It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It is racist to believe immigrants are coming here for work. You have categorized an entire race as low rent wage earning laborers. It also assumes the race of brown people are not a race of terrorists who may murder and behead their victims or boil them into soup. Careful assuming others are racist. I hate all people equal so I am a racist on some things and I say anyone who believes that Mexicans are here to work are being racist. You don't know why they are here. Since the government created Al Quaeda to allow for applying the RICO statute we'll not be assuming they are sending anyone with nukes in a breifcase here. Besides, it's not like they are hard to make here and set off locally. Just press the material out of the soil and process in a make shift lab. It's not rocket science it just uses high dollar words and fancy containers. Why assume anyone smart enough to had one has to bring it in? That's being judgemental, too.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I personally do not believe the government
should be able to take someone's land;
except in national security.

Before they do they should go through an
honest bidding process. At the point the
owners do not except 10x the market value,
then the government can take it.

Now that I got that out of the way I have
to say that it is pathetic that someone on
this board has to run all over the place just
to call others a racist. I have become tired
of reading your crap Outcast, but I'll respond
to a point you brought up here.

Who says a terrorist will only attack New York
City. If one wanted to attack Los Angeles,
Las Vegas, San Fransisco. Would they not benefit
by coming through the southern border? Answer
that honestly and then shut your crap down.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
unfortunately this guys land is gone. There is nothing he can do, if the government wants your land they take your land.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As for the government taking whatever it wants. I think the government should be able to do whatever it wants. If people don't do anything to stop them, why shouldn't they? Consent by silence is still consent, so, it's not like they don't have permission.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by PhyberDragon]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The only border I am concerned with protecting with extreme prejudice is the one at the Beltway that allows for the flow of dangerous and ridiculous ideas and actions to flow from it. If need be, quadrillions of dollars should be spent to contain and hopefully eliminate those non-Americans that have their base of operations there. High walls with manned turrets, that is what needs to be kept out of America, because being part of the problem is most definitely not working towards a solution.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
BTW: I'm just being sarcastic today.
2nd line.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by prionace glauca

I thought you were for border security?

But only on the southern border...right???

This only confirms what many of us already think...it isn't about "border security"...it is about brown people.

If you want border security and walls built everywhere...then be prepared for the governemnt to be doing this all along the northern and southern border.

Really? Are you serious?
Of course I would love a great wall across the US Mexico border and wouldn’t care if we kept the border of Canada and the US open.
First off Canada is a first world country not a 3rd world like Mexico.
Second there are people up north with tans. Have you never seen the tans on those people from the Jersey shore? Mexicans don’t hold the monopoly on brown skin. Ok more like orange.
Third there are a lot more killings on our south border versus our north border.
And lastly William Shatner comes from Canada and anyone who cannot love that country for that alone is useless imo.
Seriously though it is not a color issue I have no problem with the Asian types or the blacks or a brown man as long as they come to the US with a marketable skill. Say a trade that doesn’t involve a basket, lawnmower or mop.
Not a racist I hate Nascar.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey Outtard, do you ever read the posts related?
Seems you just spewing crap out without any regard for what is being told.
The southern border is a real issue due to the amount of illegals, where as the north border is not that big of a deal(theyre canadians...)
If you cant understand this concept, and the underlining plot, I really wonder what the frak you do here at ATS...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

"It's not about race, it's about numbers people. "
yada yada Etc.

What part of this statement do you not understand???

, being pushed by La Raza.

Umm, who is La Raza? really is that the Mexican AlQuaeda?
Really not sure but it sounds fizzy and fruity.
Really though if we put walls on both borders I'm sure them Cannucks would just get a passport and come on in legally like i'm sure the most of them do. Unlike the majority of the travelers from the south.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's amazing how the govermnent can squander $8 million on a new facility, yet they can only come up with $39,500 for the farmer's land? Why don't they cook their books a little (and they certainly know how to cook books) and give the family $250,000 or so. I'm sure they'd be more agreeable to that. Oh, but they can't give a citizen what something might be worth, can they? Oh no, they have to bend them over real good to show them who's in charge.

Yet another reason to overthrow these out of control tyrannical beaurocratic pigs.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Hey Outtard, do you ever read the posts related?
Seems you just spewing crap out without any regard for what is being told.
The southern border is a real issue due to the amount of illegals, where as the north border is not that big of a deal(theyre canadians...)
If you cant understand this concept, and the underlining plot, I really wonder what the frak you do here at ATS...

It's not the canadians they are wanting to protect against it would be terrorists that could use the lax northern border to gain entry.

Do terrorist that could really pose this type of threat really exist? I guess they could and in the end even if they don't your the ones letting your gov. work for itself instead of for the people.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Like I have stated earlier but the one loony toon who keeps trying to make this thread a race baiting thread....

The government is out of whack. And their actions against this farmer prove this to be even more true. Everyone who is able to vote supports Arizona's stance in majority, their are those lost souls who have vested interests in the Illegals maybe because they are one or they are relatives of one. But all in all this F'n Retarded administration continues to waste tax payers money on areas that do not need it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sorry for My spam on this topic, but I believe although I am old I am still not as wise as a wish I could be. I believe I have been baited by a troll and that is one of the oldest tricks on the web.
Just a couple of things outcast, you seem to use the word/s they them a lot. Just who are they?
If you would be referring to the US gumment then you are on either the wrong website or the right one if you’re trolling. For the most part we come here as a kind of an internet based continental congress and discuss our gripes of disclosure and conspiracy, ask for ideas and thoughts of how would you or I do it. I think for the most part we don't trust "THEM" to make the right decisions for US. Such as should the us just be able to take this mans land for no apparent real reason.
I know I’m way off topic on this post but you seem to have single handedly derailed this thread into a color issue. This post will probably be deleted but yours won’t, shame.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
It's not the canadians they are wanting to protect against it would be terrorists that could use the lax northern border to gain entry.

Do terrorist that could really pose this type of threat really exist? I guess they could and in the end even if they don't your the ones letting your gov. work for itself instead of for the people.

Do you know the Canadian Law Enforcements are tougher on cracking down on criminals than we are? They have strict customs policies. First a terrorist has to gain entry into Canada, virtually impossible post 9/11. Though the ones that do get by, will be picked up later because the Canadian LE's take time to verify every new Visa holder and their intent for staying in the country.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I know I’m way off topic on this post but you seem to have single handedly derailed this thread into a color issue. This post will probably be deleted but yours won’t, shame.

I think the OP derailed this thread by even mentioning the southern border. Why not just talk about governments abuse of power in taking this families land and making it a rights thread instead of an immigration thread.

Seeing the amount of conflict the immigration threads he must have known it would attract this response.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This shouldn't be about the government taking someone's property. It has already been clarified as legal. Do you honestly believe that this family is the first to lose their land under emminent domain?

If you feel sorry for this family, lobby to get the law changed.

What ever happened to being a law-abiding citizen?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Do you know the Canadian Law Enforcements are tougher on cracking down on criminals than we are? They have strict customs policies. First a terrorist has to gain entry into Canada, virtually impossible post 9/11. Though the ones that do get by, will be picked up later because the Canadian LE's take time to verify every new Visa holder and their intent for staying in the country.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

I have family living illegaly in Canada so don't try to tell me Canadian security cannot be breached. And this is by a bunch of low educated people not trained military types.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
I have family living illegaly in Canada so don't try to tell me Canadian security cannot be breached. And this is by a bunch of low educated people not trained military types.

Well, aren't you proud to break the laws. So did your "Family" overstay their visa?

How did I derail my own thread? I am pointing out the incompetency that runs rampant in this government. Not only this government but also the posters who keep trying to race bait.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Well, aren't you proud to break the laws. So did your "Family" overstay their visa?

How did I derail my own thread? I am pointing out the incompetency that runs rampant in this government. Not only this government but also the posters who keep trying to race bait.

I'm not breaking the law they are and if I remember correctly they where smuggled in.

Don't tell me you thought no one would play the race game once you mentioned the southern border.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
This shouldn't be about the government taking someone's property. It has already been clarified as legal. Do you honestly believe that this family is the first to lose their land under emminent domain?

If you feel sorry for this family, lobby to get the law changed.

What ever happened to being a law-abiding citizen?

Unfortunately you are right, the land that Beale AFB sits on was once owned by my family and it was bought for $1. Although the family got screwed on that situation we do have a cool family story as well as a proud still working California AFB sits on our land, we got to help the US. But this man up north, what will they do with his acres?
Put a 5 x 5 booth, for several acres? Eminent Domain I do understand but let’s please offer market value and use what we take.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join