It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

www.telegraph.co.u k

Dale McAlpine was charged with causing “harassment, alarm or distress” after a homosexual police community support officer (PCSO) overheard him reciting a number of “sins” referred to in the Bible, including blasphemy, drunkenness and same sex relationships.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+28 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The world has totally gone mad supporting the homosexual agenda and beating down religion any way they can.

Commenting in public that you feel same sex relationships are wrong lands you in jail and charged with a criminal offense? No wonder the odd sane person loses it.

More from the article:

"Police officers are alleging that he made the remark in a voice loud enough to be overheard by others and have charged him with using abusive or insulting language, contrary to the Public Order Act.

Mr McAlpine, who was taken to the police station in the back of a marked van and locked in a cell for seven hours on April 20, said the incident was among the worst experiences of his life.

“I felt deeply shocked and humiliated that I had been arrested in my own town and treated like a common criminal in front of people I know," he said.

“My freedom was taken away on the hearsay of someone who disliked what I said, and I was charged under a law that doesn't apply.”

Christian campaigners have expressed alarm that the Public Order Act, introduced in 1986 to tackle violent rioters and football hooligans, is being used to curb religious free speech."

www.telegraph.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
AH, we were waiting for this. Sorry for the vic. Hate speech, where will it end-I mean where will the selective enforcement end?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I do agree with you. Not just homosexuality. But everyone seems to get upset about something and then complain about the person who said something negative they did not like. Welcome to America in the 21'st century.

+11 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hi leo123,

Thanks for posting this. I find it extremely hard to believe that a man could be taken in by the police for voicing his opinion. I'm not from the UK so I have no idea if this is the way things are going over there? Is the UK so preoccupied with political correctness that they have gone completely insane? Regardless weather one agrees with what the Bible says or not does he not have the right to quote it in public in the UK? We need the right to say what we want, if it is anti-Christian or Christian or what ever.

Another thing this makes me think is that Christianity is at its best when it is trodden upon. God came down in human form and they nailed him to a cross, should we expect anything less? I'm glad that people are free to think and feel the way they want. Let them reject Christ and hate on Christians it just strengthens those who believe. As we come ever closer to the Last Day, I suspect the masses will turn even further from Jesus and more and more of this will happen.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

I guess it is freedom of speech you guys been bragging about sooo much and for soo long..

Muslims were right after all ^^

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
well they can come arrest me too
cuz the way I read the Bible
it is a sin.

I also smell a big lawsuit coming
from this.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

Thanks for posting this S&F. The UK has lost its mind with political correctness. In fact, most of Europe for that matter.

Whatever happened to freedom of religion. Stating that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin is just saying what the Bible says. That isnt hate speech. That is love speech. In a Christians mind saying something like that is the same as warning someone that they are about to fall off of a cliff.

The sad thing is that if we dont get our crap together in the USA the "Progressives" will drag us into the same mess.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When I read the title I was thinking "I bet it's in the UK, I bet it's in the UK" and of course... yep UK.

What is wrong with that place? God save(or is it have?
) the queen, because we sure as heck don't want her.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

If you use that argument then we have to accept the argument that the bible is fictional and incorrect in this matter and that the idea of sin is antiquated and, when referenced from a Christian perspective, completely contradictory.

We don't want to get into a head butting contest.

If this story is correct, then it is a clear case of political correctness gone crazy.

Although I disagree with the fundamental Christian perspective on a lot of things, I don't think that we should stop people from speaking about it's values ... to a point of course.

To say that homosexuality is a sin is not "hate speech" (gees this term is being overused). A lot of people think it is. It doesn't mean they are right (they are not) and it doesn't mean they hate homosexuals.

"God hates Fags", on the other hand, is a clear example of hate speech with homosexuality as context.

In my opinion, this incident was far, far from this kind of rhetoric but, by charging the preacher, puts it in the same basket.

This happening is far more dangerous to us than a little fire and brimstone ... Although this seems like it was more like a little smoulder and hard boiled eggs ...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Considering how many people have been put to death officially & otherwise for being homosexual this is not that huge.

If he wasn't being aggressive & vicious, i think he should be allowed freedom of speech.

. . . delivering a sermon from the top of a stepladder . .

Although if he is saying it from the top of a step ladder that does sound like attempts at intimidation.

He should have been told to come down from his step ladder & communicate & express opinions in a human & personal way,

& THEN if he refused he could have been hauled in on being a public nuisance & harassing people.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
ADL was behind similar legislation barring hate speech in the U.S. a couple years ago. That language was stripped from the bill before passage.

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Good for those cops.

It's not like they were arresting non-bigoted religious preachers. Just saying.. Don't be a bigot, and maybe you wont get picked on in return

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by leo123

I guess it is freedom of speech you guys been bragging about sooo much and for soo long..
Muslims were right after all ^^

Ah, ...what?
what are you talking about?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Dale McAlpine has been blessed by G_D for preaching the truth. The hateful anti-Christians will use any excuse to persecute, belittle, defame or inflame, in order to achieve their satanic agenda.
My prayers are with you preacher.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

that PCHO is not only a laughable title...but is also not doing the gay community any favors.

Just goes to prove that stupidity doesn't discriminate.

It occupies all genders, races, shapes, and sizes.

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well all I really have to say after reading all these bigotry filled comments, as a homo sexual myself:

Another bigot bites the dust!!!!

The unsympathetic view most of you show towards homosexuals, I show towards hate spreaders like that. Ya give what you get.

Btw boondock-saint - that preacher sold me his daughter because the bible told him to. I had to kill her because when I married her I found out she was not a virgin.

People view the one of the two articles in the bible mentioning gay people and obviously haven't read down a few verses to see what else their ancient scholar had to say about children and women. SELECTIVE READERS MUCH???

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
belief is secondary
the important thing is to conduct

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They should lock him up for insanity.

If you treat a belief as a proven fact and start preaching hate towards people who don't share your belief then where do you draw the line?

If I set up a religion that said, disabled people who are born that way are evil and deserve it, as it's a punishment from god based on their sins from a previous life, then preached that to people on a street, is that ok too? ...i hope not!

There are so many religions out there, all with their own dogma, who are we to say which is right.

i find it strange how in modern society we like the idea of innocent untill proven guilty for judging people on crimes, yet people are quite happy to judge people on morality based on their own individual belief.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Tykonos]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Bit unfair to be arrested for expressing your religious views. If he had made threats or called for harm to homosexuals that is a different matter and not acceptable. I can understand homosexuals would find this offensive, but isn't it time to toughen up in this regard? Surely there are more effective ways to deal with being offended than crying to the police.

It just seems strange that Muslim clerics can hold protests advocating Sharia Law in the UK (usually by suggesting the current system be "replaced), but if a Christian expresses his beliefs publicly he is arrested. Double standards?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join