It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

LOL, if there IS such a thing as a "typical" black person any more than there are "typical" people.

I marvelled the other day when i met a real rarity in West Texas: a black person from Africa. This person is nothing at all like the black people who i see in my town. In my town, a black man is either a thug or an intellectual. There is nothing in between. No real examples of quiet, black men raising their family quietly and without real significance outside his own experience. They are either intellectuals (transplanted in from the Northeast), or thugs that you avoid as you would any thug.

Perhaps part of the problem with racism in America is the ambassadors. On national level, if i look for examples of Black people i am barraged with Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and folks like them. On the other side i get a bunch of folks like Kanye West, Lil Wayne, etc. There is no real analogue in the black community for "Joe the Plumber", or just a regular citizen.

Why has this thread deteriorated? Because of the thread title. It pissed people off to see the word "oppressed" in the title, referring to the black community. Folks are tired of having to carry the baggage of our forefathers, and want to be judged not by the actions of our ancestors, but by the content of OUR character.

I think America has grown tired of the poisoned logic that represents our racist past.

I also think that the Democrats use of "racism" as a label for people who do not agree with our current president has removed any shred of legitimacy that such words carry. It may be unfortunate, i don't know. I, for one, feel it is time we leave the ghosts of our civil rights past behind us, and look forward into making each and every American the best that they can be, regardless of their heritage. I know that most Americans who are not deeply invested in the cultural wars that are waged in the name of racism likely would agree with me.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exposing The Devil

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by Ausar

SO TRUE!!!

THANKS

There are people that truly hate when we as an african american race have researched and studied the truth and are tired of accepting THEIR story,

HIS story

HISTORY

Is'nt it funny now white people have destroyed the Earth, everyone is quick to say we all all the same people.

Lumping us into one bowl like if we all polluted, over produced and destroyed the Earth, only one group of people did this, and they try to blame everyone else.

What about India and China?

Typical white responce when someone talks about slavery:

"Everyone else enslaved people in history" - true, but never on the scale of white people.

"That was our ancestors, not us, get over it!" - I don't see white people rushing to pay back the 400 years of free labour they got off us Blacks, Natives and Hispanics, in fact there still reaping the benefits of it.

they say it because it is true. You hold a grudge against people who were descendants of descendants who owned slaves? What about the people who sold them into slavery?

The funny thing is that the Bible told us they would do that.

It's also funny how when any hidden history comes up about anything other than white people, people are quick to disprove and dis-credit it like if white people have been telling the truth about everything the whole time.

Sirach 41:7
The children will complain of an ungodly father, because they shall be reproached for his sake.

Revelation 13:10
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.

Guess whos up next for slavery? America is almost done for.

It is something to discuss history, and another to blindly accuse without allowing the other side to respond. By saying this is a for black people and black people only is not showing us the beautiful heritage and history. It is showing ignorance and intolerance because of skin color.

Do we always have to separated because of skin color? You be the judge.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Also forgot to add, how do you enslave people for 400 years, take their land, erase their history and then wonder why some of them might be racist and don't forgive?

How about Black, Natives and Hispanics enslave white people for 400 years and throw them in the gutter, then ask them how much they like us and why they can't forgive and forget.

thats it in a nutshell.

you feel as though someone did something to you. which no one did. and you feel you shouldnt have to forgive.

forgive what exactly? what slave trades have you been through? know any slave masters still?

go find them, and we will imprison them for being demented f**ks.

otherwise, go lay down somewhere and suck up the fact that life just sucks, and if you keep yourself in hate, there you shall stay.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
They can earn their money just like everyone else.

Typical response, like we haven't heard that before.

400 years of slavery, free labour, now white people are telling us to earn our money like everyone else.

Well maybe we will earn our money just like you white people did, with 400 years of slavery, that sounds good.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yodagod
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Atheism can be just as illogical as religion.

What's so illogical about rejecting for lack of evidence the concept of an invisible man in the sky ?

We are in no position to know if godlike entities exist or even if a creator exists.

All we can do is guess and make theories.

As large and as old as the Universe is, I cannot imagine there not being things out there that would fit the definition of being a "god".

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Also forgot to add, how do you enslave people for 400 years, take their land, erase their history and then wonder why some of them might be racist and don't forgive?

How about Black, Natives and Hispanics enslave white people for 400 years and throw them in the gutter, then ask them how much they like us and why they can't forgive and forget.

One it wasn’t four hundred years goof ball, America Became a country in 1776 Slavery was ended around 1870 Do the math that’s less than a hundred years.... want to throw civil rights in there okay 1776-1968 I’m still not seeing 400 years….

You and Black Militants, white separatist, and Atzlan kooks are the reason why there will never be peace until Jesus comes home.

Just so you know Africans had Enslaved Europeans, Egypt raided Greece and other European Med Nations, tribes and stole them...... Let the hate die.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

400 years of slavery, free labour, now white people are telling us to earn our money like everyone else.

Well maybe we will earn our money just like you white people did, with 400 years of slavery, that sounds good.

your mind is as poisoned as it can get with hatred.

no wonder you have no clue why people call you racist.

op has proven for the last time, he is nothing but a mere troll.

o and leave it to a cartoon to tell you how to think.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

*stomps*

link   

You are perhaps the dumbest person out there, I or maybe I am... I am so stupid I was unaware there was a pile of White money available, man after all these years of struggling living in the slums of Cincy and the Reservations in North Carolina, I can now take my rightfully place as a Rich White man and get me some of that White man’s money.... Not to be confused with Obama money......

Where do I get White money from?

link   

he is often left to question and reason in a relative vacuum due to the stigma attached to atheism in our community. His resources are limited. He is unable to find like-minded individuals with whom to discuss his increasing doubts. Inevitably he turns to his lifelong spiritual advisors, his parents, grandparents, or the church fathers themselves to discuss his disbelief only to find his fledgling arguments battered down by dogmatic theologists and zealots and his questions dismissed with the typical and oft-refuted replies of free-will, intelligent design, and finally… faith. Unsatisfied, but afraid to speak up because he has not yet learned enough powerful counter-arguments and fears being rejected by his own community, he nods his head and feigns agreement, retreating solemnly back behind the protective veil of faith.

And when she turns to the enlightened ATSers she is battered down by dogmatic theologists and zealots...

The OP stated that this article "Words of Wrath" represents views she agrees with. Have any of you theologists and zealots even read the article?

link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I'm curious as to what the TS, or any atheist for that matter, has against the message of Christ.

Is it the 'love thy neighbor' part...or maybe the 'give to the poor' part?

Maybe it's the 'forgive your enemy', or 'judge not, lest ye be judged' part?

Oh i got it, it's the 'love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and strength' part.......because it's too uncomfortable to live this short life thinking about having to be held accountable for our actions some day isn't it?

The truth hurts.

Speaking for myself only, it's not the message that's the problem. It's the current messengers. Too many Christians these days are quick to tell the rest of us we're going to hell for not believing exactly as they do. That gets under my skin a bit.

The way I look at it, if there is some spirit in the sky out there somewhere responsible for creating this planet and everything on it, then that entity should care more about how I live my life than who I declare eternal allegiance to out of all the gods I could choose from. If I live a good life, am kind to the people around me, and do what I can to help others, that should mean more than saying I believe and sitting in a pew every Sunday while being an ass the rest of the week.

But the messengers were sent by the messenger. The message comes from witnesses via Christ via God.
I know that Christianity has been tarnished at times, and used by evil people at times, but it's message is universal and timeless. That true love is sacrifice. That giving is more important than receiving. That denial of self is best.
These are the pillars of the message....but there are other pillars that the messenger spoke of...
like that there is indeed one God and He dwells over all things. That He requires blood as atonement for sins. That sin, through free-will, has separated us from Him, (think intentionally muddy feet on a new white carpet), and that a door, or portal was made available for mankind to escape judgment and be reconciled to their creator again....and that it is a test of each person in their ability to slay their own pride, and accept a free gift of salvation, by admitting that they are not capable on their own of obtaining a level of sanctification and holiness to ascend to a higher plane.
If God is the new mansion with a new white carpet, we are the disobedient kids who played in the mud on the way over, and Christ is the door mat, (willingly), and this example of willingness is the root of His message.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Wait, you mean I have money earned from slavery out there somewhere? Really? And all this time neither side of my family has used it or claimed it? And they somehow managed to accumulate this money while being a slave? Awesome! So how do I go about claiming this money? I need a new alternator for my car so I don't have to jump start it any more.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

It's 400 years, your white laws and official dates mean nothing.

You are in captivity till you are returned back to the land you came from.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

What a sad sad person and a disgusting thread. I'm going to go make one now about the evil black Muslims and their campaign of hate and forcing their beliefs on Europeans now.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It's 400 years, your white laws and official dates mean nothing.

You are in captivity till you are returned back to the land you came from.

I really think you are a troll, and I shouldnt feed you... But Like I mentioned earlier I am stupid because there white money out there and I diddnt even know it, but you a black man did.. Wow...

But anyway, you seem to forget a lot of things and flip them to view your own warped sense of reality. But you cant change a persons mind who hates for no reason... I guess when Jesus comes home you will miss the boat.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by Tiger5

Ummm....What about the Israelis when they were conquered over and over again. How has their culture and heritage lived on for so long? You assume that because the white man invaded that your people were forced to accept Christianity.

Believe me, if your heritage wanted to remain as they were they would have changed by now. The Israelis never switched to other religions and stayed their own, yours would too if it wanted to.

I do not know what post of mine that you are replying to so I will not comment.

The Israelis were never part of the OP.

What is your opinion on this sentence below.

It was not really the slavery that was ever the issue it was one of right supremacy.

I would like to hear it

And another thing why are you feeding da troll????

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Tiger5]

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You might as well be the dumbest person in the world, if you don't know how America became the richest nation in the world, it's called 400 years of free labour.

Just because your ruthless white rich forefathers were to greedy to toss you a bone of the trillions they made of slavery is not our problem, its called being a two time loser.

yea, im sure it had nothing to do with free capitalist society.

just your poor poor helpless ancestors..... the only reason at all america is great as it is.

just leave the country, or are you too attached to the government teet to leave.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Sorry I was replying to "Exposing the Devil". Honest mistake.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join