It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Of all paranormal shows on television, it had to be Paranormal state to capture this on camera. Makes me wonder how they got a duck to ride on the back of a deer.

Great find OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Ducks and geese usually fly with the head outstreched. This has a distinctive head that is above the neck.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Last I heard Ryan said this was his last season -- the show came off as Josh Gate's lite. Oh I guess Ryan's Twitter says next season is still up in the air. I know Paranormal State did a field trip to Gilliland Ranch as well -- and their Mothman show was pretty good.

Tom Brown said he was behind many of the Jersey Devil sightings.

theparacast.com... had an engineer talking about the FLIR saying it just gives surface readings -- so it's difficult to determine why that part of the back would give a different reading -- except that the ground is a much faster source of heat loss.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
To me it looks like a bird in a nest and with the angle and poor lighting distance can be deceptive seems like its not too far from the camera man and notice how there is very little movement, why wouldn't they show a longer version of it if this was the infamous Jersey Devil? Come on who see's something they think might be something like that and just goes ok 4 seconds of footage is good enough?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jersey Devil
Ok, gotta jump in here... First I live in the Pine Barrens. This is definitely a hoax.... I DO believe however there is a creature out here that is the so called Jersey Devil. But to find in on Leeds Farm! Come on LEEDS FARM! Where it was supposedly born according to legend??? With all the miles and miles of woods you go there and find it! Plus they came back the first time with this proof. People have investigated this for years and come back with no proof after countless trips in the barrens.

You're right. I forgot about this aspect even though it was foremost on my mind while watching the program. To make a comparison, people can go hunting and not even see the type of animal they're hunting even though the area has a known population.

Now take the Jersey Devil, which even if it's a genuine cryptid it's seen less often than even the Mothman--and some college-age amateur investigators just happen to capture it on their equipment the first time out...and at its supposed birthplace to boot!

It strains credibility. Even if they had stated the disclaimer, "We conducted investigations nightly over a period of six months at this spot before ever getting this footage," it would be hard to swallow.

It would be like visiting Loch Ness one time in your entire life, and you just happen to capture the best photo ever taken on that day.

Couldn't happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Paranormal State?
No thanks, that show stinks.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It looks like two deer to me. The deer in the foreground is plainly visible looking to the right of the photo. and there are the 'wings' which is another deer standing behind it looking to the left. Its really very plain to see.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i absoulutley loved this episode so much because i truly think these caught something weird on camera that night that is just crazy i think more investigation is needed though i am true beilever in stuff like that but i also like to have enough evidence in case it is a hoax and can be debunked but otherwise i think this is a great piece of footage

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
clearly it looks like a deer but the "wings" are totally not another deer its a different color almost like they were thinner or transparent and if they were thinner there would be a little less heat and if it were two deer they would have been the same color on the infared and it was two fast to have been two of them i dunno just my opinoin

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

i agree about the whole amature college kids going out and catching this amazing footage on there first night or whatever like u said sitting out at lochness ur whole life and all that but what if just what if it where true there is no evidence saying it is or isnt but no one really knows do they?i think it need further investigation before we can say yes it is or no it isnt

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

if no one went out and tried to capture this stuff we wouldnt be here talking about it today and we would not have so many crazy things to talk about plus we wouldnt have that great classic video footage of bigfoot that is still famous to this day no one can explain the unexplained only explore it

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JH80

that is a more logical looking picture now that it is outlined but still u never know?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It looks like this creature caught on camera in the woods. The profile of it looks the same.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

wheres the secret in this thread? am i msising it?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
the belly is to fat to be the jersey devil.....

IT'S A CHICKEN!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
yeah it looks interesting.. but paranormal state is the most over-edited show on TV right now. I used to like it, but it is so over-edited to build suspense and nothing ever really happens.

I've read some things about Chip and Ryan and i wouldn't be surprised if they hoaxed some things to get more ratings.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This site has an interesting take on the Jersey Devil, pterosaurs and glowing flying creatures. I found this site while following up on Paranormal State's Episode;

Bioluminescent Pterosaurs Over Lake Erie-And Elsewhere?
s8int.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I saw this as well and in the footage you can clearly see that it was a deer with its back toward the camera, being partially obscurred by a branch and brush. in the video, the creature turns and walks behind the outcropping proving without a doubt that there were no wings involved. Only a deer behind trees. I'm surprised no one else made these obsaervations.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sigh... I have to make a statement up front here. I've been reluctant to join ATS for years, because it seems such a waste of one's time, to wade through the bulk of the posts, which are by either rabid, serial debunkers, or by others who have done absolutely no inquiry into the subjects they seem to need to spew opinions about. Or worse, they don't even have an interest in a particular paranormal subject, but for whatever reason need to criticize people for even inquiring about it! For all of the preamble upon joining, about it being such a monitored site, don't do this, don't do that, this place seems such a disappointment.

And then there is the unbelievable arrogance and ignorance expressed when dealing with currently unknown phenomena, to discard with a wave of the hand the countless witnesses. In the case of the Jersey Devil, it is to dismiss thousands of people, over hundreds of years. "People must be seeing an owl/bat/deer." So, all these people are deluded, but you aren't? Why is it not possible to you that there are things unknown? Why are you even present on this discussion board?

I think people need to look at their unconscious beliefs that compell them to be absolutely closed off to the possibility that there are things as yet beyond our understanding. I don't get it. Are you afraid? Afraid of your worldview being disturbed? It's one thing to be in a state of objective inquiry, it is another to be a 'James Randi,' appearing to be nobly upholding some rigorous scientific standard, when in fact, you are blind to how truly unobjective you are!

If you can't handle the possibilities, then you shouldn't be participating here. It isn't fair for those who are truly interested in these topics.

I won't be surprised if my post gets removed. Much more P.C. to simply not bring unpleasant topics up, including strange creatures....

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Back to the topic at hand, there are certainly better places to go for Jersey Devil research than a vague image like this. It does appear interesting, but is inconclusive, of course; just more proof of its non-existence, in the eyes of debunkers.

Did anyone see the MonsterQuest program, "Devils in New Jersey?" You may be able to find it uploaded somewhere online. I actually bought a copy from the History Channel, after watching it on TV. I have an interest in it, from being a past resident of the Pine Barrens, with family connections still there. It included commentary from one of the founders of a local research group, found at njdevilhunters.com. I suggest a read through that site. Lots on the long history of this phenomena, including mass sightings, reported in area newspapers years ago.

One of the accounts submitted there was featured on the MonsterQuest program. A family that had an encounter was interviewed, and submitted to a polygraph exam. They were thoroughly, authentically frightened by whatever they saw.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by UserNameUnavailable]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join