It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Whether an Extremist does so in the name of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Atheism, or Non-Believer, committing violence against another person based on their sexual orientation is disgraceful. I cannot believe there are people driven so much by hate that they need to harm somebody else based on something as trivial as that.

[edit on 10/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Whether an Extremist does so in the name of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Atheism, or Non-Believer, committing violence against another person based on their sexual orientation is disgraceful. I cannot believe there are people driven so much by hate that they need to harm somebody else based on something as trivial as that.

Well said!
This is not God hate, its human hate! People seem to think that god would think like us, hate the things we hate. The reason for that is we, as a race are driven by hate. Look at all the trouble in the world at the moment

Religon is about as real as any other fairy tale story. Like i said before, people are gay not of choice, like i am attracted to females. I did not chose to be attracted to females, i just and. So, if God is real, then how can he say this is a sin and you should not do it, when he would clearly know its not there choice to make. Is it just me, or does that sound a bit evil!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator

Originally posted by Nutter

there was completly no need for that nutter.

Really? Try getting beat up every two years or so because of who you are. Does that happen to Christians?

beaten up? wow

in north korea 2009 kim jon ill targeted all christians as a result christians were arrested torured and even killed!

its believed that 600,000 north koreans are in a political prison. 20 - 60,000 are christians just because of what you believe

all around the world christians are being killed and tortured for what they believe not just beat up my friend

Well, thats not the same thing really. In north korea, its not just christians being killed, its many people, some without religon. kim jon ill is a very nasty peice of work, and its a terrible thing that people like this can rule countries and get away with the stuff they do.

Gay people are not just beaten up, they are murderd too. The difference is, they are murderd by people who are not taking orders from a dictator, but people on the street, and yes, some do get murderd by people who say that being gay is a sin. How many christians get murderd on the street for being christian? not many i bet. So, of course its alot more dangous being a gay man than being a christian.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

if you had notcied i said he targeted christians in 2009 which is true. i know its not just christians but he targeted them there.

i also said there weer 600'000 people in polictical prisons and 20'-60'000 were christians that leaves quite alot of people that arnt.

so i did not say it was only christians.

the whole being christian being safer that Gay all depends on the place you are really.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

if you had notcied i said he targeted christians in 2009 which is true. i know its not just christians but he targeted them there.

i also said there weer 600'000 people in polictical prisons and 20'-60'000 were christians that leaves quite alot of people that arnt.

so i did not say it was only christians.

the whole being christian being safer that Gay all depends on the place you are really.

I was just making a point. Its harder for a gay person to walk down the straight, than a christian, and that is true. I live in brighton uk. I love living here because you can be what you want to be, and no one cares. There is a huge Gay community here, and they are free to do whatever they want, and thats so cool. The place i lived before (Luton) you could never do that without the risk of being hurt.

Are you a christian? What is your take on life on other planets?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
life on other planets is going off topic please stay on topic.

yes i am a christian. i do believe being gay is wrong. but i dont condem. i have Gay friends they no i believe it is wrong. but they dont care we are still friends.

true in lutten its probs easier for a christian to walk down the street than a gay person. but in other countires its the other way around.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

yes i am a christian. i do believe being gay is wrong. but i dont condem. i have Gay friends they no i believe it is wrong. but they dont care we are still friends.

true in lutten its probs easier for a christian to walk down the street than a gay person. but in other countires its the other way around.

Do you think being gay is a choice?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

This is the message I feel needs to be heard. I also have family and friends that are gay. They know I don't agree with their lifestyle, but we still get along. The person they are is so much more important than their sexual orientation. I just cannot imagine how another person's sexual orientation can lead anybody to want to bash them up! To me it is like deciding to bash up the neighbour you have known for 10 years because he likes to go for a jog every morning when you and most other neighbours prefer to sleep in.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

i believe homosexual behavior is wrong

and homosexual attraction is a temptation.

we all have temptation. the thing about temptation is that we are supposed to resist it!

its when we divulge in the temptation that it goes wrong

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by Helmkat

As a nerd, I get a lot of hatred and rage at my nerddom. I mean, I'm a super nerd. I enjoy science, I watch universe documentary, I play video games and openly express my love for dungeons and dragons, axis and allies, and settlers of Catan. I've gone to nerdy conventions and wear nerdy shirts. I've had a lot of hatred come down my way at school and from people, society hates nerds, sometimes nerds even get assaulted because of the hatred of nerds. Obviously, the only solution is to outlaw and arrest all people that say bad things against nerds. Nobody understands how dangerous hateful words are against nerds and it needs to be stopped.

When your Pastor starts telling you that being a Nerd is a sin and you are going to burn for it, then we will talk.

Till then I will be right beside you playing WOW, MTG and Cataan. Oh and Nerd is the new cool in case you didn't know.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

My thoughts exactly! Thank you for your post!

For the people that say that homosexuals are born that way and how can it be a sin if they are born that way... What about murderers, pedophiles, etc...? They have strong temptation to do things and live their lives a certain way but that does not make it right. Just because a pedophile is "born that way", should they be out acting on their feelings?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Some nutball saying homosexuality is a sin is no different than a media talkshow host degrading nerds or, in some cases, vilifying them (in the case of dungeons and dragons players in the 80s many people considered them dangerous because of news casters.) My facts still stand, you cannot censor somebody because you don't like their message. You don't like it, too bad, deal with it.

Oh and by the by, Nerds still aren't the new cool, geeks are. Nerds are still outcasts who are picked on, assaulted, socially unacceptable and still considered dangerous by the media.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

its completly different.

homosexuality is a choice. a choice to persue that temptation.

nerds are just clever

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
People have as much choice to be a nerd as they have to be homosexual.

Take that statement however as you wish.

Fact is, my comparison stands. You can't thought police people that have an opposing viewpoint on your life/sexuality/political views/religious views/interests.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

thats what the whole thing is about though. a preacher was ARRESTED for saying homosexuality is a sin? where does freedom of speech come in there?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Exactly my point. He should not have been arrested, it's an egregious violation of his freedom of speech and expression and a disturbing attempt at thought control.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

i believe homosexual behavior is wrong

and homosexual attraction is a temptation.

we all have temptation. the thing about temptation is that we are supposed to resist it!

its when we divulge in the temptation that it goes wrong

Oh dear!

Its just as much a temptation, as it is a temptation for me being attracted to women. If i was gay, the i would get so piss*d off with people like you thinking they know how i feel!

It is not a choice, or a temptation, as you put it. My brother and sister did not choose to be Gay. They did not go through a life of hell at the begining just for kicks. Its because that the way they are. I knew my brother was gay from a very early age, and so did he, and this is before he was sexually mature, or before his hormones kicked in, so how can you say this is a choice, or temptation?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Exactly my point. He should not have been arrested, it's an egregious violation of his freedom of speech and expression and a disturbing attempt at thought control.

I did post what had happened. Because it appears some are commenting without actually reading the article in question. Should you do so, you will then be in a position to comment in context. Your post shows that you did not read it. If you did read it then I find that amazing you feel a 20 minute lecture to someone who had approached the preacher due to a complaint from a female member of the public, was appropriate. The person who approached was gay. Police overheard the lecture and UNDER BRITISH LAW not some odd weird system or "gays oh the poor gays" system, had to arrest him due to the content of his lecture. The person in question is a community officer. They approached the preacher and advised that due to a complaint from the public they should tone it down. The preacher did not like this and ranted for 20 minutes about homosexuality. Police intervened. It is not a breach of freedom of speech when the content of the speech is inflammatory and liable to offend. And offend it did - it offended the lady member of the public, it offended the community officer and it offended the arresting police. It offended me and it would offend a great many members of the public HERE in the UK. SO unless you live here I do not think you have a say with regard to our respect for belief nor on points of our laws. I'll say that again - ON OUR LAWS. I do not think you would tolerate us in UK saying how you should run your country and its laws so I suggest you respectfully either prove his freedom of speech was removed using text from the British freedom of speech law, or keep your self imposed ruling that his freedom of speech was taken to yourself.
As for an attempt at mind control, I think THAT statement refers to how you feel about your own circumstances in your country and not mine.

Inflammatory comments liable to offend may cause a disturbance of the publics right to peace (whatever the content or nature of the comments). The same if a drunk is yelling swear words, or a yob is disturbing and intimidating people. Its all disturbing the public's right to peace. To have the right to go about their day without negative impact. That did not happen, the preacher was advised what he had done - the rest is history and he deserved it. Good job well done. And despite your uniformed cry of "oh but his freedom of speech" he broke a law he knew to exist. I cant understand why he could not preach the word in a proper environment. A church (DUH!). That is what a church is for isnt it. A place of worship. Where you go to hear the words of jesus and God. I dont go to the shops and look for a person up a ladder to tell me how a boiler works. I dont go to the shops to look for someone up a ladder to tell me I am bad because I like to smoke. I dont go to the shops to find a person up a ladder to lend me a book or two. No I go a library (say the next bit slowley like your talking to someone not quite all there) BECAUSE THATS WHERE YOU GO TO BORROW BOOKS.
A shopping centre is for shopping. Not to hear the word of God. End of.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

its completly different.

homosexuality is a choice. a choice to persue that temptation.

nerds are just clever

Under your user name I looked for occupation and it said member. I'll agree with that.

Homosexuality is NOT a choice do not be so daft. Really, the level of your comments borders on those of a school child. The choice as you then state is whether to pursue that temptation.

OK - sad as this is going to be - prove that being homosexual is a temptation. Or the act of living life as a homosexual is a temptation.

I mean this is going to be pitiful and cringe worthy to the point of toe curling in the extreme but it was also demonstrate the level of ignorance here from this poster.

Bring on the entertainment. Go for it illuminator.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf

My thoughts exactly! Thank you for your post!

For the people that say that homosexuals are born that way and how can it be a sin if they are born that way... What about murderers, pedophiles, etc...? They have strong temptation to do things and live their lives a certain way but that does not make it right. Just because a pedophile is "born that way", should they be out acting on their feelings?

As far as the modern educated world understands it

Homosexuality - legal

Murder - illegal
Paedophilia - illegal

And thats the LAW. I mean correct me if I am wrong, which I'm not.

I think the best bit was where you said "just because paedophiles are born that way, should they be out acting on their feelings."

SHOULD they be out acting on their feelings, and in the context of your comment relating those CRIMES trying to lump them in with homosexuality.

HAHAHAHA O MY GOD, how backward is your point of view. LMFAO. I mean honestly "Oh I am such a good christian I really am, oooooo my daughters friend, sleeps around with anyone ew ew ew but I dont judge I mean its ok because my daughter was brought up right by me and she knows its wrong."

Or there is the fact that homosexuals as you put it should not act on their feelings because like Paedophiles and murderers they are clearly as bad as each other and should not be permitted to do these things.

I tell you what darling, I would love to be there the day you arrive at them pearly gates. I would imagine the laughter would reach all the way down to earth. Which is where you would be if you tried abstaining from whatever substance you are clearly abusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join