due to violent threats made in the hours following the video's release on the internet.

The wide attention this story has received in the meda and on the internet has caused a considerable strain on the Sheriff's Department's resources, according to Chief Morgan. "We've got our day to day operations to take care of, and this has been a drain on our manpower." Morgan said the Department is working closely with County Humane Society agents in the ongoing investigation.

Listen to Andy Vance's exclusive interview with Chief Deputy Tom Morgan here.

WOW only a 750$ fine and up to 90 days in jail...that's it??????????????

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
those guys in the video have to be hired by the owner...
they do that alot ..hire help cause the cow farmer is got to old to do it himself.
like alot said milkers love there cow's give them names ect....they don't abuse them.like these guys did.

and they abuse them cause they wont turn there heads so they can milk them..
shameful and i will call it abuse.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I have not watched the video...

But we all know the evil that Humans commit on each other and if we can do evil to each other on genocidal scales there is no end to the evil we can visit upon this world and its inhabitants.

We better get wise, fast.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
Suspect in Mercy For Animals Video In Custody

WOW only a 750$ fine and up to 90 days in jail...that's it??????????????

Oh yeah, that's the MAX he can get too! He'll most likely in the end get some form of electronic monitoring or work release with credit time served along with the max fine. At least if that's the case he'll have to pay those program fees which can add up to a lot.

I'm not 100% certain but the company could come after him civilly for any damages to company product. (unless that non-human of an owner is the very top...)

It's not the way I'd like to see it play out but whatever little thing that can ruin this sick [*SNIP*] day I'm all for.

PROFANITY
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

What is the matter with that dude they dairy cows! im all for meat but those poor animals are for milk i wonder how he would like it if he was on the recieving end of those beatings what an a**hole

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I couldn't watch the entire video. I have never seen anything so despicable in all my life. People (?) like this need to be taken out and have done to them what they inflicted on those poor defenseless animals. It makes me ashamed of the human race to see people acting like this.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

Originally posted by monkofmimir

Originally posted by tauempire
Every time you eat a burger remember...it was a cow that was killed. dont like it...become a vegan.

I am vegetarian actually already, have been for most of my life.

I do agree with you on this one point, if you think cruelty to animals is wrong why do a lot of you still eat meat?

As much as I don't like the fate of an animal to end up at a slaughterhouse, I do enjoy meat a lot. Either or, I can't be bothered if you're gonna try and push across this vegetarianism crap. If you want to participate in it, then more power to you, but it doesn't make meat eaters hypcorites if they don't condone animal cruelty but enjoy eating meat.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Whine Flu]

vegetarianism crap? No need to get hostile to an honest question. There is some validity to that point. However I would personally make a distinction between livestock raised in healthy environment versus livestock raised as in the OP's video. However, it is almost impossible to avoid products that contain some element of bad meat or dairy.

Pretty much all bread you'll ever find in the supermarket besides baguettes and some italian versions, probably 90% of snacks and 95% of various processed foods are made with RBGH-poisoned (among other things) milk, and in some locations the quality of meat can get up to those rates too. In almost every case, if it doesn't specifically state that no hormones/antibiotics were used, they were.

"In other words - it's a huge s*** sandwich and we're all gonna have to take a bite." - That guy from Full Metal Jacket

Now if you manage to avoid all that crap, awesome! But most of us let down our guard from time to time and indulge in consuming products that were made from cows similarly treated in the OP's video. That really does make it hypocritical to chastise it.

PS - maybe we should listen to what science has to say? The largest epidemiological study ever conducted on human nutrition (50,000 people over 20 years) has firmly concluded two things - the consumption of meat and dairy - even from healthy, free-range, unpoisoned livestock - is strongly associated with an increase in more than 12 types of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, brain disease, etc. and that the consumption of vegetables, fruit and whole grains is strongly associated with a reduction in all of these symptoms.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
these cowards need a good beating, then another beating and another and another and another....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

like alot said milkers love there cow's give them names ect....they don't abuse them.like these guys did.

I am sure some dairy farmers do care for their cows. But THIS dairy farmer is on the video also abusing the animals.

This is not a case of a good farmer hiring a bad apple. This is a case of a bad dairy farmer hiring guys who think just like he does.

While it certainly can happen that a good company can have some rotten employees, my personal experience is that when you see rotten employees, it is often because the company is rotten through and through. In a work environment where the top people are ethical, the bad apples get identified and removed relatively quickly. In an environment where the top people are corrupt, the good employees dont last.

Just my experience.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've never clicked on a video link that was about animal abuse and NOT SEE an animal get abused. I don't click anymore, it bothers me too much.

That little part of us that says "Hey just click the link out of curiosity...you know you wanna!"....is a part of us I think we could do with LESS of.

I think we can safely assume that we're gonna see an animal getting the crap kicked out of it, or worse.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
D.P.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I mean, what is one to say about something like this?

Those guys who are abusing those cows... I bet they're all passive-aggressive. They probably got the crap beat out of them in high school or from their parents, and now they need to let it out.

What gets me is the pure cruelty of it all. I mean, these cows are totally defenseless, but these schmucks just keep hitting them and stabbing them.

These punks have jobs, but I can't get one - and I would never hurt a fly.

This world is so backwards it makes me sick.

And you know what? May this be the last thread like this that I visit, because it's doing no good for me watching this stuff - I already think low of my fellow man, soo... Sue me.

But still S&F to raise awareness.

Sorry. Don't mind my rant. I'm only human.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by impaired]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

That little part of us that says "Hey just click the link out of curiosity...you know you wanna!"....is a part of us I think we could do with LESS of.

I disagree. I think it is our selfish desire to not see the truth for fear it will cause us personal discomfort is what allows evil to happen.

We need to look, we need to be sad, mad, whatever, because only then will we act to stop what it is that we have been choosing to ignore.

""Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

—Edmund Burke

I would add to that, that "good" men do nothing because they dont want to allow themselves to be aware of the evil in the first place. Its pure selfishness on the part of the person who chooses not to become aware. If they arent aware then they dont suffer because of the suffering of others, and if they dont suffer because of the suffering of others, they dont have to do anything to stop it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by DarkSecret
while i don't believe they deserve jailtime or physical punishment i still think they should cut subsidies for that farm or at least fine them and put this on their permanent records so they can't get another job working with animals.

Honestly, I dont know what to say. You dont think they should be jailed for that?

No. A fine and probation should be enough for now. if they do this again then yea sure put them away.

as for those of u who "wanna punch them" - do you really think it's worth the assault charge and lawyer fees?

What lawyers fee? I would not even try to defend myself if I did something to those guys. I would just confess my crime and serve whatever sentence they gave me.

Life isnt all about me and my convenience or comfort. Some things are worth fighting for, no matter what it costs you. And personally, I think people who will torture the defenseless are the most cowardly, aberrant kinds of humans.

i'm sure you'll enjoy your jailtime for attacking a human on "principle"... but i'd rather use my phone/email and vote to get some progress against animal cruelty and keep my personal freedom at the same time.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

while i don't believe they deserve jailtime or physical punishment i still think they should cut subsidies for that farm or at least fine them and put this on their permanent records so they can't get another job working with animals.

Honestly, I dont know what to say. You dont think they should be jailed for that?

as for those of u who "wanna punch them" - do you really think it's worth the assault charge and lawyer fees?

What lawyers fee? I would not even try to defend myself if I did something to those guys. I would just confess my crime and serve whatever sentence they gave me.

Life isnt all about me and my convenience or comfort. Some things are worth fighting for, no matter what it costs you. And personally, I think people who will torture the defenseless are the most cowardly, aberrant kinds of humans.

I agree 100%. there was a man who molested my niece and he only did 18 months in jail, after he got out he came back to the town and tried to talk to me and I punched him in the face, he pressed charges I spent 2 weeks In solitary(not sure why) and ended up with a $2000 fine but I would absolutely do it again.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

but i'd rather use my phone/email and vote to get some progress against animal cruelty and keep my personal freedom at the same time.

I'm sure you will be lighting up the voice and email boxes of officials everywhere. You sound like a real crusader against animal cruelty.

A fine and probation will not make this guy change. Truthfully even jail time wont make them change. What jail time will do is keep them away from animals, children, and other things that cant defend themselves, at least for a while.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

I disagree. I think it is our selfish desire to not see the truth for fear it will cause us personal discomfort is what allows evil to happen.

We need to look, we need to be sad, mad, whatever, because only then will we act to stop what it is that we have been choosing to ignore.

""Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

—Edmund Burke

I would add to that, that "good" men do nothing because they dont want to allow themselves to be aware of the evil in the first place. Its pure selfishness on the part of the person who chooses not to become aware. If they arent aware then they dont suffer because of the suffering of others, and if they dont suffer because of the suffering of others, they dont have to do anything to stop it.

Cosigned it is the desire to ignore the bad and dismiss it that allows these acts to continue. Ive been to a lynching exhibit, and until you've seen that type of inhuman cruelty first hand its easy to say it was the past, blah blah blah.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by avidreader

I agree with what you say about the way these animals are treated affecting the quality of the meat/dairy they produce. Other than nutritional value, I would imagine there may be an overall quality of the product that is better. Being under stress and neglect affects the body in a negative way and also lowers the immune system. Maybe this is why the pump some of these poor animals with antibiotics and whatnot. Which is another reason why it is better to by meat/dairy that is not from animals treated with antibiotics. If they live under healthy conditions and a generally healthy lifestyle, there should be no need to pump it into their system on a regular basis to stave off attack.

This is mainly conjecture on my part. I don't really have anything to back it up other than my own common sense.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Sweet! The punishment could have been harsher but at least it's something. Also, you need to post your links. They aren't showing up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join