It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conklin Dairy Farms Video Shows Dairy Cows Being Violently Abused, Says Mercy For Animals (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

thats absolutely f**king sick (sorry, swearing is deffinitelly necesarry here!)

what the hell is going on their .... !?!?!?

one thing that does concern me is for "secretlly filmed" they sure donie a very good job! ive seen non covert filmes things on tv that are not shot that well!

and why the hell did the guy filming not step in when it was happening, no freeking way i could stand and film that without knocking the prick out who thinks its cool to punch wee calfs and stab cows with pitchforks!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

From the movie The Patriot-

John Billings: I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the paper for musket wading.
Reverend Oliver: [alarmed] Eat the dogs?
Benjamin Martin: [going along with Billings' joke] A dog is a fine meal.
Reverend Oliver: [still alarmed] G-G-Good Heavens!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You may eat dead flesh all you like. The fact of the matter is, this particular dead flesh had a very horrific ending.

Honestly, Im sure all the dead flesh everyone eats had a horrific ending, now that I think about it.
Can you imagine the karma we put in our bodies with this
DEAD FOOD.
Eat something living, veggies and fruits..they are alive and meant to be put in our bodies..why eat dead?
I am guilty..I do consume chicken and tuna..sighs

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is sick, but please don't tell me not to eat meat. We're born with K9 teeth. As for the guys who did this, I agree with a previous poster that they're just afraid. When people feel like they're not in control, they tend to act out. This is why I only buy my meat and milk from the Central Market. Nothing better than organic vegetarian fed beef and milk from local farmers cows.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this information. We as humans should be the protectors of the animals.

I knew I couldn't stomach watching the video, but I read through the comments & starred everyone who is against these atrocities. Good for all of you! Sometimes I start feeling as though humans are becoming monsters.

To Kailassa (sorry if I spelled your name wrong), you stated this:
"The farmers believed that cosseted, loved cows produced more, creamier, milk."
This makes total sense. Happiness does produce chemicals in the body, but so does depression, fear, & anger. Is this why there's all the need for giving our beef & dairy animals more hormones & antibiotics?
Aside from the fact that abused, unloved animals usually aren't healthy, do scientists already know that the natural consistency of the milk & meat is already changing for the worst because of how the animals feel?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
This is sick, but please don't tell me not to eat meat. We're born with K9 teeth. As for the guys who did this, I agree with a previous poster that they're just afraid. When people feel like they're not in control, they tend to act out. This is why I only buy my meat and milk from the Central Market. Nothing better than organic vegetarian fed beef and milk from local farmers cows.

I do the same with milk.
We have a family friend who has cows and from the first day I came home from the hospital I ate nothing but milk from those cows. I started to eat other stuff too when I was 3 or 4.

And, as I said on the 2nd page, I think it`s everybody`s choice, regarding their diets, but nobody should condone animal cruelty!

[edit on 26/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauempire
its a damn cow people. Im not condoning such actions....but please grow up with the 'poor defenceless cow' tripe.

Every time you eat a burger remember...it was a cow that was killed. dont like it...become a vegan.

half of you that cry foul about this(even though you should)probably dont have a crap about your fellow humans.

its just a running theme with these pro-animal groups.

Like peta....when during katrina they rescued the ANIMALS instead of there fellow human beings.

According to your comments, you seem just as ignorant and sick as these people in the video. "its a damn cow people." - Yeah, and cows can feel physical pain too. Doesn't matter if it's a pest or a creature no one cares about, if you intentionally cause it to feel pain, you're pure evil. It's defenseless and doesn't even understand what is going on except that it's feeling pain. It's enough that it's "stored" in a place with cement floors and metal cages surrounding it. How comfortable. You should try it some time. What is so hard about understanding that you don't have to meet a "minimum intelligence" to feel pain.

"Every time you eat a burger remember...it was a cow that was killed. dont like it...become a vegan." There's a difference, just like many people have mentioned, between decent treatment of animals and inhumane. With human's amazing intelligence, this shouldn't even had to be said. No one knows exactly why anything was put on Earth, let alone animals we eat. Who is to say whether it is right or wrong in fact? No one. But still, the fact is, animals feel pain. If you're going to kill an animal for food or "survival," make it quick and painless.

"half of you that cry foul about this(even though you should)probably dont have a crap about your fellow humans." You're right. I don't give a crap about humans. At least ones like the one in these videos. What good are they for this world? With their sick and twisted , ignorant and pathetic lives.

Animal laws should be an eye for an eye. As far as inhumane treatment, or in this case, somewhat of torture, goes at least. Animals have no defense over humans, and we treat them this way? If you can't see the wrong in this, you've already failed at life; No matter how successful you view yourself. I hope your afterlife, if there is any, treats you accordingly.

"Like peta....when during katrina they rescued the ANIMALS instead of there fellow human beings." - As far as I'm concerned, animals ARE just as or more important than most human beings. Imagine no animals on this planet. Would not be a planet I'd want to be a part of.

To be intentionally ignorant is like subconsciously wishing you were stupid. Do you wish you were that cow? Maybe in your next life.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Eat something living, veggies and fruits..they are alive and meant to be put in our bodies..why eat dead?
I am guilty..I do consume chicken and tuna..sighs

Actually I think you'll find that as soon as it's picked, it's dead/dieing. It's certainly dead by the time you buy it from the shop, get it home and cook it.

As for being "meant" to be put into out bodies, so is meat. We evolved over millennia to eat meat. We have canine teeth for tearing at meat, our bodies produce enzymes for digesting meat. It's even popularly believed that we owe our intelligence to the fact that we actively started hunting meat and the extra protein allowed our brains to develop. Why should we think that because we have evolved mentally (although not in the case of the men in the video), our bodies suddenly don't need the same as it did millennia ago?

People seem to be all for nature, but forget that we are part of it. We are animals too, animals that eat meat and not to do so is simply denying your own nature. I have no problems with Veggies/Vegans, but I do have a problem with some of them believing themselves to be superior morally than me.

As for your eating chicken and tuna, good on ya! They are great, healthy forms of protien, although a little beef every now and again is good for you for iron etc.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Actually, we werent meant to eat meat..that is why carnivore's intestines are so short..the meat stays in ours because it is much longer, and it literally rots.

Our canines are just wanna-be's..lol

Seriously though, fruit and veggies are living enzymes..much healthier than consuming death.
I know..like I said..I do eat chicken and fish..and I have been guilty of a burger..but I feel more amazing when i eat a bowl of blueberries over a burger, anyday. And I know those blueberries didnt scream bloody hell when they were picked..or did they?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
can i just be the voice of reason here for a second. ..

this post is about animals being abused, it doesnt matter if its fish getting slapped, dogs getting burned or cows getting pitchforked... its animal abuse... period.

This is not a vegan / carnivore argument .. please keep the preeching to another place.

im actualy shocked by the vegetarians who are using this as a chance to attack meat eaters .. but thats another post altogether.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wow I just wonder where are peoples feelings? I just don't get it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

You are absolutely right..*hides head in shame*

Im not a vegan, though.
I just hope if more people eat less meat..things like this will happen less frequently..only a hope.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I couldn't watch the video, but I did do a google search. I hope this place is watched for a very long time and the person who did this should not only be fired, but brought up on charges and put in jail.

This is their response.

The full article here.
www.buckeyeag.com...

The Plain City dairy farm targeted an an undercover video released by Mercy for Animals (MFA) this week responded swiftly to animal abuses depicted in the footage. A spokesman for the farm confirmed the employee prominently featured willfully abusing animals was fired immediately Wednesday morning following the video's release. "As fourth-generation farmers, our family takes the care of our cows and calves very seriously," the Conklin statement said. "We take equally seriously the allegations that have been made about our farm operation and the mistreatment of our animals."

[edit on 26-5-2010 by virraszto]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by boaby_phet

Im not a vegan, though.
I just hope if more people eat less meat..things like this will happen less frequently..only a hope.

I think that things like this would happen less frequently if some people wouldn`t enjoy torturing animals, like in that video. There are so many people living in rural areas that eat meat to live, yet they don`t make animals suffer.
I mean, animal cruelty has spread a lot nowadays, it wasn`t like that decades ago. And I speak for the country I live in, I spent my childhood observing the rural living my grandparents had and I am shocked at how much the attitude towards animals has change.

[edit on 26/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

i wasnt brought up in the country, but ive been about lots of animals... ive even worked in an abatioar (chickens .. and i know i misspelt it) ...

i just dont get why people want to hurt animals, the way i see it if we are going to eat them once their dead, we should give them maximum respect while their alive!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This guy must be meant to eat meat, check out his massive canines!

I know we can digest meat, but it is hardly an optimal source of nutrition - particularly when it comes from factory farming methods.

I don't care what others eat, but I wanted to respond to the notion that our canines are proof of meat being a natural diet for humans....

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JohnnyTHSeed]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
I'll never understand how these videos are filmed.

You can tell this Camera guy was egging him on because the rancher was so open and talkative about it, this would have only happened if the camera guy was enjoying it as well.

i have to disagree. if anything, he was being more professional than most any newscaster would be at trying to get the truth out to the public. i could definitely not do that job because i would straight up run a train on those bastards faces and bodies for even slapping the cows, let alone forking and beating them. i praise the guy taking this video for having the restraint and strong will to get this out. and by reading just a few of the replys on this thread, its safe to say that a lot of us wouldnt have been able to film, interview, and then release this vid with a straight face. he's probably hurting more than most of us because he is most likely an animal activist and those tortured animals are like his children.

its a holocaust of animals (cows, pigs, sheep, seals, dogs, whales, fish, etc), and the saddest part is that this holocaust will probably never end as long as humanity wants (needs) meat and drink from them. let us not forget what that mass oil spill that BP is so diligently trying to clean up is doing to the gulfs ocean life.

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by sandri_90

i just dont get why people want to hurt animals, the way i see it if we are going to eat them once their dead, we should give them maximum respect while their alive!

and that is why i have more respect for ancient cultures (native americans, eastern indians, egyptians, myans...). they were simple people who treated their animals like gods and loved everyone equally. we live in a nightmare world through their eyes, and the only way to make this world better is a nice world wide cleansing... like global flooding in 2012? lol, sorry, had to make light of such a downing reality.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by taguon]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by taguon]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The man in this video needs to be charged with animal cruelty. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I couldn't finish watching it. I had to press stop the moment i nearly puked.

I don't believe this needs to be a debate over living vegan or not. These are dairy cows and they need to be alive to produce milk, not dead. They should be treated with respect. The treatment shown on that video is just disturbing.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I got about 0:33 into it and I had to turn it off. However, :33 seconds was enough..

This is not how you treat your livestock. If any rancher from Wyoming saw them doing that they would get their a#$ kicked..

You treat your animals with love!

My step family raises beef, I go out to help with the ranch work every now and again. We do not treat the cows like that! That is awful! Sure we slaughter some of them, but we try to make their stay as pleasant as possible. Lots of love.

Why would you stomp on your livelihood!

How insecure do you have to be to beat on an innocent calf?! God people make me sick!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
quick show of hands here by those of you who eat meat!
well, lets see them, up in the air, since basicly, your enabaling situations liek this to happen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join