It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 18
40
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


I am a Christian and I do not hate anyone. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but I do not go around judging people for what they do behind closed doors. That is not MY place! I do not believe that GOD hates gays anymore than I believe he hates all of us sinners. GOD is love. I accept everyone. I don't go around bashing people for their beliefs and it really bothers me that everyone on here is so quick to bash Christians.

The only thing that I have a problem with and (what I think Donkey Dean is saying about the media) is that the media portrays that anything goes and that it is sexy to be with both sexes. For impressionable young kids that is a bad thing. If you believe that watching smoking being portrayed as cool on tv can lead to children smoking, then you may understand where I am going with this. Its like "free love" all over again but this time with both sexes.

I know 12 - 13 year old girls that make out with other girls to impress boys. Anything that promotes promiscuity is a bad thing in my opinion. These girls aren't "going both ways" because that is "who they are". They are doing it to look cool. If you do not realize that this is going on, then you really need to open your eyes and read up on the subject.

You should also learn a thing about tolerance. I am tolerant of others beliefs but it seems like tolerance is thrown out the window when Chrsitians post on this site. No one can bash other religions or lifestyles on here without having their posts removed but you can say whatever you want about Christians and Christianity and it is totatlly acceptable. To me that is just sad.


Well, as i believe the bibles laws were done by man, and nothing to do with God what so ever, then of course it pi**es me of when i hear people say its a sin. My brother is gay, and so is my sister, and i know what they have been through, and still go through. I people are going to post on here stuff about gay people, and how its a sin, then i will post on why i think the bible, and religon is a load of crap!




posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by Donkey_Dean
 



That said I feel I have an obligation to ensure my children do not think it’s ok to be gay just for the hell of it.


As if that was possible.


Shows your basic lack of understanding of what it is to be gay. No one is gay "for the hell of it". Truth is though, that lots of people do swing both ways, not for the hell of it, but because that is the way they are; nothing more, nothing less.


No one is gay for the hell of it huh? I heard that in Oklahoma the public school system had to rethink how they were presenting homosexuality. All over the state girls were banned from going to the bathroom at the same time due to sexual activity. I have gay family members by the way, my cousin who was my best friend growing up is a lesbian. That led to many gay friends over the years. I don’t care at all whatcha do, but if I can help it my children will raise families and bring many grandchildren into this world. If they do decide to live a gay lifestyle then I will be supportive of that.

What exactly did I say that set you off anyhow? That I don’t want my children to be gay just for the hell of it? Honestly I wouldn’t care so much if my daughter was gay, but my sons. Not if I can help it! I’m sorry if this has somehow made you feel dejected. I am not your father after all, I am sure he loves the fact that you are gay.





[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]


So, if your son was gay, you would rather he live a lie all his life?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Jay-morris]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormwind™

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Stormwind™
reply to post by Donkey_Dean
 





Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

I personally worry that my children...




Awful isnt it. I read what he wrote and inside I am cringing. Then I think omg how far have we come and still someone like this is able to get a job, earn money, find someone who is interested enough to produce a life with him, and he is obviously allowed to vote and I pity him, his kids, his poor wife and his country. Because sadly he is in no way alone. And if his kids grow up smart they will end up probably hating him for his views because when they interact with other, much more enlightened people, they will look at his views and pity him also. Otherwise his genetic line produces nothing more than a moral cul-de-sac.
Personally that statement is a worry, on the other hand at least refuse collection will be safe for another generation.


I worry about his children too. Its parents like this who children end up killing themselves because mummy and daddy say that being gay is a sin. They put there faith (not real) in front of there own children. Worse parents in the world are religious parents!


[edit on 5-5-2010 by Stormwind™]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Stormwind™]



Were you talking # about my kids?

I didn’t bash you dude, and I am not your father. I am sure your father loves the fact that you’re gay ok! I do not preach to my children that being gay is wrong. I do understand that some are gay by design, and my children’s well being is what is most important to me.

That said I had many gay friends growing up and I have seen many a straight women fall to the advances of my charming lesbian cousin. I wish a straight life for my children mostly because of the way my gay friends lives have turned out. Well that and I want grandchildren, and honestly it would be a little embarrassing to me. Like I had done something wrong you see. My cousin was abused in every which way you could imagine and I connect the homosexuality to that I guess. I grew up in the same household as my cousin and I love her like a sister. Growing up she was my best friend. I could give a # whether she is gay or not.

A common friend Kirby died some years ago from AIDS, and I heard some others I knew back in the day are living with HIV.

THANK GOD I NEVER SWUNG THAT WAY!!!!!



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by moonleaf
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


I am a Christian and I do not hate anyone. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but I do not go around judging people for what they do behind closed doors. That is not MY place! I do not believe that GOD hates gays anymore than I believe he hates all of us sinners. GOD is love. I accept everyone. I don't go around bashing people for their beliefs and it really bothers me that everyone on here is so quick to bash Christians.

The only thing that I have a problem with and (what I think Donkey Dean is saying about the media) is that the media portrays that anything goes and that it is sexy to be with both sexes. For impressionable young kids that is a bad thing. If you believe that watching smoking being portrayed as cool on tv can lead to children smoking, then you may understand where I am going with this. Its like "free love" all over again but this time with both sexes.

I know 12 - 13 year old girls that make out with other girls to impress boys. Anything that promotes promiscuity is a bad thing in my opinion. These girls aren't "going both ways" because that is "who they are". They are doing it to look cool. If you do not realize that this is going on, then you really need to open your eyes and read up on the subject.

You should also learn a thing about tolerance. I am tolerant of others beliefs but it seems like tolerance is thrown out the window when Chrsitians post on this site. No one can bash other religions or lifestyles on here without having their posts removed but you can say whatever you want about Christians and Christianity and it is totatlly acceptable. To me that is just sad.


Well, as i believe the bibles laws were done by man, and nothing to do with God what so ever, then of course it pi**es me of when i hear people say its a sin. My brother is gay, and so is my sister, and i know what they have been through, and still go through. I people are going to post on here stuff about gay people, and how its a sin, then i will post on why i think the bible, and religon is a load of crap!


And that’s your prerogative man! If my son decides to be gay then I will support that. What do you think I would do exactly? For some there is little choice as it is biology at work, but for the vast majority being gay is a clear choice. I don’t want that choice to be influenced by a glorified perception of homosexuality. It’s not ok friend, it could even cost my son his life! All of us have a gay side most just choice not to indulge it.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by Stormwind™

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Stormwind™
reply to post by Donkey_Dean
 





Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

I personally worry that my children...




Awful isnt it. I read what he wrote and inside I am cringing. Then I think omg how far have we come and still someone like this is able to get a job, earn money, find someone who is interested enough to produce a life with him, and he is obviously allowed to vote and I pity him, his kids, his poor wife and his country. Because sadly he is in no way alone. And if his kids grow up smart they will end up probably hating him for his views because when they interact with other, much more enlightened people, they will look at his views and pity him also. Otherwise his genetic line produces nothing more than a moral cul-de-sac.
Personally that statement is a worry, on the other hand at least refuse collection will be safe for another generation.


I worry about his children too. Its parents like this who children end up killing themselves because mummy and daddy say that being gay is a sin. They put there faith (not real) in front of there own children. Worse parents in the world are religious parents!


[edit on 5-5-2010 by Stormwind™]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Stormwind™]



Were you talking # about my kids?

I didn’t bash you dude, and I am not your father. I am sure your father loves the fact that you’re gay ok! I do not preach to my children that being gay is wrong. I do understand that some are gay by design, and my children’s well being is what is most important to me.

That said I had many gay friends growing up and I have seen many a straight women fall to the advances of my charming lesbian cousin. I wish a straight life for my children mostly because of the way my gay friends lives have turned out. Well that and I want grandchildren, and honestly it would be a little embarrassing to me. Like I had done something wrong you see. My cousin was abused in every which way you could imagine and I connect the homosexuality to that I guess. I grew up in the same household as my cousin and I love her like a sister. Growing up she was my best friend. I could give a # whether she is gay or not.

A common friend Kirby died some years ago from AIDS, and I heard some others I knew back in the day are living with HIV.

THANK GOD I NEVER SWUNG THAT WAY!!!!!


First off, i am not gay. My brother and sister are Gay. The problem i have is this sin rubbish that people throw about. So, God knows that some people are boen gay, so they cant do nothing about it, but its still a sin. That makes no sense at all. Also, aids is not a gay thing. Anyone can get aids a number of ways. I never understand this gay and aids thing! At the end of the day, its unprotected sex! Is it a gay thing these other sexual diseases, not, it is not. So, if all these people who bring up the gay and aids thing, then why dont they bring up the other diseases you can catch while having sex?

When i have children, and my son turns out Gay, it would not bother me at all, as long as they are ok. Mind you, i wont be brainwashing them with religon, so that would make it easier for them to come out!



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by moonleaf
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


I am a Christian and I do not hate anyone. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but I do not go around judging people for what they do behind closed doors. That is not MY place! I do not believe that GOD hates gays anymore than I believe he hates all of us sinners. GOD is love. I accept everyone. I don't go around bashing people for their beliefs and it really bothers me that everyone on here is so quick to bash Christians.

The only thing that I have a problem with and (what I think Donkey Dean is saying about the media) is that the media portrays that anything goes and that it is sexy to be with both sexes. For impressionable young kids that is a bad thing. If you believe that watching smoking being portrayed as cool on tv can lead to children smoking, then you may understand where I am going with this. Its like "free love" all over again but this time with both sexes.

I know 12 - 13 year old girls that make out with other girls to impress boys. Anything that promotes promiscuity is a bad thing in my opinion. These girls aren't "going both ways" because that is "who they are". They are doing it to look cool. If you do not realize that this is going on, then you really need to open your eyes and read up on the subject.

You should also learn a thing about tolerance. I am tolerant of others beliefs but it seems like tolerance is thrown out the window when Chrsitians post on this site. No one can bash other religions or lifestyles on here without having their posts removed but you can say whatever you want about Christians and Christianity and it is totatlly acceptable. To me that is just sad.


Well, as i believe the bibles laws were done by man, and nothing to do with God what so ever, then of course it pi**es me of when i hear people say its a sin. My brother is gay, and so is my sister, and i know what they have been through, and still go through. I people are going to post on here stuff about gay people, and how its a sin, then i will post on why i think the bible, and religon is a load of crap!


And that’s your prerogative man! If my son decides to be gay then I will support that. What do you think I would do exactly?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]


I dont know what you would do.



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


I have no straight friends with HIV. Several people I knew growing up are living with the disease. All are gay men. I don’t know why there is a connection but there clearly is one.



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


I have no straight friends with HIV. Several people I knew growing up are living with the disease. All are gay men. I don’t know why there is a connection but there clearly is one.


Because you have no straight friends with aids does not mean much, as penty of straight people do have aids. Im not saying that more straight people have aids, what i am saying is aids is not a gay disease. Try saying that to the millions of africans that are suffering from aids. Aids is a sexual disease, as simple as that, no a gay disease that i hear some people saying. If you are gonna say that, then your gonna have to say that all sexual diseases are gay related.



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


I have no straight friends with HIV. Several people I knew growing up are living with the disease. All are gay men. I don’t know why there is a connection but there clearly is one.


This man is really embarrassing and despite myself I find myself giggling. It just beggars belief.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Stormwind™]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Well I am not making it up!

I heard the African epidemic was started by tainted vaccines, the same happened to the gay community here in America with tainted hepatitis vaccine ( dmc.members.sonic.net... ). I imagine that’s why the rates of infection are higher among gay men.

It is what it is man.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind™
 


Good one, yeah your right. I am broke as hell and cant hardly make it at all. Have a nice life ya drone!


[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123
 


Finally, justice for retardation and stupidity



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean
 


awwww thanks. Drone. An improvement on fag. Headway made in Hooks shocker! I would suggest you put some valid time into looking up HIV statistics. I think you will find that straight people with it outnumber gay people with it. The reason they suspect is due to the fact that people like you believe it's a gay disease. And so if your str8 your safe. Sadly someone forgot to tell the virus. It only cares about survival. Not sexuality. So anyone will do. And because us "fags" have had it drummed into us for years about protection we are less likely to get it. Due to education. As a piece of trivia for you the Africa situation is made worse by of all things religion. The catholic church in their compassion and wisdom have made it a sin to use protection. So aids is rife. And I really think you shouldn't cmment further because each time you do you show a further dimension to your self. You IMHO appear to be quite an unpleasant person who's perspective and knowledge predate your god. Sorry but the world outside Hooks has moved on at a very shocking rate if your views on here are typical of the level of opinion where your from. I will and continue to have a lovelly life cheers. I hope reading our replies to your comments on here help you to further your life.



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


Well I am not making it up!

I heard the African epidemic was started by tainted vaccines, the same happened to the gay community here in America with tainted hepatitis vaccine ( dmc.members.sonic.net... ). I imagine that’s why the rates of infection are higher among gay men.

It is what it is man.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]


Not " i heard this, and heard that" What it comes down to is people having sex. If i went out and had sex with a girl and caught aids, is that a gay person fault. No, it would be my fault for havng unprotected sex. I would have no one else to blame but myself!

Thats the fact we are dealing with here!



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great post stormwind

I do believe that the root of the bible is evil. Written by men to control people. and it is controling people. You can read the bible and twist it to your hearts content. From white people being the only important race, to jesus being white,blue eyed and blonde lol Its all a joke!


[edit on 5-5-2010 by Jay-morris]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Jay-morris]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Jay-morris]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind™
 


My God huh? Did you bother reading my posts?

www.cdc.gov...

I didn’t make it up Storm. Gay men account for nearly half of the more than one million people living with HIV in the U.S. (48%, or an estimated
532,000 total persons).

Don’t get your panties in a wad. I am not here gay bashing. I was just making a point. If you live a gay lifestyle you expect to be called a fag. Do you really care?

If you are really up in arms because someone called you a fag when you are in fact a gay person then you may need to re-evaluate. I really hope you are not too cool for school here. We all are gay in a way friend. Just most of us do not act on it. For all kinds of different reasons religion beeing just one of many.

Living as a homosexual is a hardship like no other as you do not form the support structures needed later in life. Here is a very relevant documentary: veehd.com...

My grandfather told me on his death bed that his life was complete and full of love because of his children and grandchildren and that his life without us would have been a waste. I wish a full and complete life for my children nothing more. I do not want them corrupted by a glorified image of homosexuality.


[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Using that rather bizzar logic that means you expect to be called a banjo strumming roadkill eating redneck. With Half the blame for the spread of HIV.

I doubt you do. And yet acording to your logic it's all fine.

I am afraid donkey dean you no longer require replies because your arguments are those of a school child and I am concerned that you may well be someones child using their parents computer. I refuse to believe an adult could be so uneducated in the ways of the world and I feel it would be unfair to keep embarressing you.



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Stormwind™
 


My God huh? Did you bother reading my posts?

www.cdc.gov...

I didn’t make it up Storm. Gay men account for nearly half of the more than one million people living with HIV in the U.S. (48%, or an estimated
532,000 total persons).

Don’t get your panties in a wad. I am not here gay bashing. I was just making a point. If you live a gay lifestyle you expect to be called a fag. Do you really care?

If you are really up in arms because someone called you a fag when you are in fact a gay person then you may need to re-evaluate. I really hope you are not too cool for school here. We all are gay in a way friend. Just most of us do not act on it. For all kinds of different reasons religion beeing just one of many.

Living as a homosexual is a hardship like no other as you do not form the support structures needed later in life. Here is a very relevant documentary: veehd.com...

My grandfather told me on his death bed that his life was complete and full of love because of his children and grandchildren and that his life without us would have been a waste. I wish a full and complete life for my children nothing more. I do not want them corrupted by a glorified image of homosexuality.


[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]


Do you fill your children from a young age with religon. If so, then that is wrong! I am not saying you are, but i guess i would like to know.

If you are a parent, and you are telling your son bad stuff (not saying you) about being gay. How the hell do you think he will react, if he is gay. That would mess him up more than anything, esp when you mix that with the evil that is religon. Why do you think many many young gay people kill themselves or get seriously depressed?



posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Jay-morris
 


www.cdc.gov...


I dont care about that. It means nothing, and you are missing the point! Aids is a sexual disease, not a gay disease. I dont understand why you keep on bringing this up!



new topics

top topics



 
40
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join