It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow that was big!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
From BP's Website

Release date: 25 May 2010

Preparations for this procedure are continuing with the expectation that it could be activated on the morning of Wednesday May 26, 2010. Throughout the extended top kill procedure – which may take up to two days to complete - very significant changes in the appearance of the flows at the seabed may be expected.

You think maybe that's what we are seeing?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by VioletDawn]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I"m looking at it now as well. Many peeps seem to be freaking out on FB...I'm just looking at it and the cam was moving around when I first turned it on.

Now there are 2 jets coming out of there...one a tan like color and the other darker.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
News update.

BP to show topkill footage.

www.google.com...

Good we will have plenty of footage to watch.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Great post and ongoing info from everyone.

Nice to see.

Why aren't they blowing it closed with explosives? I thought I heard a small nuke would do the trick.

Then I saw a former USN Sub officer being interviewed a week or so ago and he indicated they (the US) have closed seahole before with nukes.

I didn't have time to read all the postings so if this was already discussed sorry.

S&F

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
BP website has a different feed than the one from WKRG on Livestream. Which one is really live then?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by belidged

Not sure how I feel about this- as in are they intending to let the indignation issue take care of itself by crashing the websites? Though I guess there are quite a few feeds, so maybe it will be available.

Could these bursts of oil be propelled by kicks? (or is that obvious?)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What are the different feeds available now? CNN was down last i saw.. Only one i know of is the BP-site feed.

thanks

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I guess we can hold off on the Nuke for now. The cement might work better. Cement will harden under water. So if they can get enough cement into all the geyser holes it will probably plug them right away and eventually harden. More cement can be added over the area.

They have to get that oil out of the deposit as it could start leaking again. So another hole should be drilled in order to drain the reserve of oil. But this time they need to take every precaution and do it right.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Doctor Smith]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by belidged

From that article I'm glad to see the Obama administration and Coast Guard forcing them to show the top kill too. The screen captures people have been getting are really a good idea.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've been watching on WKRG & BP

Both are off right now.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
On cam, what are they doing?? whats that white stuff?

www.bp.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Great post and ongoing info from everyone.

Nice to see.

Why aren't they blowing it closed with explosives? I thought I heard a small nuke would do the trick.

Then I saw a former USN Sub officer being interviewed a week or so ago and he indicated they (the US) have closed seahole before with nukes.

I didn't have time to read all the postings so if this was already discussed sorry.

S&F

Why the fascination with nukes?

Cure the disease by killing the patient?
[sarcasm]
then again, I guess we'd be able to make "Nuclear gumbo" if they did that.
[/sarcasm]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Cygnis]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
I've been watching on WKRG & BP

Both are off right now.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by newBodyoldSoul]

Refresh the pages, live feeds on both, NBOS.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Interesting... while observing the "live" feed earlier I noticed the long pipe/arm (the one that I think is shooting out the dispersant into the plume) turn towards the camera, slightly facing the ground, and then all the sudden everything went cloudy... almost as if it is the cause of these "explosions".

Could they be intentionally muddying our view by shooting the dispersant towards the camera?

Of course I could be wrong, hard to tell what's going on down there...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The BP one has been on, it's just really cloudy.

I think maybe they are testing for tomorrow morning's top kill. And they seem to have a few cameras out there that they switch the feed between.

as someone who lives right near this thing, i should hope they don't resort to using nukes until they've tried everything else!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here's one that's working fine.

www.livestream.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Jacque Costeau's son will be on Larry King tonight!

Has dove down under there and has video to show us!

Check it out on CNN, starts here in California in 10 minutes.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by belidged
News update.

BP to show topkill footage.

www.google.com...

Good we will have plenty of footage to watch.

TOPKILL may not work due to 'fluid hammer' effects.

Even if they could somehow seal wellhead, the sheer velocity of the 5 miles of fluid in the well will simply punch more holes and blow out the seafloor.

IMO, this is why Matt Simmions is saying we have to use a BOMB! Our only hope is that a burried nuke can collapse hundreds of feet of seafloor and seal the ever increasing out-of-control well.

That doesn't mean however that BP won't try to claim a 'success' by sealing the wellhead and then keeping the below seafloor blowouts a secret.

On another site, a poster claimed that his 'source' (a freind at BP) called him and told him that a coupler had broke 400 feet below the surface of the seabed and was 'unfixable'. He said that BP decided to keep this a secret. [True or not, the pictures sure seem to indicate that oil is blowing out of the seafloor right now.]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Here's one that's working fine.

www.livestream.com...

David, that is a different view then the other cameras.. interesting.. another one to add to the screen to watch..

WKRG and bp.com look identical. the livefeed site has a different angle.

at least from what I am seeing.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join