It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

---------------------------------------------------

At least you have a barbed wire fence. Check out photo # 39 on this page:

www.mekong.net...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

If your property was taken through eminant domain I don't see how that was legal being that eminant domain's intended purpose was for public use of the land. A drug store going up is not public use, it's private use.

long story short. Supreme court said government could take land for private use. But I got triple what they were offering through the negotiating. I use the same tactic the man is using. I called up the papers, told my story and said it was UN-American.

I knew they would take my land anyway because of the law. I just wanted more money so i could land another place. Businesses always get their way.

Thank God Perry's plan for Transcorridor has been put on hold. Many people were on verge of losing land as well.

Believe me, my fight over this isn't over. I honestly feel this is a way to strip people of their land just because they can do it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Well the story you used to launch this thread is about terrorist threat coming through the northern border and how this was used to take some peoples land away.

Everything else seems to be you putting an immigration spin on it whether you see it as such or not.

Thank you for pretty much nothing.

And by your post I take it they are no terrorists coming from down south?

The OP states the town is also promoting the option of having the border completely closed so the $8 million dollars can be spent where it is more needed like the situation down south.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

At least you have a barbed wire fence.

Feel free to take a walk down there.

Ever heard of ground sensors.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Well the story you used to launch this thread is about terrorist threat coming through the northern border and how this was used to take some peoples land away.

Everything else seems to be you putting an immigration spin on it whether you see it as such or not.

Thank you for pretty much nothing.

And by your post I take it they are no terrorists coming from down south?

The OP states the town is also promoting the option of having the border completely closed so the $8 million dollars can be spent where it is more needed like the situation down south.

I have no way of knowing which end terrorists are coming from because that is not my job. That is why you have a government that puts the best people they have on the job or at least that tis what they shoud be doing.

You are free to second guess them but in the end you have no say in anything past the ballot box.

One last thing. If the ones flowing through the southern border are sanctioned by groups within or with ties to the government then I would think that they are considered friendlies although they may not be friendly to the citizens but you don't matter much these days anyway.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sounds to me like you would be a lot happier if you were to climb the border fence to the other side.

For the record, I have family that works for Homeland Security and the problem IS on the southern border more than anywhere else in this country.

Just to shut you up on the race issue crap you keep spewing, here is what I truly believe is what most people are afraid of with the open borders to the south and what they are trying to explain to you about the numbers:

(some content omitted for length)

(CNSNews.com) – The chief law enforcement officers of several Texas counties along the southern U.S. border warn that Arabic-speaking individuals are learning Spanish and integrating into Mexican culture before paying smugglers to sneak them into the United States. The Texas Sheriffs’ Border Coalition believes those individuals are likely terrorists and that drug cartels and some members of the Mexican military are helping them get across the border.

Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County, Texas told Cybercast News Service that Iranian currency, military badges in Arabic, jackets and other clothing are among the items that have been discovered along the banks of the Rio Grande River. The sheriff also said there are a substantial number of individuals crossing the southern border into the U.S. who are not Mexican. He described the individuals in question as well-funded and able to pay so-called “coyotes” – human smugglers – large sums of money for help gaining illegal entry into the U.S.

“It’s clear these people are coming in for reasons other than employment,” Gonzalez said.

“For years, Muslims and other ‘Special Interest Aliens’ from places other than Mexico have been streaming into the U.S. across our porous border,” Tancredo told Cybercast News Service. “These people are not paying $50,000 or more a head just to ‘take jobs no American will do.’

“Terrorists are working round the clock to infiltrate the United States,” he added. “Congress and this administration must address this gaping hole in our national security and they must do it now.”

“We see patches on jackets from countries where we know al Qaeda to be active,” Gonzalez explained.

The patches appear to be military badges with Arabic lettering. One patch in particular, discovered this past December, caught the attention of federal homeland security officials, according to Gonzalez and local officials familiar with the investigation.

Sheriff Wayne Jernigan of Valverde County, Texas, told members of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee in March about one patch that read “midnight mission” and displayed an airplane flying over a building heading towards a tower. Translators with DHS have said some of the various phrases and slogans on the items could mean “martyr,” “way to eternal life,” or “way to immortality.”

Gonzalez told the House International Relations Subcommittee on International Terrorism and Nonproliferation in July that the terrorists are getting smarter.

“To avoid apprehension, we feel many of these terrorists attempt to blend in with persons of Hispanic origin when entering the country.” Gonzalez stated. “We feel that terrorists are already here and continue to enter our country on a daily basis.”

“They come up as illegal aliens and disguise themselves as potential migrant workers,” Espinosa said.

www.washtimes.com...

www.mexidata.info...

www.boston.com...

www.washtimes.com...

www.time.com...

www.usbc.org...

www.wnd.com...

Happy reading.

~Namaste

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You are free to second guess them but in the end you have no say in anything past the ballot box.

Thank you, I fully intend on using my right to vote out the toons who are against the The FEDERAL LAWS on immigration.

One last thing. If the ones flowing through the southern border are sanctioned by groups within or with ties to the government then I would think that they are considered friendlies although they may not be friendly to the citizens but you don't matter much these days anyway.

Sanctioned by the Mexican government you mean? The same government that has pamphlets and has rest shelters made so the illegals can make the trip across. Or the Mexican border guards who also like to tax the illegals before allowing them to continue towards crossing the border.

Mexican President Calderon is coming for a visit to the White House, and I bet you he is going to be on a Tirade about the AZ law which I believe he hasn't even read just like the head of the DOJ Holder. Calderon is worried about his economy getting tanked because now with the strengthening of the southern borders and enforcement of immigration laws, Mexico will see a reduction in Western Union Wire transfers.

Also the main reasons for stopping the tsunami of illegals is not the Mexican worker alone but also those who disguise themselves to be one and are here to commit havoc in the USA.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am sure that there are ground sensors near official boundary markers.

The point is to show a photo of how open our borders are; The area
photo, minus the boundary mark, is a very common demonstration of how things are both in New Mexico and Texas.

There are so many places that one could illegally enter the United States to Texas that it is unbelievable, and this is coming from a supporter of our U S Border Patrol efforts in that area.

They know, but will not, or can not speak of this, but that does not make it untrue.

So once again, as I stated very early on in this post: Close the
U S/ Canadian border crossing at this location, where only 14,000
people cross per year, and re-allocate those funds to an area that may have 14,000 illegals attempt crossing in a month.

We need to at least attempt to look like we are trying to manage
our resources intelligently.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sanctioned by the Mexican government you mean? The same government that has pamphlets and has rest shelters made so the illegals can make the trip across. Or the Mexican border guards who also like to tax the illegals before allowing them to continue towards crossing the border.

No sanctioned by your own government who just happens to be in bed with big business who love the cheap labor. The ones who have kept the southern border porous for the last 50 years. The ones who have handed out amnesty 6 times in the last 24 years. The ones who allow sanctuary cities to exist within your borders.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

No sanctioned by your own government who just happens to be in bed with big business who love the cheap labor. The ones who have kept the southern border porous for the last 50 years. The ones who have handed out amnesty 6 times in the last 24 years. The ones who allow sanctuary cities to exist within your borders.

And guess what miss, all of that is changing now. Many who were not politically involved in the past because politics was a topic put aside by many as they never thought it would affect them personally. Through the administrations come and gone, ignorance to the policies has left America fleeced of all of its Jobs, communities destroyed, religions persecuted because of political correctness, children being indoctrinated in public schools, and the American Tax Payer paying for all the wrong bets made by the government & their allies.

Now with the mass awakening come new goals, First and foremost goals is to protect and strengthen our ever porous southern borders.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by Annee

I am sure that there are ground sensors near official boundary markers.

The point is to show a photo of how open our borders are; The area
photo, minus the boundary mark, is a very common demonstration of how things are both in New Mexico and Texas.

I live on the SW border. Believe me - you don't wanna go walkin' your dog or rock collecting too close to the border.

Its like Area 51 - - white jeeps just magically show up out of no where. And NO - there are no official markers in a lot of areas.

If you crack down in San Diego - they move East to Mexicali - then East to Yuma/San Luis - then further East to Lukeville - Nogales - on to Texas.

You would need a full army 24 hours a day - in a very inhospitable environment.

-----------------------------------------

To stay on topic - - I grew up in SOCA - - basically under the San Diego FWY. Lots of homes fell under Dominate Domain. Most people got very fair above market prices for their homes. There were a few hold outs. Some got extra money - some got evicted.

Whole blocks of homes were bought as proposed areas. Many of these homes that were not used and were resold at auctions.

Some people were happy to get out - - some were devastated as the homes had been in their family for years. Mine was unaffected.

I have mixed feelings on Dominate Domain. I do know I would not want to try to get around Los Angeles without freeways.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Annee]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is no need for a full army. Just couple of strategically placed National Guards manning the border with couple of Global Hawks patrolling the border day & night. Once movement is detected by the Global Hawk, National Guard can be contacted to intercept.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Immigration or Civilian Invasion?

Picture this, you have a dam and it has several holes in it, some large and some small.
Which do you repair first? I would say the one or many that are allowing the greatest amount of flow.

Our borders need to be controlled; this is common sense (which seems to be a rare commodity).
A fence would be a good start, but regular patrols will be required. The whole border cannot be fenced as a good portion of it is under water, look at a map of the Great Lakes sometime, this area would require Coast Guard patrols and even then there are too many private docks to patrol effectively.

Illegal is Illegal what part of the word can you not understand? I don’t care if they are White, Brown, Yellow, Red, or Plaid they are here illegally and need to be caught and deported.

Here you will find a PDF of the Arizona bill that is causing so much debate, PLEASE read it if you haven’t already.

www.azleg.gov...

Someone asked to see an explanation of how an illegal immigrant working in a field is more dangerous than a potential terrorist crossing that spot with a briefcase nuke. It is not always about what but rather how many and for how long, with the following numbers in mind what kind of damage is being done?
Remember these are older numbers and they haven’t gone down over the years.

The cost to the American people of illegal aliens:
1996 Costs Table from the Huddle Study 1
Programs (billions)
Public Education K-12 $5.85
Public Higher Education $0.71
ESL and Bilingual Education $1.22
Food Stamps $0.85
AFDC $0.50
Housing $0.61
Social Security $3.61
Earned Income Tax Credit $0.68
Medicaid $3.12
Medicare A and B $0.58
Criminal Justice and Corrections $0.76
Local Government $5.00
Other Programs $9.25
Total Costs $32.74
Less Taxes Paid $12.59
Net Costs of Direct Services $20.16
Displacement Costs $4.28
All Net Costs $24.44

www.fairus.org...

Remember these numbers are in BILLIONS of dollars.

See also this link: immigrationcounters.com...

04/15/10 Rep. Lamar Smith states that Illegal immigration is a tax-dollar drain.
dailycaller.com...

February 20, 2010
Illegal Aliens Cost One County $400,000 A Month

youtube.com...

Immigration Laws the Administration Is NOT Enforcing

www.numbersusa.com...

Need more information? Thank you MidnightDStroyer for this link:

www.numbersusa.com...

Terrorists can cross any of our borders depending on their target, Illegal Aliens also can come across any of our borders, but currently in addition to the Illegal Aliens we have Drug Wars in our southern border cities where they come across the border to kill individuals then go back across to avoid capture. Whether this is condoned by the Mexican Government or not the Drug Cartels do support it, and I am beginning to believe that the Drug Cartels control the Mexican Government (or portions of it).

The United States Constitution
Article IV - The States
Section 1 - Each State to Honor all others
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

(This would imply that the various state governments cannot officially boycott Arizona.)

Section 4 - Republican government
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

(Domestic Violence such as Illegal Aliens committing crimes within the borders of the United States or any individual city or state).

www.usconstitution.net...

Definition of Republic
republic n 1 : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and is usually a president; also : a nation or other political unit having such a government 2 : a government in which supreme power is held by the citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by elected officers and representatives governing according to law; also : a nation or other political unit having such a form of government.
In the context of the United States, both definitions apply.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

There is no need for a full army. Just couple of strategically placed National Guards manning the border with couple of Global Hawks patrolling the border day & night. Once movement is detected by the Global Hawk, National Guard can be contacted to intercept.

Don't they do that now?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Don't they do that now?

Nope, that is what the problem is. Mr Homeland F'n Security Napolitano is sitting on his fat tooshy and not attending to the problems of the southern borders that need common sense and real solutions.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Don't they do that now?

Nope, that is what the problem is. Mr Homeland F'n Security Napolitano is sitting on his fat tooshy and not attending to the problems of the southern borders that need common sense and real solutions.

HIS fat tooshy?

And you want me to take you seriously? Try again.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Would you have preferred he said Phat A$$?
Second line

[edit on 17-5-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

HIS fat tooshy?

And you want me to take you seriously? Try again.

Where did I go wrong? I though I had covered all my bases with that one.

So all joking aside, there are several common sense solutions that the $8 million dollars can buy rather being spent up North in Vermont where the only Illegals/Terrorist entering would be the livestock.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe because HE is a SHE.
2nd

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

Janet Napolitano is the third Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and is leading our nation's collective efforts to secure our country from the threats we face - from terrorism to natural disasters.
(Sure if they say so.)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join