It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Blacks embrace their opressors God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by mahtoosacks

You are WAAAYY off

Please quit tryna distract us

once and for all

how am i way off, did you or did you not do that?

you have continually said i wasnt even wanted in this thread, so that you guys can have self fullfilling masterbation of how hated on you are.

you arent, you are creating the hate.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How did this race war get started on here???

Oh I know....

Some folks with guilty subconscious (in their ancestry) noticed that african americans were chatting about something that could be both revealing and uplifting

so they come to 'disperse the crowd'

as usual

They feel that blacks need not discuss their history...EVER...

"Just be happy that you arenot enslaved and let's roll on..."

This is not for yall anyway, seriously.... you cannot relate and most importantly youo are trying to throw us off with silly, "You are being racists" comments.

Can we talk about our heritage, customs and history without yall feeling that we are being evil !!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN....you all can't understand cuz you ain't supposed to!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

It's a class war, silly.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

African Americans are truly a lost race.

We lost our names, culture, religions, families, and lives and yet when we decide to get together to dig for what we lost, you ( angry caucasian ATS'ers) get bent outta shape and acted like we've started a race-war..

I don't think you are alone. When I attempt to get back to 'my roots' it's really a mess. What's my root language? culture? religion? Am I Celt? partly. Am I Anglo? partly. Eastern European? I suspect so. American Indian? maybe, at least some relatives think so.

Lost leading the lost. The victor culture becomes default, along with language and religion. The 'superior' has a lot of artificiality about it.

I hope I'm not getting off topic, but I do think the underlying problems and questions are much broader than African/American. So many 'whites' are content to think of 'white' as a culture, or religion. It would help if every one questioned established assumptions a bit deeper.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh I know....

Some folks with guilty subconscious (in their ancestry) noticed that african americans were chatting about something that could be both revealing and uplifting

as usual

This is not for yall anyway, seriously.... you cannot relate and most importantly youo are trying to throw us off with silly, "You are being racists" comments.

Can we talk about our heritage, customs and history without yall feeling that we are being evil !!!!!!!!!!!!

right, we dont understand.

we are just so lowly people that cant understand anything youve been through. i mean seriously, when have white people ever had anything bad happen to them before? never right?

you didnt start this as a talk about your heritage, you started this asking why every black person believes the devils god, devil being white people.

you still cant even see the innate racism in this.

my families past and present has never done anything to your people. EVER. if you can prove that any of these things happened to your family, rather than being an immigrant like the rest of us, then fine you get to say your family was brought here as a slave, but that still doesnt bring automatic sympathy to you.

i think that the church has done lots for the black community. its a source of good that brings people together, and these people are usually very happy with their choices of belonging to a church.

i lived in savannah ga for 6 years and i know first hand what living in a society of 80% blacks is like. some of my greatest friends, have been people straight from the ghettos of savannah. i never judged them, for their life choices, or if i did, i said it to them with brotherly love so that maybe someone can see that its not anyone else's fault for you being held down. i never tried to act like them, and they sure werent going to act like me, but its about how we coexist.

its your own fault for allowing people to hold you down.

being a white male, it may seem like sunshine and rainbows for me everyday. i have a decent vehicle, an alright job, and i go home to my beautiful girlfriend everyday. my dog jumps up to me when i get home.

no one gave me this, however, and i had to fight tooth and nail to get anywhere. you think me sitting around feeling sorry for myself got me anything? no it will never do that.

so instead of fighting your own people over your religious views (or lack thereof), why dont you see the great it has done for the black community.

it may have a white man posted up as jesus, but it could be any color and still be a great message for all.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

African Americans are truly a lost race.

We lost our names, culture, religions, families, and lives and yet when we decide to get together to dig for what we lost, you ( angry caucasian ATS'ers) get bent outta shape and acted like we've started a race-war..

I don't think you are alone. When I attempt to get back to 'my roots' it's really a mess. What's my root language? culture? religion? Am I Celt? partly. Am I Anglo? partly. Eastern European? I suspect so. American Indian? maybe, at least some relatives think so.

Lost leading the lost. The victor culture becomes default, along with language and religion. The 'superior' has a lot of artificiality about it.

I hope I'm not getting off topic, but I do think the underlying problems and questions are much broader than African/American. So many 'whites' are content to think of 'white' as a culture, or religion. It would help if every one questioned established assumptions a bit deeper.

thats exactly true.

unless you are royalty, chances are you will never find out what your grandfathers grandfather was.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ok I kind of get what you are posting. But do tell me when did racism end? Did it end with the 1960s? 1970s? or 1980s?

My point is that which ever date that is picked it is around a generation or perhaps more. Given then oppression that happend during racism do you now believe that the table is now equal? If there is still major social inequality for a people that go back to the earliest days of the Republic how can this situation be resolved in the quickest possible timespan?

These are the big problems that exist.

Maybe the hamitic curse is true.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Tiger5]

Racism hasn't ended, and i doubt it really ever will.

Consider the age of humanity. Consider that there are likelihoods that humans killed off Neandertals. Consider the tribal nature of man, The fear of that which is different that is ingrained in our psyche.

Racism hasn't ended. It never will. There will always be people who believe that they are superior for one reason or another. Be it because of skin color, national heritage, money, size of their feet, whatever.

RE: equality of black people in America....i cannot say that it is anyone's fault until i see that the individuals involved, on their own personal level, are accepting full responsibility.

Like i said, racism is a two way street. And you surely must understand, given the stereotypes that pervade America, it is scary to people to see the aggressive actions of groups like the Black Panthers, or the rhetoric of Jeremiah Wright when juxtaposed against what they believe black people are.

Doesn't make it right. But you can spend your time yelling about what is right, or you can spend your time trying to fix the problem. Yes, the problem exists.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what the TS, or any atheist for that matter, has against the message of Christ.

Is it the 'love thy neighbor' part...or maybe the 'give to the poor' part?

Maybe it's the 'forgive your enemy', or 'judge not, lest ye be judged' part?

Oh i got it, it's the 'love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and strength' part.......because it's too uncomfortable to live this short life thinking about having to be held accountable for our actions some day isn't it?

The truth hurts.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

About here:

This, for me, is one of the most embarrassing elements of Black culture, our zealous embracement of the God of our kidnappers, murderers, slavemasters and oppressors.

Followed very quickly by the OP where your last sentence trails off while talking about whips and shackles. Automatically people are going to feel the need to remind you that neither you nor anyone else in this country is being whipped or shackled. That shouldn't come as a surprise on a website such as this one.

If you're wanting to discuss culture and customs, it would seem to me that you would start the OP by discussing that instead of just talking about slave masters and then trailing off.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

Contrary, God never changes - mankind does - God never does, never has, never will.

You keep saying it's a "crime" and "illegal" - can you cite the specific criminal codes you are referring to?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh I know....

as usual

I disagree - I think the "race war" started when you, the Original Poster, titled your thread "Why Blacks embrace their opressors God ".

By doing so, you singled out two different entities - white people, and Christians.

So actually, you managed to ignite not only a race war, but a Christian war, all in one title.
Proud of yourself?

And it IS evil to sit here and blame the white people, and God, for misfortunes that your ancestors, and MINE, suffered in "those" days.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are *you* currently a slave? Do you have shackles attached at your ankles? Do you have to call your boss or supervisor "Master"....

.....or do you just "choose" to act as if you do and have.

It is my opinion that the OP started this thread as means to start the typical "white/black" and "God/not God" battle - and then chooses to sit back and cry "Who me? Lit'l old me? I didn't say anything".

This thread started out doomed - because there isn't any sort of intelligent debate going on from the OP.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
I'm curious as to what the TS, or any atheist for that matter, has against the message of Christ.

Is it the 'love thy neighbor' part...or maybe the 'give to the poor' part?

Maybe it's the 'forgive your enemy', or 'judge not, lest ye be judged' part?

Oh i got it, it's the 'love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and strength' part.......because it's too uncomfortable to live this short life thinking about having to be held accountable for our actions some day isn't it?

The truth hurts.

Speaking for myself only, it's not the message that's the problem. It's the current messengers. Too many Christians these days are quick to tell the rest of us we're going to hell for not believing exactly as they do. That gets under my skin a bit.

The way I look at it, if there is some spirit in the sky out there somewhere responsible for creating this planet and everything on it, then that entity should care more about how I live my life than who I declare eternal allegiance to out of all the gods I could choose from. If I live a good life, am kind to the people around me, and do what I can to help others, that should mean more than saying I believe and sitting in a pew every Sunday while being an ass the rest of the week.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"RE: equality of black people in America....i cannot say that it is anyone's fault until i see that the individuals involved, on their own personal level, are accepting full responsibility.

Like i said, racism is a two way street. And you surely must understand, given the stereotypes that pervade America, it is scary to people to see the aggressive actions of groups like the Black Panthers, or the rhetoric of Jeremiah Wright when juxtaposed against what they believe black people are.

Doesn't make it right. But you can spend your time yelling about what is right, or you can spend your time trying to fix the problem. Yes, the problem exists."

Part of the problem is that there are knee jerkers on both sides. Another problem is that I am now beginning to despair. Despair comes hard to me as I am an optimist and am a real fan of humanitarianism.

The OP was about black atheists why do you think it went south so soon? Compare it to other OPs which manage to stay on track. I wonder if some of the people here are in denial about the impact of racism. If I am wrong then I will be the firsty to fess up.

I can learn from an idiot and have done so in the past (lol).

I am I suppose an atypical black person

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
White people are not denying there is still racism in the world -

but on that same note, I think the OP has proven, whether she realizes it
or not, that racism runs both ways.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Oh I know....

no you don't. If you truly knew than you would see how ridiculous you are being. I will finish off your sentences with your quotes. Now please tell me if I am wrong.

It seems insane, even sad to know that most blacks tend to embrace the 'white' Christ/God more than the white slave masters did themselves.

Maybe they see something true in his teachings? Have you ever thought they embrace it because they like it?

The thread is about blacks embracing Christianty as if it were our own. Not realizing that it is the religion that was tuaght by our WHITE oppresors who forced this religion down our throats...

Again, maybe they like the religion and see some truth in it.

Listen up

I know the depiction of Jesus in the bible is depicted as an african american
(even though we hang pics of the white blond haired blue-eyed one on the wall)

I know the true Jews were black

I know that Christianity is practiced in Africa today.

Yall are so off the topic and irrelevent to my topic tho!!

Lemme guess..... Most of my negative replies are....caucasian ATS members? I"m not being racist- never have and never will. But this topic, the ROOT of my topic does not even apply to you all...It may that you are feeling like I have stepped on your toes because of soem evilness of your race, but really this was a topic to mainly my fellow African American ATS'rs....

Again not everyone here is Caucasian to see how ridiculous your post really is. You should really do some research before regurgitating everything your teachers have taught you.

Egyptians are Africans....

White man paint the pictures of Egytians as light brown as they possibly can to try to refute that...they have even destroyed the African features on the stautes by the pyramids

You have no proof and again with the white man phrase. What about women? You know you're being sexist.

They are the ones who showed us a picture of "white Jesus"...all these upset folks on here should know that an African did not draw that

Of course we know because Jesus was a jew and not black.

When we were in Africa, we worshipped many gods; the real gods; the Sumerian (Anunnaki) gods....they did not have blonde hair, nor blue eyes...

They looked like US- BLACK. They were a race of tall beings, just as depicted in the egyptian heirogyphics with strong features

And you're an Atheist? I should have known.

as usual

Umm...Black history month. Do some research because you're not making any sense.

You could talk by educating rather than putting the blame. You have not provided us with any cultural heritage only the blame game. Nor have you provided proof of your claims.

I would suggest going back and re-reading your posts to see what went wrong. I am only giving you advice to help you and not to steer your thread away from your intentions.

If you want to talk about black history without any other people around than get off this web-site. This web-site houses many people from all over the world, we don't need anyone coming and saying this is a black only thread and start accusing the white man of ridiculous things.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh well are we back on track with the OP now?

Religion can be an opiate. Given their oppression and tribulations under slavery it is clear that they would have held on to anything to take them out of the horrible existence that came not from slavery but white supremacy.

The presence of a few white liberals who practiced xtianity must have also added to the mix. White genuine anti-racists that understand white supremacy must have literally been a godsend.

That is the real reason for the Black Xtian movement. That did not stop the people from going to the root doctor at night. I maintain that the conservatism of the black community maintains the role of xtianity.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Ausar

SO TRUE!!!

THANKS

There are people that truly hate when we as an african american race have researched and studied the truth and are tired of accepting THEIR story,

HIS story

HISTORY

Is'nt it funny now white people have destroyed the Earth, everyone is quick to say we all all the same people.

Lumping us into one bowl like if we all polluted, over produced and destroyed the Earth, only one group of people did this, and they try to blame everyone else.
Typical white responce when someone talks about slavery:

"Everyone else enslaved people in history" - true, but never on the scale of white people.

"That was our ancestors, not us, get over it!" - I don't see white people rushing to pay back the 400 years of free labour they got off us Blacks, Natives and Hispanics, in fact there still reaping the benefits of it.

The funny thing is that the Bible told us they would do that.

It's also funny how when any hidden history comes up about anything other than white people, people are quick to disprove and dis-credit it like if white people have been telling the truth about everything the whole time.

Sirach 41:7
The children will complain of an ungodly father, because they shall be reproached for his sake.

Revelation 13:10
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.

Guess whos up next for slavery? America is almost done for.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Ummm....What about the Israelis when they were conquered over and over again. How has their culture and heritage lived on for so long? You assume that because the white man invaded that your people were forced to accept Christianity.

Believe me, if your heritage wanted to remain as they were they would have changed by now. The Israelis never switched to other religions and stayed their own, yours would too if it wanted to.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exposing The Devil

I don't see white people rushing to pay back the 400 years of free labour they got off us Blacks, Natives and Hispanics, in fact there still reaping the benefits of it.

Ignoring for the moment that my ancestors were slaves 400 years ago too, I'll make you a deal. You go back in time and bring some of those slaves forward and I'll be more than happy to hand them some cash. A descendant? Nope. They can earn their money just like everyone else. An actual slave from 400 years ago? Absolutely, again ignoring that my ancestors were slaves too.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Also forgot to add, how do you enslave people for 400 years, take their land, erase their history and then wonder why some of them might be racist and don't forgive?

How about Black, Natives and Hispanics enslave white people for 400 years and throw them in the gutter, then ask them how much they like us and why they can't forgive and forget.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join