It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
I know that these creatures exist,

What makes you so sure?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I personally believe anything on ghost hunters, paranormal state.. etc is garbage!!! Its all edited and throw in some creepy drone sounds and you got yourself a 1 hour show.

I believe in ghosts but those shows have left me so disappointed that I dont watch any of it anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Looking at the way it is orienting itself doesn't appear to be a duck like some people are saying. A Duck's neck is short and body doesn't stand up like what is in this video. from tail to head a duck sits horizontally on the ground, but in this video the creature is more vertical like how an ostrich stands. The body shape does look like a fat goose though, or one of donald duck's fat cousins

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

What ever it is, it CAN be seen with infrared.

The word 'paranormal' I do not like. Para-normal WHAT?

Above and beyond are many 'subtile' energies that the averidge human being can not see. Our human bodies are simply not equipt with infra-red sight.

That these kind of energies do exist, is been written about in the Bhagavad Gita. Chapter 7 describes a wide variety of energies, Divine ones, human ones and other (Demonic) ones.

For example:
Rocks or wood we can touch and hold.
Water is an energy but with our hands we can not hold / grab it, it runs out of our hands.

Subtile energies are like:
Smoke is an energy which we can only vaguely see.
Wind is an energy we can sometimes 'feel' but not see, touch or hold.
Cold or heat is energy but we can not see, touch or hold them either, we can not even 'feel' a slighty difference in temp.

The creature on the vid coming from the hollow Earth ... it's a theory but since there is no scientific evidence (yet). I tend to believe it's a creature from a 'range' (dimension) we can not see with human eyes.

Peace!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Very interesting, but I don't know the show.

It certainly resembles a water bird with a long neck far more than some unknown animal. It if was flying when imaged as it seems, well, I guess that eliminates all ground huggers.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I just googled Jersey Devil... and this is the first thing to pop up.

Has this been debunked?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
What the feck is that?!

I cant tell you how pleased I am that there's a big fat ocean separating me from that thing. Even if it is just some deformed duck.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Nice find, but here's what I see - two deer positioned near to each other:
www.danielallenfrost.com...

They went looking for the Jersey devil and apparently found one. If they had not been looking for the Jersey devil, perhaps they would have interpreted the infra-red images differently.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I DONT trust these shows.

I'm sure it's all about ratings.
It was the season finale and they needed some ratings, so they "captured" the "Jersey Devil" on tape.

Come on now, how can you believe something on TV now-a-days?

Im pretty open to things but, Being a resident of Jersey (pine barrens coincidently) there is no horse/pig/devil/man owl running around jersey.
I've been here my whole life and never seen it, or knew anybody who had seen it.

It's Folklore...Myth...Legend, sorry folks.

And the above poster nailed it probably.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by Alexander the Great]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well since everyone in the area knew they were there it could have been set up for them. The minute I seen UFO, EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY BILL I knew it was going to be comedy relief in session. I like the show but that was a poorly done investigation as many have been lately.

The last episode was lame as well, Oh poor Ryan got scared. Well thats obvious since we only saw him stay in that tower for ten seconds and then he bolted after saying I'm not afraid of you lol. They owe it to us to show what really happened to Ryan in there the first time, What ever it was must have made him piss his pants.

Everyone should demand they investigate that tower more.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Has this been debunked?

Now if I saw that in the woods I would shat my drawers lol. Since the deer is in full sprint at night I would say something spooked it. If that has not been photo-shopped I'm never going in the woods ever again at night.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jersey Devil
Ok, gotta jump in here... First I live in the Pine Barrens. This is definitely a hoax.... I DO believe however there is a creature out here that is the so called Jersey Devil. But to find in on Leeds Farm! Come on LEEDS FARM! Where it was supposedly born according to legend??? With all the miles and miles of woods you go there and find it! Plus they came back the first time with this proof. People have investigated this for years and come back with no proof after countless trips in the barrens. Now the barrens for those who dont know has tons of plant life that is specific to this area, has the cleanest natural river, and I wouldnt be surprised if there are things completely undiscovered... Ive Kayaked for 14 hours straight through and not seen one road or a single person... I DID however find cougar paw prints in the sand at the rivers edge! There was one escaped from north jersey. Plus people have found everything from ostrich to kangaroo and other animals out there from Jungle Habitat that just opened the cages when they shut down... That was 20+ years ago, but these animals are still seen today! Possible mated and are thriving deep where nobody goes. The Jersey Devil, however has tons of eyewitnesses, reports of animals and people being attacked, and other proof as to its existence. Lots of eyewitnesses are reputable such as police officers, etc... I think many people might mistake it for a crain... I had one fly down the street one night at 2am at hood level and zoom over my windshield! It had a 10' wingspan! I knew this lived in the area for years because I saw it almost everyday, but if I didnt know that I wouldnt know what the hell it was! I think the JD is something natural that lives deep in the barrens and knows how to stay away from people unless hunting instincts takes over...

This is exactly what I said to my wife as I was changing the channel. A crane, an egret, a heron.
I just moved from the Pine Barrens, ten years in there, and not far from Leeds Farm. I'd be very disappointed if they rode into town and filmed it their first night.
We were deep in the woods, and had just about every critter you could think of stroll through at one time or another, including coyotes. Thought I may have heard it once, turned out to be peacocks from down the road.
We went through Smithville (Leeds farm area) on foot one Halloween night, pretty spooky, but no Jersey Devil.
I think he's probably in there, too many sightings and evidence to just discount it. I just have my doubts that they could find it so easily.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I love Paranormal State, but my husband and I are convinced that this is a deer standing behind a branch.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Has this been debunked?

Hi Ph,
It would need to be, otherwise we have two distinct JD's. Your JD has a big tail on it.
Seriously though, it's too hard to determine much from the video, other than it moves.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You're gonna wanna read Mac Tonnies' posthumous forthcoming book:

Cryptoterrestrials

www.dailygrail.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JH80

That is actually a fantastic possibility! I thought the infrared was a Deer until it turned to the side and the "wings" appeared. However, if it were two dear, this would make sense. But, upon viewing the video of the infrared, it does appear to be one single animal. I suppose we will never know!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

That image has been claimed as a hoax- a photoshopped hoax, but I dont know the source, so its up in the air

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That is a convincing still. I want to say it's a deer, but it's hard to tell. Most deer aren't all white (save for the rare cases of albinos) but that could be because of the night vision.

however, what are the chances that some entertainment show* could look for something as popular and mythical* as the JD and actually find it and have good* footage?

It doesn't seem that far off for a show to lie about the content for the sake of ratings, regardless of how they do it.

*=subjective

[edit on 10-2-2010 by piddles]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I bet the jersey devil is a mutated animal between a horse and a giant bat made my the illuminati! haha

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that the image is a duck. These guys have been caught faking evidence before, and the leader of this Paranormal Society sold out a long time ago. Chip Coffey was once a respected and gifted sensitive in his field, but now I see him as nothing more than a sell out.

What people have to understand is that they do these shows for ratings and dollar signs, nothing more. They're gonna put something on there to make you believe that they actually found something, when nine times out of ten, it's really the proverbial man in a costume.

I hate to be the skeptic this time around, but when dealing with this particular group, I highly question their motivations when it comes to "researching" paranormal phenomena. With this being said, I myself have been doing this sort of research for 20 years, and still have many questions. I have my beliefs, and they have theirs, but it all comes down to cold, hard evidence sometimes. If you don't get dishes flying around a room, or a ghostly image on camera with at least 4 independent, non-paid witnesses seeing the same thing, nothing is going to get accomplished. This in turn takes away any shred of credibility that this field of study may have.

At least in the case of the Jersey Devil and/or the Mothman, until they have a dead body that I can personally look at and touch, I won't believe it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join