It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Come on now Annee--those white jeeps just showing up out of
no where all the time like area 51 is a fantasy.......but I do like the idea

The sheer size of the area prohibts same. ...and yes I am aware
of some of the various surveillance methods used, but unfortunately so are the bad guys..... but that's topic for another discussion.

I honestly believe that if one of those televison shows like 60 minutes,
wanted to prove that their is a major problem on our southern borders, and their intent was to actually accomplish that task (key point)
thru undercover means, and were accompanied by persons who are familiar with the Texas/Mexico Border, civilians, not Border Patrol, they would be able to do a wrap up of their filming in a matter of days.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by Annee
HIS fat tooshy?

And you want me to take you seriously? Try again.

Where did I go wrong? I though I had covered all my bases with that one.

So all joking aside, there are several common sense solutions that the $8 million dollars can buy rather being spent up North in Vermont where the only Illegals/Terrorist entering would be the livestock.

I think you are mistaken about the northern border. With all the focus on the southern border - - which one would you choose? Although - Chinese nationals were apprehended on the southern border.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
reply to post by Annee

Come on now Annee--those white jeeps just showing up out of
no where all the time like area 51 is a fantasy.......but I do like the idea

Maybe in Texas - - but not here.

They're real here.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I think you are mistaken about the northern border. With all the focus on the southern border - - which one would you choose? Although - Chinese nationals were apprehended on the southern border.

The OP mentions the government useless spending on the Northern Border, hence this thread to talk about how they are wasting the tax payers resources on areas that do not need it but should be spent on strengthening the southern borders.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
WOW i live next to Vermont ill dig in deeper and ill see what if i can find out I know this ! there is Spy towers at my location right at the border and
the Canadian customs now carry firearms where they never did before !

Im not surprised tho there is a line being forced practically at gun point see or else !

from info wars
Homeland Security Threatens to Seize Farmer’s Land in Vermont
www.infowars.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolfenz]
Vermont dairy farmer fighting federal land grab
www.chron.com...

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

With all the focus on the southern border - - which one would you choose? Although - Chinese nationals were apprehended on the southern border.

Can you enlighten me about the focus on the southern border? How is this administration focused on the southern borders that is? The last I was aware was it was only Arizona doing anything about the borders and the Federal Authorities were filing a Lawsuit against Arizona for doing just that.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

With all the focus on the southern border - - which one would you choose? Although - Chinese nationals were apprehended on the southern border.

Can you enlighten me about the focus on the southern border? How is this administration focused on the southern borders that is? The last I was aware was it was only Arizona doing anything about the borders and the Federal Authorities were filing a Lawsuit against Arizona for doing just that.

Sorry - I'm in Arizona. That's what I know.

However - take any man/woman off the street - ask them about the border - I don't think they're gonna tell you about Canada.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Annee]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Yeah right. I have been hearing the same old tired song for 30+ years and both dems and republicans have danced to it. You are not going to do a damn thing that they don't want you to.

If you happen to get something done then good for you but I hope you don't mind if I have a seat while we wait.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Yeah right. I have been hearing the same old tired song for 30+ years and both dems and republicans have danced to it. You are not going to do a damn thing that they don't want you to.

If you happen to get something done then good for you but I hope you don't mind if I have a seat while we wait.

And I should be listening to you.

You have family members who are here illegally and in other countries illegally, and I should be listening to you.

Its people like your relatives that there is a need to strengthen the borders. Well though I am sad to see that the Federal Buffoons like to spend money somewhere it is not needed, Arizona and 13 of its companions will spend the money where it is needed.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

OP mentions the government useless spending on the Northern Border, hence this thread to talk about how they are wasting the tax payers resources on areas that do not need it but should be spent on strengthening the southern borders.

13 trillion dollars and suddenly you are now interested in waste.

will post this again. Problem is that if there was ever an attack on the US from a terrorist entering from the north, you would probably be one of the first ones yelling that they should have secured the borders in the first place.

America's top counterterror official says "more than a dozen" people tied to Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and other extremists have tried to infiltrate the U.S. since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

But they weren't caught swimming the Rio Grande from Mexico, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told the Daily News in a recent interview.

"More Canada than Mexico, to be honest with you," he said.

Chertoff talked exclusively to The News in his Gulfstream jet on a trip from Washington to New York City last week.

"It's been much more than a dozen" who tried to enter the U.S. from Canada, he said, but they were stopped for links to "a mix" of terror groups through finances, family or spy intercepts.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And I should be listening to you.

You have family members who are here illegally and in other countries illegally, and I should be listening to you.

Its people like your relatives that there is a need to strengthen the borders. Well though I am sad to see that the Federal Buffoons like to spend money somewhere it is not needed, Arizona and 13 of its companions will spend the money where it is needed.

You don't have to listen to me but the gov also doesn't listen to you. For all your legality you still have no real voice.

The AZ law is nothing. It doesn't secure the border and it doesn't give the states the ability to do so. It just gives an officer the right to ask. Amnesty would make this law pretty much worthless.

Real criminals (cartels, dealers and the like) could care less about the new law. If doing hard time doesn't set them straight this sure isn't.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

And less bring you to 2010, hold on its a bumpy ride to enlightenment...

Terrorist Use Mexico as a Conduit to Enter the USA

Counterterrorism authorities have come to fear that the porous U.S.-Mexico border provides entry into the United States, not only for illegal aliens, but for Islamic terrorists as well.

Al-Qaida and other terrorist groups began infiltrating Mexico in the days after 9/11. By 2003, Canadian intelligence officials and Interpol told Mexican President Vincente Fox that al-Qaida had established several cells in Mexico to prepare for the next terrorist attacks, Williams tells readers.

Meanwhile hundreds of Tzozil Indians in southern Mexico converted to Islam and reportedly became involved in subversive activities. By 2004, al-Qaida cells were in place in northern Mexico and a large cell of Hezbollah was in Tijuana, on the U.S. border of California. The Muslim radicals enlisted the aid of Latino gangs, including Mara Salvatrucha, to help them slip across the border.

According to Williams, the going rate for such service was from $30,000 to $50,000, but it included a bogus matricular consular, an official ID card issued by the Mexican government that enables Mexican nationals in the U.S. to obtain drivers licenses and open bank accounts.

Wasn't the ride fun. Now which border needs strengthening again. Well let me put it this way. Which borders represents "CLEAR & PRESENT DANGER".

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And my family is the reason the border needs strengthening?

This is what you should have started the thread with. Would have been a better argument.

Still ain't getting anything done though.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Well jails might not be doing much to the Illegal criminals, I do understand that. That is why the National Guard needs to be deployed armed and ready at the border. Anyone still willing to keep crossing while the National Guard is protecting the borders shall be reminded to turn back by the noise of 4th July Firecrackers.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I honestly feel this is a way to strip people of their land just because they can do it.

I feel the same way.

I just honestly believe that in this case they'd be better to just shut the port down instaed of putting this family through so much grief.

I hope that you at least received an amount that you were satisfied with , and that you were able to relocate to someplace that you like.

My neighbors weren't so lucky, many of them had just finished, or were in the process of remodeling their homes. Quite a few of them lost in the area of $80,000 and up on the value of their homes. I felt bad for all the kids, they had to be uprooted, move away from friends that they had grown up with, change schools etc.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by daskakik

Well jails might not be doing much to the Illegal criminals, I do understand that. That is why the National Guard needs to be deployed armed and ready at the border. Anyone still will to keep crossing shall be reminded to turn back by the noise of 4th July Firecrackers.

No they will not. No matter how much you would like that it just isn't going to happen.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I give you Chertoff words from 2008 and you give me something from 2007.

I wonder who has more info, chertoff or some book writer.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

As a good hope measure, the government needs to compensate them more than Fair Market Value.

IMO, if they can waste money on corporations, I'll be dang if they can't take care of average Americans.

The government amazes with how much land it has already claimed. This border issue boils down to a few things. The main one is money, but all are intertwined.

Drugs, illegals, terrorists. Neither 3 are fully being addressed. It always seem to be a series of patchwork and ultimately that patchwork will rip apart.

That border is almost 4000 miles long. I too doubt that a few acres is going to solve the main problem.

But then again, government

[edit on 17-5-2010 by jam321]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I give you Chertoff words from 2008 and you give me something from 2007.

I wonder who has more info, chertoff or some book writer.

Paul L. Williams

An American author, journalist, and consultant. He was also an adjunct professor of humanities and philosophy at Wilkes University and The University of Scranton.

He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Wilkes University, a Master of Divinity degree from Drew University, and a Doctor of Philosophy degree also from Drew.

He served for seven years as a consultant to the FBI about terrorist and mafia criminal organizations. Williams came to international promience by working with Canadian officials to expose a plot to behead the Prime Minister and to blow up Parliament.

-Google and Wiki

Right he is a book writer, silly me.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jeese canada doesnt even make it to the lisxt of illegal aliens comming into america.....
Why start pissing us off with your paranoid schizo border trip?
We also screen the people who enter canada as well or better than you guys do....
The whole deal is a crock up.
Firstly you wouldnt get your garbage hauled if you sent illegal aliens...nor a hwole host of dirty jobs that the blacks no longer want to do either....
Whos gonna do all that dirty work?
real americans? I highly doubt it.
Dont you people realise that the way things are you are no different than the roman empire ;living off the backs of slaves...
Only they are vilified as illegal aliens now...
Id laugh to see what would really happen if you sent them all home...
The US would eventually strangle in its own s&*(t

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join