It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
CNN has a different feed then BP right now, and neither shows a time stamp. Will we ever know what really is going on down there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah, this link seems to be switching constantly between cameras. Not sure how the other ones are.

Actually, looking at in now...the date seems old..yet it's a live feed...so who knows. Some of the images are smaller than the window displaying the video and I can't read the time stamps.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by David9176]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Here's one that's working fine.

www.livestream.com...

To my knowledge this is an old feed. It's actually footage from a few days back.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here is a link to 37 pictures of the massive explosion that happened today at one of the oil plumes.

www.imagebam.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Wow, that does look massive. Have you any links or information on what happened, and if it's still gushing out at this larger rate?

Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Update .

Had a conversation with a man the other day about this current situational objective in the gulf , They need to send a sub down there and stick Rock mud in the hole , Then make a mixture of salt sand /thick mud/ wood chips /lay it on top of it . Then it should slow the leak down . However this is just an Ideal , If that would work it could help stop some of the oil at least slow it down . As for stopping the oil leak ? I have no idea how they could do that . But If I find any new data that points to a good ideal il pass it along .

[edit on 25-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
No wonder CNN reported this morning that BP wanted to kill the live feed for the top kill.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gold_Bug

Here is a link to 37 pictures of the massive explosion that happened today at one of the oil plumes.

www.imagebam.com...

Real quick questions for anyone in the know... Are we now looking at a crater from the top? Is the oil/gas starting to spew straight up instead of horizontal out the pipe?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Indeed it appears to be, although there are many "holes" in this "pipe" from different views i have seen.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I know right! Doesnt it look like a giant crater?

By the way did anyone else catch that weird glowing fish thing?...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This blowout reminds me of the Mud Volcano in Sidoarjo in East Java, Indonesia. This blowout happened back in 2006 and although the Government & the drilling company have done everythin including dropping hundreds of concrete balls in the hole, nothing has stopped it.

Experts say that it could continue flowing for 30 years. Everyday approximately 30,000 m³ (1 million cubic feet) of mud — equivalent to the contents of a dozen Olympic-size swimming pools flows unabated.

There is nothing anyone can do to stop this Indonesian flow above ground because the casing has been compromised. If BP doesn't get this Oil leek under control and the concrete casing under the ocean floor is compromised we could be dealing with this oil seep for the next 30 years.

I don't like being a pessimist but it doesn't look good. It does appear to me that the ocean floor around the broken pipe has dropped significantly.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gold_Bug

Epic. Thank you so much!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Reading this makes me mad at the greed that causes all of this. It seems to be one big cover up. I think it is a looped feed. Msn actually isn't too bad. Check out their coverage
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The feed I'm watching right now is live. They're doing something at the moment.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Theorist

They sure are, this is fascinating!

www.bp.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It looks like a yellow Hummer under water! I wonder if things are getting underway while most people begin to lay their heads down to go to sleep?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
They are doing something with a pipe. Top kill prep? Speculate.

I am in the ATS chat now if anybody wants to discuss this live.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am recording both the CNN feed at edition.cnn.com... and the BP feed at mms://a261.l9789246260.c97892.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/261/97892/v0001/reflector:46260.

I will continue to do so for as long I have the free space to do so and the feeds stay online. If anyone has any other feeds/links to the same feeds (in case some go offline) then post them here and I will record those too.

If there is any way to store all of the footage I capture online I will happily do so, if not I will upload the most important stuff in bits/pieces as people request it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have no idea what they would be doing at 9pm at night east coast time ? Its a little late to be working outside . Its dark .. lol a little under water humour . Its always dark down there . Anyways Ya they could be trying to fix it . who really knows

[edit on 25-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Huge difference between the BP feed and CNN right now, anyone out there to us what we are seeing??

www.cnn.com...

www.bp.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join