It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 26
<< 23  24  25   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So has he been taken to court yet. Would be interesting to see, if they put the bible on trial, since this individual was reading passages from it.

Would be a president for the P/F to put the Holy Bible on trial, for judge to rule wither or not it was genuine or fake. Can you imagine the ramifications of that.

It is obvious to me, the PCSO, in question pushed the individual female to make a complaint. Just so he could make an arrest. Lets hope the new government, will retract the ridiculous, erodement of our civil liberties in the UK.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
It is obvious to me, the PCSO, in question pushed the individual female to make a complaint. Just so he could make an arrest. Lets hope the new government, will retract the ridiculous, erodement of our civil liberties in the UK.

Well it shouldnt really be obvious because a PCSO has no abilities to arrest at all. And the woman approached the PCSO so . . . . .

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind™

Wrong the Female in question was approached by the PCSO, so get your facts correct. Read the article first before jumping in and making baseless comments.

After the woman walked away, she was approached by a PCSO who spoke with her briefly and then walked over to Mr McAlpine and told him a complaint had been made, and that he could be arrested for using racist or homophobic language.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well seems commonsense has prevailed, the case against the Preacher has been dropped:

A Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality was sinful has had the charge against him dropped.

Dale McAlpine, 42, was charged with a public order offence after telling a gay Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) that he believed homosexual activity was against the word of God.

But the Crown Prosecution Service has confirmed he will now not face charges.

TeleGraph

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by Stormwind™

Wrong the Female in question was approached by the PCSO, so get your facts correct. Read the article first before jumping in and making baseless comments.

After the woman walked away, she was approached by a PCSO who spoke with her briefly and then walked over to Mr McAlpine and told him a complaint had been made, and that he could be arrested for using racist or homophobic language.

I did read it I guess I remembered it wrong. No need to be so superior. And I notice you decided not to mention the PCSO part of my comment where your incorrect statement said "so he could get an arrest". Which a PCSO cannot do and nor is it his purpose. So I guess we should both check our facts.

As for common sense the CPS does not deal in common sense it deals in what can be proven easily and without doubt.

Source: Barister.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
'Correct' spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation are NOT the topic of this thread.

Rather than delete a number of posts, I Beseech you all to remain On Topic.

thank you

Can we add arguing the validity of the bible to that list as well masqua?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

Hows about adding all religious doctrines to that list also. The Koran, The Bible, Jewish Doctrine, etc. Why don't we put the whole lot on trial.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
As someone who does NOToppose homosexuality I think it is ill advised to censure the preacher's comment, especially since the statement is intellectually honest, from a Christian paradigm. Warriors for equality should be careful not to tread on their brothers' feet, for those who are exercising what should be a universal human right: the right to free speech, are seeking equality of a different means and as long as it does not incite or encourage violence should be protected; just tread carefully.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The basic right of someone to speak their beliefs should be a birth right that only stops at death threats and harassment.

It's the same freedom that gives anyone the right to express being homosexual that applies to free speech of anything.

I fully support any individuals right to be homosexual and to express their sexuality but here's my point, I don't like hearing of homosexual acts, I just don't. Again I support gays, have two gay friends but I simply don't like discussing their sexual details and they accept this. One doesn't let me talk about science either, I accept that.

If I were in a public place and heard something of say a sexual nature which I validate but simply don't want to hear about - I should have no right in the world to ask these strangers to stop discussing their topic whatsover.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Check out the cops in Dearborn, MI arresting Christians on public property:
here's the link:

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Whether its the muslims or the christians, homosexuality has always been a 'mortal sin' at both the camps. The only way it can be 'undone' as a sin if every Bible on earth was burned to ashes by these retards.

Hope the UK police isn't listening

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
You're a theist with Christian tendencies.

Fantastic post Son of Will, I love the quote above. I would give you an applause if I could.

I also didn't know the other information you posted - I will keep it for the next time I hear some bible basher pushing their medieval or cherry picked views on others.

As will all religion, the pushers adapt it to fit their own twisted agenda.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

A minority is not determined by what you do, but who you are. You can't become a minority by worshiping frogs. It is based on who you are as a human. Actions are the result of chose not nature. You don't have to agree with me I still love you.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
...Come one dude. Homosexual agenda?

The guy shouldn't have been arrested, the cop was over sensitive, ignorant people should just be ignored.
No "homosexual agenda" though.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25   >>

join