It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian preacher arrested for saying homosexuality is a sin

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

I dont care about that. It means nothing, and you are missing the point! Aids is a sexual disease, not a gay disease. I dont understand why you keep on bringing this up!

I think he's trying to say that it's a disease that's most commonly inflecting gay men in America, more so then straight couples. I'm not sure why he is arguing that, but I'm also not sure why we are arguing any of this, on a thread not about it. The topic isn't about your opinion of gays, it's about the preacher whom was arrested for saying something, and the breach of his freedom of speech.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
I didn’t make it up Storm. Gay men account for nearly half of the more than one million people living with HIV in the U.S. (48%, or an estimated
532,000 total persons).

This is patently false. It is men who have sex with men. That includes all the unprotected prison rape going on (and don't tell me it isn't going on).

Seperate those heterosexuals out of that "statistic" and it leaves a lot fewer gay men.

If you live a gay lifestyle you expect to be called a fag. Do you really care?

If you're black...you expect to be called a n*gger....do you really care?

If you're a fundamental Christian...you expect to be called an *gnorant fool....Do you really care?

Yes. We (all of us) should care. Because there is no reason to be called a F*g, N*gger, *gnorant Fool, etc. It's hurtful and hateful.

You should care.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Originally posted by Jay-morris

I dont care about that. It means nothing, and you are missing the point! Aids is a sexual disease, not a gay disease. I dont understand why you keep on bringing this up!

I think he's trying to say that it's a disease that's most commonly inflecting gay men in America, more so then straight couples. I'm not sure why he is arguing that, but I'm also not sure why we are arguing any of this, on a thread not about it. The topic isn't about your opinion of gays, it's about the preacher whom was arrested for saying something, and the breach of his freedom of speech.

Thats part of the discussion, and so is this because they are both connected. If people post "yeah, its a sin" then of course people will react to that with there own argument.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

I didn’t make it up Storm. Gay men account for nearly half of the more than one million people living with HIV in the U.S. (48%, or an estimated
532,000 total persons).

This is patently false. It is men who have sex with men. That includes all the unprotected prison rape going on (and don't tell me it isn't going on).

Seperate those heterosexuals out of that "statistic" and it leaves a lot fewer gay men.

What? Wh...WHAT?!

No, hold on. I can't.. Ok, ok, I'm better. Where the hell did you get such a loaded statistic like that? You are saying that the majority of men who have hiv/aids are victims of prison rape? According to the HRW in 2001 there was roughly 140,000 reported prisoner-on-prisoner male rapes in the US.
Now according to the CDC, as of 2006 there are between 800,000-900,000 people in the US with AIDS/HIV, so even if 100% of those sexual assaults produced a transmission of HIV (something us scientific-like folks like to call EFFING IMPOSSIBLE) than I'd have to say your full of it.

Don't pull things out of thin air to support your beliefs, there's enough of that crap on ATS already.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Even better - according to some homosexuality is a mental illness which can be cured by psychiatry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until you get caught....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Even better - according to some homosexuality is a mental illness which can be cured by psychiatry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Until you get caught....

LOL! Its a true sad fact that some people do think its a mental illness

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Given, I was just showing the link. Like I said I am certain it is directly related to the way HIV was introduced to this country. For years the vast majority of those infected with HIV were gay males.

They offered free hepatitis vaccines to gay men in San Francisco but the vaccine was tainted with HIV. No one knew for a long time all the while the gay men were unknowingly spreading the disease. The gay community is still very hard hit. If you have sex with any person male or female that has the HIV virus then you may become infected. Anal sex is anal sex whether its with a man or a woman. However because HIV is so wide spread in the gay community Bi or gay men are 44x more likely to become infected with HIV. It is not because of homosexuality but rather a terrible mistake by the vaccine manufacturers. I imagine if you went to Africa and started having sex with females you would be 80x more likely to become infected. It is very simply a matter of how the virus is dispersed.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

From the CDC its right there in black and white
www.cdc.gov...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I'm not sure why you are directing me to that link, what was I questioning in your posts? Your numbers are factually correct. Might want to re-read my post you are replying to.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

532,000 total persons).

If you live a gay lifestyle you expect to be called a fag. Do you really care?

If you're black...you expect to be called a n*gger....do you really care?

If you're a fundamental Christian...you expect to be called an *gnorant fool....Do you really care?

Yes. We (all of us) should care. Because there is no reason to be called a F*g, N*gger, *gnorant Fool, etc. It's hurtful and hateful.

You should care.

You know Nutter I liked John Lennon too, but his song imagine was just a pipe dream. Yes blacks are called Ni*****, homosexuals are called faggots, Christians are called ignorant idiots. What of it? I used to know a guy named nutter by the way. "Kirby Nutter From College Hill Ar."

No I don’t care, I use derogatory terms just as they are used against me. I am not out burning crosses or curb checking homosexuals. Hate is something entirely separate from my figurative speech friend.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I'm not sure why you are directing me to that link, what was I questioning in your posts? Your numbers are factually correct. Might want to re-read my post you are replying to.

I see sorry about that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Given, I was just showing the link. Like I said I am certain it is directly related to the way HIV was introduced to this country. For years the vast majority of those infected with HIV were gay males.

They offered free hepatitis vaccines to gay men in San Francisco but the vaccine was tainted with HIV. No one knew for a long time all the while the gay men were unknowingly spreading the disease. The gay community is still very hard hit. If you have sex with any person male or female that has the HIV virus then you may become infected. Anal sex is anal sex whether its with a man or a woman. However because HIV is so wide spread in the gay community Bi or gay men are 44x more likely to become infected with HIV. It is not because of homosexuality but rather a terrible mistake by the vaccine manufacturers. I imagine if you went to Africa and started having sex with females you would be 80x more likely to become infected. It is very simply a matter of how the virus is dispersed.

My arguement has always been with the religious side of the gay debate. Its clear that Aids is not a gay disease, so it is a bit annoying when some people say it is. But then again, many people make wild claims about being gay. From mental illness, to being possessed by a demon
I have gay friends too, and a gay brother and sister. So, this debate is a personal one for me.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Except in much of the western world, it is a gay disease. The people that have been hit hardest in America and most of Europe from HIV/AIDS were homosexual males. To deny that is to deny probably the biggest issue in the community that there is.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Except in much of the western world, it is a gay disease. The people that have been hit hardest in America and most of Europe from HIV/AIDS were homosexual males. To deny that is to deny probably the biggest issue in the community that there is.

It is not a gay disease. Do only gay people get it no! If you get Aids through sex, then its the person fault, nothing else and no one else. If i went out tomorrow and had sex with a girl without protection, and i get aids, then its my fault!.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Perhaps you misunderstand the issue. Nobody said a "gay-only" disease. They said a gay disease, i.e. a disease that is very important and prevalent in the gay community. That's what whats-his-face has been talking about this whole time, not that if you "don't got the gay" that you can't get aids. Whether you wish to admit it or not, the people who were hit first, were gay. The people who were and still are hit the hardest, were gay. The people that spread it in the first place, were gay. The historical identifier, when asked "who were hit the worst by the disease" is now, was then, and still will be "gay men."

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Perhaps you misunderstand the issue. Nobody said a "gay-only" disease. They said a gay disease, i.e. a disease that is very important and prevalent in the gay community. That's what whats-his-face has been talking about this whole time, not that if you "don't got the gay" that you can't get aids. Whether you wish to admit it or not, the people who were hit first, were gay. The people who were and still are hit the hardest, were gay. The people that spread it in the first place, were gay. The historical identifier, when asked "who were hit the worst by the disease" is now, was then, and still will be "gay men."

So, what are you saying. That gay people started aids, and if it was not for gay people, there would be no aids? Also, try saying that to the millions of people who are dying from aids in africa. Mostly through hetrosexual sex. Everyone, no matter what race,sex,gay,straight will suffer from aids.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You have a severe inability at reading. I can see why you and whats-his-face have been arguing for two pages straight, because you are seeing words not written, and refusing to acknowledge the actual conversation at hand.

Homosexual men spread HIV/AIDs to one another due to a lack of protection. It spread from them in America to straight drug-addicts through transmission of the disease via unclean needles, and from there it spread like wildfire through both straight and gay carriers. Did it start with gays? Sure. Would it have spread regardless? Yup. Does that matter? Nope. Why? Because it's historically linked to homosexuals in America, and they are still the largest percentage of those inflicted with the disease in America. that is why is it historically, and currently, a homosexual oriented disease.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You have a severe inability at reading. I can see why you and whats-his-face have been arguing for two pages straight, because you are seeing words not written, and refusing to acknowledge the actual conversation at hand.

Homosexual men spread HIV/AIDs to one another due to a lack of protection. It spread from them in America to straight drug-addicts through transmission of the disease via unclean needles, and from there it spread like wildfire through both straight and gay carriers. Did it start with gays? Sure. Would it have spread regardless? Yup. Does that matter? Nope. Why? Because it's historically linked to homosexuals in America, and they are still the largest percentage of those inflicted with the disease in America. that is why is it historically, and currently, a homosexual oriented disease.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by WolfofWar]

So, the first person to have aids was gay. So, did a gay person have sex with chimpanzees because thats how they think it spread to humans, and that was through chimpanzees. So, chances are it was not a gay person that caught aids first. Chances are, it was somewhere in africa, considering that where these chimpanzees came from. Ok, the first known case was with gay people, and alot of gays have suffered with the disease, but so have hetro people. You saying it was homosexual oriented disease is plain wrong.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

HIV came from vaccines Jay.

www.originofaids.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Really?

link

link

I dont think so!