It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That's not necessarily true. Especially depending on what season this episode was filmed in. I'm currently serving in the military and I have used thermal cameras like the PAS-22 and PAS-25 which can pick out a thermal image from up to 5 miles away. I've been on plenty of field ops where I have seen deer and I can tell you that their not red, their readings come up as a yellow-to orange tinge and they look just like that. Even the head and ear's are that of a fawn. As far as them walking in herds, I think that this is exactly what this is. There looks like there is more then one of them.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I don't want to bring the OP or anyone on this thread down, so, please don't take my statement here as a personal insult against anyone...but, Paranormal State is far from being "real."

It seems to be a show where a bunch of kids run around playing make believe and use archaic chants and methods of the "occult" to enhance the idea that they are "spiritual warriors."

A real spiritual warrior won't advertise themselves or put make up on for a camera to do battle with the ethereal realm. As a matter of fact, this is the antithesis to the reality of the spiritual world.

Secondly, a REAL spiritual warrior will not "Challenge" entities the way this show advertises, instead, they use the power of love to absorb or redirect them. Paranormal State is in the business of selling fear and fantasies. There's nothing authentic about it.

Forgive me if my analysis bothers you.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok, gotta jump in here... First I live in the Pine Barrens. This is definitely a hoax.... I DO believe however there is a creature out here that is the so called Jersey Devil. But to find in on Leeds Farm! Come on LEEDS FARM! Where it was supposedly born according to legend??? With all the miles and miles of woods you go there and find it! Plus they came back the first time with this proof. People have investigated this for years and come back with no proof after countless trips in the barrens. Now the barrens for those who dont know has tons of plant life that is specific to this area, has the cleanest natural river, and I wouldnt be surprised if there are things completely undiscovered... Ive Kayaked for 14 hours straight through and not seen one road or a single person... I DID however find cougar paw prints in the sand at the rivers edge! There was one escaped from north jersey. Plus people have found everything from ostrich to kangaroo and other animals out there from Jungle Habitat that just opened the cages when they shut down... That was 20+ years ago, but these animals are still seen today! Possible mated and are thriving deep where nobody goes. The Jersey Devil, however has tons of eyewitnesses, reports of animals and people being attacked, and other proof as to its existence. Lots of eyewitnesses are reputable such as police officers, etc... I think many people might mistake it for a crain... I had one fly down the street one night at 2am at hood level and zoom over my windshield! It had a 10' wingspan! I knew this lived in the area for years because I saw it almost everyday, but if I didnt know that I wouldnt know what the hell it was! I think the JD is something natural that lives deep in the barrens and knows how to stay away from people unless hunting instincts takes over...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Emm, a helicopter flying in the left direction?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by Helmkat

Point taken but a whip or will is only like an inch long which doesn't fit the image of what was captured here.. And additionally for that matter, any bird would awaken if it was startled.

There are also nightingales....for example.

Most birds are not nocturnal was my point Versus that of a duck or a goose as some here had described.

An owl IS a nocturnal predator and it does hunt for rodents at night. Which might potentially explain what this thing could be as far as birds are concerned, even though it doesn't fit the image captured on the FLIR.

I still think that it might have been the infamous Jersey Devil.

You might be thinking of a different bird, whip or wills are about 10 inches long (not that I think this is a Whip or will). While Owls are certainly nocturnal predators (A Great horned owl visits my yard with some frequency), the general form on the video doesn't look like an owl to me either but I can't be 100% sure one way or another.

The video makes some huge leaps of faith about what it could or could not be, that image looks like a predator? LOL, really?!. Having some personal experience with night vision devices and wildlife in general, I am very comfortable in saying this isn't Mrs. Leeds son.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why does the video cut out so suddenly? Even on their "review," they never show the end of it, where it's moving away. They just end the video. Any reason why? Did they show the entire sequence on the show, or was that it?

After watching the joke that the Ghost Hunters are, I have very little hope for these programs. They obviously fake and sensationalize, to get results. These "teams" of supposed professionals go visit haunted homes and look for mythical creatures, and amazingly, they get results in one or two days, where decades could have gone by without an video proof whatsoever. I guess they are just really really lucky?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

thats not thinking logically, mate.

the other line.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
It's a blurry white blob!

I get blurry white blobs, orbs, blurry wiggly dark lines etc etc all the time......it's called a photographic defect. Almost always particulates or reflections of bright light off particulates. I get less now with digital, except the orbs.

in some circumstances, under thermal imaging, humans will look like white blobs too.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

If it indeed was more than one creature we'd see the signature of the legs at least behind it as well..

Deer would glow red, and also are found in small herds.

Looking at the color of the IR signature which wasn't red as the investigators were captured on camera, or whatever that was captured sitting in the tree, which both of which indicating something warm, but in this image was more of a green and blue color, relatively cool makes me think that this could even be under the genre of a cold blooded reptilian like creature. Reptiles aquire their body heat from external sources and hence the term cold blooded.

Definitely interesting. I take it for what it is. Its an IR signature that doesn't fit the profile of most animals in the area.

nh_ee, you really shouldn't be stating fact about things you know nothing about.

The color palette displayed by a thermal imager can be made up of any number of colors. This means any color can represent any temperature. My thermal imager allows me to switch between a number of palette choices including black and white, white and black, violet through orange to white, blue through green, rainbow, etc, etc, etc. I can also make up my own palettes, such as these ones:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb6135e5b066.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05880be9d3a3.jpg[/atsimg]

Also the temperature range of the imager can be adjusted so that objects appear dimmer or brighter regardless of their temperature. Here is a video of me toggling a thermal imager through a number of palettes and ranges:

YouTube

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
I hate to put a wet blanket on all this but this is so clearly a duck...just look at the head...duck.

i see four legs...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_spark

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It looks like, and is more likely to be a duck or goose. IMHO, it's hardly conclusive. You know what they say about something being too good to be true.

IRM

Wont the thermal image be yellow or orange for warm blooded animals? Why is this blue?? If its a duck or goose I would think it would show orange color in a thermal image.

See my last post above.

Also here is thermal footage of typical Canada geese at night using an iron color palette.

Edit to add video

[edit on 10-2-2010 by dainoyfb]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
that's really cool

but that last black and white drawing of the jersey devil
i was not aware that's what it supposedly looked like?

i'm not really surprised, i don't know anything about the jersey devil, i just always assumed it was an adaptation of the were wolf or something like that,

but thanks, because this post now intrigues me to look up more information on the subject, it's great to learn!

maybe you could post some extra info on that drawing?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I watched the show last night and as someone who as spent alot of time in walking through the woods in the Northeast -- this was a shot of a white tail deer. The last shot as the creature leaves is a classic shot of a deer turning and taking off, you can see the white tail as he leaves. The part with the "wings", I believe is actually the back of deer with the deer facing the camera. The light is stronger on the front and the back shows more faintly, the deer seems to be on an incline. As far as the comment on the show by the older gentlemen, that a typical animal would have fled sooner, this isn't true of deer. It used to be the main predator of deer were wolf packs. A deer was far safer standing still and being undiscovered than trying to flee and running into the other members of the wolf pack. I've walked within a few feet of deer in woods before they've taken off. I love this show and think they do credible job of tying to give normal explanations before assigning para-normal reasons, however I think in this case they aren't looking at the most obvious explanation.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
No it just didn't disapear, rewatch the video.

Towards the very end of the sequence the "creature" does start some type of turning and flapping motion, but it is quickly cut by editing going from that shot to another shot, not going from the flapping motion scene to an empty field/forrest.

Why didn't they let us see what happened next....., why? I'll tell you why, because more than likely the creature then either flew away or moved into a position that totally gave away it's true identity (which I'm leaning toward the wierd looking big headed duck posted earlier) or a goose. Hell two deer bedding down is more likely than "The Jersey Devil"

P.State is an entertaining show, but thats all it is, is entertainment. The only reason I watch it is because it's SO CORNY. From the voice manipulator used on ryan when he does the shows opening,to the horrible acting job of his team, to the "experts" they bring in ( thier acting is even worse, and you can tell they were given knowledge prior to thier "initial" sweep of the house.) The show is just one laugh after another.

Ryan truely thinks he's some modern day Warrior here to fight evil spirits.

Does he wear a holster for quick access to Holy water, and a crucifix!!! I swear I thought I saw something around his waist that resembled a homemade spirit warriors utility belt. He's like the Batman of Evil Spirit Warriors! Actually thinking about it, it's pretty smart, you don't wanna be fumbling for your Holy water, when your being attacked by evil entities.
He should have a guy that makes gadgets and stuff for him, like "holy water bombs", and a tube hidding under his wrist that sprays holy Water. Maybe a dozen or so shapened crucifixes, he could trough at these things.

Nah...this is now sounding like a rip-off of Constantine, from the Comic Book Hellblazer. Scratch that idea. I got carrier away.

But when that one gay guy (not that there's anything wrong with being gay -hey! another Seinfeld reference, to go along with Putty Face painter pic) does his channeling of somebody's loved one, THAT always has me cracking up to the point of tears and stomach pains.

SERIOUSLY though, I give this a star and a flag because I missed the episode, and I'm very mad about it. I hope to catch it on a rerun.
Maybe when A&E does one of thier 24 hour P.State marathons I'll catch it.

It is an interesting screen captured, too bad they don't let the footage play out until it's completion. Like many UFO videos

BTW I've watched alot of cop episodes, and I don't know if they're useing FLIR from the Helicopter, or Night Vision or what. But when the suspects jump out of thier car and make a run for it, thier are Bright, Very bright White compared to the surroundings.

Remember that footage of the supposed UFO's taken from those jets that actually turned out to be flames on an oil rig, again Bright white. Not orange or yellow or red.

I wish with this Jersey Devil sighting they had the area set up with spot lights, and regular daylight cameras running at the same time, and when that thing got into view, BAM hit the Floodlights! Then look at the regular cameras and see exactly what it was. That's how they should do it

So it would seem there's two types of Night time camera technology to detect heat. One produces only white when it picks up a heat source, and the othe produces colord from black, to blue(colder), to red, to orange, to yellow, then maybe to white? I'm no expert in cameras or Night Visions, but these are the two different types I've seen, perhaps there's others? I don't see why they would choose to use one over the other? Maybe ones cheaper, maybe ones more sensitive? I haven't a clue.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Nola213]

link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Well,

anything to get ratings I guess. Very entertaining.

link   
reply to post by Framework2

Yes, deer rarely just flee, especially at night. Here are a couple of my encounters.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well I been told if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and flies like a duck, it must be a duck...which is what that picture exactly looks like!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The wings are to small in proportion to its body(if those are wings) to be a duck. The ears are to small for a deer, at least most deer I have seen,
unless there is a species I am unaware of. Could be a hoax, after it disappears(looks like behind a tree) they don"t try to readjust or get closer to the object. Smells like hoax to me, just an opinion. Still a cool
story!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Really a duck that is one strange shaped duck, Its shape exactly like the jersey devil is depicted in reports, and no not everything is too good to be true reality is a lot more stranger then anything you could imagine.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Not sure why they have a thermal that could be a turkey or a goose or a deer or an emu! lol

hy not have a clear night shot as well?

That's where the suspicion for me is.
Plus, let's face it, these shows are pretty hokey and rely on entertainment value more so than hard research.

It's candy canes for fans of the weird. Why do they dupe us so? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join