It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border..UPDATED

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Vt. farmer draws a line at US bid to bolster border

www.boston.com

The bucolic setting of silos and sugar maples has become the focus of a bitter dispute that pits one of America’s most revered traditions — the family-owned farm — against the post-9/11 reality of terror attacks on US soil.

The Department of Homeland Security sees Morses Line as a weak link in the nation’s borders, attractive to terrorists trying to smuggle in lethal materials. The government is planning an estimated $8 million renovation here............
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

+13 more 
posted on May, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It intends to acquire 4.9 acres of border land on a dairy farm owned for three generations by the Rainville family. Last month, the Rainvilles learned that if they refuse to sell the land for $39,500, the government intends to seize it by eminent domain.

The Rainvilles call this an unjustified land-grab by federal bullies.

“They are trying to steamroll us,’’ said Brian Rainville, 36, a high school government and civics teacher whose grandfather bought the farm in 1946 and whose parents and two brothers run it now. “We have a buyer holding a gun to our head saying you have to sell or else.’’

That is right folks, I didn't know if I should laugh at this story or cry. Our Homeland F'n Security is worried about threats coming in from Canada. They are so worried about this little pocket where 3 cars per day on the road constitutes heavy traffic, that they are threatening the owners with eminent domain filing.

Maybe the Homeland F'n Security needs to go take a gander down at the Southern Border. This administration and this Homeland Security is crazy to pick on this farmer where there is no credible threat and not to pay attention on the southern borders where there are murders taking place every day.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Terrorist Use Mexico as a Conduit to Enter the USA

UPDATED as per the request of a Member

Counterterrorism authorities have come to fear that the porous U.S.-Mexico border provides entry into the United States, not only for illegal aliens, but for Islamic terrorists as well.

Al-Qaida and other terrorist groups began infiltrating Mexico in the days after 9/11. By 2003, Canadian intelligence officials and Interpol told Mexican President Vincente Fox that al-Qaida had established several cells in Mexico to prepare for the next terrorist attacks, Williams tells readers.

Meanwhile hundreds of Tzozil Indians in southern Mexico converted to Islam and reportedly became involved in subversive activities. By 2004, al-Qaida cells were in place in northern Mexico and a large cell of Hezbollah was in Tijuana, on the U.S. border of California. The Muslim radicals enlisted the aid of Latino gangs, including Mara Salvatrucha, to help them slip across the border.

According to Williams, the going rate for such service was from $30,000 to $50,000, but it included a bogus matricular consular, an official ID card issued by the Mexican government that enables Mexican nationals in the U.S. to obtain drivers licenses and open bank accounts.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
lets see well in one corner we have one old fart and his wife.
whos knocking on the door of death soon enough .
in the other we have millions of illegals who as soon as they have a kids have now at lest created a new voter who is granted to vote for more government. spending so mom and dad get more stuff
now if I were a politician louse two votes side one well they are going be lost anyway .
or louse millions of votes buy telling the millions to go home.
ok ok now if i do number one i can say look every one i care about our brooders and once again get even more votes .
seams like a non brainier to me.
O btw the value of each vote comes in at a pack of smokes and a beer.
except on a bad day when they will take just the beer .
and yes right here in my city they rounded up guys holding signs along the highways gave them a beer and smokes for votes.
hey 3$ to make millions once again a no brainier.
as long as a vote has a montary value attached to it we can never get soemone who just wants to make things better or cute cost .man cute cost your telling him to take a pay cut

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

You know that the govt really doesnt want to fix the major issues. They just want to appear like they are trying to 'fight the fight'.
Well, they are not doing a very good job of it thus far.

I dont see Canadians comming in by the thousands each day, so wtf are we concerned about them for AT THIS MOMENT?I do agree that we should make the north border just as secure as the southern borders(should be),
but at this point in time, it really is second vote compared to the Mexican border.

If 'Terrorists' wanted in our country, WHY, of all places, would they try to go through Canada? They step foot in Canada, guaranteed someone is going to flag them. From what I have heard, Canada is really big on Illegal Immigration.

The Canadians do a pretty damn good job of patrolling their side of the border(they dont want us pesky Americans there illegally either). Which IMO is THEIR RIGHT and Their responsibility to do so.

The big picture- The Gumbament' does not want to touch the Southern Border with a 10 foot pole, because they are not true leaders.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Common Good]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It has become increasingly frightening to me that there has been no backlash at the government or virtually no notice by citizens at the ever increasing ways the government is able to screw citizens out of land, property, and financial assets. Thanks to the LOLabomination known as the drug war the government can seize your house, property and financial assets any time it feels like. If you ever travel with more than $10,000 on your person, be prepared to have to have it seized by the government. And god forbid you ever deposit more than $2,000 into a banking account in a transaction otherwise you might have Feds at your door. Now they're not even trying to justify their screwing people out of their assets. Eminent domain? What the # is that? I seriously hope that family is a fan of the second amendment.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

With the administration focusing on this non threatening border crossing out in the middle of now where, it really highlights the values this administration put on immediate safety.

With the border states begging for help and deployment of the National Guard, the administration is willing to funnel money in an area that never avg. more than 3 cars per day. It seems more like a money laundering scheme to fleece the tax payers out of their dollars and fill some political coffers.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Seeing as TPTB want a North American Union, this really doesn't surprise me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6953177c65e.jpg[/atsimg]

With the secret agenda of opening ALL borders, why wouldn't they claim Eminent Domain?
Over all the citizens property along every border.
It's the only "legal" way to get property...

That is, if you think you actually "own" it.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Check out this thread I just started to show why harassing this poor Vermont family is a travesty and makes no sense when you look at the bigger picture or where the threats are really coming from.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Knowing that this is a VT. farmer, and the fact that most of my family is from the New England area, this man will not be afraid to exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights. I know my family wouldn't be afraid to do so. This is down right piracy on all levels. Terror threads from Canada?!?! Really? Does Janet Napalotano have nothing better to do than to threaten farm owners? If I were this man I would be getting a good lawyer, and appealing to a Federal Court for this travesty.....either that or prepare for a war, because this is stupid, idiotic, and just plain dumb.

Let's focus our attention on the southern border where all the focus should be in the first place. Get them the hell out of this country first, and stop worrying about farmers that are on the border of Canada.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
While I am a big supporter of any and all efforts to control our
borders, spending $8 million dollars to cover only 14,811 crossings in one year is not an appropiate use of funds. Simple solution is to close the Morses Line crossing station if it is that dangerous according to customs, and idea which apparently is under consideration as per the article mention here:

US Senator Patrick Leahy, a Vermont Democrat who supports the family, raised the idea of closing the Morses Line port with Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano last month. Napolitano promised to hold a public hearing Saturday in Franklin, Vt., the town that includes Morses Line.

Lopez said the government has already hired a contractor, but he added that officials will hear out opinions voiced at the meeting.

“All options are on the table,’’ he said. “If the community and the state and whatever disagree with us, we will talk to Canada about closing the border"

Smart move guys........and hey by the way we could use an extra $8 million or so down here on the borders of Texas/Mexico where the REAL problems exist, and I am sure that more than 14,811 (illegals) not primarily legal Canadians or U S Citizens who use Morses Line, cross thru on a regular basis. I agree that weak links are usually the most vulnerable point of attack, and that terrorists have used Canada as
an entry point, but closing it is a better utilization of resources, something that we have to start thinking about at some point in all of our expenditures.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
With a volume discount the 8 mill could buy enough 50 cal to put a big dent in the southern border problem. But then maybe it'll create some construction jobs probably to be filled by illegals from the south

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Class, can you say Constitution Free Zone?

2/3rds of all Americans live in this 100 mile buffer zone that runs around the entire border of the U.S. If Eminant Domain doesn't work I'm sure that they will continue to wipe their backside with the Constitution and use the Constitution Free Zone to get the property.

Billions of dollars in drugs get into this country every year. It's been almost 10 years since 9/11 and no terrorist attacks even though drugs and illegals flow over the boarders. Where are all these terrorists that hate us sooooo much. Not one legitimate attack in those 10 years even though the boarders are practically wide open? Bullocks

I live in the Constitution State and the whole state falls under the Constitution Free buffer zone. I wonder if I can start a petition to change our name to the Constitution Free State?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I thought you were for border security?

But only on the southern border...right???

This only confirms what many of us already think...it isn't about "border security"...it is about brown people.

If you want border security and walls built everywhere...then be prepared for the governemnt to be doing this all along the northern and southern border.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRoadLessTraveled

Not one terrorist attack? The Christmas Day Undie Bomber...His privates are thanking their existance that the bomb didn't go off. How about the Nazi Azazi who was planning to blow up the NYC subways, or maybe the Time Square Bomber, who couldn't figure out what fertilizer goes kaboom.

Though the above mentioned criminals didn't cross over the border on foot, the one that have already crossed and are currently crossing are just buying time. The problem of porous borders is huge and all the effort should be concentrated on the borders aligned with Mexico.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

This only confirms what many of us already think...it isn't about "border security"...it is about brown people.

If you want border security and walls built everywhere...then be prepared for the governemnt to be doing this all along the northern and southern border.

There you go again blowing on that "Racist" horn of yours. Go and read the article, then try to comprehend my post. I mention that efforts need to be put where the problem is.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Knowing that this is a VT. farmer, and the fact that most of my family is from the New England area, this man will not be afraid to exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights. I know my family wouldn't be afraid to do so.

I bet anything they won't "exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights"...and I bet you wouldn't either. Tough internet talk...it is funny.

Who are you going to shoot...the construction workers who go to develop the land???

And what does "exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights" even mean.

2nd Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

So is he going to stand there bearing his arms??? The 2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to just shoot anyone who you disagree with.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There you go again blowing on that "Racist" horn of yours.

If the shoe fits....

Go and read the article, then try to comprehend my post. I mention that efforts need to be put where the problem is.

THen you should support this because they clearly say this is a weak spot on the border for security reasons.

What is more of a problem....terrorists sneaking in a nuke there and blowing up New York City or an illegal crossing the border to pick strawberries???

The only way an illegal looking for work trumps a terrorists trying to sneak in weapons is if you have other motives for wanting to keep out the illegal...for example if you are a big racist.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

THen you should support this because they clearly say this is a weak spot on the border for security reasons.

What is more of a problem....terrorists sneaking in a nuke there and blowing up New York City or an illegal crossing the border to pick strawberries???

The only way an illegal looking for work trumps a terrorists trying to sneak in weapons is if you have other motives for wanting to keep out the illegal...for example if you are a big racist.

Weak spot on whose analysis? Napalotiano dumb butts analysis? Seriously the Kool Aid drinking might take a bit longer to wear off on those people who actually think that this VT farmers region is a Dangerous Zone.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Can you show us anything that there is a mass entrance into the United States via the Canadian border - as there is from Mexico? Or is your sole purpose here to throw out unjustified "you are a racist against browns" comments?

Estimated amount of illegals from various countries.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa89def1feb8.png[/atsimg]

[edit on May 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The last I checked, these "brown" people streaming into our country aren't
coming from Canada. Or do you know the difference? The last map I
looked at shows Tijuana and other mexican towns down in the south,
not up by Montreal. I don't know why we need to worry about
our neighbors up north too much. Sure, we need to keep an eye on who is
coming into the country from the north, but 99.99 % of the problem just
happens to be "brown" people.

And the last I heard, these aren't Norwegians, Swiss, Irish, French,
German, Finnish or Scottish people coming across the southern border.
Those folks have figured out how to get into the US "LEGALLY".
And they haven't come here demanding anything. They even learned
English if they didn't already speak it. And they don't fly the French or
German flag and rub it in our face like these "brown people" do.

You guessed it, it is "brown" people from Mexico who are criminally
breaking the law, not our friends from Deer Creek, Alberta, etc.

This reply should have been directed to Outkast Searcher, and
not to prionace. Sorry !!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by endtimer]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join