It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Captures Image of Jersey Devil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
On the season finale tonight of Paranormal State, the crew went to Pine Barrens, NJ the home of the Jersey Devil. They went to the Leeds farm and captured the Jersey Devil on Infrared. Wings- it had Wings! Fascinating!

I know there has been alot of conjecture about Paranormal State recently here on ATS, some of which I agree with. However I know that these creatures exist, so I am very intrigued at the possibility that this is real.

Here is a short video clip I took of the footage:
media.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is a screenshot of the unknown creature with wings on infrared:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45bfcfddbb4c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f2d27bc6cf4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/827f416b15e5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-2-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Id hate to run into that thing at night in the Pine barrens.Nice find.S/F.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Im glad Im not the only one who saw this and thought it needed to be discussed here, even better that its one of my ATS friends.

I have family who lives in that area, and Ive heard their stories of the Devil since I was a little boy. I was always fascinated that it seems every part of the world has some sort of famous cryptozoological creature. Coincidence? Or do we need to take a step back and re-evaluate how much we really know about the world around us.

Do you think its a supernatural entity? Or just something living that's rare and undiscovered?

P.S. Very nice avatar pic

[edit on 10-2-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Interesting. There hasn't been much crypto news for a while. Especially concerning one of the rarest cryptos of all, the jersey devil. Looks pretty good. Maybe it's because it's 4 AM and I'm tired, but I can almost see what looks like horns on that thing's head. But I won't get my hopes up. I've learned that when it comes to crypto news, it's usually fake. For all we know it could just be a deer with something stuck on its back. I'll wait for the "experts" to analyze the film before making any speculations.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wow. That's awfully strange looking. Couldn't they have zoomed in more or gotten closer though?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Awesome! Glad you agree! My personal take on cryptids like the Jersey Devil and the Mothman, etc, are that they are subterranean creatures that live in cave systems, that have access to hollow earth or they are interdimensional creatures that have the ability to come and go as they please. While they may be genetic experiments, considering that these legends go back hundreds of years, its hard to lay blame on the government or aliens

+37 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It looks like, and is more likely to be a duck or goose. IMHO, it's hardly conclusive. You know what they say about something being too good to be true.

IRM

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

True, thats how I have always felt. And the cave theory is a good one. There are many subterranean cave systems that are still unexplored. I figure its probably similar to giant squids etc, that we know exist, but have never found alive probably because of the same reasons, either good hiding spots, or just being so deep we'll never find them.

I've watched your youtube videos, and we have many common interests as well as experiences. I know its off topic, but Ive had numerous encounters with shadow people and the "hat man," what are your feelings on those phenomenon?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I was planning to watch this episode, but, alas, my wife was awake, and, well, she is queen when she is home.
Maybe I will catch this on a repeat. Meanwhile, all I have ever read about The Jersey Devil I don't recall anything about a winged creature. Maybe I need to use my friend, Google, more. The video is interesting, though.

I'd really like the folks that do this show would come to my house and do their stuff concernng the shadowy critters that move around, inside and out, that only one of my granddaughters and myself see often.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
if you look at the back you can see the leg quite clearly tucked in where a duck or a goose puts them in flight

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I saw it too, and now that I see the blow up still I admit it looks like the thing. I'd be more apt to believe this if a show like Destination Truth had caught the image.

I didnt see Chip Coffey last night..could that have been him in his fairy princess costume out there in the woods trying to scam us?

p.s. Monsterquest has the Mothman on a new epsisode tonight!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Not a duck or a goose in my opinion.Its head would be much smaller.Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Very nice find, I've always been particularly interested in the Jersey Devil. Star from me

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Could it be a disturbed deer?

It does resemble the drawing but remember, that lot of ATS members will come up with the whole "You see what you want to see" Argument

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How about think logically.

It's more thank likely a bird, bat, or insect

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That image does not look anything like this, A known Jersey Devil.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16ec5bb54dde.png[/atsimg]

Based on the sketch, I'd say a Liger.

Frankly, I question the credibility of the Paranormal State program. The show is highly polished and edited for entertainment.

I do however still believe in paranormal phenomena.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"gotta support the team"

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
and this has to do with top secrets, conspiracies, paranormal phenomena how??

the jersey devil is hardly a phenomena

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's a blurry white blob!

I get blurry white blobs, orbs, blurry wiggly dark lines etc etc all the time......it's called a photographic defect. Almost always particulates or reflections of bright light off particulates. I get less now with digital, except the orbs.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I watched it last night, what was the ufo hunter guy doing on paranormal state? "guess he needed work"
but staying on subject if it would have not disappeared so fast I would say a deer with another deer in the background,but it was there and gone in a second you would think you could see the deer running away so I dont know? it realy looks like wings....
real video of jersey devil!!!

[edit on 10-2-2010 by paradiselost333]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join