It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRoadLessTraveled

Here is a small point that should provoke some thought about 9/11 and the war on terror:

The war on terror is costing you folks lots of cash, and your personal freedoms. Ask yourself this: They have been 'fighting' a war on drugs for years now... still lots of drugs around as has been pointed out.

So if they can't keep dope outa America, how are they gonna keep out terrorists?

It comes down to this: Are they allowing drugs in? Or are your tax dollars being wasted on a program that cannot succeed?

One way or another it doesn't look good for your liberties folks...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Hunh?? Seems that Daddio was speaking of conspiracy and you choose to pounce on the fact that they didn't choose a border to freak out over??

I must say that seems strange considering the site we are all on

Just because a man is paranoid does not make him wrong!

The question isn't if I am paranoid; it's am I paranoid enough?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is a reflection of the poor logic exhibited by this federal government.

They are willing to strong arm law abiding American farmers into surrendering their land to patch a small area along the border which poses little to no threat....

Yet they seem to have no problem whatsoever with the millions of unidentified potential national threats crossing over our pourous southern border every year.

This is like patching a small hole in a leaking roof while leaving the back door standing wide open.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

And the worst part is, its not really a hole. The townspeople already have a customs booth at the border. The townspeople would probably do a better job at recognizing odd individuals than Homeland Security ever will.

$8million dollars can pay for sever national guards to man the hot spots down south where they are needed.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Sorry if I hurt feelings here but , why would any Canadian want to go south illegally?
First off you all have a reputation as agressive , violent, uncaring people. I want to make plain I don't think everyone down there is but thats the impression.( check out the video of the good samaritan stabbed, or the old guy hit by a car ... neither of which received any help at all). Secondly a guy can get 50 years for smoking a joint.... GULAG anyone? You have terrible weather, poisonous insects and snakes, and a Gov. that seems bent upon subjugating you...

Why oh WHY would any sane person want to step into THAT?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FileZero
reply to post by buddha

Sorry if I hurt feelings here but , why would any Canadian want to go south illegally?
First off you all have a reputation as agressive , violent, uncaring people. I want to make plain I don't think everyone down there is but thats the impression.( check out the video of the good samaritan stabbed, or the old guy hit by a car ... neither of which received any help at all). Secondly a guy can get 50 years for smoking a joint.... GULAG anyone? You have terrible weather, poisonous insects and snakes, and a Gov. that seems bent upon subjugating you...

Why oh WHY would any sane person want to step into THAT?

Hey.........we dont have bad weather

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I dont know about anyone else, but I as a citizen am much more fearful and wary of the Department of Homeland Security than I would ever be of a stranger crossing the Canadian border to cause trouble.

The jack boots are the real enemy of the people

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

yes i live right next to the boarder! ( New York ) and there is NO Comparison to the Mexican Boarder!! and the Illegals that do cross the Canadian American Boarder are not even from Canada they are Foreigners themselves in Canada but a very few illegals that cross! but it does happen but No Comparison with The Mexican Boarder

Watch a Movie Called Frozen River right here!!
Full Movie !! with annoying subtitles still watchable tho ! good rental!

video.google.com...#

Frozen River Trailer

That Movie has a lot of truth and is Near my Location

but there is no need for a high Fence !

let alone Spy Towers and 3x's as much Border patrol & State Troopers then is Needed The Canadian Customs now Carry Side Fire Arms ! which they never did before !!! as the Border Patrol is a Yell Away from Customs Station ! its effecting the American Civilians around the Area
as there are more Road Checkpoints Ever before in the last 5 years

The Farm in Vermont need to be left alone ! a Government land Grab is what i see ! They did the Same thing with my grandfather Land 10 , 20 years ago but asked if he would sell his land ! my Grandfather turn down the offer every time as the Government wants to buy a lot of land around Dairy Farm county's with big Open fields for some reason ..

Trying to get the full video to work LOL just click on the Google location

The River !
Source ..

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join