It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahweh is a storm god

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I hope that you don't consider yourself a follower of Christ, because you would be mistaken. It saddens me that you don't understand the grand narritive of God and don't have a robust theology of sin and consequences. Unfortunately you don't get to pick and choose what parts of Christianity you like and throw out the rest. I hope that you pray that you will not be led astray. If you abandon the OT you are not a follower of Christ and you don't understand Athropology or Soteriology. Please seek to understand the OT instead of reject it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

Just as though you are sad....there are others that are sad that humans have placed our attributes of the flesh onto what is Holy and Divine. The only 'book' to be read by God is the book of life, its experience, its a personal journey, filled with opportunities to seek within and sift and weigh what is of earth and what is of heaven. If people keep placing what is of Earth onto God, spiritual wisdom on a grand scale will not be, therefor it is always 'few' that find the narrow path.

This world was made with Gods book imprinted into it. Ways to seek God and find Thee has always been here, in a place that it cant be destroyed unlike a book. What Jesus taught does not parallel with the OT ways at all, and Rome didnt help the teachings of Jesus any for Rome had a political agenda when putting together the teachings of Jesus.

The idea of sin is misleading, for it gives the idea that we were never meant to understand the difference in good and bad, light and dark, earth and heaven. We are here to learn, we learn through mistakes, as long as a person learns from something, then it should not be regretted, for it helped formed them into a understanding of something. God is gracious, God is a comforter, God does not have two different natures, just as though we should not follow in both ways of Earth and ways of Spirit. The God of the OT sought out things of Earth, like land and a Temple built with hands...but yet Jesus taught on the road side, under palm trees. Jesus taught about a kingdom within, a temple built without hands. Then people make excuses why Jesus did not fight over land or temples, things of Earth and say he will be back to accomplish this. This is why many wont see the Divine teacher when he comes again, for they are seeking the teacher that will fight for things of Earth. Jesus made it clear that he would not fight for this life here.

The OT God image is what the people of that time thought they were in need of....for they were without land. God does not support separation of us through 'chosen ones' or separation of us through a special land. This goes against the core nature of what God is.

But, all of history is needed. It offers something to us, if we look. This goes back to the fact that....we will learn from our mistakes, and we should not regret mistakes that form us and help us see. We had to have the path that is not to see that path that is. You are responsible for your thoughts and actions....we carry our cross's just as Jesus did, we do reap what we sow so we can learn. The spiritual law of reaping what one sows was turned into an earthly practice with blood sacrifices. The idea that one could kill a animal (or eventually a man) and place their wrongs onto it is a scapegoat, and nothing less. We grow from owning our wrongs, not passing them off. We grow from facing our hearts, not by accepting a 'free gift'.

As much as you are saddened....so are many others for different reasons.

My best to you
LV

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Hello LV,

Im just offering thoughts for discourse, and I of course accept any challenging thoughts back at myself I worry us making a human a 'god' and believing that we place our sins onto another are 2 of the worst things for the vibration of our souls...in that we remain bound to Earth due to certain 'thoughts'. Yes, a simple thought can bound us here, I believe.

Would love some feedback
My best
LV

I fear we may have a bit of difference in perspective. Is it possible that some people are made to be of earth? I was wondering if I should start a story telling thread. This story seems to fit here maybe, it's called:

Out of Body Experience

I've heard many people describe out of body experiences. They usually include a sentence, "... and then I was hovering, looking down at my body." My experience is quite different than that.

I was down for the count. Due to extreme grief I had collapsed on my bed with no intention of getting up again. After five days it seemed there wouldn't be much time. Then I felt my soul leave my body. I looked up and saw my soul hovering above me.

Is it just possible that some just aren't meant to leave this earth, or is there a very big spiritual truth I'm missing here?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by pthena]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Maybe you could throw in 'language', too.
Last Sunday night, Coast to Coast had a guest on, Pof. Ken Hanson, discussing religion, from a historical perspective, and a caller asked him what he thought was a good translation of the Bible. The bottom line of Hanson's reply was, 'Learn Hebrew'. Odd that he did not say, 'Learn Greek'.
I was trying to figure out the meanings for some New Testament Greek words, yesterday, and had to conclude that the language itself is steeped in religion, and not the Hebrew religion, but the Greek religion, of course.
The Eleusian mystery religion was restricted to people who were not barbarians, and according to the author of one web site I was on, it means, basicaly, someone who spoke Greek was invited.
I came to this feeling that the Greek Language is entirely innapropriate for the Christian religion, unless it is, in fact, a mystery religion. I'm not sure how to deal with that concept, really. I am inclined, because my religion has been, up till now, based on the Hebrew languge, or at least I thought so, to reject anything that smacks of paganism. There is this rather odd statement, I think from Paul, in Acts, when they get shipwrecked or something, and the local people approach them to see who they were, and his defense was, 'We are not barbarians'. Like I said, very odd indeed.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Is it just possible that some just aren't meant to leave this earth, or is there a very big spiritual truth I'm missing here?
I don't know about 'spiritual truth' but, how about reality, which is this thing you just described is not exactly something anyone would like to embace, even as a possibility. It's just too frightening.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
Maybe the language difference explains why the largest groups of early converts seem to be Greek speaking Diaspora Jews, like Stephen. And the radical difference in perspective of works like Hebrews and James. Two totally different religions. One with no use for written Law and one that never went beyond the Law.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am very much different from the Gnostics who think the flesh is bad and must be left behind in order to ascend. I am still in duality of a different order. I see spirit and flesh joined to make a soul. The soul is not pure spirit. At least mine isn't. I know nothing whatsoever about ascending into heaven. I have ventured into underworld though.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
Maybe the language difference explains why the largest groups of early converts seem to be Greek speaking Diaspora Jews, like Stephen. And the radical difference in perspective of works like Hebrews and James. Two totally different religions. One with no use for written Law and one that never went beyond the Law.
There is a Law, in the New Testament, but it seems to not be spelled out. Instead of Paul saying, "This is the Law." you have him saying, "This person has been shown by God to be 'approved' and I will send him, and he will lead you into some sort of experience, that I will not describe, and then you will know how to behave." Help me out here, I'm starting to freak out.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

Hello LV,

Im just offering thoughts for discourse, and I of course accept any challenging thoughts back at myself I worry us making a human a 'god' and believing that we place our sins onto another are 2 of the worst things for the vibration of our souls...in that we remain bound to Earth due to certain 'thoughts'. Yes, a simple thought can bound us here, I believe.

Would love some feedback
My best
LV

I fear we may have a bit of difference in perspective. Is it possible that some people are made to be of earth? I was wondering if I should start a story telling thread. This story seems to fit here maybe, it's called:

Out of Body Experience

I've heard many people describe out of body experiences. They usually include a sentence, "... and then I was hovering, looking down at my body." My experience is quite different than that.

I was down for the count. Due to extreme grief I had collapsed on my bed with no intention of getting up again. After five days it seemed there wouldn't be much time. Then I felt my soul leave my body. I looked up and saw my soul hovering above me.

Hello pthena!

Interesting question indeed. I think it could all be about purpose and where ones marker is with their growth. I believe that some are here to help Earth transform as well, this would be a choice that a soul made to come and help Earth and the people apone it. I am in no hurry to find 'heaven' for I see that there is much to be done here, so I feel I have already made the choice to return to here. It is still a will of God...for God loves all and desires the return of all. If one is aware that they are here for a united purpose and not a purpose of 'self'....this could reflect on to why some may only see their soul from their bodily perspective, and some see their body from their soul perspective.

If one has true intentions of the heart for all of mankind, and for all of Earth, I think its possible that their Earthly body can be very aware and can be transformed in a way, being able to perceive what is of spirit in a literal way, such as being able to view the 'soul'.

You are very connected with the mother Earth...which also, like our bodies, does hold within it the spirit of life. So I see your body of Earth aware of the spirit within it, allowing you to see your spiritual body, the soul. If you werent in the body of flesh...you wouldnt be able to experience the 'spirit of the Earth' perceiving the 'spirit of the man'....I see your experience as the spirit of Earth being aware of the spirit of man.

Ill have to think on that more...that is a very interesting experience. The above is just what comes to mind first, and plus my knowing your very connected with the Earth.

Earth has a physical body which is a vessel that holds the spirit of life, just the same as our physical bodies are a vessel that holds the spirit of life within. We need to understand what behaviors are without spirit, what actions are without the spirit, to me, actions that are rooted with pride, jealousy, greed, ect...are actions without spirit.

You have made me think much Pthena....I guess what I am trying to say when I say to know what is of spirit and what is of Earth I should reword....and say to know what is of spirit and what is without. Not that the spirit is not within....but that the person is not using the spirit for understanding of their actions and behaviors.

Are you trying to confuse me Pthena??

Just kidding...I enjoy the challenging thoughts!

LV

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And just to note...I still think that it is failure of man to think that a human is 'God'.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Actually Yahweh is El, which is Saturn, and the entire mystery school, hybrid leaders corrupt plan against the people.

The code the langauage intensively.

www.scribd.com...
The code to the matrix

In depth coverage of the religions, the past, egypt the coding the matrix the black magic illuminati and their attempt to trap us.

Even our funeral services with the beveled edges making the rectangle coffin an 8 sided dimensional hypercube, they're squaring of the circle, to trap us. Its acutally based on a ceremony in Egypt, dark one, to seal the soul and send it down to lower astrals or to Saturn, Venus, etc. to their false deities.

El = Saturn
Sat ur day
UR a place in ancient Sumar
Sat el ite
el ite
Ma/Isis ad the God ES the snake lord Isis is also the stature liberty and the $
amon/mammoth --- amen america
planet -- plannet net

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Are you trying to confuse me Pthena??

Just kidding...I enjoy the challenging thoughts!

LV

Not confusion, confirmation. I know why I'm here. It was even confirmed by a Tarot reading. It's rather unusual for an eight card lay out to be the 8 most powerful cards. The only thing standing between me and my desire is an upside down universe. Once I've righted it, I'll just goof around and enjoy life.

But seriously I am bound to Mother Earth. The Father Sky is married to Earth, there seems to be a lack of consumation. There is an out of whackness I'm trying to understand. It has to do with people and their actions and beliefs. I'm trying to fix it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes indeed, language distorts.

Is it not ironic that Jesus sounds like the Greek God Zeus? H'zeus?

I have found alot of words in the OT and the NT that seem to have a translation into English that causes the meaning of the word to be lost.

A couple off the top of my head is the Hebrew word 'bara' which was translated as 'created'....there is a word in the NT Greek writings that was translated to mean 'meat'...but it could very well be translated to mean a 'carob pod' which is more like a bean substance from a plant.

Another is the word 'Nagash' or 'Nahash' being translated as serpent...which is still debated on...it seems it could mean a 'combiner'. Like a force at work that has purpose.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I kindly disagree. I dont think anything is trying to trap us here. El was a general term just like our general English term is 'god'. If man produced false images of god....with a name, there will be distortion.

El is much more ancient then the term Yahweh. What I see in the OT is a people that traveled in many lands trying to compact the many things they learned of and mabey even once practiced...such as 'names' for god.

Without using what another site says...can you tell me why your gutt feels that we are trapped?

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

You see your eternal body as being bound to Earth? What was before Earth? What will be after Earth? Material forms are not infinite.

I understand why you say father is sky and mother is earth...but isnt there more to it then that? For what was before the 'sky' and what was before the 'Earth'?

[edit on 13-2-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Another is the word 'Nagash' or 'Nahash' being translated as serpent...which is still debated on...it seems it could mean a 'combiner'. Like a force at work that has purpose.
According to the old mythology, creation is a process of differentiation, and dividing. Maybe there is an opposite force, of combining, or homogenizing, which would be the inertia against which the spirit of God has to work.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

There is a Law, in the New Testament, but it seems to not be spelled out. Instead of Paul saying, "This is the Law." you have him saying, "This person has been shown by God to be 'approved' and I will send him, and he will lead you into some sort of experience, that I will not describe, and then you will know how to behave." Help me out here, I'm starting to freak out.

Think in terms of sex. Moses engaged YHWH face to face. Who was the male, who was female? Joshua was the one who stayed in the tent. Moses male, Joshua female. Think now of the upside down cosmology of Egypt. The Female as sky raining down milk; as apposed to the Greek, with Chronos the male as sky. I don't think the Hebrews got beyond the Egyptian cosmology.

Think now of Paul's warnings about 'sexual perversion'. Did Paul really care about physical heterosexuality vs homosexuality? I don't think so. He cared about spiritual correctness. If the Father is male and of the Spirit, shouldn't a human soul be female? That's the only way the Son can become.

So now I say, YHWH is a woman confused about herself. Her religion is confused.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You see your eternal body as being bound to Earth? What was before Earth? What will be after Earth? Material forms are not infinite.

I understand why you say father is sky and mother is earth...but isnt there more to it then that? For what was before the 'sky' and what was before the 'Earth'?

Not infinite, but very very old and long lasting. The earth is something like 750,000,000 years old. Ever since the 'big bang' the the universe has been expanding and differentiating. Sky and Earth are symbols of the whole universe. It is up to the evolving human mind to imagine and contemplate the end of expansion and the reverse to contraction. Then God will once again be complete. The race won't survive anywhere close to full contraction. But we can see far off, way into the future, and try to make it so in ourselves and in our communities.

We are One in the final analysis, make it so.

I have to babysit now. Will check back later during nap time.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What I find interesting is that the word for created, or the word that we translated to mean created was 'bara'...and it could mean 'filled or fattened'.

So we have this idea that God could of filled or fattened the heavens and the earth...and that there was a 'combiner' or 'cupid' that brought the two things together.

Not stating facts of course...just general thoughts with the languages we have to go by. The process of 'emanation' resonates deeply with me also, and this idea of creation is within some past beliefs of man. The idea that something never could of came from nothing...but that something always emanates from a former something.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Interesting...I see electricity and magnetism as symbols for the universe. The Earth and all spheres holding a polarity, a charge...and the sky being the space the electricity is running through, connecting each sphere. Under the material forms are invisible forces.

Have fun with the children....so precious they are!!

My best
LV

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join