It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK I got a trivia question for you... Who were the original basketball playing race? A little hint they lived in ghettos.

As a sad sad knicks fan (who lives in glory of days past) I am somewhat familiar with basketball history ...

Here's a fun fact I just learned: Wataru Misaka was the first non white player to play in the NBA. I think that's interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertine23
wow. this is 2010 right?

it won't last.

That's right. It is 2010. So what about black only colleges or BET? It's bad if there's anything that is "whites only", but it's fine as day if it's blacks only? I thought you said it was 2010!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by Jsmallz
Can we get over this white and black stuff already, the NBA is not about white and black, it's about skill and if you know how to play good, you will get some burn

I for one wish we could...but the thread is based of such stuff. And forgive me, but being a lifelong football player and 34 year old white male...what the hell does "get some burn" mean...

I'm guessing playin time????????

Hi RCW1975,

Good posts. You actually make some sense, I believe this guys problem is different but that's not what I want to talk to you about.

I'm not a Football player sized guy, but I'm a Martial Arts enthusiast for 42 years, 6 ft 198. I have fought guys of every size, color, and nationality you can think of in thousands of fights.

I never once encountered a fighter that was good, or better because of his size, race, or nationality. In football it's different due to the nature of the game, and rules. I never really remember thinking "Oh # I have to fight a "insert race here".

I get a lot more from the way they move, and the eyes.

Do you personally find any problems with mixing it up with Black and whatever players you play with? Honest question not baiting, you have not said anything I find objectionable. I figure the folk on the thread might benefit from real examples of problems, not just the usual stereotypes.

I noticed the fists, feet, blood, and sweat taste about the same respectively when I get hit on the mouth, or get a taste of a persons blood, or sweat in a fight.

The only problems I saw came from occupations more than anything else. I train Police, and Police Academy students. I would have to honestly say they many, tend to be "overly enthusiastic" when they join. I had to do separate classes so they would only injure each other.

I understand why they do it, it's the sense of, "If I lose I die" mentality that cops need sometimes. But that is really it save for the students that watch too many kung fu movies, but they learn pretty fast to not try to do Jackie Chan moves.

What would you say is the biggest issue, if any.

Best regards

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

No, Everyone's wrong.....it's simply because Black people are much better basketball players than us...that's all their is to it. They want it to be an all white American (notice they said American...all they had to say was caucasian, but wanted to make it look good i guess) team cause they don't want black dudes using our foreheads as stepping stones on the way to dunking the hoop. LOL....seriously...it has nothing to do with fundemtals....black people are just as if not more strategic with the game if anything....

This is stupid. Like I said, it has nothing to do with race or anything. It's just generally accepted that Black dudes are much more athletic than white guys......white boys can't jump...and there's nothing wrong with that. But, like the NBA was founded by white people, now there's barely any in there...well, not really, there's plenty of them..but you all get my point, and if you don't, then.....don't feel offended by this...it's not offensive.

I agree with another poster on this thread. If this doesn't get passed, then BET and Black Panthers and whatever else should be banned as well.... I know they won't be, and I don't want them to be, but you can all say, that if a WET channel came out, there would be some non-too happy people out there. I mean, I remember one time when Lauren Hill from the Fugi's was on BET and she said "I would rather one of my kids die, than a white person buy my album", and I was like WHOA!!! Did not expect that to come out of her mouth since I bumped that stuff all the time!!! LOL...ah well, can't win em all!

I agree with the league....whatever right? I'll still watch the NBA instead.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Most black people I know wouldn't give a crap about this "white's only" league, with the exception of two drama cows by the name of Al and Jesse.

And regarding the Black colleges, keep in mind those came into existence in response to "white's only" colleges, otherwise known as EVERY damn college out there. Same for the "Negro leagues", again, a response to Jim Crow laws and, until the passage of the Civil Rights, the White man's exclusion of everything "dark" from nearly all of their institutions including sports.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
all race specific things should be ether outlawed or allowed. if theres Black only things there should be white only things. pick one or the other simple as that

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Cool fun fact
Now look at us, denying ignorance
Seriously though that was interesting thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's really hard this one, I've got a million jokes coming into my head but I know someone would call it off topic even if it wasn't off color, so to speak.

So I will just say this... Anybody who wants to start any non-professional sports league - go for it, and this is why. An average family can't even go to a professional sports game any more with the prices, it's insane, and if you want really good seats and some food and drink for four people, not even an important game, you could be looking at a thousand dollars. That's the crazy thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It's just generally accepted that Black dudes are much more athletic than white guys......white boys can't jump...and there's nothing wrong with that.

No but most short guys can shoot and make 3 point shots all day long!

I could very easily find a dozen short guys (notice I didn't say white) that can utilize the whole court and take advantage of the fact that there is a line that if you shoot from behind it you get 3 points and lay some whoop ass on those high paid street ball players.

Most of you all are to young to remember when there was 120-130 point games in the NBA.All the time,and they did not have a 3 point line.

And when a player went to the free throw line he actually made them both.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
LOL! How did I miss this? All white? NO STREETBALL, as in no dunking, no cross-overs, no sprinting, no long shorts, no fun, and especially no audience or money.

This is a joke right?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why are there no women in the NBA, NFL, or Hockey? talk about prejudice. (Yes I know some ladies that would tackle your bum into the dirt No problem)

Why aren't we all Doctors, or lawyers or Team owners, why do we not all make the same amount of Money?

Can I call discrimination because I'n not allowed to perform brain surgery?? ( I have a steady hand and really have read all the books )

ABILITY, not EQUALITY.

EQUALITY brings EVERYONE down to the lowest common denominator, No one is ever "elevated" by "equal" rights.

I want Equal rights for Non sports players, I want 6 million dollars a year NOT to play sports, Just to be "equal"

Right? Right??

[edit on 21-1-2010 by thedigirati]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When will the madness stop?
I can't decide if the scores will be exceedingly high or embarrassingly low.
This is gonna be worse than the USFL and XFL ever were.
Or more to the point, like watching the preliminary auditions of American Idol.
Answer to my own question; April.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

yeah getting some burn means playing time and there are a lot of people in the NBA that are not black that get it because it's about skill not race

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

...What? So your going to dismiss Larry Bird, THE GREAT John Stockon, even MR. NBA Logo himself Jerry West.

The difference is drive and motivation, that is all, period.

White males can be just as great as the black NBA players. The NBA nowadays is more concerned about athleticism, fundamentals can be taught later. If your tall as hell, more than likely your going to be pushed to be an NBA player.

FYI: I'm keeping my eyes on my boy..Psycho T!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Ah, finally one of your posts i agree with!

Don't worry...most of the white americans that complain about there being a BET don't realize that it came into existence because MTV would rarely, if ever, play any black music...particularly rap. So the founder of BET, Bob Johnson, created BET to showcase black music. It's as simple of that.

Most of the people that complain about their being a "race" specific anything won't try to find out how or why such came into being. They just immediately start hating and begin the showcase their ignorance.

And oh yea, for those black colleges..a white person can get a minority scholarship courtesy of affirmative action. Ain't that cool!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
...What? So your going to dismiss Larry Bird, THE GREAT John Stockon, even MR. NBA Logo himself Jerry West.

Never would I dismiss them..but in relation to the thread these great players were NOT street ballers like they are today. These guys were the "fundamental" players of the past...and damn good too...but you and I know not even Larry couldn't hang with Lebron or Kobe...

It would be like matching up a division III football team like Curry College against a division I team like Penn State...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
But, but, I thought I heard that 'white men can't jump'
or was that movie a lie?!?! ;p

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Most black people I know wouldn't give a crap about this "white's only" league, with the exception of two drama cows by the name of Al and Jesse.

And regarding the Black colleges, keep in mind those came into existence in response to "white's only" colleges, otherwise known as EVERY damn college out there. Same for the "Negro leagues", again, a response to Jim Crow laws and, until the passage of the Civil Rights, the White man's exclusion of everything "dark" from nearly all of their institutions including sports.

And that was how long ago? Seriously . . . get with the times.

So "white" colleges can't discriminate, but "black" colleges can?

Equality anyone?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I gotcha
. Hell if anything...fundamentals can make up the lack in physical stature. I mean look at Chris Paul...he's just a damn good point guard and not physically imposing at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

And that was how long ago? Seriously . . . get with the times.
So "white" colleges can't discriminate, but "black" colleges can?
Equality anyone?

Let me see. This link should answer your question The Historical Black College and University — A Rich Tradition .

Black colleges don't. Like i stated in my previous post, white americans can apply and go to a black college if they want. As a matter of fact because of Affirmative Action, white americans aren't turned away...unless to many applt, heh.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join