It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching the BP spill feed- confirm?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Checking in over at Fire Dog Lake, someone named Mason posted this diary

Awful News From The Gulf: Explosions Collapse Seafloor At Deepwater Horizon Well Head

seminal.firedoglake.com...

which links to this blog

monkeyfister.blogspot.com...

which is a live blog of the BP Spillcam.

I would have expected the comments to be calm down, rationalizations, but they aren't. I haven't seen anything about this at gcaptain or roughneckcity.com. Yet.

Can anyone confirm?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

The live video link from BP appears to be down.
Not sure whether deliberate or a failure of the cam.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I didn't even know there was a live spill cam.. but this story is very interesting.. It's only 5:30 am here in New Orleans now.. perhaps we will get to see more if the cam comes back online when it's daylight in a couple of hours.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Great. That wasn't the first response I was hoping for.

To John. I wouldn't think they'd turn it off at night. At 5000 feet, I imagine it's pretty dark down there & there was floodlighting.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
reply to post by tauristercus

Great. That wasn't the first response I was hoping for.

To John. I wouldn't think they'd turn it off at night. At 5000 feet, I imagine it's pretty dark down there & there was floodlighting.

At a depth of a mile straight down, it's more or less dark 24/7.
From what I've learned, they're monitoring continuously using artificial flood lighting.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I don't see any Tsunami alert for the gulf region on RSOE EDIS. So, I don't think there was a significant 'seafloor collapse'.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
BP moved the cam to bp.com still there!
Live Stream Link:
www.bp.com...

Edit to add:
When I went there just a minute ago I could see the same pipe leaking. Now it appears they are moving the ROV around.

[edit on 24/5/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Here are 4 different live feeds:

www.cnn.com...

www.bp.com...

www.wkrg.com...

and

(Edit)
www.livestream.com... = This one is Not Live, it's a loop of older footage, but good to use for comparison.

(End Edit)

The BP feed is all black for me. The others are different One appears to be a loop Whats going on here.. Which is the correct current feed?

The feeds that do show a pic don't seem to be murky black like the post says in the OP. Did it clear up?? What's happening?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The feed is back up- or the loop or whatever. Ugh! I don't trust these people At. All.

Larryman, I didn't take the "sea floor collapse" as literal, but just that there was another hole/ leak in/from the sea floor. It doesn't seem plausible in the sense that it implied a new (extremely deep) opening in the bedrock, but under the sand layer
maybe just another line of travel. (think gas fed fireplaces...there is a layer of sand under the lava rock/ fireglass & you poke into the layers to make a new flame point) so it could mean another leak in the pipes under the sand.

The forum posters on this site are talking about seeing "sparks" (not sure if I would believe even my own eyes, though, on that)

www.doomers.us...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Mine is working fine. Other than the ROV moving around.

BP has moved the feed and other locations don't work and are black.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
A direct link to the feed is located here:

preview.tinyurl.com...
-or-
Here
(requires WMP or VLC or something)

the feed is located here: www.bp.com...

It stays black on the website but runs perfectly in windows media player.
maybe someone will have better luck.

I cant tell if it's any worse as I had never looked before.
but the camera is moving.
(seems to be getting closer, keeps looking around robotic arm doing something.)

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Lulzor]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have been watching the live feed off and on all weekend. They have moved it around several times in the last two days. I think that moving it around makes it look like they are working on a solution.

This morning, the feed shows a smaller, whiter stream of something coming out, and then the normal enormous black spray that is shooting out:

www.cnn.com.../3&hpt=T1

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have very bad feelings. This is such a catastrophic event and your President and much other people don't seem to realize what is happening here. They are still talking about money and Korea...

...while earth will die inf front of our closed eyes. This is so sad, maybe the worst moment in our civilization and everybody is ignoring the reality. Please God, kill us all! Save Earth! Thanks! -

I have to puke and cry about us - human. What a farce!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm watching the BP Feed right now. A 'white cloud' seems to be coming up from somewhere... not sure what's causing it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For what is that black thin pipe? Chemicals to bind the oil?

an our ago they tried to do a box on the hole, then a big white cloud was there, then they removed that box again.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah I'm guessing that's the chemical dispersant being shot into the plume... most likely it was the white cloud I saw engulfing everything earlier as well.

I thought they were ordered to stop using the stuff by the EPA??

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I *think* the lighter color is methane gas. Someone at one of the blogs/ forums posted something about a "box" and the dispersant (Corexit) coming out of a hose attached to it. I don't recall now if the box & the hose are yellow, the dispersant is yellowish, or both. Regardless, the 24 hours the EPA gave BP to change dispersants should be up by now or very close to it.

Adding this link to another oil industry forum/ blog

www.drillingahead.com...

ETA Sorry, Cushy. I didn't see your post before. Is the thin black line the "tube" they are using to siphon the oil onto the Discoverer Enterprise?
ETAETA (Cushy, not Crushy. I am bleary eyed)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
BP Disgust me their reaction to this event it tantamount to brushing it under the carpet except this time the carpet would need to be the size of Gulf and beyond. I for one will never fill up at a BP Station or one of its partners again.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How come this feed: www.livestream.com...

And this feed: www.bp.com...

( same as the news feeds)

are totally different?

the livestream feed is sharp, colorful and clear.. the others are not.. Why?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The date on this: www.livestream.com... is wrong! But the quality of this: www.bp.com... is very the same for me.

Can you see that oil coming out under the rocks on the first stream?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join