It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I get the intention of the OP and understand that it is not meant to come across as blacks should denounce christianity because it is the religion of the "masters", it is a question period. Personally I have asked this myself being an american of northern european descent, my ancestors as well ultimately embraced christianity even though it wasn't their own and even though they were murdered and tortured and forced to give up their native beliefs by the Romans.

I think what happens in the beginning of this kind of assault is that those who convert in fear, teach their children the new religion (or whatever the case may be) as if they truly believe it themselves, in order to protect their children. In a few short generations it is a complete take over, full of people who believe they in turn must spread the word.

Great topic, S+F.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by firstonterror

Um, Catholicism is only one branch of the three original branches of Christianity. There is also Greek Orthodox, which you could call Eastern Christianity, and then there is Gnosticism, which mainly kept underground for centuries, and is probably the most true to the teachings of Christ.

Once Martin Luther, the man Martin Luther King was named after, translated the bible to German, so that everyone could read it, people quickly realized they were getting scammed by the Catholics, and began a revolution.

But hey, you can choose to be ignorant.

<< 28  29  30   >>

join