It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
On Topic means related to:

"Why Blacks embrace their opressors God"

This is NOT Chit Chat either

Semper

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
INT. BROADCAST

The 1 known as the beast, 1 who is INTELLIGENT AND VERY DECIEVING wants mankind to segragate so you can all kill each other so the FINAL WAR OF SPIRITS CAN BEGAN...

[edit on 3/10/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

This is true.
Black people trying to use the forces of righteousness to assert some kind of superiority over others, is as bad as when others do it to manipulate us. Of course other people are going to resist that with every fiber of their being because we have all been slaves, and we all have racial memories encoded in our genes of what it’s like.

This is the main way the true enemy of our species keeps us living in hell on this earth when we can be living in a paradise; everybody wants to live above and be more special than somebody else.
Nobody is better than anybody else. Nobody is god or lord over anybody else. Even if you are, by being the descendent of some Alien, dinosaur, or something, people don’t have to let you be.
Don’t matter if “god” created, or cursed us to be slaves or not. Most of us don’t wanna be, so it’s # “god” if that’s what “god” wants for us, just like Nimrod said.
But the Creator of the universe never created any masters and slaves and the one-upmanship stuff needs to stop.
I know who this being we call Jesus really is, according to the Ancients. It’s no big secret—just a bunch of people in denial, or trying to refute what was written in the past regardless of the truth.
It does matter what race or color this being is depicted as, but only because you just cannot have one group of people worshipping the image of another and expect that former group to rise or exceed.
Everybody knows that Allah looks like an Arab, Jehovah, looks like a Jew, and so on and so forth. I don’t what they say.
The thrice Hermes thing is all about how the image of gods are changed by people who want to use that god’s energy force to build their own realities or empires.
Whites need that white image above their altars and Blacks need a black image above their altars; Asians, Natives, Browns—same thing.
That Entity now called Jesus really is the answer for the world and that Entity was around long before there was a white man or a Jew or Hebrew on earth.
He was a son of the “gods” and a child of the original woman, hence: son of man. He was a Nephilim.
As long as all groups takes in the message and try to live by it, it doesn’t matter if we use different images because the being called Jesus now, is mostly an energy force now. He left an energy behind him.
He wasn’t a god of persons, he was a god of justice—he looked after the weak, poor and oppressed.
Everything that god ever did, was to protect, defend and uplift the species of man.
His spirit/energy lives on.
Having said all that, I know that Black people wouldn’t even bother to assert themselves as the race that Jesus came from—even though they are right-- if Whites will stop with the relentless attacks on the very fiber of our being. I know I wouldn’t. But our young need to be defended. Our women need to be defended. And we have the truth to defend them with.
Still, most of us have no need to be in this constant, pointless competition about who “Jesus” came from.
Reading comprehension will tell you that “Jesus” could not have been white or Jew because whites and Jews live large on this earth.
Jesus was literally at war with the rich, and no rich person or greedy, selfish person—as most Whites undeniably are, based on the reality of this world system-- is going to want to see that guy come back.
He was not of, are for them, unless they took care of, and gave what they had in excess to the poor—who all over the world are the darker skinned people—but also many, many whites.
Everybody who can read, and has picked up that book, knows I’m telling the truth about this.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Well the physical segregation of housing outside of the big cities is a problem IMHO also It further concentrates people so black Atheists may get trapped in the same place as the churchgoing masses (black).

Me I am happpy to live places where people can just leave me alone.. I don't need the approval of blacks or white.

I think that too much reliance is placed on equal opportunity quotas in the working place because most businmess are small. Legislation should never replace hearts and minds.. The black community is coming of age in a way that it is fragmenting. I do not believe that white people are a homologous group neither.. The OP does speak indirectly of white supremacy. I am not saying you are a white supremacist but i bet that you know of a few. I know many idiotic Pan Afrikanists.

you are absolutely right.

the first step to getting on the right path, and out of the mindset that slums create, is getting out of there by helping yourself first.

if you have enormous weight put upon you, or that you put upon yourself, you need to first question what it is that is holding you back.

is it your intelligence? get a degree. with the multitude of black scholarships and grants, there is usually something. try surrounding yourself with not just like minded people, but intelligent people.

you dont have to agree with them to understand why they are saying things to you, and learning from people not like you, can be the most rewarding lessons ever.

i believe the black community focuses on church, because it truly is a source of power to feel loved and connected by people you see every day. you can grow and branch and seek your friends for help.

when you only sit around and focus on the negative, then negative will always find you. this doesnt matter if you are black green purple white or orange (yes some people are orange
)

the common white person is no ones enemy. we are generally very trusting, and sincere to all.

there will always be biases due to ignorance, but being able to learn and grow from experiences would cut that out. its the fear of the unknown more than anything, i believe.

edit: it seems the op just wanted someone to agree with her, than a real debate. the racism that was obviously present, held this thread back the most. part of that comes from only wanting to be right.

i can admit defeat pretty easily, yet not if i feel i am on the right path. hating just to hate is never the answer.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Buttercookie,

You wouldn’t teach me anything by saying they are racists on here who wouldn’t miss the occasion to gang up on you. They will get more and more blatant as this thread goes on. You have some legitimate concerns but it would be better if you were more objective and less emotional, haters love that.

It is immensely deceptive how religion can be use to bring hell on this earth rather than the contrary, hence why I myself lean towards atheism
The advice I have for you is, don’t let bitterness get the best of you. The journey for every being that have being oppressed and made to feel like nothing
Is a test on spiritual level. You have to be better than that, better than them. I guess the Evil in all of it is to get you to lower yourself to its level. If you spend all your life being angry and bitter, you will let pass the journey of evolution and the truth you are looking for.

Personally, I would prefer God to be a complete alien-looking specimen if he/it could be personified. However if the bible itself already indicate that he/it was likely “brown”, I don’t see the point of painting him/it otherwise.
It is unfortunate that an omnipotent, omniscient, all-powerful entity has to let low-level organisms speak in his/its name. That’s why we get all this mess in the first place.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Buttercookie,

You wouldn’t teach me anything by saying they are racists on here who wouldn’t miss the occasion to gang up on you. They will get more and more blatant as this thread goes on. You have some legitimate concerns but it would be better if you were more objective and less emotional, haters love that.

It is immensely deceptive how religion can be use to bring hell on this earth rather than the contrary, hence why I myself lean towards atheism
The advice I have for you is, don’t let bitterness get the best of you. The journey for every being that have being oppressed and made to feel like nothing
Is a test on spiritual level. You have to be better than that, better than them. I guess the Evil in all of it is to get you to lower yourself to its level. If you spend all your life being angry and bitter, you will let pass the journey of evolution and the truth you are looking for.

Personally, I would prefer God to be a complete alien-looking specimen if he/it could be personified. However if the bible itself already indicate that he/it was likely “brown”, I don’t see the point of painting him/it otherwise.
It is unfortunate that an omnipotent, omniscient, all-powerful entity has to let low-level organisms speak in his/its name. That’s why we get all this mess in the first place.

i agree, why cant god just show up and say, "look, sorry everyone, i know i confused the crap out of you showing up to jews then christians then muslims, but honestly its all the same thing. i do exist, i am awesome, and saturday is supposed to be the real day of sabbath. i'm really angry that you have all been killing yourselves over misinterpretations that are obviously your fault, as i am faultless (see bar rules). jesus was never in utah, and im not going to punish anyone for being confused. honest mistake. really... "

until that happens, i guess we have to deal with those who wish to hate kill and punish for nothing other than differing beliefs and color of skin.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well given the tithing system or hustling in the church black atheism is really saving money. The problem is that those that pay for jesus must police those who do not.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

I'm so done with this whole circus act

My ORIGINAL question was why do african americans embrace the religion of the ones that forced us in to slavery.

Plain and simple

I never stated what color Jesus or anybody was..never stated that we should hate white people, never stated that I myself am oppressed...

This thread was doomed from the get-go, because of the title, I guess.

I had no intentions to be discussing racicm at all, so how did we get here?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
This, for me, is one of the most embarrassing elements of Black culture, our zealous embracement of the God of our kidnappers, murderers, slavemasters and oppressors.

God doesn't "belong" to any particular "race" of humans. God created all human beings and is not a respector of persons. This means he doesn't distinguish human beings based on color. God looks on the inside; man looks on the outside. That's a principle of equality btw.....

By belittling the faith in God of your fellow persons of color, you are certainly not exemplifying anything positive.
Isn't the right to be free, a right in every way? Why do you want to keep people imprisioned with your shackles of "embarrasment" on fellow human beings. You are every bit an "oppressor" in your own unique modern way, are you not?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Didn't think I was going to ever agree with you but

The thing is the opressors of this world whether, it is by race, gender, religion or class are also fooling themeselves thinking they were sent here as superiors to overpower when in fact they are doing the devil's work. They are themeselves slaves to the devil(in the religious sense)!

When the better side of the truth of the world bites them back in the butt, their whole world view crumbles. We are all part of a whole.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Ok But as a gnostic why should you become an atheist? Is it because of the lack of direct spiritual experience? Don't get me wrong I respect your right to your atheism. I dislike the way that Xtianity has be coopted by TPTB. so just leave it to those who choose to continue. I also believe that Xtianity has a strangle hold on the black communities in the west.

Or is this just a futile attempt to get back onto the OP

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

I'm so done with this whole circus act

My ORIGINAL question was why do african americans embrace the religion of the ones that forced us in to slavery.

Plain and simple

I never stated what color Jesus or anybody was..never stated that we should hate white people, never stated that I myself am oppressed...

This thread was doomed from the get-go, because of the title, I guess.

I had no intentions to be discussing racicm at all, so how did we get here?

You didn't in particular, but others did bring up those subjects. Every post is not directed specifically to you. This is a discussion is it not?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well they enslaved us and shoved the image of Cesare Borgia down our throats.

400 years of this will force you to worship them.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good question OP. It is because they believe in him.

Next question.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You misunderstood me! I just wanted to say that I understand your frustration but to be careful not to fall into the trap of the "haters".

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

By using the term us, are you saying you are still a slave? Well speaking from my own view I don't think it is just African Americans that think that way. I think the majority of this country feel as if we are the slaves of the corporations.

And as it has been pointed out numerous times in this thread, it was not just a minority of Caucasians that had a role in the scheme of things.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Tiger5

Perhaps part of the problem with racism in America is the ambassadors. On national level, if i look for examples of Black people i am barraged with Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and folks like them. On the other side i get a bunch of folks like Kanye West, Lil Wayne, etc. There is no real analogue in the black community for "Joe the Plumber", or just a regular citizen.

Why has this thread deteriorated? Because of the thread title. It pissed people off to see the word "oppressed" in the title, referring to the black community. .

WellI am not a black atheist but I have to say that Sharpton and Jackson are also part of the reason why i would have no time for the black church they are both disgraces in their own ways. Many atheists would want to avoid themselves. But I would not judge the white community by glen Beck or george bush.

People talk about Kanye and all of the rappers. They have never ever heard of the rolling stones or even rock and roll. GOd help those who follow rappers as roll models and god help those who cannot realise bad boys (and girls) sell albumns (oops CDs).

Many Presumed Europeans use emotive language and cause ruckus in their own way. Some are deliberate haters others just want to be sensational. I tell everyone here we are all going to have to get along to change the governmetn and or TPTB. That operational unity is not the same as us all intermarrying or exchanging bodily fluids if people don't want to.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*** ATTENTION ****

You've had 3 chances now....

who's first ?

CUT IT OUT !!!!!!!!!

I am saddened that among adults, a Super Mod has to actually be forceful. ATS members, we are here to Deny Ignorance. Racism and race baiting is the epitome of Ignorance.

To the OP, do you have any questions about why there may be issues with race in our country? Do you see the pervasive, smothering ignorance that can come out of the woodworks of minds that are otherwise considered intelligent?

Maybe this thread should just be deleted? The wording of the thread title is going to be a lightning rod.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They also used white Jesus, A.K.A Cesare Borgia to kill and slave our brothers, the Natives who are Israelites like us Black slaves.

The Catholic Church is demonic and is an Anti-Christ.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I could never fall into any haters' traps....

I was frustrated because I couldn't post any comments for a while, that's all.

So anyways, back to my original point, I personally feel that most african americans still cling to the religion of their slae masters because after so many years of force, they began to slowly see Christianity as an 'escape'...it provided them with a coping mechanism. Actually most blacks truly don't know the origin of christianity nor the fact that this was not the our original religion practived in Africa.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join