It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a storm god

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pasttheclouds

Yeah, everything is one.

People have allowed the concept of God's omnipotence and omniscience escape them. People ask how that can be. It's easily understood under the conception of oneness.....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hello Pthena!

First I just want to say to you and to all on these last couple of pages...THANK YOU for sharing yourself and where you are at with your thoughts! I wish I has people like you all close by in real life so we could actually philosophize together in real now and then. But Ill settle for ATS

Am I so great that I can be each of these things?

Well not in the fullness of them, but we can experience them with our mind, like you experienced the butterfly. But it is your choice if you only wish to experience the butterfly or if you choose to dare experience the wasp also. Im oddly reminded of the Hebrews who were without a homeland and invaded the land of what then now belonged to others. The difference with humans...is we have empathy if we are not in survival mode. The wasp, in survival mode, has no empathy....therefor, it is doing no wrong, it is taking what it finds to be available to it. You can experience the mind of any creature you choose, if you can see without bias feelings. Who is to say, the wasp using the caterpillar, will not allow the caterpillar to mutate to where it will create a protection against this 'invader'.

I never knew how much is available to us, in just a wasp and a caterpillar. If one allows the open mind to see.

Do you not see the wasp as 'of Earth' like you and me, and like the caterpillar? Having the same rights to survive as it finds fit? Your not bypassing being individual....you would be using the many eyes through the mind that we are given. Who says you can only see through a certain number of creatures?? Why the totem poles for direction?

The wars of man are not reflective of the creatures that are trying to survive. We are not having wars for food or shelter...we are having wars for power...and this is not similar to the wasp over taking the caterpillar.

Yes, the wars will get worse....but this is a must, just as though everything that happens is a must. I recall you asking something of the nature of if incarnation could be 'unnatural'. I dont believe it can....if it happens...its a part of the process, the grand plan and cycle, having not a place here nor there....but everywhere. Nothing is forgotten, for all things play a part in shaping the future of something or someone.

I am only being the devils advocate here....and ask you one last time...(since you quoted about mercy)....where is your mercy for the larva who need food to survive? Dont get me wrong...I hate wasp...just found out my youngest is highly allergic and now I must carry the epi shots every where I go. But when it comes to surviving...creatures will do all they can do to survive, even at the cost of another life. Do you find this evil? For it seems to be a natural order of mother earth that this happens.

I dont praise humans that die in another territory either Pthena, but creatures that have no knowing or care except survival....I have no bias for any of them. I think we should be careful to see the differences in a creature that is aware of hurt and life of another...and the ones that cant due to the need to only survive.

Can we know everything or understand God and everything of God. Not in this life of Earth no. That is why I say, this existence limits us...but it benefits us for what we are in need of right now. It offers all we need in this time. There is wisdom much past Earth....ironically...I send healing of love to other planets...especially mars right now. Im not really sure why....but sometimes you just need to go with where the wind takes you.

My best to you and yours and to all
LV

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

One eye is all that is needed...let your one eye be filled with light, for your whole body will then be filled with light.

A path is only a path that is not....if another path that is can be found and understood. There is no mistake or error in your path...for you are right where you need to be, just like we all are. Only you can know if another path is needed...until then, the path you walk is rightfully so.

There is no hurry....for with the eteranl, time is no matter.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by pasttheclouds

And how can a god that is everything,
not allow you to understand him.

How can you understand everything? The human mind isn't capable of understanding everything.

Im in agreement here...the human mind can not understand everything, but I do believe what we know to exists, we can find understanding of. Many things in this Universe exists and we have no knowing of it. I believe what we are offered here on this Earth is opportunities to find understanding of many facets of life....which is limited to the life here on this sphere.

God is beyond this individual experience...and I dont feel the need to see the face of God with my human eyes....I dont find that I seek the moment that others talk about when God will be known here on Earth and heaven and Earth will join as one. What is holy and of spirit is not of flesh....so I dont seek to 'see' Gods face while in the flesh and with these eyes of flesh. The closest I can come to that with these eyes is looking into the eyes of another, and seeing the mirror of my own essence of life which is of God.

Actually, when I really think about....I dont picture God with a face at all. Just like I dont find God to have a name or a 'body' like ours. Mabey that will change, Im always open to understanding of what I dont understand. And know I only understand what I am capable of right now.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
[I wish I has people like you all close by in real life so we could actually philosophize together in real now and then. But Ill settle for ATS

I often wish this. I mean, there are two or three people in my personnal life who I can broach these subjects with, but they are few and far in between. Ido rest easily, though, because I know the handful of people I can talk to about these things are to be permanent fixtures in my life to varying degrees. I am blessed in that respect. I just wish there were more.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

The only way that the SPIRIT of God can reveal himself as being "physical" is a transitional form. A human cannot see God's true spiritual form without death following.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

That is the same with me Speaker, I have people in my life that I can count on one hand that I can discuss with and get honest feedback, without judgment onto me for what I feel or think. When I stopped attending church about 5 years ago I did miss the congregation of gatherings and the social the children received there was great for them. What was always missing for me was that I couldnt discuss with these 'friends' my honest questions and feelings.

Have you ever heard of soul groups speaker? Souls that would incarnate together many times (or one time) to be tied to each other to offer each other opportunities of some sort?

I think Im guilty of going way off topic many times today..its just so easy to ramble with the others here

My best always
LV

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just a nod to the civilized and intelligent sharing that has taken place on this thread. I also appreciate the respect shown to myself and everyone else who posted.

Discussions like these open our souls to one another on some level, and I have been glad about what I have seen.

God truly is wonderful to have made creatures like ourselves, able to contemplate Him. He designed us for just this purpose, and nothing can stop it. People hunger for truth in these things, and a reasoned, intelligent approach makes us closer to finding it, and closer to the image of our Creator, IMO.

I love reading the conversation between LeoVirgo and SpeakerofTruth. Thanks for the great words and the great example of respectful sharing and debate.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Do you not see the wasp as 'of Earth' like you and me, and like the caterpillar? Having the same rights to survive as it finds fit? Your not bypassing being individual....you would be using the many eyes through the mind that we are given. Who says you can only see through a certain number of creatures?? Why the totem poles for direction?

Yes, therefore I will link butterfly with wasp. It isn't a pole but a wheel, and I actually mixed up two different religions foolishly. I will correct it now. Thank you for challenging that. It's my religion. It is a framework that will fade eventually. It does for now serve some uses, though I admit that my fellow religionists probably wouldn't appreciate me much.

I am only being the devils advocate here....and ask you one last time...(since you quoted about mercy)....where is your mercy for the larva who need food to survive? Dont get me wrong...I hate wasp...just found out my youngest is highly allergic and now I must carry the epi shots every where I go. But when it comes to surviving...creatures will do all they can do to survive, even at the cost of another life. Do you find this evil? For it seems to be a natural order of mother earth that this happens.

Yes, I concede. Mercy for the feeding wasp larvae. But on a different level, if I am the human/caterpillar is the transformation I would like going to come from a real god in tune with my nature or from a totally alien god? Is the god who brings transformation the same as the one who has been working already in this world from the beginning or is it some other? If it is some other, then the result won't be butterfly/human, but something else, and humanity is lost.

I dont praise humans that die in another territory either Pthena, but creatures that have no knowing or care except survival....I have no bias for any of them. I think we should be careful to see the differences in a creature that is aware of hurt and life of another...and the ones that cant due to the need to only survive.

It's the people sitting in expensive offices who send children out to fight. As far as those children are concerned they are in survival mode, at least in their minds and hearts. Some one has fooled them, woe to the fooler! The children are my people even if they die while fighting where they ought not to be. I will plead with them, they will suffer without me adding to their suffering. Do you know what it takes to make full restitution for taking a human life?

Full justice is this: If you take a life, you must substitute for that life. The man you killed had a mother, you must be that mother's son, you must be that sister's brother, you must be those children's father, and at the same time, do not let your own relatives suffer the loss of you. This is difficult, but not impossible, forgiveness can lessen the burden.

There are stories of veterans who 20, 30, or 40 years later have gone back to make amends as much as possible. They feel the burden of justice. There are more who lack fortitude who take their own lives and more who lose themselves to addictions. Do I despise these people? Not at all, they show the law written on their hearts. I can feel with them.

On the other hand, there are 4% who feel nothing. It is thought they were psychopaths already, and lost nothing of themselves by killing. These ones, and the office sitters who call for war are the ones I can't yet forgive. I think the psychopaths are beyond me, but I will continue to accuse the office sitters. I will accuse and accuse as long as appropriate. I've got no idea how long that will be.

The closest I can come to that with these eyes is looking into the eyes of another, and seeing the mirror of my own essence of life which is of God.

I share with you with this poem:

Orphans

They met one night in the pouring rain
waiting for the midnight train.
Said one to the other,
I seem to have just lost my mother.
to hear the reply,

The same happened to me a long time ago.
Ever since then I've traveled to and fro;
exchanged my roots for traveling boots.
One thing yet I'd like to know,
Is there anywhere worthwhile to go?

Despite the rumble of the approaching train
they sought some shelter from the pouring rain.
Beneath a tree they huddled together,
protecting each other from the inclement weather.

The train came and went without those two.
Seems they found something better to do.

copyright 1996. Used by permission

There is wisdom much past Earth....ironically...I send healing of love to other planets...especially mars right now. Im not really sure why....but sometimes you just need to go with where the wind takes you.

Unless I'm mistaken there is evidence to suggest that Mars is associated with war. I suspect he has something to do with irrational glorification of war. Ares is some one I fight. Consider carefully what you do. I'm a veteran who has committed acts of war. There is no glory there. Look to the needs of people on earth.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by pthena]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
fighting war is still fighting,
but those you fight,
are sometimes under a more heavy load
then those that fight against war.

insanity is not guilty, because it has
no capacity, still it can be stopped
by those who do have the space.

Actually there is nothing difficult about salvation,
there is only one way, the way of the child,
that reflects his way home.
It does this by judging, dividing,
so it can bring the pieces back together.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hello pthena...thank you so much for always responding and explaining yourself and where you come from. I wasnt trying to pry to deeply with the question of the totem...I just wasnt sure how concrete that was for your usage.

I have noticed again that you have mentioned the idea of an 'alien' or 'alien god' even. Not saying you have no reasons to worry about that...but I believe in one God of great spirit that is Holy that is the base of life within all things. There may be creators that are not 'God' and I have wondered now and then if these creators could fool or would fool....but I have to come back to the idea then that if so....God allows this or knows this would happen....then I get a false image of what I think God is. It would then seem God is more like Chaos then perfection. *sigh* mabey for my own mentality, I firmly stick with the God of perfection. Still yet, even if there were creators that made us humans and genetically enhanced things for life to be here on Earth....could they reallly control our soul, the essence of life within us that is the spark of God the great spirit? I just dont think so. Sure they could set up lies for us here, make it hard for us to know our true self or being....but still our inner intuition, would be uncontrollable, I think anyways. So I just dont worry about all of that much...I feel connected to my maker, the keeper of the things of spirit, the monad of all things of life, and this gives me comfort to not worry or fear.

If it is some other, then the result won't be butterfly/human, but something else, and humanity is lost.

Humanity will not last forever....I have had alot of issues with this, but it has benefited me to know one day I might have to detach. Similar to the idea that I know Earth wont last forever also, and I will have to detach.

Thank you for sharing the poem, very nice. Wars are awful...but wars are more about humanity as a unit then any individual. As a unit, we stand foot to foot, willing to go down with eachother, fighting for a cause. Mabey its the parents that believe in the cause, mabey its a leader, mabey truly it is the young man or woman joining up at age 18 to risk their life, mabey its the idea that a country is worth fighting for, that a united people are worth it all, mabey its the idea that someone feels that someone else has revenge coming to them....but unitedly, it shows humanities shortcomings as nations. As nations, we will see our faults, just as though, individuals will see theirs. My Grandfather lived most of his life placing thoughts of war in the back of his mind....the last few weeks before his death, its all he talked about and he cried like a child. He confessed so many things he knew was awful, but couldnt face before. But now, on his death bed, he felt a deep drive to face it, even though he didnt like it. To sum up 'wars' .....they are a marker showing humanity is still very much flesh and very little spirit, as people, as nations, as a sphere. Through wars, we do learn about ourselves but this process is very very slow.

And about mars...I believe mars has something to do with the life of man, and its possible that our past destroyed mars as a sphere. The planet itself doesnt cause this....but the creatures that live a pone it do. Just like Earth is not the one to blame for human ways....so I do believe Mars is going through alot of healing right now. How lonely is healing without love? I cant imagine.

I dont choose who I will love, or who I will or will not judge.....I only try to understand and then send all of them love. Finding the light in the darkest of places is not an easy task, but it makes me fell, closer to my home.

Forgiving others for all the things they do not know or yet understand, is not easy, but it makes me feel closer to home.

As you can see, I do love Earth, humans, and all spheres of this world of material....but its not my home....so I try to bring as much of that here as I can while I am here. If I need to incarnate a million more times, that is fine, Ill keep on trekking....for my will and strength comes from my Spirit, and my Spirits home is not of this world.

There is nothing that is deserving of being without love or healing. Even the darkest of souls, deserve to know the light. Forgiveness and love....I know nothing more powerful then those.

The path that is not is just as needed as the path that is. All serve a purpose of the ONE.

Hope all is well
LV

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So I was thinking on virus's and how something may need a host to live.

How do we know that we are not a virus to this Earth? Is the Earth not something we need to live? Is it just our host? Wouldnt this give a whole larger plain to the idea of 'invaders' or 'alien'.

Very scary really, to think Earth may have things apone it that are not natural to Earth, but alien....things that need what Earth has to survive, at all cost, even to the cost of the death of the Earth.

Ok....back to more comfortable thinking...even if I am in denial.

Course I just got done reading the man, monkey, man or both thread...the mind is a mysterious thing especially the mind of humans and our process of thinking.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by Phenomium

Well, that's the traditional view.

Orthodoxy has a conundrum, a very severe one. It cannot even account for the mysterious verses in the bible without reverting back to the same old "cut and paste" answers that have always been given. Time is elapsing for those who continue to think along those lines.

I am amazed that no one has tackled the fact that Christ told the Jews that "Your father is the devil." Who did the Jews worship during the time of Christ? The OT god!! Yet, I watch people try to completely circumvent this.

There is a passage by one of the OT prophets where God askes "was it really me you prayed and fasted to whiel you where in bondage in Babylon?"

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kernoonos

All you wise ones that are so close to their goal to the truth need to do is, go right back too the first people that wrote the bible storys, before the Hebrew's then the Greeks and Roman's started to misstranslate the story's.

The first humans to wright earth's history before all other human's were the Sumerian's!!!!!

The Sumerian people were the first human's to scribe the Genisis story's, this is a fact!!!!!

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Kernoonos]

One sees this more and more these days.

Remember that Abraham came from one of the Euphrates river city states. This was him homeland. He was the founder of the Hebrews. Abrahams father was an aid to Nimrod.

So, the Hebrews didnt reach back and borrow from the people there but where from there. They had the same very ancient stories in their own history passed down throught the years because their forfathers were from there. The differences can be accounted for in many ways and many reason. But the Hebrews had much of the same info becouse they were from there.

Jacobs two wives were from the Euphrates headwaters as he went back there to move in with relitives at one point. Abraham also sent back for a wife for his son Issac, from the homeland. So these similarities in Sumerian and Hebrew stories of history can be accounted for outside of some borrowing. The Hebrew nation had its nativity in Mesopotamia.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of soul groups speaker? Souls that would incarnate together many times (or one time) to be tied to each other to offer each other opportunities of some sort?

Certainly. I have three people in my life whose name equals a 9 on the numerological scale. I am an 8. I don't think this is an accident. I think that these three people have probably been with me through many, many lifetimes. One of them, which happens to be a female, I have strong karmic ties to.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
I love reading the conversation between LeoVirgo and SpeakerofTruth. Thanks for the great words and the great example of respectful sharing and debate.

Thank you, Copper. It's always nice to know that one is at least giving others the opportunity to think. We are living in an age where peopleare going to have to think and re-evaluate some long held preconceived ideas.

I'll say this, times are a changing. It is our choice as to whether it changes for the better or the worse.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yep....
There are even hints in the OT that there is something weird going on. Thanks for pointing that out.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Leo, to deny that we have become a virus is to be intellectually dishonest. We certainly have become that. If you look at what we have done to the biosphere, it becomes blatantly obvious that is really what we are. A virus.

We have taken a pristine beautiful world, and turned it into a dystopia. We took "god's command" to "subdue the earth," and we have played it to its fullest. That's another thing. There is a stark contrast between what the god of the OT said about earth, and what THE GOD of the NT says.

The OT god said:

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
Genesis 1:28

THE GOD of the NT said:

The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”
Not a fan of earth destroyers

The God of Jesus obviously is not the biggest fan of those who would "subdue" the earth.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

reply to post by gandhi

I disagree, for the one that is Holy, the Divine Unseen, is nameless, for Thee cant not be limited by such a thing as human language. It surpasses all forms of names....as same God, different name...only means that one doesnt understand, the True God, has no name.

Every time God is given a name, Thee is limited.

God has a name. it is said as far back as Solomon, Moses, Even Lilith(adams 1st wife)
the Greeks called it a "Tetragrammaton", "a terrible and wonderfull name consisting of 4 letters". "IHVH". no one knows how to pronouce it, al least in the general public. but it is said that he does have a name. not Yahweh or Jehovah. all wrong...what it is, we will probably never know or have a clue, unless maybe if you are a 33rd Degree Master Mason.
King Solomon speaks of it in his book on the Secret knowledge and arts of the Mysteries to his son Roboam.
There is def a name! no question about it. The closest men to God throughout the ages speak of a 4 letter name, so it must be so

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I took that name up from the 759 BCE Israelite Altar here on Hidden Mtn, which also has a Star Table with a Ye'aH glyph between Virgo and Scorpius in Libra depicting a Solar Eclipse on September 27th of that year which revealed the 5 visible planets!

If Ye-HUaH 'He To-BE' (HU'aH is the JUDicial statement affirming guarantee) was originally the 7 wanderers of the Heavens (as our Weekdays preserve almost true to magnitude), and the origin of the Consonantal Alphabet was a connect-the-dots of the Zodiac fixed stars where all that is missing is the Vowel 'aspirations' to sound them, then it is easy to see the bright/high to dim/low sounding iy eh uw oh uh ah ghaA would be the original Name (and account for the origin of the 7-tone musical scale)!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join